[ROM]PAC-MAN ROM V6 (MM Edition) TEST RELEASES: (20160211)

Should Pac-Man Rom Become Offical (Nightly Builds) alpha/beta pre-leases and more

• Yes:

Votes: 47 74.6%
  • No:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep It UnOffical:

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Doesn't Matter to me either way:

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Seriously, it's stable, snappy, and smooth. Runs cool too. Not sure what the deal is on your end.
As far as a lot of features go, I'd say it's in the middle. Definitely not a lot like DU, RR, Temasek, etc. Features are in the PAC Console in the app drawer.
I use GravityBox to fill in the blanks. ?

LG G3 D851, PAC-ROM 6, Tapatalk 4.9.5

Reactions: nytebird

Andrewoidd

Jan 11, 2016
North, SC
I tried it in multirom, as a secondary rom.. i have du on primary, and PAC-man found it quite laggy especially the quicksettings/notification and not much customizable, many stuff are missing.. especially smart navigation bar that makes it easy modify navig bar and with more features than the one with this rom.

I added notification pull toggle in the navigation bar and used it ... the notification pulls down in slow motion.

My main concerns in a rom are: stability, snappy smooth, features/customizability, high SOT.

Are you running the MM official build from the website? After I adjusted some settings it has worked snappy. In developer's options, make sure to lower the transition scale and all those to like 0.2. But mess around with the kernel settings. You have HYPER, ElementalX, and SmartassH3 which will give you great performance as for CPU governors, and something like ZEN for I/O will help as well.

I agree with the customization parts. It does lack important features, like navigation bar tweaks, lock screen shortcuts, gestures, etc. I would have switched from it as well, but Xposed will help with that. GravityBox has the answers to most of those. You can swap out a navigation bar for Slimpie, or even tweak the navigation bar. Has lock screen shortcuts as well if you want. I use GB just to get rid of the navigation bar and the lock screen stuff. I use Gesture Navigation module from Xposed for navigating and also some gesture shortcuts.

As compared to the prior PAC builds (I have tried 3 -- Kitkat build had restarting issues, the most updated Lollipop which was a disaster, and an older Lollipop one from marcdw which was pretty good as well, just had volume issues and some bugs), this one is the most stable, and has the coolest kernel. Seriously, this is the best kernel I have tried for Marshmallow, as compared to aCC, Nebula, and 777. I used to use Dirty Unicorns as my main for like 5 months, and while DU had more customizations, I like this PAC-ROM build better because of Privacy Guard and a better kernel. Other than that, they are both rather similar (once you have Gravity Box that is for PAC-ROM). I do miss the Gesture anywhere that DU and PAC-ROM 5.1.1. had though.

Reactions: Shady282

Shady282

Oct 1, 2013
Are you running the MM official build from the website? After I adjusted some settings it has worked snappy. In developer's options, make sure to lower the transition scale and all those to like 0.2. But mess around with the kernel settings. You have HYPER, ElementalX, and SmartassH3 which will give you great performance as for CPU governors, and something like ZEN for I/O will help as well.

I agree with the customization parts. It does lack important features, like navigation bar tweaks, lock screen shortcuts, gestures, etc. I would have switched from it as well, but Xposed will help with that. GravityBox has the answers to most of those. You can swap out a navigation bar for Slimpie, or even tweak the navigation bar. Has lock screen shortcuts as well if you want. I use GB just to get rid of the navigation bar and the lock screen stuff. I use Gesture Navigation module from Xposed for navigating and also some gesture shortcuts.

As compared to the prior PAC builds (I have tried 3 -- Kitkat build had restarting issues, the most updated Lollipop which was a disaster, and an older Lollipop one from marcdw which was pretty good as well, just had volume issues and some bugs), this one is the most stable, and has the coolest kernel. Seriously, this is the best kernel I have tried for Marshmallow, as compared to aCC, Nebula, and 777. I used to use Dirty Unicorns as my main for like 5 months, and while DU had more customizations, I like this PAC-ROM build better because of Privacy Guard and a better kernel. Other than that, they are both rather similar (once you have Gravity Box that is for PAC-ROM). I do miss the Gesture anywhere that DU and PAC-ROM 5.1.1. had though.

Well, I ve never tweaked the kernel of any rom because usually i find so many profiles with weird names... i just want smooth experience with a lot of SOT. I only use the phone for whatsapp and browsing and nothing more, no youtube, or videos or games..... i don't even feel comfortable browsing on my phone because it drains battery fast and my battery is 2 months old. I ve tried DU and only getting about 3h SOT and on antutu i ve got 49780... I still didn't find the custom rom that fits my need yet.
I can't really talk about pac-man because i only tried this nightly and i don't want to judge it based on that. I read on the first page that i has lots of features and such and i thought it is for MM but seems it is for lollipop :p so i guess i have to wait for the full release. or just move to the Nougat versions coming out.

Andrewoidd

Jan 11, 2016
North, SC
Well, I ve never tweaked the kernel of any rom because usually i find so many profiles with weird names... i just want smooth experience with a lot of SOT. I only use the phone for whatsapp and browsing and nothing more, no youtube, or videos or games..... i don't even feel comfortable browsing on my phone because it drains battery fast and my battery is 2 months old. I ve tried DU and only getting about 3h SOT and on antutu i ve got 49780... I still didn't find the custom rom that fits my need yet.
I can't really talk about pac-man because i only tried this nightly and i don't want to judge it based on that. I read on the first page that i has lots of features and such and i thought it is for MM but seems it is for lollipop :p so i guess i have to wait for the full release. or just move to the Nougat versions coming out.

Yea, the most updated build on this post was a disaster for me. The 5.1.1 from November. Only ran on Powersave. The Marshmallow build is a totally different experience. A Much better experience It does lack some features but GravityBox fixes that. Here is the link: https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/pacman/d851/Official

PAC won't get Nougat. What does it say is draining the battery?

Reactions: Shady282

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.png

PAC-ROM OFFERS A UNIQUE CUSTOM ROM EXPERIENCE WITH OUR OWN TWEAKS AND OPTIONS,
    INCLUDING ELEMENTS AND FEATURES FROM THE BEST ROMS OUT THERE.
    WHY CHOOSE AMONG ROMS, WHEN YOU HAVE ALL-IN-ONE!

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

DISCLAIMER
    warranty is void
    The Pac-Rom Team Nor I is responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of flashing.
    Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.

Attention: I can now be reached though IRC on Channels #NebulaKernel and #MultiRom
    at this Link: W-IRC: FreeNode
    Just enter your Nickname and verify that your not a bot and click connect.

pacman.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM]PAC-MAN ROM [ LP5.1 ], ROM for the T-Mobile LG G3

Contributors
    Eliminater74
    Source Code: https://github.com/PAC-man/pacman

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.4.X

Version Information

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2015-08-20
    Project Update:

Project Update: I have done some research on the differents between CM/Slim/Omni/PA/AOSP-L/EuroSkank

Here is what I came up with, but first let me explain something, As you know our device cant use pure AOSP, so we need some things CM related or at least CAF to support our device.
    So I looked into all the above mentioned Roms(Manifest.xml) and marked down everything that was NO AOSP (nor AOSP Related).
    Then after doing that. I went though each dir tree that was not AOSP. for that particular rom, and its amazing what I found out.
    Lets start with Slim, Slim claims its mostly pure AOSP and that any addons are coded by them,
    Strangely to say all their so called own modded sections, are nothing but forks from CM where all the commints and dates match to a tee. All they did was
    clone the CM version, then push it to their hub, that way it doesnt show fork from. (I know this trick well), Some are their own commits added on to CM. But only found 3 that are.

Now Omni, Omni is for the most part 90% Pure AOSP except with the editions of their mods. All check out to be 100% genuine.
    PA, Pa I didnt look much into since the trees that I found where that of 4.4.4, So I have no comment on this one.
    AOSP-L that everyone told me was so great. only about 50% of it is pure AOSP the rest is as Slim forked over CM with mods to meet their needs..
    EuroSkank is 100% pure AOSP with mods for their settings and what not.

My Conclusion, As you know every ROM will have their own MODS that meet their Needs. Like settings and some vendor files and build with framework/base..
    and from time to time external sections like f2fs-tools and busybox, as busybox is no included in the google code.
    and they add on a few more things there and there. All to tie in together to make their rom good.

With all that said, Im going to take the best mix of what I can find that seems to be the closes and best fit for our devices and use that with my Project.
    Omni has alot of good code, but also CM does have some sections that they havent broken yet, and are pretty good for the most part....

So by the time I am done, I would have a 70% AOSP/CAF and 30% Mixed between all the above mentioned ROMS Except AOSP-L/PA..

Side Note: Dont misunderstand what I am saying, All the above mentioned roms Put alot of work into their roms. As for me creating my own, Its not easy.
    so I respect the authors/Teams that produce the customs roms that we all get to use today..

Also its good to note that, Its not the Apps that make the rom good/smooth/fast/stable.
    its really in the authors ability to create the correct scripts and mods used to compile and build the rom.
    Example: Build dir is very importen as its the heart of the build process.. then you have other dirs as well that tie it all in..

Most custom roms will use Custom Build, Frameworks/base, settings.apk, vendor/(rom name) as their main custom sections...

Well thats just my 2 cents. I have learned alot from doing all this research. I wanted to to know what I was getting my self into. so research is the only way to do that..

My Build dir, is based off of PAC's since I already made all the changes and I really like the way pac runs its scripts..
    same as for my vendor files.. all Based off of PAC's as well.. framework/base and settings.apk is yet to be known what I might do...
    Attention: I repo New version of PAC, V 6.0 ,
    Im going to give it a crack at building it........ Cant say it will work.. but im going to try...........................

I just updated all my device trees, Need to still get my personal manifest updated. also vendor files done right.........

a few other things too..
    HTML:
     __  __   ______  _____    ______   ______  ______    
    /\ \/\ \ /\  == \/\  __-. /\  __ \ /\__  _\/\  ___\   
    \ \ \_\ \\ \  _-/\ \ \/\ \\ \  __ \\/_/\ \/\ \  __\   
     \ \_____\\ \_\   \ \____- \ \_\ \_\  \ \_\ \ \_____\ 
      \/_____/ \/_/    \/____/  \/_/\/_/   \/_/  \/_____/
    New Kernel Based off of 777Kernel By @777jon

Link: nebula_kernel_mr-patch_20150625-signed-zip

All Govs are working as said...... Best one is Blu Active
    Post back your reports on this Kernel.

I rewrote alot of code in the cpufreq area Had too, I even had to move some things to includes/linux/cpufreq.h
    I added Frandom which is a far better random Number generator then stock one.
    I added a few other things as well...

I feel its in my right to change the name of this Kernel since I have pretty much changed it alot.
    I give full credit to @777jon For his 777kernel.. I had permission to use his kernel and make changes..

And since I did alot of hardcore coding and none was cherry-picked..

BTW, kernel is now Default Selinux: Permissive : here is the code that I used to do that:
    new_value = 0; /* inserted this line */

if (new_value != selinux_enforcing) {
    length = task_has_security(current, SECURITY__SETENFORCE);
    if (length)
    goto out;
    audit_log(current->audit_context, GFP_KERNEL, AUDIT_MAC_STATUS,
    "enforcing=%d old_enforcing=%d auid=%u ses=%u",
    new_value, selinux_enforcing,
    audit_get_loginuid(current),
    audit_get_sessionid(current));
    selinux_enforcing = new_value;
    if (selinux_enforcing)
    avc_ss_reset(0);
    selnl_notify_setenforce(selinux_enforcing);
    selinux_status_update_setenforce(selinux_enforcing);
    }

So it will always be Permissive from now on for you all..

Hope you enjoy...................

Ohh yea.. one more thing:

My Source Code: Kernel Source Code
    Update: I just got word from Pac Devs that Wifi connection has been fixed...... we already have the fix for Data.... So
    Ill be making a new build soon.............

BTW: I didnt tell you this yet, but here it goes now, We are going to be Official Soon.. Nightly Pacs 6's Like that?

Yea I decided to go Official..........................................