[ROM]Paranoid Android Quartz [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

dante_07

Feb 20, 2011
Magisk 20.4 forbidden in this phone, ir cause bootlops. About autobrightness issuo is not PA issue, is present in others AOSP (LOS, carbon, aosip), but devs are working on it and I'm sure that it will be solved soon.

Enviado desde mi realme X2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Sorry for asking so much, but what's up with the brightness? I dont care for it so much, but it can be annoying some times when the brightness shoots up when something is white. Is that something software that's hard to fix? And now im not asking an eta for when it will be fix just wondering.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

No, its using google phone and last time i check it does not have it. If you install this with magisk you can get it with root, but cant recommend anything because its been i long time since i have used it.
In some roms autobrightness issue it's solved hiding notch in developer settings, but some (like me in LOS) are loosing fingerprint when notch is hide. Try and choice

SebTech33

Feb 25, 2016
all i know is most Custom rom threads say dont use 20.4 unless you want to go to Boot-Loop City :p
Ok

Magisk 20.4 forbidden in this phone, ir cause bootlops. About autobrightness issuo is not PA issue, is present in others AOSP (LOS, carbon, aosip), but devs are working on it and I'm sure that it will be solved soon.
Ok, ill wait to see if a later magisk version works ;)
Thanks for the explanation for the auto brightness issue. Yeah i think they will iron that out.
Do you know why this rom has the random reboot issue? Or know how i can log the issue in an effective way?

dante_07

Feb 20, 2011
Ok

Ok, ill wait to see if a later magisk version works ;)
Thanks for the explanation for the auto brightness issue. Yeah i think they will iron that out.
Do you know why this rom has the random reboot issue? Or know how i can log the issue in an effective way?
Really I don't know, I'm a proud LOS user [emoji41]

SebTech33

Feb 25, 2016
In some roms autobrightness issue it's solved hiding notch in developer settings, but some (like me in LOS) are loosing fingerprint when notch is hide. Try and choice
Do you mean display cutoff in developer settings? If not i dont see an option to hide it

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Really I don't know, I'm a proud LOS user [emoji41]
I was on los before i wanted to test this and one of the apps that is vital for me has a max for how many times it can be registered to a device in a year (and backup and restore with data does not work). Now i cant change rom either, but i really like the feel of this rom, except the reboot issue since it often happends when im in a app browsing never when the device is left alone.

cata556

Jun 29, 2020
0 random reboots.

Do you mean display cutoff in developer settings? If not i dont see an option to hide it

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

I was on los before i wanted to test this and one of the apps that is vital for me has a max for how many times it can be registered to a device in a year (and backup and restore with data does not work). Now i cant change rom either, but i really like the feel of this rom, except the reboot issue since it often happends when im in a app browsing never when the device is left alone.

I had 0 random reboots in two weeks of using it. Really no issues. Bluetooth connectivity is top notch and really love the volume adjust on this one, especially when casting through Chromecast. I just found the speakers volume a little lower than stock(with or without Atmos on). And one freeze after a manual reboot. Other than that, top notch but I would like a more performance oriented kernel, as the battery is not a problem with this one. Another great plus is the ''unkilling'' of background app, which in stock ROM is awful, in spite of the wopping 12 gigs of RAM. AOD and fingerprint would be a big plus and an option to make screenshot crop with 3 fingers(as on stock).

Last edited:

SebTech33

Feb 25, 2016
I had 0 random reboots in two weeks of using it. Really no issues. Bluetooth connectivity is top notch and really love the volume adjust on this one, especially when casting through Chromecast. I just found the speakers volume a little lower than stock(with or without Atmos on). And one freeze after a manual reboot. Other than that, top notch but I would like a more performance oriented kernel, as the battery is not a problem with this one. Another great plus is the ''unkilling'' of background app, which in stock ROM is awful, in spite of the wopping 12 gigs of RAM. AOD and fingerprint would be a big plus and an option to make screenshot crop with 3 fingers(as on stock).

Hmm then i have to ask what did you wipe in twrp before installing this? And what did you do when installing the rom. I followed the instructions here, but was a little unsure what to wipe since i came from LOS. Yeah you could stop the apps from being killed i stock rom, but there was multiple places you needed to add it to and didnt always work.. aod would be nice, have had a few times where the fp didnt do anything dispite it turning the brightness up. Also its a little slow. On stock i just bearly touched it on this i have to hold it for a solid 1-2 sec before it does something. Screenshot crop would be nice, you have the option to edit it right after you take the screenshot tho. It also has a long screenshot option. Im having a problem with my vpn. It starts up and connects after startup, but out of the blue it gets killed and i have to open it. Haven't had this issue on other roms so its not a problem with the app.

Last edited:

gt20

Aug 5, 2017
New Delhi
Realme X2 Pro
CLEAN FLASH HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Link Updated
*Source Upstreamed to Quartz 4
* VoWiFi Fixed
*Added toggle button to limit charging (realme settings)
* OTG is no more turned ON by default, you can enable
& disable from settings now (realme settings)
* Now you can choose between AMD & Tilt Sensor to wake up the device, choose whichever works best for you (Ambient Settings)
* Switched to QTI BT stack (Just like stock rom)
* Updated Dolby app
* Improved corner paddings
*sRGB Toggle Added
*AOD added
Know issues cause lack of testers
*Proximity sensor based gestures are not working

Last edited:

SebTech33

Feb 25, 2016
Link Updated
* VoWiFi Fixed
* Now you can choose between AMD & Tilt Sensor to wake up the device, choose whichever works best for you (Ambient Settings)
* Updated Dolby app
*sRGB Toggle Added
*AOD added
Just dirtyflash over exsisting version right? Or do i need to wipe something?

SebTech33

Feb 25, 2016
Sorry I forgot to mention that clean flash is Highly recommend since source had many changes
Is there a way to keep the device id? I think that is what the app that i need use. Or i can be way off ? i just flashed it over the old one yesterday and it seems fine and more stable. I have only had one random reboot thats better that five.

And where do i turn off or change the quick pulldown? I sat it to the wrong side and now i cant figure out how to change it..

gt20

Aug 5, 2017
New Delhi
Realme X2 Pro
Is there a way to keep the device id? I think that is what the app that i need use. Or i can be way off ? i just flashed it over the old one yesterday and it seems fine and more stable. I have only had one random reboot thats better that five.

And where do i turn off or change the quick pulldown? I sat it to the wrong side and now i cant figure out how to change it..
No Random Reboots here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FUP996O1.jpg

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Device-specific issues

You tell me

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    Have an unlocked bootloader, and custom recovery installed/booted
    (Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)
    Reboot to recovery
    Make sure your device is with RealmeUI firmware
    Flash ROM zip (Gapps Included)
    Format data (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)
    Downloads:
    ROM:
    Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931)
    RECOVERY: [url]https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=306659[/URL]
    FIRMWARE,VENDOR[url]https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmVYxhw8bV6t0kQ7AdsmIppyNry4[/URL] (Thanks to J)

I can't thank @karthick111 & @phhusson enough for their contribution on realme X2 Pro device.
    Also thanks to @Sathish, @4j17h and tester @Nuaman

Contributors
    gt20

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x

Kernel Source
    Link

Version Information

Created 2020-06-21
    Last Updated 2020-06-21
    *BT Media Fixed
    Link Updated
    CLEAN FLASH HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Link Updated
    * VoWiFi Fixed
    * Updated Dolby app
    *sRGB Toggle Added
    *AOD added
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode