• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM PART][DEV] Extended Power Menu

Search This thread

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
This is designed to be for ROM devs, not for regular users. if you don't understand how to use these, don't use them! and always have a backup handy.

attachment.php

I have added Extended Power Menu in, but the way that it works requires a modification of some system files that only make sense to add into new roms.
android.policy.jar and framework.jar can just be placed in /system/framework/ and they should work just fine.

The part that needs to be edited is your framework-res.apk. I have attached a modified framework-res.apk that works, which is a modified version of Ayo's themed gingerclone framework. it's easiest for those who are just starting to build a rom to just theme from this framework instead of modifying it.

For those who want this and are already on a rom and don't want to change, you can push the 3 files to /system/framework/ and reboot, and it should work just fine, however it will have the gingerclone icons/theme.

For those who want to edit their own framework-res.apk so they don't have to retheme it (not recommended), follow the instructions here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=811532

it's probably easier to pull the changed images from your framework and push them into this framework, rather than trying to add the changes into your framework.

Credit to untermensch for the guide I followed, and credit to dr. honk, as I used his bionix frost theme as a model for the changes.

it will take a bit to boot after you push the files, as it has to rebuild the dalvik cache, so just wait for it, and adb logcat to see if it has problems.

Download: DOWNLOAD

Attachments

• snap20110720_215902.jpg
    snap20110720_215902.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,915
Last edited:

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Work's great bro , Good job .
This is designed to be for ROM devs, not for regular users. if you don't understand how to use these, don't use them! and always have a backup handy.

attachment.php

I have added Extended Power Menu in, but the way that it works requires a modification of some system files that only make sense to add into new roms.
android.policy.jar and framework.jar can just be placed in /system/framework/ and they should work just fine.

The part that needs to be edited is your framework-res.apk. I have attached a modified framework-res.apk that works, which is a modified version of Ayo's themed gingerclone framework. it's easiest for those who are just starting to build a rom to just theme from this framework instead of modifying it.

For those who want this and are already on a rom and don't want to change, you can push the 3 files to /system/framework/ and reboot, and it should work just fine, however it will have the gingerclone icons/theme.

For those who want to edit their own framework-res.apk so they don't have to retheme it (not recommended), follow the instructions here:

it's probably easier to pull the changed images from your framework and push them into this framework, rather than trying to add the changes into your framework.

Credit to untermensch for the guide I followed, and credit to dr. honk, as I used his bionix frost theme as a model for the changes.

it will take a bit to boot after you push the files, as it has to rebuild the dalvik cache, so just wait for it, and adb logcat to see if it has problems.

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
Just saying, it's the first line, and it's in red. if you want this, I have it in a flashable theme in the themes and apps section.

sidekick_fanatic

Jan 23, 2012
i really want to do this, but obviously multiupload is down. could someone possibly attach the files and email or text them to me? just pm for my gmail addy or number.

Dr.Gonz0

May 21, 2007
Curious about adding in an option to take a screen shot from that menu? Same as in the cyanogenmod series. Thanks for releasing this bad boy though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php