2okPze5.png

Code:
/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction

This is the official Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Moto X4, codename payton.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install via Lineage Recovery

Please follow the official instructions

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

How to install via TWRP

1. Boot the newest TWRP .img from the Official TWRP Project Site.
  2. IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
  3. In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted.
  4. ADB sideload the newest weekly
  5. (Optionally) You can flash the newest TWRP Installer also found at the Official TWRP Project Site if you wish to maintain TWRP, though the pre-installed Lineage Recovery instance will do everything you need it to in most cases. We don't recommend or support the use of the TWRP installer, as it is overwritten on every update (will need to be re-installed every update), and has no addon.d-v2 persistence.
  6. Click "Reboot", then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
  7. (Optionally) Flash GApps
  8. Reboot

How to upgrade from 17.1 via Lineage Recovery

How to upgrade from 17.1 via TWRP

2. IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK AND WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS FOR FIRST TIME, INSTALL "Copy Partitions Zip" FROM POST #2
  3. In TWRP, click "Wipe", then select "advanced" and select "cache" and wipe.
  4. ADB sideload the newest weekly build or copy it to your device and install the zip
  5. (Optionally) You can flash the newest TWRP Installer also found at the Official TWRP Project Site if you wish to maintain TWRP, though the pre-installed Lineage Recovery instance will do everything you need it to in most cases. We don't recommend or support the use of the TWRP installer, as it is overwritten on every update (will need to be re-installed every update), and has no addon.d-v2 persistence.
  6. Click "Reboot", then choose "Recovery", this will boot you to either Lineage Recovery or TWRP depending on your choice to install TWRP or not. It is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic.
  8. Reboot

Notes

Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine, though is not supported.)
Official Lineage OS builds ship with full treble compatibility, with VNDK runtime enforcement! This means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run any GSI (yes, even Pie!) without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem as /vendor (as /oem isn't used in custom ROM's anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.

Download

Official:

Unofficial test builds:

Google Apps (GApps)

MindTheGapps:

GCam Mods

XDA:DevDB Information

Lineage OS 18.1, ROM for the Moto X4

Contributors

erfanoabdi, ThE_MarD, Lineage Team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required: Official Pie

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Last edited:

dhinesh_cool

Jan 17, 2018
Moto X4
Google Pixel 3
Heyyo, a new test build is up! The link can be found on the first post under the unofficial test builds link. lineage-18.1-20210119-UNOFFICIAL-payton contains some audio tweaks for echo-reference, speaker volume boost as well, so please test all voice call and audio recording functions.

For wifi display we can update wfd from caf
Seems works on other roms

Reactions: spiral777

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @dhinesh_cool , the CAF blobs you are referring to are from Board Support Packages, which do not have any transferrable rights as it isn't publicly available like a stock ROM for a device.

LineageOS does not allow blobs from BSP because of that, to avoid any potential legal issues.

So hopefully another solution presents itself... Or if we're lucky? A better solution replaces Miracast

dhinesh_cool

Jan 17, 2018
Moto X4
Google Pixel 3
Heyyo @dhinesh_cool , the CAF blobs you are referring to are from Board Support Packages, which do not have any transferrable rights as it isn't publicly available like a stock ROM for a device.

LineageOS does not allow blobs from BSP because of that, to avoid any potential legal issues.

So hopefully another solution presents itself... Or if we're lucky? A better solution replaces Miracast

Ahh that bad
Another question is offline charging works?

Reactions: spiral777
D

Deleted member 9129634

Offline charging works, but the animation is broken.
Edit: Is the selinux permessive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IronTechmonkey
D

Deleted member 9129634

Ok. I played cod and scwitch to telelgram. Then I switch back to cod. But the game loads from the beginning. In other rom it doesn't happen. I think the ram management could be impoved.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, another test build is going up! The upload should be done within 30 minutes of this post and link to test builds are in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210202-UNOFFICIAL-payton contains fixes for the offline charging animation and for WiFi hotspot with WPA2 (it isn't merged yet on LineageOS, but hopefully it does before we go official on 18.1).

There is also some echo-reference changes so if someone could please test it with VoIP apps and see if there's still echo or not

D

Deleted member 9129634

Heyyo, another test build is going up! The upload should be done within 30 minutes of this post and link to test builds are in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210202-UNOFFICIAL-payton contains fixes for the offline charging animation and for WiFi hotspot with WPA2 (it isn't merged yet on LineageOS, but hopefully it does before we go official on 18.1).

There is also some echo-reference changes so if someone could please test it with VoIP apps and see if there's still echo or not
Offline charging is working now. Thanks.I am testing the other fixes and write then back.
Edit: Hotspot with WPA2 also works with 2,4 GHz band. But with 5.0gHz band i can't find the hotspot. Need any logs?
I did also a whatsapp call, no echo or mic problems.
But volume of the speaker is low. Can you fix it?
And radio FM doesn't work.
When I want to call somebody, the telephone screen is not coming, but you hear the call tone.

Attachments

• telephonebug.txt
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IronTechmonkey

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @derienardani , yes that was fixed on 18.1 like it was on 17.1. ;)

@Sujanth , WiFi Hotspot WPA2 on 5GHz works fine for me, albeit there's more changes coming to it so I'm unsure yet what will be the final form of it... I'll post a new build when it changes again.

As for speaker volume? It was increased from 32 to 34 and no plans to go higher as some users said at 36 they get distortion.

FM Radio is a known bug that we are still looking into.

For the telephone bug? Please ensure you have a default phone app selected

@artu72 the upgrade instructions for 18.1 are the same as 17.1 except for GApps MindTheGapps is the recommended one to use either addon-v2 or v3 is fine.

D

Deleted member 9129634

Heyyo @derienardani , yes that was fixed on 18.1 like it was on 17.1. ;)

@Sujanth , WiFi Hotspot WPA2 on 5GHz works fine for me, albeit there's more changes coming to it so I'm unsure yet what will be the final form of it... I'll post a new build when it changes again.

As for speaker volume? It was increased from 32 to 34 and no plans to go higher as some users said at 36 they get distortion.

FM Radio is a known bug that we are still looking into.

For the telephone bug? Please ensure you have a default phone app selected

@artu72 the upgrade instructions for 18.1 are the same as 17.1 except for GApps MindTheGapps is the recommended one to use either addon-v2 or v3 is fine.

I haven't installed any other phone apps. So i don't think I need to select it. Same bug also present in corvus a11.

Jun 27, 2019
Moto X4
POCO M3
Hi, first time using Lineage OS here. After sideloading LineageOS, i am just not able to install Gapps. Tried using MindtheGapps 11, tried sideloading, flashing, nothing happened. Either the phone starts to bootloop or it boots to recovery or it boots to Lineage OS without any google apps. Can someone please tell me where i am going wrong?
Edit: I realised i was flashing the wrong GApps, so i tried flashing ARM64 Android 10 nano pack. The screen gets stuck at the LOS boot logo before booting back to TWRP.
SOS

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @warhead1721972 , please ensure you are following the instructions. After flashing LineageOS ROM, you must reboot to recovery and then flash GApps.

A/B devices are different than traditional A-only devices as the ROM is always flashed to the inactive slot (IE, if A is active, the ROM will be flashed to B) so after the ROM flashes successfully it tells the bootloader that next reboot to switch slots. The reboot to recovery then switches to that slot (in our example, it switches to B) so that we can flash GApps on top of the newly flashed ROM.

Installing updates via the LineageOS Updater does use addon.d scripts to keep the installed GApps, but any manual flashing of ROM (either first time or manually upgrading) requires manually rebooting to recovery and flashing GApps as it does not use addon.d scripts.

Jun 27, 2019
Moto X4
POCO M3
Heyyo @warhead1721972 , please ensure you are following the instructions. After flashing LineageOS ROM, you must reboot to recovery and then flash GApps.

A/B devices are different than traditional A-only devices as the ROM is always flashed to the inactive slot (IE, if A is active, the ROM will be flashed to B) so after the ROM flashes successfully it tells the bootloader that next reboot to switch slots. The reboot to recovery then switches to that slot (in our example, it switches to B) so that we can flash GApps on top of the newly flashed ROM.

Installing updates via the LineageOS Updater does use addon.d scripts to keep the installed GApps, but any manual flashing of ROM (either first time or manually upgrading) requires manually rebooting to recovery and flashing GApps as it does not use addon.d scripts.

First i sideload the rom zip in slot A along with TWRP and then i reboot to the recovery to set the current slot to B and then flash GApps. On flashing it, there are no errors, but on booting up the system for the first time, i get redirected to TWRP. Is something wrong with my phone?
Till now i have been using ViperOS for quite some time, until i wanted to try something new. Really wanna give LOS a try.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction

This is the official Lineage OS thread for the Motorola Moto X4, codename payton.

We support all the T-Mobile, International, and Project Fi variants, as their bootloaders are unlockable, while we can't support the Verizon and AT&T variants, as their bootloaders are permanently locked.

How to install via Lineage Recovery

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

How to install via TWRP

3. In TWRP, click "Wipe", "Format Data", then type "yes" as prompted.
    4. ADB sideload the newest weekly
    8. Reboot

How to upgrade from 17.1 via Lineage Recovery

How to upgrade from 17.1 via TWRP

3. In TWRP, click "Wipe", then select "advanced" and select "cache" and wipe.
    4. ADB sideload the newest weekly build or copy it to your device and install the zip
    8. Reboot

Notes

Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine, though is not supported.)
    Official Lineage OS builds ship with full treble compatibility, with VNDK runtime enforcement! This means that unlike most "ported treble" you'll see, ours is just as it would be from the OEM, and can run any GSI (yes, even Pie!) without need for hacks or additional flashable zips. We relabeled /oem as /vendor (as /oem isn't used in custom ROM's anyway). To use a GSI, flash official Lineage, then flash your GSI, it's that simple! Flashing a factory image will likely write over /oem and remove the mock vendor image. Please don't report GSI bugs here, report them instead to the GSI's maker.

Download

Official:

Unofficial test builds:

Google Apps (GApps)

MindTheGapps:

GCam Mods

XDA:DevDB Information

Lineage OS 18.1, ROM for the Moto X4

Contributors

erfanoabdi, ThE_MarD, Lineage Team

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM Firmware Required: Official Pie
    Heyyo, a new test build is up! lineage-18.1-20211022-UNOFFICIAL-payton contains tweaks to the brightness during always on display and also some blob updates from the latest Lake build released.

Mainly need automatic brightness tested in all scenarios (AOD, in light areas, dark areas, while charging in dark areas, etc)

As for LineageOS 19.0? I have it synced on my PC meow, I just need time to start building it for all my devices
    I'm on a May version of the build and have been having this issue since the beginning. I use a headset because of this, or I have to talk loudly.
    @maelopam @ThE_MarD

I finally found the solution to the Mic issue. It was dust inside the tiny Mic hole (along side the finger printer) in the front of the smartphone. Also cleaned the tiny hole in the back side of the phone. Used isopropyl alcohol on both hole and vouila! Problem fixed!

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoX4/comments/83cwss/_/dvhjaf3
    Heyyo @doug.passerini , I asked other Motorola maintainers and they said that the provided fingerprint kernel drivers are very bare, so it isn't something that would be simple to do as we would need to entirely recreate the driver from scratch and tbh it's well beyond my skill level... o_O
    Important extra links

Payton Stock firmware:

Copy partitions link for download can be found on the LineageOS Wiki install instructions for Payton page here: