[ROM] [PEREGRINE] AOSP 5.1.1_r2 [19/05/2015]

Search This thread

Kayant

Jul 14, 2011
So here we are :)

AOSP 5.1.1_r2 built with some "useful" additions for Moto G 4G. This is built with a mix of CAF/AOSP sources.

Useful changes

Code:
-Remove unwanted packages (like wallpapers, old music apk, etc.)
-Added All clear button with option for position. See Display Navigation bar for setting.
-L's bootanimation at 60fps
-Added kerneladiutor
-Supersu installed by default
-Advanced reboot options
-CM terminal
-Change sounds to defaults in lollipop
-Rom built with -O3 and GCC 4.9
-Some other stuff check sources on Github

[U]Kernel Additions[/U]

-Built with UBERTC toolchain 6.0
-Added Power suspend driver by Faux123 and yank555-lu 
-Added intellplug hotplu by Faux123
- Some others things check the source

My sources
Kernel source

Bugs/Not working
- CM12.1 bugs

How to install
- I would be on a Lollipop firmware, and have the latest TWRP installed first
1) Full Wipe data, dalvik, cache, and format system
2) Flash rom zip
3) Flash gapps
4) Reboot and you're done

Download

Special thanks to
SlimSaber for making KernelAdiutor Build compilable and option to launch from settings.
OptiPop for some build and frameworks related patches
Faxu123, yank555-lu and many other for kernel patches
F-AOSP(Alberto97) which allowed me to customise a base from looking at his sources
And everyone else I forgot to mention.

And anyone else that I forgot to mention

Disclaimer: Neither I none google,Xda,etc are responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
Kayant, Alberto97
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-02-28
Last Updated 2015-05-19

Kayant

Jul 14, 2011
My Project/Info

So as this is a great base I will be trying out a project where I cherry-pick the features I want into the rom. I will also share this for people interested and it is also a good way for people to start their own personal rom if they want to as it's a very clean and stable base.

Last edited:

hhrokarvi

Recognized Developer
May 31, 2014
New York
Google Nexus 5
AT&T LG G2
So as this is a great base I will be trying out a project where I cherry-pick the features I want into the rom. I will also share this for people interested and it is also a good way for people to start their own personal rom if they want to as it's a very clean and stable base.

In terms of future updates to the main AOD rom I will be adding some of the changes that anerik as added here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/development/rom-aod-twist-t3038332
Thanks Kayant!!! This is a dream come true!! The features over at @anerik look good to!

Congrats and Good Luck on the project!!!

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Kayant, you are the Lord and savior of all Moto G 4G owners!
Will you create a new ROM for your own changes in a new post or add that here?
Yes I am happy about this project, hope it's gonna live long.

Reactions: Kayant

Sparubens

Apr 17, 2013
No although I will add the ability to customise it like in CM and other custom roms now as that is a feature that I think should be in stock by default. Yes the rest can be done with Xposed which is another point of the rom ;)

Hey Kayant. I just saw GravityBox added QS customization! This is great news. I was waiting until this was added so I could run a PureAOSP based rom without any features that could possibly slow down the system (all ROMS I tried had some lagginess) so this will be my daily driver! Thanks!

EDIT: Kayant, is this based only on AOSP? Because I see that you said "same bugs as CM" in OP?

EDIT2: How is Pink performing on this ROM? I used it on CrDroid but when calling screen would'nt turn on again (proximity sensor). Is this issue also present in this ROM?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mecallie

Mecallie

Sep 16, 2011
Hey Kayant. I just saw GravityBox added QS customization! This is great news. I was waiting until this was added so I could run a PureAOSP based rom without any features that could possibly slow down the system (all ROMS I tried had some lagginess) so this will be my daily driver! Thanks!

EDIT: Kayant, is this based only on AOSP? Because I see that you said "same bugs as CM" in OP?

EDIT2: How is Pink performing on this ROM? I used it on CrDroid but when calling screen would'nt turn on again (proximity sensor). Is this issue also present in this ROM?

I would love tot hear someone answer edit2 as well. I could not get pink kernel working on any ROM on my xt1039.

Edit: tried it, does not work with pink kernel. :(

Last edited:

rodsayd

Dec 15, 2013
Mendoza
Is anyone else having the GPS icon on the status bar? I mean we had that bug where the icon stays no matter you activate or deactivate the ubication. I'm having that now.

Sparubens

Apr 17, 2013
Is anyone else having the GPS icon on the status bar? I mean we had that bug where the icon stays no matter you activate or deactivate the ubication. I'm having that now.
Same issue here. Also having a problem when booting, the first 3 minutes everything is in English and only after 3 minutes the language of the ROM changes to my language... Do you have the same issue? Also when turning WiFi on/off, there appears "<Unknown SID>" for 1 sec.. Also, where do I find options like quick pulldown and DPI change? I can't find the features you stated in OP. But very smooth ROM though!

Can confirm Pink Kernel is working perfectly on this ROM! No proximity issues or reboots/lags. Try it!

Only bugs in ROM so far:
-WiFI on / off shows "<unknown SSID>" for ~ 0.5 sec.
- Chosen language only applied after entering SIM code
- Location icon not disappearing in status bar after enabling it
- In dialer, text in Dutch is not fitting in search bar from Dialer. If you find the time, could you change "Typ een naam of telefoonnummer" in "Typ een naam of nummer"? Then it will fit perfectly. Now only half of the text appears..

Great work though! Dialy driver.

Last edited:

drw22

Jan 13, 2015
This ROM is great. Flashed pink kernel, no problems there, everything runs fast and smooth. Only bug for me is the above mentioned gps icon, it's no big deal though, thanks Kayant!

Mecallie

Sep 16, 2011
Same issue here. Also having a problem when booting, the first 3 minutes everything is in English and only after 3 minutes the language of the ROM changes to my language... Do you have the same issue? Also when turning WiFi on/off, there appears "<Unknown SID>" for 1 sec.. Also, where do I find options like quick pulldown and DPI change? I can't find the features you stated in OP. But very smooth ROM though!

Can confirm Pink Kernel is working perfectly on this ROM! No proximity issues or reboots/lags. Try it!

Only bugs in ROM so far:
-WiFI on / off shows "<unknown SSID>" for ~ 0.5 sec.
- Chosen language only applied after entering SIM code
- Location icon not disappearing in status bar after enabling it
- In dialer, text in Dutch is not fitting in search bar from Dialer. If you find the time, could you change "Typ een naam of telefoonnummer" in "Typ een naam of nummer"? Then it will fit perfectly. Now only half of the text appears..

Great work though! Dialy driver.

I have tried it with pink kernel: full wipe except for data, coming from Blisspop 2.1. For me it does nog work, as soon as I make a call and let the screen go off by proximity the phone does not respond tot input anymore and reboots.

You also have a 1039 model correct?
What version of Pink did you flash?
Did you flash pink after first boot, or immediatly with the ROM?
And last: what Gapps package are you using?

I would love tot het Pink working, darnet! :p)

keenofhiphop

Jul 30, 2012
Hello guys,

kernel compatibility seems to be a major problem here. How about using the stock kernel of any ROM if you need your phone as a daily driver?
I always just make a TWRP backup of only boot.img before flashing a custom kernel because it is easy to restore and anything without the need to create a .zip every time.
Note please, that this is only a recommendation by me.
If you want, I can make such a boot-backup and load it into my cloud, so you can easily downgrade and have no trouble later.

See, it doesn't serve any purpose to write all the bugs in here (again) that are already listed. I propose that we keep this clean by looking through the posts written after the announce of a new version and only posting new bugs if they really are new. It will help Kayant as well.

In addition to that, it would help him (if you fear he might think that bug X is only appearing once), if you would just thank the guy who posted the bug and so thank him for sparing you the time to mention bug X again.
Kind regards.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here we are :)

AOSP 5.1.1_r2 built with some "useful" additions for Moto G 4G. This is built with a mix of CAF/AOSP sources.

Useful changes

Code:
    -Remove unwanted packages (like wallpapers, old music apk, etc.)
    -Added All clear button with option for position. See Display Navigation bar for setting.
    -L's bootanimation at 60fps
    -Added kerneladiutor
    -Supersu installed by default
    -Advanced reboot options
    -CM terminal
    -Change sounds to defaults in lollipop
    -Rom built with -O3 and GCC 4.9
    -Some other stuff check sources on Github

[U]Kernel Additions[/U]

-Built with UBERTC toolchain 6.0
    -Added Power suspend driver by Faux123 and yank555-lu 
    -Added intellplug hotplu by Faux123
    - Some others things check the source

My sources
    Kernel source

Bugs/Not working
    - CM12.1 bugs

How to install
    - I would be on a Lollipop firmware, and have the latest TWRP installed first
    1) Full Wipe data, dalvik, cache, and format system
    2) Flash rom zip
    3) Flash gapps
    4) Reboot and you're done

Download

Special thanks to
    SlimSaber for making KernelAdiutor Build compilable and option to launch from settings.
    OptiPop for some build and frameworks related patches
    Faxu123, yank555-lu and many other for kernel patches
    F-AOSP(Alberto97) which allowed me to customise a base from looking at his sources
    And everyone else I forgot to mention.

And anyone else that I forgot to mention

Disclaimer: Neither I none google,Xda,etc are responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Kayant, Alberto97
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-02-28
    Last Updated 2015-05-19
    5.1.1_r2

After many weeks I have finally finished getting a good base for AOSP. I will still be doing my own rom but that will come in a while.

Enjoy.
    Changelog

My Project/Info

Is there an option to hide QS tiles? The rest I can do with Xposed!

No although I will add the ability to customise it like in CM and other custom roms now as that is a feature that I think should be in stock by default. Yes the rest can be done with Xposed which is another point of the rom ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone