• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Pie - 9.0.0_r49] AOSP [Beta- 04/11/2019]

Search This thread

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
After i used this kernel and the aosip rom for a few days, i can say i've had no issues with it. The rom still sometimes lags and freezes a bit. Might be that it's overloaded or something, its donwload size is about a gigabyte.
I've had the best battery life in a while with having 3.5h of sot of combined use of wifi and lte with 45% of battery remaining.

Agreed, I used his kernel on aicp just so I could try it since I was on his ROM forever and even though aicp was never bad for me battery wise, it really did make it snapier, and use less consumption wise.

sage of six paths

Oct 15, 2014
Zenica
Agreed, I used his kernel on aicp just so I could try it since I was on his ROM forever and even though aicp was never bad for me battery wise, it really did make it snapier, and use less consumption wise.

I just might consider trying the aicp rom since the lagging issued does annoy me. It happens prolly two or three time per day. It's just that the rom is so complete in features that makes me reluctant.

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat
Huawei Nexus 6P
I just might consider trying the aicp rom since the lagging issued does annoy me. It happens prolly two or three time per day. It's just that the rom is so complete in features that makes me reluctant.
Yeah , both Pie and 10 derpfest freezes a lot . But in derpfest 10 , it can be easily fixed by flashing boot.img of PE10 ROM . I'm not sure about pie , you can try other Non SAR pie ROM's boot.img and test it . If aicp is Non SAR , then try it's boot.img

Reactions: sage of six paths

sage of six paths

Oct 15, 2014
Zenica
Yeah , both Pie and 10 derpfest freezes a lot . But in derpfest 10 , it can be easily fixed by flashing boot.img of PE10 ROM . I'm not sure about pie , you can try other Non SAR pie ROM's boot.img and test it . If aicp is Non SAR , then try it's boot.img

I'm not sure what is a sar rom, still i'll most likely flash the aicp tomorrow to take it for a spin for a few days. Will see how it goes. I haven't used aicp in months so it should be decent by now.

Error404html

Apr 15, 2014
I am using this rom since 3 days ago and until now am satisfied. Just netflix won't work because my nexus p6 (no 4 core) is unlocked . Keep it up to date please and I remain use it :good::good::)

sage of six paths

Oct 15, 2014
Zenica
@Lawlrus its not the aicp that lagged. It's the derpfest. I wil definetly have to change it as it lags even as i scroll on instagram.
@DAE1964 If i were to flash the boot.img form another room, i should probably then flash the kernel again?

edit:
It appears that non of that will be necessary, aicp has pretty much everything i need like the aosip, but is much lighter. This looks like a daily driver. Flashed the kernel and will see how it goes.

Last edited:

hk1271

Oct 27, 2017
Surat
Huawei Nexus 6P
@Lawlrus its not the aicp that lagged. It's the derpfest. I wil definetly have to change it as it lags even as i scroll on instagram.
@DAE1964 If i were to flash the boot.img form another room, i should probably then flash the kernel again?

edit:
It appears that non of that will be necessary, aicp has pretty much everything i need like the aosip, but is much lighter. This looks like a daily driver. Flashed the kernel and will see how it goes.
Can you give the link to download the kernel you all talking about ?

winxuser

Jan 15, 2012
Brisbane
Ok guys i think android 9 is the end of the line for me. I habe tried for so long to get a bootable android 10 and i couldnt do it ? I donr know how as mine ended up almost inline with all the other 10 rom just without the "extras" and it still woundnt boot. But i will continue to provide security updates until google stops them for android 9, i currently have January security fixes being built now.

sage of six paths

Oct 15, 2014
Zenica
I'd help you if i could, but i can't. I've settled upon an 8.1 rom that has all of the extras that come with 9 including the all dark theme, but comes without the performance penalty of the 9 that i experienced, with out without your kernel.
On the other hand i'm eying the xiaomi 9t pro but its just a tad bit expensivve for the package that i'm using on my telecom, so i guess i'll wait for a price reduction or some miracle to buy it for cash.

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
I'd help you if i could, but i can't. I've settled upon an 8.1 rom that has all of the extras that come with 9 including the all dark theme, but comes without the performance penalty of the 9 that i experienced, with out without your kernel.
On the other hand i'm eying the xiaomi 9t pro but its just a tad bit expensivve for the package that i'm using on my telecom, so i guess i'll wait for a price reduction or some miracle to buy it for cash.

Which 8.1 rom are you using?

Ok guys i think android 9 is the end of the line for me. I habe tried for so long to get a bootable android 10 and i couldnt do it ? I donr know how as mine ended up almost inline with all the other 10 rom just without the "extras" and it still woundnt boot. But i will continue to provide security updates until google stops them for android 9, i currently have January security fixes being built now.

About the January build?
I got your back winx. :)

About Android 10?
I also got your back winx. ;)

Full credit to your source for booting up the January pie build.

As for Android 10, I had to find another way which suited the stock AOSP.
This was done via these two repos I made:
https://gitlab.com/PixelBoot/android_manifest
https://gitlab.com/PixelBoot/android_local_manifest

Sorry for taking too long to consider both ROMs, but at least they're here!
Thank you for your co-operation over the months.
It's been a pleasure cooking stable AOSP for the 6P.
I wish the best for your future winx.
Any issues? Just let me know.

Regards,
PixelBoot

Downloads:
AOSP-10.0
AOSP-9.0

sufy1000

Oct 22, 2011
About the January build?
I got your back winx. :)

About Android 10?
I also got your back winx. ;)

Full credit to your source for booting up the January pie build.

As for Android 10, I had to find another way which suited the stock AOSP.
This was done via these two repos I made:
https://gitlab.com/PixelBoot/android_manifest
https://gitlab.com/PixelBoot/android_local_manifest

Sorry for taking too long to consider both ROMs, but at least they're here!
Thank you for your co-operation over the months.
It's been a pleasure cooking stable AOSP for the 6P.
I wish the best for your future winx.
Any issues? Just let me know.

Regards,
PixelBoot

Downloads:
AOSP-10.0
AOSP-9.0

Is that android 9 i see, still getting security updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: THE ROM IS AT AN EARLY STAGE, WHILE THINGS WORK THIS BUILD IS NOT INTENDED FOR DAILY USAGE YET.​

Like my work and want to help this device in development, donate here https://paypal.me/JDownting

Features:
    Pure AOSP built from source
    There will be NO added features

Whats Working:
    Data
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    MTP
    I cant test so please tell me

Installation:
    Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest AOSP Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash AOSP Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes

Note:
    If your phone has the bootloop issue, download the BLOD patch, then install the BLOD patch in TWRP after flashing the Rom .

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    winxuser
    Source Code: [url]https://gitlab.com/users/winxuser/projects[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie

Kernel Version: 3.10, currently merging Mainline

Version Information

Created 2018-09-17
    Last Updated 2019-02-28
    ROM Download Link:
    http://www.winxuser.byethost33.com/Nexus-6p.html

Gapps Download Link:
    [url]https://opengapps.org/[/URL]

ChangeLog:
    04/11/19:
    October Security Patch

14/09/19:
    September Security Patch
    Fixed Storage Being Filled By Error Logs

07/05/19:
    Updated May Security Patch
    Updated Kernel Some More
    A little Mainline Kernel Updates
    Added Black Google Bootanimation

02/04/19:
    April Security Patch
    Fixed Deep Sleep Issue
    Half merged kernel 3.11 into our kernel

06/03/19:
    March Security Patch
    Updated Device Repo HALS
    Some Minor Kernel Work

01/03/19:
    February Security Patch

24/01/19:
    January Security Patch

22/12/18:
    December security patch

27/11/18:
    removed IMS so you can receive calls
    Lots more kernel work

11/20/18:
    updated to 9.0.0_r18
    updated a few Hal HIDL (probably broke something)
    updated to November security patch

11/14/18:
    updated to 9.0.0_r12
    rebased device tree with master
    LOTS of kernel work and updating

10/06/18:
    Updated to latest android-9.0.0_r10 security patch
    Updated Angler kernel to latest patch
    Hopefully fixed low sound
    You can now update to newer version
    without having to flash gapps again each time

09/27/18:
    Fixed Video Decoder (now plays recorded videos)

09/21/18:
    Fixed Camera :p
    Fixed Google Services Not Working

09/17/18:
    Initial build
    I'll be following development closely. Need a daily driver.

Give me a week and it should be good as a daily driver. Work and kids I have only a few hours a day to work on it
    Ok guys download link has been updated with a new build that has video playback working. i have upgraded this to an Alpha build as most things are working now.

happy flashing :) make sure you use the gapps linked in second post and no some strange unofficial ones.

as always please report on things that arent working, and I KNOW DARK MODE, WIFI doze and VOLTE ARENT WORKING YET!!!!!!!!! those things really arent much of an issue but i will still look into them as time passes
    Would you guys also like to see build from the master branch. See what google is working on? I might be able to do some builds of that too