[ROM][PIE][9.0][BETA]LineageOS 16.0 for the Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia) [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

DroidFreak32

Jul 24, 2013
Mangalore
Sony Xperia SP
Google Nexus 5
http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit their Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • It Boots!!
  • RIL
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Video Recording
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • LED

What doesn't work?
  • Everything else which isn't listed above, including VoLTE, AudioFX etc.
  • SELinux is permissive for now.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build (and maybe compatible GApps but it might cause FCs )
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot

Downloads :

local_manifests: https://github.com/DroidFreak32/lineage_surnia/tree/lineage-16.0

All credits goes to the developers in the Moto-M8916 Devs&testers group. You know who you are :)
This wouldn't be possible without them.

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0 for Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
DroidFreak32, ElDainosor, Alberto97, chil360 althafvly MatiHalperin
Source Code: https://github.com/Lineageos

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Squid2's TWRP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-18
Last Updated 2020-02-11

Last edited:

t-shock

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia
Damn........
I never expected Pie for our little Moto E
I'll test it right now

Edit: Just installed. Little laggy but excited to have Pie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180818-143037.png
    Screenshot_20180818-143037.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 3,783
  • Screenshot_20180818-143048.png
    Screenshot_20180818-143048.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 3,818
  • Screenshot_20180818-143100.png
    Screenshot_20180818-143100.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 3,782
Last edited:

mattwhite7102

Dec 16, 2014
United Kingdom
LG G5
Meizu Pro 6 Plus
FINALLY ANDROID 9.0!!!! Attached a screenshot IM SO FRICKING HAPPY!!!!

if it reboots back into TWRP and says something about a rescue party, flash squids TWRP, wipe cache, system and data, reflash, and it shouldn't display the rescue party anymore

That's the only bug I found

Time to play with it :D

Sorry about the terrible quality (my tablets Camera is crap)

Attachments

• IMG_20180819_003817.jpg
    IMG_20180819_003817.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 4,235
  • IMG_20180819_005058.jpg
    IMG_20180819_005058.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 4,212

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Less smoth than RR Oreo 8.1 unnoficial? Laggy as crDroid Oreo 8.1?
This is the initial launch for the Surnia. Just like Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo, it will take months for all bugs and instabilities to be ironed out and an official build to be compiled.

The Surnia has come a long way since its launch build of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. It's great to see continued development for this budget device.

DroidFreak32

Jul 24, 2013
Mangalore
Sony Xperia SP
Google Nexus 5
Damn........
I never expected Pie for our little Moto E
I'll test it right now

Edit: Just installed. Little laggy but excited to have Pie

I havent tested out these roms but definately little laggy compared to los14.1
After restarting 2-3 times, the device become smoother so keep that in mind

Oreo is also kinda laggy too, it could be our aging device. But I think we all need to wait for squid2 to do his magic. He had been through a tough time recently so we need to give him time.

FINALLY ANDROID 9.0!!!! Attached a screenshot IM SO FRICKING HAPPY!!!!

if it reboots back into TWRP and says something about a rescue party, flash squids TWRP, wipe cache, system and data, reflash, and it shouldn't display the rescue party anymore

That's the only bug I found

Time to play with it :D

Sorry about the terrible quality (my tablets Camera is crap)

Are you using a VoLTE sim like Jio? Because VoLTE is completely broken right now and I got reports that having a VoLTE sim will make the phone reboot to recovery.

Reactions: TheDunedan

t-shock

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia
Oreo is also kinda laggy too, it could be our aging device. But I think we all need to wait for squid2 to do his magic. He had been through a tough time recently so we need to give him time.

Are you using a VoLTE sim like Jio? Because VoLTE is completely broken right now and I got reports that having a VoLTE sim will make the phone reboot to recovery.

I never expected our device to receive pie
It doesnt matter that it is laggy since surnia is more than 3 years old
Great job!

mattwhite7102

Dec 16, 2014
United Kingdom
LG G5
Meizu Pro 6 Plus

Nope I had no sim installed

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Well, I played around for a bit and their was only a couple of bugs,

1: YouTube video only plays when swiping to the recent apps and when you go back in the app it plays but you get a black screen

2. The swipe up to home screen gesture part of settings, the video doesn't seem to want to play and when you click the play button nothing happens

3: and the rescue party issue I explained

But apart from that It runs extremely well!

jonta0

Sep 28, 2015
I havent tested out these roms but definately little laggy compared to los14.1
After restarting 2-3 times, the device become smoother so keep that in mind

OK. I've tested this Pie, dispite some few bugs it's okay. Jelly browser, for example, only load Google.com website, any other website shows an error:"err:net:Cleartext..." something like that. If you flash OpenGApps 9.0 unofficial from Nezorflame, you got stuck at inittial Pixel Configuration, getting successive errors and a black screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit their Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • It Boots!!
    • RIL
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED

What doesn't work?
    • Everything else which isn't listed above, including VoLTE, AudioFX etc.
    • SELinux is permissive for now.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build (and maybe compatible GApps but it might cause FCs )
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads :

local_manifests: https://github.com/DroidFreak32/lineage_surnia/tree/lineage-16.0

All credits goes to the developers in the Moto-M8916 Devs&testers group. You know who you are :)
    This wouldn't be possible without them.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    DroidFreak32, ElDainosor, Alberto97, chil360 althafvly MatiHalperin
    Source Code: https://github.com/Lineageos

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Squid2's TWRP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-18
    Last Updated 2020-02-11
    Sorry, no sweet treats this time.

Sorry, no sweet treats this time. Google got too fat. So here's a super alpha build of aosp-10 for y'all https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962590062

Afaik, wifi, bt, audio, camera works. Video rec is broken as always and the rest has not been tested.

All the credit goes entirely to the Osprey guys. They are incredible.

THIS IS NOT A DAILY DRIVER BUILD!

should i post here the bug captured by the system?
    Sure.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sP_44hn1Gpin2mPj7M2zW63jWn52G8tq

Camera seems to be fixed thanks to @althafvly
    Sometimes it may crash randomly , if you check the logs during boot time, there will be an error
    Code:
    `CamDev@1-impl: blahblah /dev/ (Is a direcctory) cam_idx 0`
    , then a reboot fixes it most of the time.
    The build has both Camera2 and Snap camera by mistake (I did a dirty build), but use snap camera as video recording seems to be working in that.
    I also tested insta & whatsapp video recording and playback and they seem to work fine too (boomerang doesn't as usual).
    And finally, SELinux shows enforcing but they're all haxx so they may not be as secure as it is supposed to be. I don't have much knowledge in SELinux.
    During initial setupwiard, I recommend you go slowly as it tends to crash. (It still works after the crashes though)
    I used pico gapps of september but ig newer gapps will have a more stable Setup Wizard. No idea. ymmv

Starting next year I wont be getting a lot of time to build due to internship stuff so updates may be slower.

This is the final build of 2018. Happy new year in advance! :p

Edit: HDR is fixed too btw :p
    Minor Update

Hi, It has been a while since the last update so here is another updated.
    I havent changed much other than I build it against latest LOS sources.

Any bugs previously present will likely still be there. Would be great if someone confirms if calls/VoLTE work fine.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397963757