Welcome to the new beginning! This topic will be dedicated to our bring up of PIE for Redmi Note 4(snapdragon). Sincere thanks to LineageOS team for the rom base sources.
These are BETA builds. They aim to serve base for feature addition. If you face any force close, you need to provide log to get it resolved. Make sure to keep eye on this post and latest discussions in this topic to help yourself.
Click for feature list
- ROM [Release Builds]
- ROM [Nightly Builds, may have some bugs]
- Gapps (recommended: arm64 nano/pico)
- Recovery: OrangeFox Recovery
- Firmware (Flash this before ROM in case you are coming from official miui Marshmallow based stock ROM)
What's working :
* Selinux Enforcing
* Hardware Encryption (FDE / FBE) P.S. Only if you use supported recovery
Join the crDroid mido group here
Joit the crDroid general group here
Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!
First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 4, or coming from another ROM:
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, vendor & data (or just cache, system and date for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
5) Flash gapps
6) Boot up
Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.
You need to flash GApps every-time you flash the ROM.
Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files
- @abhishek987 for initial device source
Follow us on crDroid G+ community
Thanks for all your support. If you like my work and continue to support, hit Thanks and donate.
( Paypal me or Scan this Paytm code)
crdroid-p-mido, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: LineageOS
Current Beta Version: 5.0
Beta Release Date: 2018-09-17
Last Updated 2019-01-03