[ROM][PIE] LineageOS 16 (UNOFFICIAL) [31.03.2019][S9/S9+]

Search This thread

Rainbow_Dash

https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device. Exynos variants such as International (F), International Dual(Hybrid)-SIM (F/DS), Korean (N) ONLY. In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/U1/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This it not a GSI. It is built on actual device trees

What's not working?
- The signalbar always shows 0 bars,altho this has no impact or call quality or data.
- HWC is currently disabled
Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS .

What's working?
Anything not specifically listed as not working

Instructions:
Make sure:TWRP has been installed and functional;
you are on the CSB8 based vendor and fw
Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
Flash the latest build (and gapps)
(optional) flash magisk for root
Reboot and enjoy :highfive:

Downloads:
Galaxy S9 starlte (G960F/FD/N) : HERE

Galaxy S9+ star2lte (G965F/FD/N): HERE

CSB8 vendor: HERE

Providing feedback:
You are more than welcome to provide any kind of feedback here.
(limited only to feature requests)

Changelog:

merged source with ELS and synced LOS
not much
Increased vibration strenght
Added walrus's smooth hax (which might be snake oil)
Added vendor version check at boot
Synced kernel sauce with CSA2
Initial release Boi

Troubleshooting/FAQ:

Q: I'm on a dualsim variant and (a) sim isn't detected.
A: Try reinserting your sim and rebooting. This wierdly nuff only happens on some* dualsim variants and no one has sent me a logcat yet.

Q: My mobile data (3G/4G) is not working/only 3g shows
A: Go into mobile network settings and select/create an apn, also select 4G as the preferred network type.

Q: How does this compare to GSIS?
A: Much better all around. Faster,smoother etc. I don't think there's any reasons to use pie gsis anymore.

Q: How good is the camera?
A: Actually,(by my standards), pretty good. Almost comparable to stock. Ofc the aosp cam doesn't have the fancy filtering, features and stuff but by far not bad. Alot better than 8.1 roms anyway.

Q: Safetynet doesn't pass?
A: Yeah, i guess that's a thing. Go into magisk and download some module called props hide or something. Don't forget to run it from terminal. It should work from there

Q: The rom isn't booting/camera doesn't work
A: Flash/make sure you have the CSB8 vendor and fw, and try again. This has been tested. It's prolly something on ur end.

Q: I have another bug; How can i tell it to you while slightly increasing my changes of it ever getting fixed.
A: You can tell me what's going on either here or on telegram WITH A LOGCAT attached(required);if rom isn't booting at all attach /proc/last_kmsg.

Q: I don't know what/how to logcat. Is it really necessary?
A: Logcat or gtfo

Q: How can i support you?
A: Awwww thanks;On most of my posts on the left side there's a "donate to me" paypal button;. Send the seal some fish. Seriously. The seal realllyyyyy loves fish. You can do that,donations are more than welcome, or if you don't have any $ to spare you can also post here about how awesome i am (this surprisingly helps very much)

Credits:
BIG thankies to @Ivan_Meler. He was at the center of all of this, and he single handedly did the pie bringup
Jesec for the initial trees
The LineageOS team for creating the rom we so do enjoy
Many good people from the telegram group (linked above) that helped me create this project and spamming for etas
@malinathani for being a coolboi and misc help (up until he got an oneplus6t, now he lameboi)

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
Rainbow_Dash, Ivan_Meler,jesec
Source Code: [url]http://github.com/rainbowdashh[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CSB8 vendor and fw
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2019-02-12

Created 2019-02-12
Last Updated 2019-03-31

Last edited:

MTAVALI

Sep 9, 2016
Goin from your Pixel 9.0 ROM. Need to flash another vendor or smth like that? Havent found what CSA2 based vendor means. S9 exynos variant. Thank U. Donation is on way ??

Alt34

Dec 28, 2014
What performance are you having guys ? Is it perceptibly faster/smoother/OnePlus 6t mcLaren/super Megagiga fast/ultra instinct mode than let's say v15 Soldier ROM ?

genan42

May 22, 2009
Tinkered a bit with it, its stable enough for daily use for me. Only real issue I'm having is no audio in Spotify but audio plays in everything else. Will be checking out battery life and post results later on.

• Bluetooth - Good
  • WiFi - Good
  • Fingerprint Reader - Good
  • Face Recognition - Good
  • Signal Icon - Always looks empty
  • Spotify - No Speaker Audio (Plays Over Bluetooth Fine)

Oh as far as speed is concerned, I haven't had any issues what so ever.

trozmagon

Jul 14, 2014
Swapped from official 15.1 and got boot loop at Samsung logo, tried CSA2 and CSB3. Will try again tomorrow to see if I can figure out what went wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

Note: This is not a ROM based on the ROM shipped with your device. Exynos variants such as International (F), International Dual(Hybrid)-SIM (F/DS), Korean (N) ONLY. In NO way it is compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/U1/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This it not a GSI. It is built on actual device trees

What's not working?
    - The signalbar always shows 0 bars,altho this has no impact or call quality or data.
    - HWC is currently disabled
    Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS .

What's working?
    Anything not specifically listed as not working

Instructions:
    Make sure:TWRP has been installed and functional;
    you are on the CSB8 based vendor and fw
    Download the latest build (and optionally gapps).
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    Flash the latest build (and gapps)
    (optional) flash magisk for root
    Reboot and enjoy :highfive:

Downloads:
    Galaxy S9 starlte (G960F/FD/N) : HERE

Galaxy S9+ star2lte (G965F/FD/N): HERE

CSB8 vendor: HERE

Providing feedback:
    You are more than welcome to provide any kind of feedback here.
    (limited only to feature requests)

Changelog:

merged source with ELS and synced LOS
    not much
    Increased vibration strenght
    Added walrus's smooth hax (which might be snake oil)
    Added vendor version check at boot
    Synced kernel sauce with CSA2
    Initial release Boi

Troubleshooting/FAQ:

Q: I'm on a dualsim variant and (a) sim isn't detected.
    A: Try reinserting your sim and rebooting. This wierdly nuff only happens on some* dualsim variants and no one has sent me a logcat yet.

Q: My mobile data (3G/4G) is not working/only 3g shows
    A: Go into mobile network settings and select/create an apn, also select 4G as the preferred network type.

Q: How does this compare to GSIS?
    A: Much better all around. Faster,smoother etc. I don't think there's any reasons to use pie gsis anymore.

Q: How good is the camera?
    A: Actually,(by my standards), pretty good. Almost comparable to stock. Ofc the aosp cam doesn't have the fancy filtering, features and stuff but by far not bad. Alot better than 8.1 roms anyway.

Q: Safetynet doesn't pass?
    A: Yeah, i guess that's a thing. Go into magisk and download some module called props hide or something. Don't forget to run it from terminal. It should work from there

Q: The rom isn't booting/camera doesn't work
    A: Flash/make sure you have the CSB8 vendor and fw, and try again. This has been tested. It's prolly something on ur end.

Q: I have another bug; How can i tell it to you while slightly increasing my changes of it ever getting fixed.
    A: You can tell me what's going on either here or on telegram WITH A LOGCAT attached(required);if rom isn't booting at all attach /proc/last_kmsg.

Q: I don't know what/how to logcat. Is it really necessary?
    A: Logcat or gtfo

Q: How can i support you?
    A: Awwww thanks;On most of my posts on the left side there's a "donate to me" paypal button;. Send the seal some fish. Seriously. The seal realllyyyyy loves fish. You can do that,donations are more than welcome, or if you don't have any $ to spare you can also post here about how awesome i am (this surprisingly helps very much)

Credits:
    BIG thankies to @Ivan_Meler. He was at the center of all of this, and he single handedly did the pie bringup
    Jesec for the initial trees
    The LineageOS team for creating the rom we so do enjoy
    Many good people from the telegram group (linked above) that helped me create this project and spamming for etas
    @malinathani for being a coolboi and misc help (up until he got an oneplus6t, now he lameboi)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    Rainbow_Dash, Ivan_Meler,jesec
    Source Code: [url]http://github.com/rainbowdashh[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: CSB8 vendor and fw
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-02-12

Created 2019-02-12
    Last Updated 2019-03-31
    Hello there, ex-fellow hwc-less plebs
    tell me, how is client composition treating you?
    3hr sot? vary sad, can't relate.

jk, on a serious note, HWC HAS BEEN FIXED. This itself brings many improvements with it but needs some testing.
    also signalbar is now working sooo.... expect an update soon
    Wow Ivan is the one true king of Galaxy.
    It took him less than a year while other devs gave up.

less than a hour tbh i was just a bit lazy and didnt touch s9 for quite some time
    he will never release the fixed version unfortunately.. whenever someone asks he bans the person..

Moderator Edit: Comments regarding other member's "backgounds" contravenes the Forum Rules...

Also the next update is far from complete. Much was broken in the process and it's being fixed. I never said, nor is it true that i won't release the update whenever it is finished
    Who's Alex? OP? Where did he say this? I can only see him saying the HWC enabled build needs to be tested.
    That's me. And i said it on the tg group. And yes, that is true and what's holding back a release. We have somewhat an idea why it's not working

That and my sudden addiction to minecraft.