[ROM][Pie][N9600] WETA 12.0 [CSH7][Sep.7]

Search This thread

javand

Nov 14, 2018
FWIW, I switched to a new sim, on an actual verizon prepaid acct, and that fixed all my issues. Have no issue with dropping calls or LTE, VoLTE works fine. Just activated a new sim with my old phone. I do think the issue was related to some default behavior with my older MVNO sim, that definitely wasn't compatible with VoLTE when I set it up originally, trying to use VoLTE, and getting kicked off the signal for some reason when it wasnt provisioned. With the old phone, when I attempted to make a call, it would visually switch from LTE to 2/3g, and then switch back afterwards.

May have worked with a new sim from Total though, I've heard many newer devices that are activated that support VoLTE, have it, even though it's not officially supported, and the CS reps at Total can't provision it, it just happens automatically with many new activations.

Thanks again guys!

orrorin

Aug 28, 2009
I've noticed a few things:

1: a dirty flash from stock didn't work very well, haha
2: after a clean flash, the WETAmod app was extremely slow for some reason. Using the CSC options didn't seem to work.
3: since the CSC mods in WETAmod didn't work, I used the Detonator and that worked (yay wifi calling!)
4: I didn't isolate this, so grain of salt, but I still needed to use the Magisk Module for secure storage to get bluetooth to persist

Anyway, thanks for this ROM. Now I've got it running really well and it's fast and smooth.

PS. OH, I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but someone reported that DEX was removed. Please try to get it back in there, it rocks!

EDIT: one more thing: WhatsApp doesn't seem to be updating correctly. Perhaps too aggressive deep sleep? WhatsApp is in the list of unmonitored apps.

EDIT2 : The whatsapp thing was Detonator Extreme. Moving to regular Detonator (stock) and trying...

Last edited:

JKSurf

Jul 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Does the dual SIM sd card combo work on this Rom? I'm coming from an Axon 7 and have my sim card glued to my sd. Looks like stock rom gives an error message.

I'll need two Sims for work/personal.

sleepyjoker

Nov 22, 2018
Thank you everyone for your help earlier.

I got Verizon fully working with voice, data, and messaging once my work Verizon authorized person came back from vacation and activated HD calling for my number.
@Mentalmuso You've saved another person from having to carry two phones. AT&T and Verizon work great now. Thank you for all your work with this phone and ROM. Beer fund donation has been sent.

SamAccountX

Dec 1, 2018
First time poster. To start with, thanks a bunch for your work on this ROM! I'm running the AT&T ODM and 3.2 ROM/Kernel. Everything seems to be working fine except for 2 issues...

1. Bluetooth does not seem to be remembering paired devices very well. It seems to keep them remembered as long as I don't reboot the phone, but I have to manually re-pair all my devices after every reboot (car, headset, smartwatch). Any ideas what might be causing this? Not a TOTAL deal-breaker, but it is annoying.
2. WiFi calling does not enable. WIFI signal is strong and connection speed is fast. Every time I've tried turning it on, I get 'NSDSWebApp has stopped' the first time after a fresh boot. Any time I try again after this 'crash', I get stuck at a 'loading' dialog that seems to just hang, and the phone becomes largely unresponsive, which continues to be the case until I reboot the phone, which begins again at the 'NSDSWebApp' issue.

Any thoughts/insights?

amoon234125

Apr 2, 2009
hello , can u please put link for Detonator stock because i face the same problem with WhatsApp and Facebook messenger when i flash setonator v4 for note 9

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

I chose to use Detonator Stock because I was having problems with the aggressive Samsung Management app or whatever keeping chat apps from working.

hello , can u please put link for Detonator stock because i face the same problem with WhatsApp and Facebook messenger when i flash setonator v4 for note 9

nevermind ,i found it , also i found this solution for chat apps notifications,
( SOLUTION

After flashing Detonator Extreme… In order to keep Apps “Alive”, (and receive notifications from them) you need to enable*them in Autorun. (Smart Manager -> Autorun) Otherwise apps will get killed by the system. (Advanced Energy Saving Feature)
hopefully it ll solve that issue

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
First time poster. To start with, thanks a bunch for your work on this ROM! I'm running the AT&T ODM and 3.2 ROM/Kernel. Everything seems to be working fine except for 2 issues...

1. Bluetooth does not seem to be remembering paired devices very well. It seems to keep them remembered as long as I don't reboot the phone, but I have to manually re-pair all my devices after every reboot (car, headset, smartwatch). Any ideas what might be causing this? Not a TOTAL deal-breaker, but it is annoying.
2. WiFi calling does not enable. WIFI signal is strong and connection speed is fast. Every time I've tried turning it on, I get 'NSDSWebApp has stopped' the first time after a fresh boot. Any time I try again after this 'crash', I get stuck at a 'loading' dialog that seems to just hang, and the phone becomes largely unresponsive, which continues to be the case until I reboot the phone, which begins again at the 'NSDSWebApp' issue.

Any thoughts/insights?
Try detonator for your att issues. I may have missed something as I don't think I've had an ATT user yet.

Bluetooth is a recurring issue with Samsung devices in general at the moment. I'm hoping Samsung get a grasp on it.

[emoji450]--->

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
I have Exynos Note 9 and carrier aggregation does not work on it with US T-mobile and this LTE speeds suck unless you are in a perfect coverage area. Do any of you use your Qualcomm Note9 dual sim model with US T-mobile? Can you guys confirm if CA (carrier aggregation) works on your model?

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
I have Exynos Note 9 and carrier aggregation does not work on it with US T-mobile and this LTE speeds suck unless you are in a perfect coverage area. Do any of you use your Qualcomm Note9 dual sim model with US T-mobile? Can you guys confirm if CA (carrier aggregation) works on your model?
I'm TMobile yes. Can aggregation be tested via an app you know of?

[emoji450]--->

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0heEu4S.jpg

You flash this rom at your own risk,
    i take no responsibility for any mishaps.​

To flash this rom, you will need to follow the instructions that are posted in post #2.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below. If you have a request, do it there with the tag #wetarequest.
    WETA NOTE9 TELEGRAM CHANNEL

WETA Update notification only channel - Update notifications

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is made for Music geeks like me, its main focus is stability and Audio. It is Based off latest firmware currently, and will always be using the most up to date firmware base.

This ROM is built from stock system images, decompiled and modded by me.

Audio mods...

ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
    - for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    ViPER4Android 2.6.* , and updated V4A interface that can run on any V4A driver. Thanks goes out to - @Team_DeWitt - XDA Labs Link

Rom also includes...

Hybrid Deodexed rom (only deodexed where needed for stability and smoothness
    3Minit Battery Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    3Minit Clock Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread
    GRX Settings is used as a ROM control - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    GRX Circle battery mod - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    GRX Volume skip track mod - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)

Changelog...

BETA 0.1
    Initial build
    3Minit Battery and Clock
    V4A 2.3.4.0 + 2.5.0.5
    Bixby Button reassign
    Knox disabled
    Debloated slightly
    WETA reboot app

Converted to TWRP flashable zip
    Added WETAmod app for mod control

Disabled high volume warning
    Disabled high brightness warning
    Added battery bar for status bar and navigation bar (on first boot itll be present on navbar, just disable in WETAmod if not wanted)
    Added basic dark and black NavBar color options
    Added basic NavBar height options

Added 3Minit Battery Home Button
    Added 3Minit Clock Home Button
    Added Net speed indicators

Adjustments to WETA audio
    Converted most visual mods to "on the fly"
    Added quick settings icons settings
    Added proper color picker for navbar color
    Added yellow or white spen color option (screen off memo)
    Added uhq Bluetooth audio option (found this setting in firmware, no idea if it does anything)

Added better navigation bar height control (on the fly)
    Updated the RMM bypass method for Note 9. Related to OEM unlock issues
    Built and included custom kernel.
    - built from @klabit87 TWRP kernel source
    - Wireguard support added

Based off N960USQS1ARH6 PDA, September security patches
    This is a base firmware update, i have decided to be bold and try basing off the usa 960U firmware as it has better security and overall updates.
    *** You will need to wipe data for this update! or it will be crash city.
    *** Ive been testing for 36 hours now and its as stable as N9600 firmware for me.

Added Carrier CSC/OMC/ODM to WETAmod app
    How to use - You need to start by selecting an ODM file system to flash, this will give you the base to work from.
    There are 4 USA options, TMobile, Verizon, Sprint and ATT. If you select one of these and apply, WETAmod will automatically
    start a download of the filesystem zip, that once download is completed will bump you into twrp and flash for you. After rebooting,
    you will have your stock ODM selection in place.
    There is also a check box to add basic mods, such as call recording etc. This should be selected after you have booted once with your
    chosen ODM selection.

New RJ6 base
    Oct security patches

WETA Kernel 2.1 - updated to RJ6 source, wireguard and ioschedulers added
    Fixed V4A installer for the 2.6.x version
    Added Bixby disabler switch - disables all bixby services
    Added secure storage fix for bluetooth issues
    Rom now detects which ODM you are using and installs carrier apps if needed. This means you shouldn't have to flash ODM after a ROM flash.

This update really was the culmination of attempts to fix the lockscreen pin and pattern issues. Basically the pattern or pin would fail and a reboot would be needed for it to succeed again.

Updated to RL1 base, dec security patches
    Updated Magisk to 18.0

Fixed v4a bugs
    Adjusted status bar corner padding
    Added Samsung debloating/disabling
    Added Samsung Audio/Soundalive/dolby disable

Updated to RL3 base
    - Im not sure what this update is, but RL3 is still dec sec patch, im thinking there may be a hot fix in there or something or it may just be preparing devices for PIE ota's.

Fixed V4A install
    Updated odm xaa to RL3
    Updated Kernel to RL1 source
    Added GRX Circle battery mod to status and nav bars
    - increased stroke size to create pie effect
    Volume Skip track mod

Fixed up some odm things
    Updated smali in skip track mod

Update to CSC1 Base
    Fixed Magisk install

Updated to CSD1 Base

Update to CSE1 Base
    Updated Magisk to 19.1

WETA is now a Magisk Rom, details on installation in post #2
    Based on SH7 firmware, you must be in this firmware for this Magisk Module ROM to work.

Do not flash Gapps with this ROM!
    Because this is based off of stock Samsung, gapps are included.

BACKUP EFS!!! this rom will not do this for you. I myself have bricked an s8+ that didn't have a backup...
    Backup DATA!!! just in case.

Wipe Data if you are coming from another rom or version base if you have crashes or other issues before reporting.
    Format SDCard if coming from stock encrypted

ROM Downloads

MEGA WETA Pie (Magisk Rom)

NEXTCLOUD WETA Pie (Magisk Rom)

--------------------->

Kernel Source
    https://gitlab.com/mentalmuso/weta-kernel-sm-n9600

--------------------->

Beer fund

XDA:DevDB Information
    WETA SM-N9600, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-09-26
    Last Updated 2018-10-24
    ROM Flashing instructions

WETA is now a Magisk Rom. This means you are responsible for updating your firmware to match the Magisk ROMs firmware base.
    This Magisk ROM wil ALWAYS be based off TGY firmware. So if you stick with TGY you will be golden.
    CSC/ODM is an ongoing work in progress, see telegram thread for more response and info.

Basic install method

1. Install TWRP - TWRP thread
    2. In TWRP Flash the kernel that matches your firmware. Formatting data is needed on stock firmware. Also flash an encryption disabler, it is required. - encryption disabler thread
    3. Boot into rooted system, first boot will hang on cache building, there is no way around this, hard reboot is needed after about 3min of waiting. Some people report it will boot fully after 10min of waiting. Setup magisk, you will need to download magisk manager and let it install the magisk environment. Once done and rebooted, move to next step.
    4. Flash WETA Rom module, again, the module firmware base needs to match the firmware on your device.. I recommend you do this in Magisk Manager.

MEGA WETA Pie (Magisk Rom)
    NEXTCLOUD WETA Pie (Magisk Rom)

How do I update my firmware base?

Downloading and flashing the firmware with Odin is the recommended way, you can get fast downloads using Frija, a Windows app that is on XDA. This will take you back to un-rooted stock. I may make a flashable zip for system/vendor/kernel for each update, but don't bank on it. You will need to update the bootloader with Odin regardless.

WETA will always be based off TGY Firmware.

------------------------------------------------------------->

Old deprecated method...

Install TWRP by @klabit87

TWRP + Rom installation from STOCK setup:
    1. Switch on OEM unlock in dev settings, bootloader unlock process requires wiping of data.
    2. Using Odin, flash TWRP.tar file through the AP tab, making sure to reboot into recovery straight away, dont boot ito system!
    3. Format Data. wipe/format_data/yes
    4. Reboot recovery/twrp
    5. Using an OTG or Micro sd, copy Encryption_Disabler + WETA_Kernel or WETA_Rom to your OTG or Micro sd device.
    6. Using your storage device, flash Encryption_disabler, then flash WETA_Kernel or WETA_Rom (if you want simply rooted stock, just flash WETA_Kernel.)
    7. Boot up, be patient, boot times may vary.

TWRP.tar - See TWRP thread for download

WETA_Kernel - This kernel is pre patched with Magisk. Simply find and install magisk manager to utilize root. For CSE1 Pie roms only. ( may work on other Pie roms but not guaranteed )

WETA_Rom - Includes WETA_Kernel with Magisk.

--->
    WETA 6.1.1

Fixed V4A processing from storage audio
    Added V4A system-wide option

Download Page

--->
    WETA 4.3.2

Fixed up some odm things
    Updated smali in skip track mod

Download Page

[emoji450]
    WETA 4.3