• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][PIE][OFFICIAL] [9.0] [LOS-based] crDroid v5.4

Search This thread

BehindTheMath

Feb 5, 2013
crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: I used MindTheGapps, which I found linked in the LOS thread.

First time installing crDroid to your Pixel XL, or coming from another ROM:
** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM then TWRP and reboot back to TWRP.
8) Flash GApps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same.
***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Device tree: github.com/pisseltrees/android_device_google_marlin

Disclaimer: I am not the maintainer of this ROM. The maintainer is not active on XDA, so he gave me permission to make a thread and link to his thread here.

Last edited:

kirt231

Jan 28, 2011
data transfer tool keeps crashing

i can not get past set up. followed install instructions exactly. tried other gapp packages too.

DroidAddict101

Feb 28, 2011
Just wanted to say thanks for this incredible ROM! I've been having some stability issues on others lately and this has been rock solid for me the last few days. THANK YOU

SalsifiPourri

Jul 23, 2017
Haïroule
So no issues with this ROM? Seems stable and everything? Been waiting for more comments and feedback. Might give this a shot ;)
I've been using it for 2 months and it rocks. The only BIG problem i have is that i have no more wifi, but idk if it's from this rom, i've tried many others and even turned back on stock rom and still no wifi so maybe a hardware bug.. but except for this, this rom is very good.

Reactions: johnblundon

rrion

Dec 21, 2016
1. The LTE is not fast as on stock.
Some networking issue a very subtle(sample, when I defined in Calls VOIP account that used for years and on the evice 5 minuts ago, have got issue with connectivity as result was inability to register on providers network and no use of phone; the sme on stock , again, after 15 minuts, a volia! all works).
2. When device is connected by USB cable with Winows computer with fully installed android /google / adb / fastboot etc tools, the connection interrupted by 5-7 seconds, paused, automatically started connected again fr 10-20 seconds and so on.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: I used MindTheGapps, which I found linked in the LOS thread.

First time installing crDroid to your Pixel XL, or coming from another ROM:
    ** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM then TWRP and reboot back to TWRP.
    8) Flash GApps
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same.
    ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Device tree: github.com/pisseltrees/android_device_google_marlin

Disclaimer: I am not the maintainer of this ROM. The maintainer is not active on XDA, so he gave me permission to make a thread and link to his thread here.
    So no issues with this ROM? Seems stable and everything? Been waiting for more comments and feedback. Might give this a shot ;)
    I've been using it for 2 months and it rocks. The only BIG problem i have is that i have no more wifi, but idk if it's from this rom, i've tried many others and even turned back on stock rom and still no wifi so maybe a hardware bug.. but except for this, this rom is very good.

This ROM is rock solid. Still having no issues. Best experience since I started using this phone. No issues with WiFi