• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Pie][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix v7.0.2 [beckham]

Search This thread

mkiker2089

Jul 19, 2012
Utopia
https://del.dog/maxukojabu

time: 1572650717555
msg: Native crash: Aborted
stacktrace: *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
LineageOS Version: 'unknown'
Build fingerprint: 'motorola/beckham/beckham:8.1.0/OPWS28.70-31-8/8e1d1:user/release-keys'
Revision: 'pvt'
ABI: 'arm64'
pid: 6717, tid: 6751, name: HwBinder:6717_1 >>> com.android.bluetooth <<<
signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------
Abort message: '[1101/192516.960254:FATAL:hci_layer_android.cc(78)] Check failed: status == Status::SUCCESS.
'
x0 0000000000000000 x1 0000000000001a5f x2 0000000000000006 x3 0000000000000008
x4 fefefefefefefeff x5 fefefefefefefeff x6 fefefefefefefeff x7 7f7f7f7f7f7f7f7f
x8 0000000000000083 x9 f4a6f0095a2db002 x10 fffffff87ffffbdf x11 fffffffc7ffffbdf
x12 0000000000000018 x13 ffffffffffffffff x14 ffffffffff000000 x15 ffffffffffffffff
x16 00000074770322a8 x17 0000007476f70498 x18 00000073d8ab4290 x19 0000000000001a3d
x20 0000000000001a5f x21 0000000000000083 x22 0000000000000000 x23 00000073d8ab5588
x24 00000073c5e2e000 x25 00000073d8ab48a1 x26 0000000000000000 x27 00000073d8ab52a0
x28 00000073d8cb1588 x29 00000073d8ab4860
sp 00000073d8ab4820 lr 0000007476f64dbc pc 0000007476f64ddc

backtrace:
#00 pc 0000000000021ddc /system/lib64/libc.so (abort+112)
#01 pc 0000000000095534 /system/lib64/libchrome.so (base::debug::BreakDebugger()+20)
#02 pc 00000000000ac12c /system/lib64/libchrome.so (logging::LogMessage::~LogMessage()+1144)
#03 pc 00000000001c6840 /system/lib64/libbluetooth.so (BluetoothHciCallbacks::initializationComplete(android::hardware::bluetooth::V1_0::Status)+72)
#04 pc 000000000001cad4 /system/lib64/[email protected] (android::hardware::bluetooth::V1_0::BnHwBluetoothHciCallbacks::_hidl_initializationComplete(android::hidl::base::V1_0::BnHwBase*, android::hardware::parcel const&, android::hardware::parcel*, std::__1::function<void (android::hardware::parcel&)>)+188)
#05 pc 000000000001d7c8 /system/lib64/[email protected] (android::hardware::bluetooth::V1_0::BnHwBluetoothHciCallbacks::eek:nTransact(unsigned int, android::hardware::parcel const&, android::hardware::parcel*, unsigned int, std::__1::function<void (android::hardware::parcel&)>)+476)
#06 pc 000000000001d598 /system/lib64/libhwbinder.so (android::hardware::IPCThreadState::executeCommand(int)+648)
#07 pc 0000000000014454 /system/lib64/libhwbinder.so (android::hardware::IPCThreadState::getAndExecuteCommand()+196)
#08 pc 00000000000146d4 /system/lib64/libhwbinder.so (android::hardware::IPCThreadState::joinThreadPool(bool)+272)
#09 pc 000000000001c34c /system/lib64/libhwbinder.so (android::hardware::poolThread::threadLoop()+24)
#10 pc 000000000000f9f0 /system/lib64/libutils.so (android::Thread::_threadLoop(void*)+264)
#11 pc 00000000000b52bc /system/lib64/libandroid_runtime.so (android::AndroidRuntime::javaThreadShell(void*)+140)
#12 pc 0000000000085ae0 /system/lib64/libc.so (__pthread_start(void*)+36)
#13 pc 00000000000236b4 /system/lib64/libc.so (__start_thread+68)

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Another one. I tried flashing and updating again to RR. I'm not sure why it says I'm using a Huawei on Lineage OS but this has me baffled.

https://del/dog/ozarajibup

mkiker2089

Jul 19, 2012
Utopia
Does anyone know if the AOSIP build is more stable? I'm also seeing an issue where it doesn't always turn the screen on after sleep. I've tried to do as clean a wipe as possible but I just can't get this rom to work. I'm about to wipe internal storage in TWRP and try again with a different rom.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

well that one failed as well. I'm guessing since the 4 here are all based on the same work they have an incompatability with my phone or that my storage is corrupted.

Apr 5, 2015
Bluetooth can be fixed by downloading the stock ROM and flashing the Bluetooth module via fastboot; do it after you install your custom ROM. Error code 7 can be fixed by using TWRP version 3310.

TheDarkKnightSM

Jan 1, 2018
Juarez
Hello developer friend, first of all I want to thank you for your brilliant effort to bring this ROM, the truth is that it is always an honor to write to talented people like you, i have one question for you,my phone when I enter TWRP asks me for a pattern but not mine, it seems to me that data is encrypted or something, I formatted it before installing the ROM but I did not flash the file a / b.zip something so I saw that it made a mention I don't know if that is the cause, and what can I do? Another thing if someone could illustrate me about what is the "Blackflash" I have experience with HTC, LG, SAMSUNG AND Especially with the ZTE AXON 7 with Motorola only with the Droid Turbo XT1254 but never heard of the Blackflash what is that? how does it work? And I think I finally saw that I had the Z3 Play Android 10 in development, what is it like? How is that development going? there for the z3 play in advance thank you very much greetings: D
I hace the ROM Resurrection Remix 7 October 2019

Last edited:

mkiker2089

Jul 19, 2012
Utopia
A little late responding but I was able to fix the bluetooth error. I have no idea how I lost the BT drivers and cell and wifi both worked great. I was using the unoffical Lineage but I'm going to put RR on it now and stick with it if it works.

Noob question perhaps. If I want to add a font to the system what folder does it go in. I know I can use fonster but I wanted to try it through settings.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Hello developer friend, first of all I want to thank you for your brilliant effort to bring this ROM, the truth is that it is always an honor to write to talented people like you, i have one question for you,my phone when I enter TWRP asks me for a pattern but not mine, it seems to me that data is encrypted or something, I formatted it before installing the ROM but I did not flash the file a / b.zip something so I saw that it made a mention I don't know if that is the cause, and what can I do? Another thing if someone could illustrate me about what is the "Blackflash" I have experience with HTC, LG, SAMSUNG AND Especially with the ZTE AXON 7 with Motorola only with the Droid Turbo XT1254 but never heard of the Blackflash what is that? how does it work? And I think I finally saw that I had the Z3 Play Android 10 in development, what is it like? How is that development going? there for the z3 play in advance thank you very much greetings: D
I hace the ROM Resurrection Remix 7 October 2019

Stored fingerprints mess up twrp. If you can still boot to Android delete fingerprints and set screen lock to "none."

mkiker2089

Jul 19, 2012
Utopia
I tested RR and it still isn't ready for prime time. I haven't gone through trouble shooting but Lineage worked.

1- no phone, text etc
2- bluetooth sends data but no audio
3- screen doesn't always wake but phone clicks

nckfrs

Aug 20, 2009
hey guys the info is all over on this device i get the understanding of booting twrp temporaly but my issue is i enabled oem unlock and debugging when i post my unlock string to motorola it say cant unlock bootloader. when i try fastboot boot img.img i get failure can anyone give me some guidance its a verizon variant still on oreo

c:\adb>fastboot boot img2.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.708s]
booting...
(bootloader) permission denied!
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.714s

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
Glad to see RR available for this device, thanks OP. No major bugs are listed -- is this the correct status for this ROM?

Anyone able to use SD card as internal storage after flashing?

hey guys the info is all over on this device i get the understanding of booting twrp temporaly but my issue is i enabled oem unlock and debugging when i post my unlock string to motorola it say cant unlock bootloader. when i try fastboot boot img.img i get failure can anyone give me some guidance its a verizon variant still on oreo

OKAY [ 0.708s]
booting...
FAILED (remote failure)
Strange to get a 'can't unlock bootloader' message from the Moto site. If all input characters are correct, time to contact them for the answer.

SuccubusInc

Dec 2, 2015
Temecula
LG Wing

OKAY [ 0.708s]
booting...
FAILED (remote failure)

Among other things, Verizon armors all their devices down so they can't be bootloader-unlocked. Probably to force their bloatware onto their customers

andrescm90

May 14, 2013
Model Version

Anyone can point me how to root unlocked variant of this device and or bootunlock and how to rom..Don't have to have root but want this rom...

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Got the USA version...if it's possible to even rom

Can you please tell me the exact model version of yours? I also have the US version and I'm about to test it. Mine is XT1929-4

andrescm90

May 14, 2013
Do have an install of twrp yet? Or still temporarily boot into twrp recovery to install rom?

Thanks for the new rom Dev!

For some reason you cannot install TWRP on this model, therefore just boot into the recovery and install it, works the same way with Magisk to root the device.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Is it possible to flash this rom without having Twrp flashed?
Last I checked, Twrp could not be flashed to the device.
If that's still the case, then how do we install this ROM?

my bootloader is unlocked and I have a rooted device.

Yes it is, for some reason you can no longer install TWRP, only boot and instal from there. Once you have your adb files and folder installed, go to the folder and holding shift + right click anywhere select, start command line and with the phone installed in recovery just type "fastboot boot <name of your recovery file>.img and hit enter.
Don't forget to put your recovery in the same folder, otherwise you'll have to run cd command to go into it's folder location.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

It's possible, as that zip copies the needed partitions to both slots. By default, custom ROMs flash to the inactive slot and if you didn't flash that zip, than it's possible needed files are missing.

I'm adding some carrier apps to my vendor source from stock in hopes this will help allow you guys using CDMA carriers to edit your apns and fix these issues. Read last paragraph above. I'll be pushing a new update in the next day or two (maybe even this evening) with some carrier apps in hopes to help with that issue. Ok, the only Mod I have is the battery mod. I've updated the Moto Mods related apks and blobs from stock Pie. Maybe that'll help with the Mods. The Moto OneNav from stock isn't available, no. But you can use the stock pie gesture nav by enabling it in > Settings > System > Gestures > Swipe up on Home buttonSee above [emoji6]

Also, new update has a lot of new features and fixes in RR source. Keep in mind, you won't be able to update thru the Updater app (it'll give a message about the update being blocked). There was an issue that's since been fixed for updating from v7.0.0 to v7.0.1. Future ota updates won't be an issue. Also, I had a chance to test the Updater app and it does support Seamless updates (similar to stock) [emoji106]

Is the gamepad motomod working? I'm about to install it

andrescm90

May 14, 2013
No Bluetooth... Everything else works just fine. I connect to my smart watch and headphones but no sound coming through, not even when pairing to my car. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Bluetooth can be fixed by downloading the stock ROM and flashing the Bluetooth module via fastboot; do it after you install your custom ROM. Error code 7 can be fixed by using TWRP version 3310.

Do you mean being able to listen to owt via Bluetooth? I can pair devices but no audio coming out of any

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I tested RR and it still isn't ready for prime time. I haven't gone through trouble shooting but Lineage worked.

1- no phone, text etc
2- bluetooth sends data but no audio
3- screen doesn't always wake but phone clicks

For the phone and texts, go to settings, network and Internet, mobile network, advanced and make sure the option "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" is disabled. That'll fix that and for the screen choose an animation from settings, RR settings, animations, that did it for me. For audio through bt I have no idea what to do

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Hi friends, I did all the procedures and my Moto Z3 Play went into Brick mode and turned into a brick. I have company and experience in TWRP, Bootloader, Unbrick of all Motorola line. But this Moto Z3 Play could not resurrect. Any suggestion ?
The screen goes blank but when I connect the data cable it beeps. Brick occurred after installing ROM RR.

Can you still turn on the phone to bootloader screen? If so I might be able to help you out

saaber.shoyeb

Jan 7, 2014
New York
Does anyone have an issue where pressing the home button, or the recents button, on the navigation bar (default or smartbar) causes the status bar to drop down every single time? Build 7.0.2. No other issues on Beckham 32 Gb so far!

andrescm90

May 14, 2013

Yayo70136

Oct 12, 2015
I have a problem, I have started the procedure, but I have not been able to flash the original logo, I get the message of unlocked bootloader instead of the logo, I have tried to flash with the command: fastboot flash logo logo.bin included in the platform tools folder but it does not allow me it gives me an error ... I hope to publish in the corresponding thread .... can someone help me?

Chuchoxs

Oct 18, 2019
Help!!

Hello!!
I have a problem installing the rom, I perform the steps in the instructions, when I perform the first restart the phone starts well but after 2 or 3 minutes it turns off and enters recovery mode, I restart it and again enters recovery, it does not come out recovery mode.
What I can do? I already tried to reinstall the official rom and again perform the steps of the remix rom but it remains the same.
I have a z3 play xt1929-6

KageCM

Jan 8, 2020
Project Treble
Moto Z3 Play
Hello!!
I have a problem installing the rom, I perform the steps in the instructions, when I perform the first restart the phone starts well but after 2 or 3 minutes it turns off and enters recovery mode, I restart it and again enters recovery, it does not come out recovery mode.
What I can do? I already tried to reinstall the official rom and again perform the steps of the remix rom but it remains the same.
I have a z3 play xt1929-6
I'm no expert here but from what I've pieced together, this phone has two partitions called Slot A and Slot B. What you describe sounds similar to what happened to me. I found out the recovery was installed to the active partition while the Rom was installed to the other. If you are using TWRP look in I think the Reboot or Restart menu (my memory sucks) at the bottom right. In that menu at the bottom should be two buttons, one for Slot A and the other for Slot B. Try switching to the active partition and rebooting. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have the latest TWRP.img
    Download the latest RR-P zip and GApps zip (opengapps nano or smaller)
    fastboot boot twrp.img (TWRP cannot be flashed permanently at this time)
    If coming from stock for the first time, flash copy-partitions-AB.zip from second post (It takes a backup of active slot to inactive slot)
    In TWRP, choose -> Wipe -> Format data and type "yes" at the prompt (Note: this will wipe internal storage)
    Flash latest RR-P.zip
    Reboot and let the ROM boot once (it is necessary to reboot between ROM flash and GApps/Addon flash due to verity/slot-swap logic)
    Reboot back to bootloader and fastboot boot twrp.img again
    In TWRP, choose -> Wipe -> Format data and type "yes" at the prompt (You may be able to get away with just doing a factory reset at this point, but that's on you to try)
    Flash Google Apps package (optional)
    Flash Magisk (also optional) (Note: If Magisk doesn't stick after setting up your device, fastboot boot twrp.img one last time and flash it again, no need to wipe anything)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix Pie v7.0.2, ROM for the Moto Z3 Play

Contributors
    Jleeblanch, erfanoabdi, vache, RR Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-02-25

Created 2019-02-26
    Last Updated 2019-04-21
    How is it going? Would love to leave stock behind, but Mods are to useful to leave them, so I'm "stuck" with ofw.
    I can't speak for all mods, as I only have the Battery Mod, but at least got that one fully functional.

I'll be releasing LOS 16.0, RR-P, and AOSiP Pie updates here shortly. Just finishing up one last thing for APN's.
    Copy partitions zip

[size=+2]Important info, please read...[/size]

Starting from build 20190414, encryption is disabled (temporarily) and you must clean flash

[size=+1]Coming from stock?[/size]

Make sure to flash the copy-partitions-AB.zip in twrp before you do anything else. You can download it from the attachment below...
    So if I did not flash this the last time, could this be causing problems?
    It's possible, as that zip copies the needed partitions to both slots. By default, custom ROMs flash to the inactive slot and if you didn't flash that zip, than it's possible needed files are missing.

I'm adding some carrier apps to my vendor source from stock in hopes this will help allow you guys using CDMA carriers to edit your apns and fix these issues.
    Great rom!

Everything is working great on Bell Mobility, except data

I can send and receive SMS
    I can send and receive calls

But once I'm off wifi data won't work. And I'm unable to edit the APN settings to try and fix
    Read last paragraph above. I'll be pushing a new update in the next day or two (maybe even this evening) with some carrier apps in hopes to help with that issue.
    Moto modo battery is working, JBL sound is not. Here a demo v
    Ok, the only Mod I have is the battery mod. I've updated the Moto Mods related apks and blobs from stock Pie. Maybe that'll help with the Mods.
    and is the one nav bar option available as well as gesture navigation?
    The Moto OneNav from stock isn't available, no. But you can use the stock pie gesture nav by enabling it in > Settings > System > Gestures > Swipe up on Home button
    I'm wondering the same question
    See above [emoji6]

Also, new update has a lot of new features and fixes in RR source. Keep in mind, you won't be able to update thru the Updater app (it'll give a message about the update being blocked). There was an issue that's since been fixed for updating from v7.0.0 to v7.0.1. Future ota updates won't be an issue. Also, I had a chance to test the Updater app and it does support Seamless updates (similar to stock) [emoji106]
    Does It have Moto Mods support?
    It has some Moto Mods support, yes. I only have the battery mod that came with the device, and it is working (both default and efficiency modes). There should be support for more mods as well, but not all mods. Screenshot_20190226-073113_Moto_Mods_Manager.jpegScreenshot_20190226-073129_Moto_Mods_Manager.jpegScreenshot_20190226-073214_Moto_Mods_Manager.jpegScreenshot_20190226-073222_Moto_Mods_Manager.jpeg