[ROM][Pie][OFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v7.0.2 [unified 3/3t]

Search This thread

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
hey everyone. im on open beta and im getting this error everytime i try to flash the rom. could someone help me out?? thanks in advance!

Do you even read?
And you're not flashing this ROM. Don't spam this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20190715_223819.jpg
    IMG_20190715_223819.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 558

mbl007

Jun 10, 2013
Do you even read?
And you're not flashing this ROM. Don't spam this thread.

why do you have to reply in a mean way?? yes i read and i tried this rom and the unofficial version and they both showed the same error, i posted the picture of the other rom by mistake here but its the same error.
anyway i want to tell you that i flashed the official 5.0.8 version from oneplus then when i tried to flash the rom again it didnt work and showed error 7 which says that this rom is for op3 or op3t and it didnt flash. i read that i can skip that error by deleting ''asserts'' files from the rom zip file. i did that then the rom flashed but something was weird because my phone was laggy and both my sim cards kept on disconnecting from the network completely every minute for around 30 seconds. the whole rom and phone was acting weird. now im back to the open beta oos i was on before after restoring the backup i did in twrp before doing all this. could you please help me out to find a way to flash the rom successfully? now im back to the same error you see in the picture.

ireaper4592

Feb 12, 2014
why do you have to reply in a mean way?? yes i read and i tried this rom and the unofficial version and they both showed the same error, i posted the picture of the other rom by mistake here but its the same error.
anyway i want to tell you that i flashed the official 5.0.8 version from oneplus then when i tried to flash the rom again it didnt work and showed error 7 which says that this rom is for op3 or op3t and it didnt flash. i read that i can skip that error by deleting ''asserts'' files from the rom zip file. i did that then the rom flashed but something was weird because my phone was laggy and both my sim cards kept on disconnecting from the network completely every minute for around 30 seconds. the whole rom and phone was acting weird. now im back to the open beta oos i was on before after restoring the backup i did in twrp before doing all this. could you please help me out to find a way to flash the rom successfully? now im back to the same error you see in the picture.

as u posted in other the unofficial thread the answer was u need to update phone to pie first

mvalda01

Apr 5, 2017
The ROM is very stable and has lots of customizations. It boots without problems once updated to pie fw and battery life is quite good. Would love to have more theming possibilities, the white notifications panel is a punch in the eye. Maybe it's possible without using Substratum (I find it's quite a nonsense to use it on pie ROMs , which are more or less all themed)?

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011

The answer wasn't mean. He even marked what to read for you. The error message clearly states it's the wrong fw - now I write it down for you: "Modem firmware from OxygenOS 9.0.2 or newer is required[...]" You should start reading instead of complaining about the answer!

mbl007

Jun 10, 2013
The answer wasn't mean. He even marked what to read for you. The error message clearly states it's the wrong fw - now I write it down for you: "Modem firmware from OxygenOS 9.0.2 or newer is required[...]" You should start reading instead of complaining about the answer!

Im sorry guys, i wasn't complaining but i felt unneeded anger in the reply, i knew my question was dumb but i just wanted a quick answer because i messed up the phone and had no time to dig into what happened. Anyway everything is fixed now. Thanks everyone.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Is there a place where to control the light of the buttom buttons and to get them to light only for 1 second and only when they're touched and not everytime the screen is toucued? And could anyone tell me where the option to keep the screen off completely when i turn it off because it's always displaying some sort of a screen saver with the clock so the screen never gets turned off.
Thanks in advance!

mbl007

Jun 10, 2013
Im sorry guys, i wasn't complaining but i felt unneeded anger in the reply, i knew my question was dumb but i just wanted a quick answer because i messed up the phone and had no time to dig into what happened. Anyway everything is fixed now. Thanks everyone.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Is there a place where to control the light of the buttom buttons and to get them to light only for 1 second and only when they're touched and not everytime the screen is toucued? And could anyone tell me where the option to keep the screen off completely when i turn it off because it's always displaying some sort of a screen saver with the clock so the screen never gets turned off.
Thanks in advance!

I figured where to decrease the duration of the buttons but i don't know where i can disable the option of them lighting on every time i touch the screen. And how to get my screen to turn off completely i also still dunno..

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
Honor 20
OnePlus 7T
I'm refering to the passphrase needed to decryptdata (and therefor needed to boot up the device as "secured boot passphrase". With passphrase I refer to pin, password or pattern (which is just a special variation of pin).

Of course it's still possible - it's just a matter of effort. Security is never about possible or impossible. Security is about probability and effort. The longer, more random and the more special characters containing a passphrase is, the more effort is needed to break it. This means it's less pobable.

Or from the other side: the more rescources you can effort, the higher is the probability to break enctyption.
Can you suggest any solution for battery drain?

KaiserSnorezay

Jan 26, 2012
Sydney
Nexus 9
OnePlus 3

Number one trick, regardless of phone, ROM or Android version - turn down your screen brightness. It's the single biggest consumer of battery, and your eyes will thank you for it. I've seen people staring at screens that are brighter than a torch. Use the auto brightness feature and the live display/ night light (to save your eyes).
Other than this, there are battery usage apps like BetterBatteryStats or even the built in battery settings that will show you what's consuming power.
You can also try these -
Disable background sync selectively under data usage. For example you might want WhatsApp to sync always, but maybe not for Facebook or other social media apps.
Turn off the 'always allow Wi-Fi/Bluetooth scanning' under Security-> Location-> Scanning
Disable vibration and screen tap sounds. If you ask me, you don't need your phone to vibrate at all except for incoming calls or SMS. Nearly every app has a vibrate on notification feature, you'll have to disable it individually. Turn off keyboard vibration also.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
I'm refering to the passphrase needed to decryptdata (and therefor needed to boot up the device as "secured boot passphrase". With passphrase I refer to pin, password or pattern (which is just a special variation of pin).

Of course it's still possible - it's just a matter of effort. Security is never about possible or impossible. Security is about probability and effort. The longer, more random and the more special characters containing a passphrase is, the more effort is needed to break it. This means it's less pobable.

Or from the other side: the more rescources you can effort, the higher is the probability to break enctyption.

Why do you quote my posting? Your question doesn't relate to the quoted posting at all.

To answer your question: track down the reason(s) for the battery drain and eliminate it.
  • check if device is entering deepsleep
  • check the wakelocks
  • check the main bat consuming apps and services, while screen is on

I use betterbatterystats for this.

Reactions: jesrani and Dirk

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
Honor 20
OnePlus 7T
Why do you quote my posting? Your question doesn't relate to the quoted posting at all.

To answer your question: track down the reason(s) for the battery drain and eliminate it.
  • check the wakelocks

Sorry about quoting the wrong post. I have downloaded betterbatterystats but it is not working properly. Is not collecting the stats. There is some solution given in the thread and I need to see how to do that. Right now getting "No stats have been collected yet" error.

osrox

Dec 18, 2014
Hi, just wanted to ask regarding boot passphrase. I am currently on RR and encrypted with 4 digit PIN which is asked at boot or even for entering recovery. Is this is the "Boot passphrase" you are referring to? Can I make it 6 digits or a passphrase rather than PIN? With this security, is it possible for someone to get my data if the phone is stolen?

I had formatted my phone, before flashing RR Pie.
Now my phone doesn't ask me encryption password on boot or recovery.
How do i enable it again ?

sandeep_kumar

Feb 21, 2017
Indore
I had formatted my phone, before flashing RR Pie.
Now my phone doesn't ask me encryption password on boot or recovery.
How do i enable it again ?

Go to setting > security > Encryption
Plug your device while encrypting and then proceed. I have done it before on resurrection remix and it took less than 5 minutes while in the encryption screen it says it may take an hour:)

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
Honor 20
OnePlus 7T
  • check the wakelocks

I have switched over to Havoc and betterbatterystats seems to work. However i am not sure how to interpret. Can i attach some log or screenshot here?
I have also disabled (ignored) boot up start for many user apps in Privacy Guard. Should I also disable background data usage and background battery for each app? Does all this really work?
My wife has an Honor 8 Pro, unrooted and she gets more than a day of battery time with more than 4 hours SOT, with default settings. She does not have many apps but battery eating ones like WhatsApp and Facebook are there. So why does are a debloated custom ROM not give better battery life with default settings? What is your view on this?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

kenny_cfc

Jan 20, 2013
OnePlus 8T
I have switched over to Havoc and betterbatterystats seems to work. However i am not sure how to interpret. Can i attach some log or screenshot here?
I have also disabled (ignored) boot up start for many user apps in Privacy Guard. Should I also disable background data usage and background battery for each app? Does all this really work?
My wife has an Honor 8 Pro, unrooted and she gets more than a day of battery time with more than 4 hours SOT, with default settings. She does not have many apps but battery eating ones like WhatsApp and Facebook are there. So why does are a debloated custom ROM not give better battery life with default settings? What is your view on this?
RR and Havoc are both feature rich roms. For me atleast they are not the roms with the best battery life. I found battery life to be better on SD and LOS16 as per my usage.
Edit: Also it depends on the condition of your battery.

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Hi all,

Updated to the latest 9th July ROM with modified bootloader, everything pretty much working as usual

One strange thing I've just come across: my NFC will not turn on, even after trying to manually switch it on several times, it never actually turns on.
As a result, things like Google Pay do not currently work for me. All was working fine before the update.

Anybody else experienced this?

Done a quick search before posting, so wanted to ask before diving deeper.

Thanks

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Hi all,

Updated to the latest 9th July ROM with modified bootloader, everything pretty much working as usual

One strange thing I've just come across: my NFC will not turn on, even after trying to manually switch it on several times, it never actually turns on.
As a result, things like Google Pay do not currently work for me. All was working fine before the update.

Anybody else experienced this?

Done a quick search before posting, so wanted to ask before diving deeper.

Thanks

Are you using a custom Kernel?

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Are you using a custom Kernel?

Yep, Franco R45
I have a habit of flashing this and my own custom zip to remove some system apps immediately after ROM flash, never seemed to do any harm.

Will try to reflash the rom to uninstall the kernel, see if that makes any difference. Thanks

Also noticed that my custom zip does not work this time despite appearing to flash in recovery (the unwanted system apps are unaffected)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to, the LineageOS team, Omni team , SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)
    Download the latest Resurrection Remix Rom & the latest GApps package
    Boot into recovery
    Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution
    Flash ResurrectionRemix Rom
    Flash Google Apps package(Optional)
    Flash Magisk Root(Optional)
    First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    ResurrectionRemix Oreo for OP3/T, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    akhilnarang, varund7726, westcrip
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-06-08
    Last Updated 2019-04-18
    Unified RR builds for Oneplus 3/3T​
    Use latest TWRP linked in OP
    Make sure you have latest firmware installed if not, the build won't flash.
    ***This only needs to be done once***

Using LineageOS unified device trees as a base.
    Harsh's Caesium kernel is included.
    https://plus.google.com/+ResurrectionRemixofficial/posts/R1MoDc8zbWC
    And its up!
    OP3 inclues Caesium kernel by @MSF Jarvis :D
    Huge thanks to our Lineage maintainer @dianlujitao for his work on the device :)
    And also huge thanks to the guys who tested the builds to make sure they were stable and bug-free :D
    Ok guys finally got some time to update. I just finished a build with all the latest LOS device, kernel and vendor commits. All seems to be good google camera works, etc. I'll put up a post in the morning with a proper changelog update and updated frimware links, etc....

Thanks for the patience lately since I haven't been able to keep up with the thread. Sorry for this teaser/preview post, but just wamted to let you know that I was still alive lol
    Soon™

rr_teaser.png

Credits to @Christopher_Kardas for the SS :p