• Poll closed .
Search This thread

M7er4life

Dec 5, 2016
HTC One (m7)
Some things never change.
First Viper.
Then RR.

Both are great roms because of the people behind them who put a lot of work and dedication into this
Nothing is forever.

Time is ruthless.

Thx amit

sachaweb

Jun 29, 2017
This rom is very cooperative with my version of u11.

Hey do you think it's a good idea to flash this ROM RR v7.0.2 to my U11? I am a newbie, I just want something that will work well for the next 2 years!

Is it an issue that Amit won't be updating the ROM any longer?

I flashed LineageOS but phone doesn't access mic nor speakers (permissions: "never accessed", although permission is given). Whatsapp has sound both ways.

If someone can help me out finding out which ROM to install for U11 please do. I have already unlocked bootloader, rooted phone etc. (No S-Off though.) It took me 3 full days of full-time work!

beygots

Jul 5, 2020
Hey do you think it's a good idea to flash this ROM RR v7.0.2 to my U11? I am a newbie, I just want something that will work well for the next 2 years!

I flashed LineageOS but phone doesn't access mic nor speakers (permissions: "never accessed", although permission is given). Whatsapp has sound both ways.

If someone can help me out finding out which ROM to install for U11 please do. I have already unlocked bootloader, rooted phone etc. (No S-Off though.) It took me 3 full days of full-time work!
This is a great rom and everything works fine, I'm using the 16.0 linageos and the microphone works well which was my only drawback with 17.1
Do you currently have the stock rom?

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
HTC U11
Google Pixel 4

it all depends on the current stock firmware you are running, if you are on pie firmware you will also have to flash the dsp patch
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unofficial-lineage-16-0-updated-2020-10-21.3884150/page-64#post-80620553
if your on nougot firmware flash away and test for yourself, thats half the fun. hth

Reactions: sachaweb

sachaweb

Jun 29, 2017
This is a great rom and everything works fine, I'm using the 16.0 linageos and the microphone works well which was my only drawback with 17.1

Thank you, that's great advice. Someone said I could try Pixel 10.0 as well. Do you know what is safer, in every way? At this point I don't want to experiment, I just want to have a phone that works and get on with life!

Do you currently have the stock rom?

Right now I have LineageOS 17.1 but I will have to change, as phone calls have no sound.

I am not sure where to find a proper stock ROM (from a reliable source) for HTC U11 so if I need to revert to stock I might use a Nandroid backup posted elsewhere on the XDA forums. (A RUU won't work because I can't S-Off my phone with LineageOS on it.)

sachaweb

Jun 29, 2017
it all depends on the current stock firmware you are running, if you are on pie firmware you will also have to flash the dsp patch
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unofficial-lineage-16-0-updated-2020-10-21.3884150/page-64#post-80620553
if your on nougot firmware flash away and test for yourself, thats half the fun. hth

Thank you, I had no idea, I will try this with LineageOS 16 instead and leave 17.1 to the more brave of heart! (My original software version is, according to the 'getvar all' thing, 3.31.401.1, so it's the Pie realease from May 2019 as I undertand it.)

I just need a custom ROM that is easy to install, reliable and safe - I don't want to experiment any longer after spending 4 full days on this!

I also wonder how safe it is to use a custom ROM at all! Anything I should know from you or read about, on this issue?

For example, how safe will my passwords and password manager be? Can I re-encrypt my device? Should I re-lock the bootloader, unroot the phone? Or should I just revert to stock ROM if I'm not an Android expert, and if I'm afraid of Russian hackers and the CIA??

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
HTC U11
Google Pixel 4
Thank you, I had no idea, I will try this with LineageOS 16 instead and leave 17.1 to the more brave of heart! (My original software version is, according to the 'getvar all' thing, 3.31.401.1, so it's the Pie realease from May 2019 as I undertand it.)

I just need a custom ROM that is easy to install, reliable and safe - I don't want to experiment any longer after spending 4 full days on this!

I also wonder how safe it is to use a custom ROM at all! Anything I should know from you or read about, on this issue?

For example, how safe will my passwords and password manager be? Can I re-encrypt my device? Should I re-lock the bootloader, unroot the phone? Or should I just revert to stock ROM if I'm not an Android expert, and if I'm afraid of Russian hackers and the CIA??
So you are currently on pie , meaning any rom you flash will require the dsp patch, the only way you would not have to install patch is downgrade to nougot . Just make sure you have twrp backup and a ruu zip ( that works) that u can boot to ,,on you sd card so you can revert back to stock if things go south Dont know about the rest, i use a vpn when on any wifi,,

sachaweb

Jun 29, 2017
So you are currently on pie , meaning any rom you flash will require the dsp patch, the only way you would not have to install patch is downgrade to nougot . Just make sure you have twrp backup and a ruu zip ( that works) that u can boot to ,,on you sd card so you can revert back to stock if things go south Dont know about the rest, i use a vpn when on any wifi,,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes I use a VPN. Not sure about the RUU, so far I couldn't use one because I couldn't S-Off my device. Is a Nandroid backup not enough? Sorry to be so ignorant, I appreciate your help so far and don't want to ask too much from you.

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
HTC U11
Google Pixel 4
Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes I use a VPN. Not sure about the RUU, so far I couldn't use one because I couldn't S-Off my device. Is a Nandroid backup not enough? Sorry to be so ignorant, I appreciate your help so far and don't want to ask too much from you.
Vpn does help,, you dont have to be s off to use a ruu , just match one up to your firmware version. Ruu will take u completely back to stock , meaning you will have to reinstall twrp and root if you so choose.

sachaweb

Jun 29, 2017
Vpn does help,, you dont have to be s off to use a ruu , just match one up to your firmware version. Ruu will take u completely back to stock , meaning you will have to reinstall twrp and root if you so choose.

Okay now one possibly stupid question:

I just found out that under my twrp/backup folder there's a folder called "2020-12-20--12-49-08_PQ2A190205003_release-keys" (see image for contents). It's about 8GB. Could it be that that is simply my system the way it was before installing twrp? I don't remember making a Nandroid backup, but maybe I did or this happened automatically?
Capture.JPG

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
HTC U11
Google Pixel 4
Okay now one possibly stupid question:

I just found out that under my twrp/backup folder there's a folder called "2020-12-20--12-49-08_PQ2A190205003_release-keys" (see image for contents). It's about 8GB. Could it be that that is simply my system the way it was before installing twrp? I don't remember making a Nandroid backup, but maybe I did or this happened automatically?View attachment 5170575
I dont know what that is. It does not look familiar to me . I did a search and it says its a pixel update .

sachaweb

Jun 29, 2017
I dont know what that is. It does not look familiar to me . I did a search and it says its a pixel update .

Thank you for the idea, I did a search as well and found that PQ2A... also occurs in logs of HTC devices. So this looks like it's some system backup. I tried restoring that backup through TWRP, since it was most likely done (by me??) using TWRP. However restore failed with this message:
extracttarfork() process ended with signal: 9

I wanted to try with Fastboot then. I read on XDA that *.emmc.win files can be renamed to *.img, then flashed with fastboot from a PC but it looks too risky, as I am not sure which files to flash and which not.

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
HTC U11
Google Pixel 4
Thank you for the idea, I did a search as well and found that PQ2A... also occurs in logs of HTC devices. So this looks like it's some system backup. I tried restoring that backup through TWRP, since it was most likely done (by me??) using TWRP. However restore failed with this message:
extracttarfork() process ended with signal: 9

I wanted to try with Fastboot then. I read on XDA that *.emmc.win files can be renamed to *.img, then flashed with fastboot from a PC but it looks too risky, as I am not sure which files to flash and which not.
i would still try to find a matching ruu that matches cid/mid

Sboiiiing

Jul 15, 2009
Hi,
Do you know if it is possible to use the "Htc edge sense" function?
I downloaded the "edge sense plus" apk but it doesn't work.
Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix P

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome
    combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!
    Special thanks to, the LineageOS team, Omni team , SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

1. Download the updated TWRP recovery (thanks CaptainThrowback and RandomPooka): HERE
    2. Reboot to download mode and flash it: "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-1_CPTB-20190115-01-ocn.img"
    3. Download the latest ROM zip from the downloads section below
    4. Wipe /system and /data (complete FORMAT /data if you're having issues)
    5. Flash ROM zip in TWRP

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Kernel Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    Omni Team
    @tomascus
    @Flinny
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users

rrbugs.png

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Pie][UNOFFICIAL]Resurrection Remix v7.0.2 [ocn][11Aug], ROM for the HTC U11

Contributors
    amit_sen
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-08-11

Created 2019-01-26
    Last Updated 2019-08-11
    Happy Easter to all.
    Here's a new build. NJoy !!!
    https://mega.nz/#!f0AXSC4I!9mjKnvvcivBFUNLUOLGFhmPKs_QOSHBw_JTiE0hEPrY
    Squeeze to take photo should be included ?
    Smart clock
    Lockscreen Text clock

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    any interest in new build with April patch :p
    New build posted :D
    NJoy !!!

https://mega.nz/#!SxAk0SBC!Z-7qzvqONZTct234cSdgGpHsik3Ko2ADfzEw9uXfk34

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
    OK guys, new build is UP :D
    Its still the HMP version (which i personally like) due to better battery life.
    Fullscreen issue is fixed.
    Feb'19 security fixed included
    Will build EAS version as soon as i get some time.
    NJOY !!
    https://mega.nz/#!z9pAFQZS!eYynpYwkyQDLQ3A0JC1HCt6Ijm7mAGM6BN3OyCvQ83o