[ROM][Pixel 2/ 2 XL ][11.0][UNOFFICIAL]**crDroid**[V7.7][2021-06-16]

Search This thread

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
@Alxoom33 it depends on what you want to do. do you want twrp?.... then install it! just boot into twrp by using fastboot, then flash the twrp installer package. btw, everytime you flash a ROM with its own recovery you need to flash the installer package. also, the stock recovery is from LOS because crDroid is based off LOS. i hope this helps. cheers!
Thanks! I really like this ROM! Now I understand I am fine using LOS recovery and booting into TWRP if needed. Appreciate the information! How does this differ from LOS18.1 and AICP? Is there a data compatibility between them?

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
Thanks! I really like this ROM! Now I understand I am fine using LOS recovery and booting into TWRP if needed. Appreciate the information! How does this differ from LOS18.1 and AICP? Is there a data compatibility between them?

no problem, happy to help! well, your question is rather hard to answer but ill give you my opinion because thats all it is. everyone has an opinion on what custom rom is best. imho, i prefer either havocOS , resurection remix, or crDroid. theses ROMs offer the most customization and in fact maybe too many.

just because i dont use all the mods doesnt mean someone else wont so its just nice to have them. as for LOS, im actually not a fan. its too basic for me which is why i prefer the 3 ROMs i mentioned.

i have only tried aicp and it was not to my liking but you should try and see for yourself. odds are good that you will return to this ROM. crDroid is really an amazing ROM. i hope this helps. cheers!

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
no problem, happy to help! well, your question is rather hard to answer but ill give you my opinion because thats all it is. everyone has an opinion on what custom rom is best. imho, i prefer either havocOS , resurection remix, or crDroid. theses ROMs offer the most customization and in fact maybe too many.

just because i dont use all the mods doesnt mean someone else wont so its just nice to have them. as for LOS, im actually not a fan. its too basic for me which is why i prefer the 3 ROMs i mentioned.

i have only tried aicp and it was not to my liking but you should try and see for yourself. odds are good that you will return to this ROM. crDroid is really an amazing ROM. i hope this helps. cheers!
Thank you for your educated opinion 😃 So far, I really like this Rom and I will stay and play with it for a while. Thanks again!

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
Is there a telegram channel for Taimen or Pixel devices?

im sure there is. i only the ROM dev channels to see what new stuff they add or remove from their ROMs. many custom ROM teams dont post on xda so you need to check their telegram channels if they have one. again, there are other ROMs out there and you should probably test them to see what works for you.

and if you do feel the urge to test, please remember to backup your data. once you lose it, its pretty hard to get back! i hope anyone reading this finds what theyre looking for and has a good experience with it. cheers!

Reactions: Alxoom33

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
im sure there is. i only the ROM dev channels to see what new stuff they add or remove from their ROMs. many custom ROM teams dont post on xda so you need to check their telegram channels if they have one. again, there are other ROMs out there and you should probably test them to see what works for you.

and if you do feel the urge to test, please remember to backup your data. once you lose it, its pretty hard to get back! i hope anyone reading this finds what theyre looking for and has a good experience with it. cheers!
Thanks, but I meant to ask, is there a crdroid channel on Telegram for this device?

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
Thanks I subscribed. I noticed that there is nothing in their download website o4 Telegram about crdroid Taimen rom. Is that because this Rom is unofficial?
Also I installed Sky Hawk Recovery. It is based on TWRP. But can be installed with Magisk. It has alot of nice features, including the ability to flash or uninstall Magisk from recovery. I can boot directly into the recovery from the lock screen and it has full password protected data decryption.

Any thoughts?

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
@Alxoom33 as far as this release goes, yeah... its unofficial. all that means is that the maintainer has not applied to be the device maintainer. i dont know if you have noticed but Blackjubel has been extremely kind enough to build many ROMs for a few devices. all the ROMs work great and Blackjubel even provides updates so flash with confidence.

as far as skyhawk goes, like all other current recoveries its based off twrp but all add different features that really improve over twrp. i personally dont use any because im currently using a pixel 3 and plan to move over to a pixel 5 depending on how bad the pixel 6 is.

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
@Alxoom33 as far as this release goes, yeah... its unofficial. all that means is that the maintainer has not applied to be the device maintainer. i dont know if you have noticed but Blackjubel has been extremely kind enough to build many ROMs for a few devices. all the ROMs work great and Blackjubel even provides updates so flash with confidence.

as far as skyhawk goes, like all other current recoveries its based off twrp but all add different features that really improve over twrp. i personally dont use any because im currently using a pixel 3 and plan to move over to a pixel 5 depending on how bad the pixel 6 is.
Thank you for your comments. I agree, @Blackjubel has been incredibly prolific. I also think that he has done excellent work, in judging from this crdrod release, as compared to stock and other A11 roms that I have tried. Thank you!😃

Top Liked Posts