[ROM][Pixel 2 XL][11.0] PixelDust Android 11 for taimen [03 February 2021]

a_khusairi

Apr 2, 2015
So here is the build with January 2021 security patch and some improvements.

Download link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pi...n-aosp-taimen-user-20210127-1825.zip/download

The build shows as unofficial, don't worry - it is just a tag and the build is official. I don't want to trigger a new build just for one word (and Feb is around the corner ;))

Enjoy!
Nitin
thanks for the update, it works great, but when i disable the navigation bar in pixeldust settings, my phone is locked, after that an option appears, turn it off, reboot, this doesn't happen in the pixeldust eleven security patch December

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Reactions: nitin.chobhe

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
thanks for the update, it works great, but when i disable the navigation bar in pixeldust settings, my phone is locked, after that an option appears, turn it off, reboot, this doesn't happen in the pixeldust eleven security patch December
I don't understand - why are you disabling the navigation bar?

Hi Nitin .. I am using your January build the ROM is smooth and it is working fine however the only issue I am seeing is the assistant asks for additional data to download for better results but after it gets upgraded the trigger of Google assistant shows blank but it does listen to voice and then your search results as usual it’s just that the waiting of the assistant when triggered is a transparent thing or something. I don’t think it’s a ROM issue, But I can’t figure out what setting can get the assistant trigger to show up on screen when squeezed or swiped from edge.
I'm also seeing the same behavior - not sure why is it happening. Although it is good that it works fine and only the animation is not shown.

Pulse isn't working, like not on the nav bar, nor on lockscreen or ambient display. Is there any way to fix it?
Pulse works fine for me. See attached screenshots.

Nitin

Attachments

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
@nitin.chobhe because I usually use the application fluid navigation gestures
I tested disabling the navigation bar and it worked as expected. See attached screen recording (I had to zip it to attach to the post).

Hi. There are some metod add more quick settings column? Now showing just 2.
Yes, see attached screenshot.

Nitin

Attachments

Reactions: a_khusairi

a_khusairi

Apr 2, 2015
I tested disabling the navigation bar and it worked as expected. See attached screen recording (I had to zip it to attach to the post).

Yes, see attached screenshot.

Nitin
yes, disabling the nav bar works, but when the phone is rebooted and the nav bar is disabled, phone locked, the solution is to enable the nav bar, before rebooting

Last edited:

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Hi nitin thanks for the rim..how do I flash this over the Dec build? Do I need to clear data ? Can you please tell the steps?
Thanks
  1. Backup the data that you want (for safety)
  2. Reboot to recovery
  3. Flash ROM
  4. Reboot
  5. Done!
It should work, but in case, it goes wrong, do a clean flash (y)

Nitin

Ztaker

Jun 7, 2020
Does this rom supports substratum theme engine ?

Also what is the difference between the dust rom themes like pitch black/Google dark and black coffee all looks the same ?

ZChuckMoris

Apr 25, 2016
PixelDust Launcher crashes when I disable Google app. I usually disable it via Settings-Apps cause i don't need google search, Assistant, weather, news and other stuff, but now it causes issues on PixelDust. Latest (27.01) update.

Last edited:

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
PixelDust Launcher crashes when I disable Google app. I usually disable it via Settings-Apps cause i don't need google search, Assistant, weather, news and other stuff, but now it causes issues on PixelDust. Latest (27.01) update.
Not surprising that the Google pixel launcher crashes when you disable the Google app.😱 I suggest you flash the Nova or similar launcher that is not integrated with the Google app.

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Does this rom supports substratum theme engine ?

Also what is the difference between the dust rom themes like pitch black/Google dark and black coffee all looks the same ?
These are different themes and have different color schemes - may be restart SystemUI after applying the theme.

PixelDust Launcher is integrated with Google app. Try using some other launcher if you really do not want any Google apps.

Nitin

Reactions: Alxoom33

Arnab Pal

May 23, 2014
I don't understand - why are you disabling the navigation bar?

I'm also seeing the same behavior - not sure why is it happening. Although it is good that it works fine and only the animation is not shown.

Pulse works fine for me. See attached screenshots.

Nitin
I can't get it to work. Can you help me out? Like, is there anything that I am doing wrong?