ROM ❯ PIXEL 2 XL ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11.3.2

SaberJ2X

Dec 3, 2012
I like this ROM a lot but having to wipe data with every update is a big inconvenience.
I've been able to dirty flash from 11.2.0 to 11.3.0... Not to 11.3.1 cause I've been rom hoping... But i only have some minimal apps i use though. Good luck!

As a seperate post...
Is the extra bright screen after a few minutes with the screen off is going to get fixed? Haven't noticed the rotated screen bug when unlocking the phone either at least

Edit, yup still has the rotation and increased brightness "issues", still this rom is amazing and i can overlook them a bit

Last edited:

Lif3mau5

Oct 4, 2014
Stuttgart
I like this ROM a lot but having to wipe data with every update is a big inconvenience.
You don't have to do "Wipe Data" everytime, I haven't done it since the first version and everything works as it should, but better and smoother than stock.

The ROM just keeps getting better, a big thank you to the developers for that! It would be nice if you could set the background in the notification bar/settings to a dark Amoled black.

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
Well I remember my post upgrading from 11.2.0 to 11.3.0, I had to do data wipe else I was in the boot loop continuously(dragon animation playing continuously).....I think it's time to write the correct steps in a post?

palimatix

Jan 18, 2011
Bangalore
The google photos Original back up bugger.. It wasn’t working here so I went back to lineage 17 where it was showing up till next year February but even there the original back up is not working anymore. I think Google is now checking the device by some other ID that exclusively tells that it’s a taimen and not a pixel 3 or 5 or whatsoever.

Reactions: VerticalCobra

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Are you using high quality Google photos backup or any solution you got for the original backup? The 2016 xml file trick doesnt work still in 11.3.1
Im not silly enough to put my photos on any cloud host, sorry

Many people have given up on their privacy, i aint one of them....

Want a backup? - buy an external drive, that isnt spinning 24/7 in your PC and will last forever, and back them up to that. Really want to be safe, buy two external drives....simple.

I dont backup anything on phone to "the cloud", not even google backup for the phone and app settings, never used it...all those are locally done too

Last edited:

Spook208_

Jan 29, 2021
Hi I'm having a problem with apps that require gps not working with location enabled. I'm also having an issue with twrp where even if I use the correct password it won't unlock. I don't know if the issues are related but any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

palimatix

Jan 18, 2011
Bangalore
Hi I'm having a problem with apps that require gps not working with location enabled. I'm also having an issue with twrp where even if I use the correct password it won't unlock. I don't know if the issues are related but any help would be appreciated.
For your first issue.. Non-Gapps + nikgapps works fine for location