ROM ❯ PIXEL 2 XL ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11

Search This thread

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Which apps boxes do I have to tick?
Where are the settings stored?

The box columns are labelled....App/Data/Permissions..youre usually going to want all 3 for each app you want to backup

All is explained here :

Please dont ask me to recreate the thread here, if youre not sure of something, read through or post a question in that threads thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Sui77

Sui77

Oct 19, 2010
The box columns are labelled....App/Data/Permissions..youre usually going to want all 3 for each app you want to backup

All is explained here :

Please dont ask me to recreate the thread here, if youre not sure of something, read through or post a question in that threads

All is explained here :

Please dont ask me to recreate the thread here, if youre not sure of something, read through or post a question in that threads thanks.
Last question: system settings will be restored also?

whoadood

Oct 11, 2012
I've been using it for some time, I'm liking it a lot, I just wish you had a version with all Pixel apps preinstalled. It's a bit of a hassle to install them all from the Play Store and setting them as default (think Contacts, Phone, Camera, etc).

Also I can't help but notice that the default font is slightly bigger than the default font. Is it possible to revert to the default font without making a big mess? (i.e. without having to root, etc)

Thanks for your work

Last edited:
Reactions: RetroTech07

whoadood

Oct 11, 2012
Google Pay doesn't work. I can't add a new card because it says my device has been altered. Is this related to SafetyNet? Can we expect a fix shortly?

irmas5

• @kdrag0n I just updated my Pixel 2 XL from 11.3.3 to 11.4.0. My GooglePay stopped working. The error states "Your device doesn't meet security standards"

Do you know how to fix this?
    Helped for me. Installed magiskhide, universal safetynet fix, gpay sqlite fix,and app called com.cofface.ivader_v7_724f13_1.apk. Rebooted. And working perfect

Attachments

• com.cofface.ivader_v7_724f13_1.apk
      206.4 KB · Views: 7

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    @kdrag0n I just updated my Pixel 2 XL from 11.3.3 to 11.4.0. My GooglePay stopped working. The error states "Your device doesn't meet security standards"

Do you know how to fix this?

Have you:

1) Installed Magisk
    2) Enabled MagiskHide in Magisk Manager?
    3) Rebooted

Thats usually the only thing needed

Worst case/last resort scenario (general fix - be aware this erases all cards, loyalty included):
    • Toggle Airplane mode on
    • Clear data for Google Play Store and Google Play Service (Settings > All Apps (toggle Show System) the search for and clear data for these packages)
    • Reboot
    • Toggle Airplane mode off
    • Check Google Play Store is certified (Google Play -> Settings, scroll to bottom)
    • Open Magisk Manager - check Safetynet passes (If not try steps under Pre Installation Checks)
    • Add card and test

I havent yet upgraded to the latest Proton build, been busy, but will later

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Helped for me. Installed magiskhide, universal safetynet fix, gpay sqlite fix,and app called com.cofface.ivader_v7_724f13_1.apk. Rebooted. And working perfect
    AFAIK Universal SafetyNet Fix isnt needed as @kdrag0n, the dev of it, integrates it into Proton...

Also adding Xposed modules isnt necessary, and not recommended just for Google Pay

I havent even needed to use my own Googe Pay Magisk Module (gpay sqlite fix) for months as google reverted something on their end a few months back, and it passes with just MagiskHide enabled...not even MagiskHiding Google Pay

irmas5

• AFAIK Universal SafetyNet Fix isnt needed as @kdrag0n, the dev of it, integrates it into Proton...

Also adding Xposed modules isnt necessary, and not recommended just for Google Pay

I havent even needed to use my own Googe Pay Magisk Module (gpay sqlite fix) for months as google reverted something on their end a few months back, and it passes with just MagiskHide enabled...not even MagiskHiding Google Pay
    It's good for you. Not on every rom that works.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    It's good for you. Not on every rom that works.

Theres 3 parts of my post youre referring to, so im not sure which youre referring to, so ill break it down:

AFAIK Universal SafetyNet Fix isnt needed as @kdrag0n, the dev of it, integrates it into Proton...

Im trying to say its pointless installing Universal SafetyNet Fix on Proton as Kdragon is the dev of both, and integrates the fix directly into Proton...

You'll find an entire section on Xposed in the notes for my Gpay fix troubleshooting it - its completely unnecessary for Google Pay, as is the referenced module

This is true across most ROMs at the moment, reported by several people, its true of all the 2XL ROMs ive tested recently

Hopefully google dont change their minds again, if they do, then its back to the GPay module.

Im just trying to keep things simple for people and reduce complexity

scaspiani

Sep 12, 2016
    Have you:

1) Installed Magisk
    2) Enabled MagiskHide in Magisk Manager?
    3) Rebooted

Thats usually the only thing needed

Worst case/last resort scenario (general fix - be aware this erases all cards, loyalty included):
    • Toggle Airplane mode on
    • Clear data for Google Play Store and Google Play Service (Settings > All Apps (toggle Show System) the search for and clear data for these packages)
    • Reboot
    • Toggle Airplane mode off
    • Check Google Play Store is certified (Google Play -> Settings, scroll to bottom)
    • Open Magisk Manager - check Safetynet passes (If not try steps under Pre Installation Checks)
    • Add card and test

I havent yet upgraded to the latest Proton build, been busy, but will later
    Thanks for the response!

Do you need root access? I downloaded Magisk, but there is no Magiskhide in the settings.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Thanks for the response!

Do you need root access? I downloaded Magisk, but there is no Magiskhide in the settings.

Magisk = root

MagiskHide:

1) Hit gear icon (top right)

ItBhlu8.jpg

2) Scroll about halfway down, and tick MagiskHide

o7XkT38.jpeg

Note: worth pointing out that SafetyNet Check in main window will currently fail (known issue), device will still pass SafetyNet. Error apparently fixed in latest Canary, but not yet available in Stable

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
    kdrag0n.dev
    @kdrag0n

Confirmed

No longer passes SafetyNet out of the box...

Tested with latest Magisk Canary as well as 3rd party apps to rule out recent issue in Magisk Manager

Rolling back to 11.3.3...passes fine
    Thanks for the confirmation. I was aware of potential issues with SafetyNet caused by the dirty flashing fixes, but I asked some users to test before announcing 11.4.0 and they all reported it as passing for some reason. The revoked API key in Magisk Manager has lead me to disregard most SafetyNet reports recently, but I'll look into it now that you have a definitive result.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ProtonAOSP 11.4.0 is now available with significant performance improvements.

Changes:
      • April security patch
      • Machine learning back gesture from Android 12 (better accuracy and adaptive sensitivity)
      • Improved overall system performance
      • Up to 18% faster app, menu, and screen opening
      • 16% faster screenshot capturing
      • Up to 4x faster low-level memory management
      • Empirical optimizations throughout many different layers of the system
      • Faster image loading and saving (PNG and JPEG)
      • Compiled with the latest Clang 12 toolchain from Android 12
      • Updated UI fonts
      • Updated WebView to Chromium 89 (LineageOS)
      • Preparation for Pixel 4 and 4 XL support
      • Pixel 2: Fixed updating without wiping data

Install from browser for a quick and easy installation process (recommended)
      Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
      I used the web installer and it worked perfectly. Curious how to pass safety net though? After the web installer finished the phone booted to the google startup. I reboot my phone to bootloader mode by holding the power+volume then used fastboot boot twrp. From here I adb sideloaded magisk and am able to launch it on the phone. When I check safetynet I get SafetyNet API Error, Basic integrity fails, cts profile fails and evaltype N/A.
      It's a SafetyNet Attestation API key problem in Magisk. It has been fixed on the Canary channel. John will push an update to the Beta/Stable channels after a few other bug fixes. Check with another SafetyNet check app and you may indeed be passing.
      @kdrag0n

Confirmed

No longer passes SafetyNet out of the box...

Tested with latest Magisk Canary as well as 3rd party apps to rule out recent issue in Magisk Manager

Rolling back to 11.3.3...passes fine
      Thanks for the confirmation. I was aware of potential issues with SafetyNet caused by the dirty flashing fixes, but I asked some users to test before announcing 11.4.0 and they all reported it as passing for some reason. The revoked API key in Magisk Manager has lead me to disregard most SafetyNet reports recently, but I'll look into it now that you have a definitive result.
      Migrate backup, clean flash, Migrate restore
      dev is aware of the issue
      Thank you and sorry for the double post than
      ProtonAOSP • Pixel 2 XL
      Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal custom Android 11 ROM focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Screenshots
      v11.2.0: Imgur album
      v11.3.0: Imgur album

Installation
      This ROM is distributed as a full OTA package that can be flashed in TWRP. Don't forget to wipe data before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no requirement for which ROM or version you are coming from.

You can also use the easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.

Features
      • Better performance and battery life than stock
      • Easy-to-use guided web installer
      • Refined UI: typography, colors, tweaks, frosted glass blur, custom dark theme, builtin wallpapers, accent color options, fewer distractions
      • Performance: Vulkan UI rendering, reduced APEX overhead, responsive animations, deep low-level optimizations
      • Empirical performance results: up to 18% faster app/menu/screen opening, 16% screenshot capturing, up to 4x faster low-level memory management, faster image loading and saving (JPEG, PNG)
      • Improved memory management: optimized pinning, ART heap compaction, more background apps
      • Under-the-hood tweaks: better 5 GHz Wi-Fi signal retention, high-resolution recents overview, fixes for AOSP bugs, latest Chromium WebView
      • Privacy: microG support, quick settings security, internet & sensor permissions, camera & microphone indicators, permission usage dashboard, minor hardening from GrapheneOS
      • Convenience features: button to clear battery stats, call recording (where legal), machine-learning back gesture
      • Power user convenience: memory usage in Settings, advanced settings expanded by default, command-line tools for developers (e.g. SSH)
      • Usable default apps: clock, calculator, contacts, messaging, phone apps from LineageOS with custom UI tweaks
      • Modern default settings: navigation, sounds, safe volume off, etc.
      • SafetyNet passing out-of-the-box without root

Downloads
      Downloads and changelogs can be found on GitHub. The topmost release is the latest. Builds with and without gapps included are provided for convenience. Make sure you download a ROM ZIP, not source code; source code cannot be flashed.

Using the easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.

Known issues
      None

Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Donate to support development: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
      ROM source code
      ProtonAOSP 11.3.1 is now available with security updates, fixes, and minor tweaks.

Changes:
      • Merged January security patch
      • Fixed SafetyNet attestation failing since January 12
      • Fixed screen-off voice match in Google Assistant
      • Restored global search button in Settings
      • Added round search bar in app drawer
      • Added support for gesture typing in AOSP Keyboard
      • Pixel 2: Added support for Bluetooth hearing aids
      • Pixel 2: Removed duplicate wallpaper pickers
      • Pixel 5: Removed excess padding below keyboard

Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
      ProtonAOSP 11.3.3 is now available with many bug fixes and under-the-hood updates.

Changes:
      • Updated to March feature drop base
      • Added new Strange Dimension wallpapers
      • Changed default wallpaper to Space - Strange Landscape
      • Slightly faster cold app launches
      • Fixed stock lock screen unlocking bug (Sultan)
      • Fixed stock recents app clearing bug (LineageOS)
      • Fixed overscroll bounce in notification shade
      • Fixed volume panel animation and dismissal bugs
      • Cleaned up options in wallpaper picker
      • Updated Now Playing song database
      • Improved web installer reliability
      • Fixed all common web installer bugs
      • Improved web installer download speeds
      • Updated WebView to Chromium 88 (fixes excessive storage usage)
      • Pixel 2: Fixed flashing with the web installer
      • Pixel 5, 4a 5G: Added support for dual-SIM 5G standby (DSDS)
      • Pixel 5, 4a 5G: Enabled background app suspension to save power and improve performance
      • Pixel 4a 5G: Fixed device model name

Install in browser for a quick and easy installation process (recommended)
      Download

ProtonAOSP 11.4.0 is now available with significant performance improvements.

Changes:
      • April security patch
      • Machine learning back gesture from Android 12 (better accuracy and adaptive sensitivity)
      • Improved overall system performance
      • Up to 18% faster app, menu, and screen opening
      • 16% faster screenshot capturing
      • Up to 4x faster low-level memory management
      • Empirical optimizations throughout many different layers of the system
      • Faster image loading and saving (PNG and JPEG)
      • Compiled with the latest Clang 12 toolchain from Android 12
      • Updated UI fonts
      • Updated WebView to Chromium 89 (LineageOS)
      • Preparation for Pixel 4 and 4 XL support
      • Pixel 2: Fixed updating without wiping data

Install from browser for a quick and easy installation process (recommended)
      Download

ProtonAOSP 11.3.2 is now available with security updates and an easy-to-use web installer.

Changes:
      • Updated to February security patch
      • Added new space wallpapers by Infinitum
      • Updated visual voicemail configs
      • Pixel 5 & 4a 5G: Added support for standalone 5G on T-Mobile
      New easy-to-use web installer

This version introduces a new easy-to-use web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider installing with the web installer instead of doing it manually.

Install in browser
      Download

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone