• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM ❯ PIXEL 2 XL ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11

Search This thread

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Qq8.5, the above problems are still unsolvedView attachment 5360671
Please send logs with the SysLog app shortly after opening the app.
Hi @kdrag0n
My Liberapay payment was rejected by my bank. Unfortunately, this may have cost you a fee, for which I apologize. As soon as my bank and I work out how to do the transfer properly, I'll add some extra money to cover the fee.
Don't worry, it doesn't look like there were any issues on my side. Thank you for the thought of making a donation.
@kdrag0n Thanks for your work appreciated.

i noticed breaking whatsapp voice call. anyone else faced this isssue? on latest build. Also i want to know when someone call me my phone view is 100% transparent it shows the background how to disable that ?
I'm not sure what you mean by "phone view is transparent" because the AOSP in-call UI has a solid background as far as I know, but the entire calling experience is inherited from AOSP. We don't plan to modify it in any way.

Last edited:

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
still cant upgrade with web installer. bought a new raspberry pi4B and set it up and still just like my laptop before this it gets stuck on unpacking system right under the e in system and either crashes or just does nothing forever. doesnt matter what system im on or anything. pretty much giving up on this rom and being stuck on old last year software. cant upgrade using web installer or recovery. tried wiping still cant upgrade past the last one before web installer came out.

Last edited:

c.lam

Jul 3, 2018
I was on the Proton Web Installer and I couldn't connect phone to it.
I had it on bootloader then connect the cable. But as soon as i connect the cable, the "android-device" shown on the pop up window shows up and disappered quickly.
I have tried different cables but problem persists.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

The phone is currently on stock android 8 and I was using chrome browser on a chrombook.

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
I was on the Proton Web Installer and I couldn't connect phone to it.
I had it on bootloader then connect the cable. But as soon as i connect the cable, the "android-device" shown on the pop up window shows up and disappered quickly.
I have tried different cables but problem persists.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

The phone is currently on stock android 8 and I was using chrome browser on a chrombook.
same thing on ubuntu mate i installed the android sdk and the ttols it said and it still wont connect. i haven't had luck with this rom since December of 2020 im stuck on version 11.3.0 still.

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 2 XL
same thing on ubuntu mate i installed the android sdk and the ttols it said and it still wont connect. i haven't had luck with this rom since December of 2020 im stuck on version 11.3.0 still.
Some Linux distributions don't allow ordinary users to access the USB ports directly. In that case, you either need to run the process as root, or assign the needed permission to your account.

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Some Linux distributions don't allow ordinary users to access the USB ports directly. In that case, you either need to run the process as root, or assign the needed permission to your account.
i installed the android sdk tools for it to allow access but it still pops up to install them and retry anyway. I've rebooted the raspberry pi 4 and verified the sdk tools are there but nothing. I've tried on windows and now two linux distros. on one distro and on windows it works but freezes during unpacking system everytime and never finishes i even let it run for over an hour and was still in the same spot when i checked it

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 2 XL
i installed the android sdk tools for it to allow access but it still pops up to install them and retry anyway. I've rebooted the raspberry pi 4 and verified the sdk tools are there but nothing. I've tried on windows and now two linux distros. on one distro and on windows it works but freezes during unpacking system everytime and never finishes i even let it run for over an hour and was still in the same spot when i checked it
Well, the webinstaller is great when it works, but not easy to troubleshoot. Mine also hung, so I used traditional fastboot instead - that have me an error message, and it turns out that my USB-connection was only working 99%.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
ProtonAOSP 11.5.2 has been released. Sorry for the delay this month; I've been busy with other projects, but here's the full release.

Changes:
• July security patch
• Added search to website
Added red, green, and blue color balance settings
Added alarm, ringtone, and notification sounds from Plasma Mobile
• Added HarmonyOS Sans font style
Extended font styles to affect third-party apps (reboot to apply changes)
Improved Night Light quality using chromatic adaptation (reduced color distortion)
• Improved Ambient EQ quality (with modern color science: CAT16)
• More gradual transition when turning Night Light on/off
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G, 4/XL: Added setting for increased touch sensitivity
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G, 4/XL: Added "Saturated" color profile
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G: Fixed Night Sight crashes in Google Camera
• Pixel 4/XL, 2/XL: Fixed Active Edge instability with multiple profiles
• Pixel 4/XL: Added support for HDR10+ (Diab)
• Pixel 4/XL: Added support for modem diagnostics

Website
Install from browser (recommended)
Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
finally got it to upgrade to newest version using the web installer!!!! wooo love it!!!! is this using the boot.img from the last official update from google? plan on rooting it but need to download the update to get the img to patch.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
finally got it to upgrade to newest version using the web installer!!!! wooo love it!!!! is this using the boot.img from the last official update from google? plan on rooting it but need to download the update to get the img to patch.

You dont need to do that

The zip from the website may have the boot.img inside of it

OR

You can extract the boot image from the payload.bin file inside most ROM zips using this tool (the easy way...if you have windows 64):

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260

1) Download and extract the payload dumper zip file
2) Extract the payload.bin file from ROM and put into payload_input folder of payload dumper
3) Run payload_dumper.exe
4) Check payload_output folder, when you see more than boot.img appear, you can happily terminate the payload_dumper.exe if you like
5) Transfer boot.img to phone and follow magisk install guide

If youre using other than windows, shout, theres a payload dumper for every OS

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
You dont need to do that

The zip from the website may have the boot.img inside of it

OR

You can extract the boot image from the payload.bin file inside most ROM zips using this tool (the easy way...if you have windows 64):

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260

1) Download and extract the payload dumper zip file
2) Extract the payload.bin file from ROM and put into payload_input folder of payload dumper
3) Run payload_dumper.exe
4) Check payload_output folder, when you see more than boot.img appear, you can happily terminate the payload_dumper.exe if you like
5) Transfer boot.img to phone and follow magisk install guide

If youre using other than windows, shout, theres a payload dumper for every OS
im using raspberry pi with raspios 64 bit. only computer i have now and only os that actually worked upgrading to 1.5.2 from 1.3.0. with the new magisk app it said you need to flash the patched img now not the zip. was just making sure before i mess anything up again without the time or backup phone to fix anything. been working way to much to relearn how to fix my phone in linux again.... for now. the raspberry pi os is just debian baeed 64 bit so a .deb package is what it takes.

Last edited:

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
im using raspberry pi with raspios 64 bit. only computer i have now and only os that actually worked upgrading to 1.5.2 from 1.3.0. with the new magisk app it said you need to flash the patched img now not the zip. was just making sure before i mess anything up again without the time or backup phone to fix anything. been working way to much to relearn how to fix my phone in linux again.... for now. the raspberry pi os is just debian baeed 64 bit so a .deb package is what it takes.

irmas5

ProtonAOSP 11.5.2 has been released. Sorry for the delay this month; I've been busy with other projects, but here's the full release.

Changes:

Website
Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
there are any way to enable weather on lookcreen? for me not showing. Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is too stable.
    Yeah... it's a bit suspicious, isn't it.
    Ok, magnaged to make the move from Bliss (10) to Proton (11), so far so good.

However, I have a few things missing:

a) customizing (colors, ...)
    b) edge sense can't be modified (long/short)
    c) no "terminate active app" by gesture (long swipe)
    d) no advanced power menu

Are there any tricks or workarounds for those points?

Any need to change kernel?

I'm not passing savbety net, yet, may Google Play Store is not vertified.

Tried this

Google Pay should work with the following:
    • MagiskHide enabled in Magisk Manager
    • Do SafetyNet check in Magisk Manager
    If you dont pass SafetyNet, i would be surprised...

If you pass SafetyNet, then next check Play Store is Certified (Google Play Store -> Settings -> About)

If device is uncertified:

• Toggle Airplane Mode to On
    • Clear Data for Google Play Store and Google Play Services
    • Reboot
    • Toggle Airplane Mode to Off
    • Wait 5 minutes
    • Check Play Store is certified
    • If Certified, open Google Pay, and add card
    Ok, magnaged to make the move from Bliss (10) to Proton (11), so far so good.

However, I have a few things missing:

a) customizing (colors, ...)
    b) edge sense can't be modified (long/short)
    c) no "terminate active app" by gesture (long swipe)
    d) no advanced power menu

Are there any tricks or workarounds for those points?

Any need to change kernel?

I'm not passing savbety net, yet, may Google Play Store is not vertified.

Tried this

Google Pay should work with the following:
    • MagiskHide enabled in Magisk Manager
    • Do SafetyNet check in Magisk Manager
    If you dont pass SafetyNet, i would be surprised...

If you pass SafetyNet, then next check Play Store is Certified (Google Play Store -> Settings -> About)

If device is uncertified:

• Toggle Airplane Mode to On
    • Clear Data for Google Play Store and Google Play Services
    • Reboot
    • Toggle Airplane Mode to Off
    • Wait 5 minutes
    • Check Play Store is certified
    • If Certified, open Google Pay, and add card

You may need the latest Universal SafetyNet Fix from here:

To use this new version, you will need Riru, from here (installed first, then reboot, the try USNF above):

Do a clear of google play store/services and google pay afterwards, and if still no luck with google pay, remove card and readd...

* Be aware that you should not use the very latest Magisk Alpha (706a4922) with Riru as it has known issues at the moment.
    You may need the latest Universal SafetyNet Fix from here:

To use this new version, you will need Riru, from here (installed first, then reboot, the try USNF above):

Do a clear of google play store/services and google pay afterwards, and if still no luck with google pay, remove card and readd...

* Be aware that you should not use the very latest Magisk Alpha (706a4922) with Riru as it has known issues at the moment.
    Did the trick :)
    ProtonAOSP
    Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Screenshots
    Screenshots of the latest version

Installation
    This ROM is currently distributed as factory images, similar to stock. Flash it the same way you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

You can also use the quick & easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser and completes in as little as 4 minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.

More detailed installation instructions and guides

Features
    List of current features, with accompanying screenshots and explanations

Downloads
    Downloads and changelogs for all versions

Builds with and without minimal Google services (gapps) included are provided for convenience.

Using the quick and easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.

Support
    If you have questions or concerns, please read the Frequently Asked Questions before asking. It saves time for everyone involved, especially you, and allows us to provide higher-quality answers for all users.

Website with comprehensive documentation
    Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Please consider donating to support development if you found this helpful: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
    ROM source code
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.1 is now available with security updates, fixes, and minor tweaks.

Changes:
    • Merged January security patch
    • Fixed SafetyNet attestation failing since January 12
    • Fixed screen-off voice match in Google Assistant
    • Restored global search button in Settings
    • Added round search bar in app drawer
    • Added support for gesture typing in AOSP Keyboard
    • Pixel 2: Added support for Bluetooth hearing aids
    • Pixel 2: Removed duplicate wallpaper pickers
    • Pixel 5: Removed excess padding below keyboard

Download

ProtonAOSP 11.3.3 is now available with many bug fixes and under-the-hood updates.

Changes:
    • Updated to March feature drop base
    • Added new Strange Dimension wallpapers
    • Changed default wallpaper to Space - Strange Landscape
    • Slightly faster cold app launches
    • Fixed stock lock screen unlocking bug (Sultan)
    • Fixed stock recents app clearing bug (LineageOS)
    • Fixed overscroll bounce in notification shade
    • Fixed volume panel animation and dismissal bugs
    • Cleaned up options in wallpaper picker
    • Updated Now Playing song database
    • Improved web installer reliability
    • Fixed all common web installer bugs
    • Improved web installer download speeds
    • Updated WebView to Chromium 88 (fixes excessive storage usage)
    • Pixel 2: Fixed flashing with the web installer
    • Pixel 5, 4a 5G: Added support for dual-SIM 5G standby (DSDS)
    • Pixel 5, 4a 5G: Enabled background app suspension to save power and improve performance
    • Pixel 4a 5G: Fixed device model name

Install in browser for a quick and easy installation process (recommended)
    Download

ProtonAOSP 11.4.0 is now available with significant performance improvements.

Changes:
    • April security patch
    • Machine learning back gesture from Android 12 (better accuracy and adaptive sensitivity)
    • Improved overall system performance
    • Up to 18% faster app, menu, and screen opening
    • 16% faster screenshot capturing
    • Up to 4x faster low-level memory management
    • Empirical optimizations throughout many different layers of the system
    • Faster image loading and saving (PNG and JPEG)
    • Compiled with the latest Clang 12 toolchain from Android 12
    • Updated UI fonts
    • Updated WebView to Chromium 89 (LineageOS)
    • Preparation for Pixel 4 and 4 XL support
    • Pixel 2: Fixed updating without wiping data

Install from browser for a quick and easy installation process (recommended)
    Download

ProtonAOSP 11.5.1 has been released.

Changes:
    • June security patch and feature drop base
    Added status bar icon and clock customization
    Added 8 font styles, including playful, serif, and AOSP fonts
    Added performance and other technical details to website
    • Improved dark UI color scheme
    • Fixed compatibility with some apps (e.g. Brevent)
    • Fixed instability in media-heavy apps (e.g. long video calls)
    • Fixed recents text selection in Pixel Launcher
    • Fixed unknown characters (tofu) in some text
    • Updated Now Playing song database
    • Updated permissions for Google apps
    • Updated website link in Settings
    • Updated system fonts

Website
    Download