PixelDust ROM is an Android 12 ROM inspired by the original Google Pixel firmware with full support for Material Design 3.
PixelDust CAF is based on the Code Aurora Sources, more commonly known as CAF. CAF ROMs are therefore generally considered to be more optimized for Qualcomm’s Snapdragon SoCs than AOSP ROMs (in performance, RAM management, battery, etc.).
Of course, we're adding a decent selection of the coolest custom ROM functions that would have been missing if they weren't included.
The PixelDust crew would be very happy if you took a little time to leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello.
Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few cups of coffee for spezi77. Cheers!
Help us help you!
If you find a bug in one of our builds, please report it here or in our Telegram Group. You MUST include the following when posting a bug report:
1. A logcat or last_kmsg
2. Kernel and mods used
3. Useful information (which build, steps for reproduction, screenshots, etc.)
If you fail to report something adequately, DO NOT expect things to be fixed.
If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.
* Periodic CAF/AOSP security updates
* Pixel GApps included (no need to flash any third party GApps)
* Safety net / banking apps / GPay work out of the box (no need to flash Magisk)
Pixel 3 additional features
* All official features of the Pixel 3 incl. an extended implementation of ActiveEdge!
* Free and unlimited Google photo storage (original quality)!
* Now playing support
* Adaptive connectivity
* Adaptive charging
* Gaming Mode
* Quick tap
* A set of 22 breathtaking space themed Wallpapers
Additional QS tiles
* Always On Display
* PixelDust Settings
* and many more
* Battery level on bottom
* Battery bar (when charging / always)
* Charging info
* Ambient wake gestures
* Now playing
* Android 12 custom monet theme engine: Wallpaper colours, Basic colours, Themed icons, Icon shapes, Headline / Body fonts, 3-button navbar styles
* Swipe fingerprint for notifications
* ActiveEdge (Squeeze phone to perform custom actions)
* Volume rocker skips music tracks
* Allow adjusting the back gesture height
* Fullscreen gestures: Hide navbar pill and keyboard space
* Extended/"L" back swipe to trigger actions/app/activities
* Battery settings
* Statusbar items
* Carrier label
* Clock & date settings
* Traffic indicators
* Secure tiles require unlocking
* Battery estimates
* Quick QS pull down
* Transparent QS customization
* Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart options and many more
* Disable power menu when locked
* Screen off power button torch
* Navbar visibility toggle
* Layout (normal, compact, left-leaning, right-leaning)
* Invert layout of Navbar buttons
* Show arrow keys while typing
* Status bar dt2s
* Lock screen dt2s
* Left & right lock screen shortcuts
* Fingerprint authentication vibration
* Pocket detection
* Media cover art
* Media artwork blur level
* Lock screen charging animation
* Lock screen PIN quick unlock
* Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
* Wake up on charge
* Burn-in protection enabled by default
* Dual SIM/eSIM functionality untested
* GPS location tracking is sometimes unavailable, e.g. after a restart or network change. You can fix it by simply turning the location service off and on again.
Terms & conditions:
By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of PixelDust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The PixelDust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.
- Download PixelDust ROM and boot.img: https://pixeldust-project.com/download/google/blueline/
- Download TWRP (twrp-3.6.1.x for Android11/12) : https://twrp.me/google/googlepixel3.html
Welcome to the official PixelDust website. All future downloads and new will be posted here!
Telegram Discussion Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustcommunity
Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustproject
Telegram Build Support Channel: https://t.me/compile_pixeldust
If you like our work then please consider donating.
PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/RogerTruttmann | https://www.paypal.me/spezi77
Who last donated:
Tengku Azwan Bin Mamat
* You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
* You are familiar with using fastboot
* Before you are ready to flash this custom ROM, you have to install the latest factory image from October 2021
* Bootloader unlocked
* You have created a backup of your ROM & data
First time installing PixelDust ROM, or coming from another ROM:
YOU MUST HAVE RECENT FACTORY IMAGE FLASHED TO BOTH SLOTS BEFORE YOUR FIRST TIME INSTALLING ROM.
1. Flashing stock ROM / unlock bootloader (If applicable):
- Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#blueline
- Boot the stock ROM.
- Don't setup any google account, don't add a screen lock. Just go to Settings > System > Developer options. Enable OEM unlocking.
- You need to follow this guide to unlock your bootloader.
A. Flashing PixelDust ROM via TWRP:
- Important: Before you begin, remove the screen lock (password/PIN/pattern) or change to "Swipe". Go to Settings > Security >Screen lock.
- Download the ROM and both TWRP files (img + zip) (for download links see above).
- Boot fastboot mode.
- Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
- Copy twrp-3.6.0_11-0-blueline.img to the platform-tools folder or folder that has fastboot in it and rename it twrp.img.
- Open a Command Prompt.
- At the Command Prompt type and press enter.
fastboot boot twrp.img
- If requested, swipe to allow modifications.
- Tap "Wipe", then tap "Format data" and type yes to continue.
- Copy the rom zip and twrp-installer-3.6.0_11-0-blueline.zip to your device.
- Tap "Install", select the rom zip, tap "Add more Zips", select the twrp-installer.zip and Swipe Slider to install.
- When install is successful tap on "Reboot", then tap on the first list item "System".
B. Flashing PixelDust ROM via sideload:
- Download the ROM and boot image (for download links see above)
- Boot fastboot mode
- Connect the phone to the Computer with USB cord.
- Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip)
fastboot flash boot boot_caf_xxx.img
- Wipe userdata (required for first PixelDust/Android 12 install)
fastboot erase userdata
- Reboot into fastbootd
fastboot reboot fastboot
- Use volume keys and power button to select "Enter Recovery"
- Select "Apply Update from ADB"
- Sideload the ROM zip
adb sideload PixelDust-SaltedCaramel-caf-blueline-user-20220107-0024.zip
Dirty flashing PixelDust ROM (coming from Android 12):
Just skip the step "Format data" / "Wipe userdata"
AOSP Extended (https://github.com/AospExtended)
ABC ROM (https://github.com/ezio84?tab=repositories)
CAF Extended (https://github.com/CAF-Extended)
Havoc OS (https://github.com/havoc-os)
Nitrogen Project (https://github.com/nitrogen-project)
Pixel Experience (https://github.com/PixelExperience)
Potato Open Sauce Project (https://github.com/PotatoProject)
MSM-Xtended Team (https://github.com/Project-Xtended)
Superior OS (https://github.com/SuperiorOS)
Syberia Project (https://github.com/syberia-project)
And all the other Developers, Testers, Donators and Users.
Contribute to PixelDust-Devices/android_kernel_google_bluecross development by creating an account on GitHub.
[ROM][Pixel 3][12.0] PixelDust CAF Android 12 for blueline, ROM for the Google Pixel 3
Source Code: https://github.com/pixeldust-project-caf
ROM OS Version: Android 12
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: CAF, AOSP
Stable Release Date: 2020-01-13
Last Updated 2022-07-06