[ROM][Pixel 3][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 [blueline]

Search This thread

roblav96

Mar 22, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I clean flashed the latest ROM upload (no Magisk or custom kernel) and I'm getting a "Trust - System security" error.

Screenshot_20191118-092256_LineageOS_Settings.md.png

The Play Store device certified list item is not even visible at the bottom of Play Store Settings.

Should I proceed with Magisk install and ignore this?

supachris

I clean flashed the latest ROM upload (no Magisk or custom kernel) and I'm getting a "Trust - System security" error.

The Play Store device certified list item is not even visible at the bottom of Play Store Settings.

Should I proceed with Magisk install and ignore this?

Yes, this is normal as the build ist unofficial and signes with test keys. Just ignore.
To have a certified device, install Magisk, enable magisk hide and install HideProps in magisk. After install and reboot spoof the device fingerprint by using the command props. Using the official Pixel 3 fingerprint (pie) results after reboot in green cts profile and certified device in Play Store.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3 using XDA Labs

roblav96

Mar 22, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yes, this is normal as the build ist unofficial and signes with test keys. Just ignore.
To have a certified device, install Magisk, enable magisk hide and install HideProps in magisk. After install and reboot spoof the device fingerprint by using the command props. Using the official Pixel 3 fingerprint (pie) results after reboot in green cts profile and certified device in Play Store.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3 using XDA Labs

This worked phenomenally! Thank you so much for you're descriptive instructions. =]

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
Is IMS registration and VoLTE working for anyone? I've tried September and the latest builds and can't seem to get them working on either.

I tested my SIM in a Moto G7 running LOS 16 and VoLTE works there.

UPDATE:
The VoEnabler Magisk module https://github.com/Toucan-Sam/VoEnabler seems to be deprecated, at least for now, but I was able to set the properties mentioned in the README.md file using MagiskHide Props Config https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228.

IMS is now showing as registered and VoLTE is working - I made a test call to confirm.

I'm not getting Wifi Calling but I'm guessing that's a carrier issue.

Last edited:

jorgen2009

Feb 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Can't wait to have your feedback about lineageos 17! :D

My feedback to all would be to have a look at the Lineage 17 thread in the Pixel 3XL forum. @razorloves (one of the head developers of LineageOS) created builds for both Pixel 3's. Seeing him building for our devices makes me very positive about the future of Lineage on them :). I installed his ROM and apart from being still incomplete compared to LineageOS 16 it's rock solid. A big advantage of his builds compared to mine is that he includes all the vendor, bootloader and radio files inside the ROM. No need to flash those ever again every month after a patchday from Google. Mind you that he includes GApps from MindTheGapps instead of OpenGapps from my builds.
If there is still any interest for my LineageOS 16 builds I will keep on building them at least once a month (after the security patches are build in in LOS) until LOS 17 is officially announced. But I would suggest you take a look at the aforementioned thread and help razorloves make LOS 17 the most stable and feature complete ROM for blueline :)

Pakabidu

Aug 27, 2013
Hello,
A happy blueline user for over a year now, rooted, on latest Pie. One thing has been bugging me about this phone is the beeping I get when recording phone calls. More information about it can be found here: https://www.xda-developers.com/android-p-call-recording-tone-support-record-phone-calls-lawfully/
I'm with Vodafone in UK and as this feature is enabled by the service provider, the only way to avoid this beeping during call recording is to change the provider, which I don't want to do. I was desperately looking for solution to this but without success.

Could someone with Lineage OS please confirm if their call recording includes the beeping?

Thank you!

mimiQ

Nov 29, 2019
If there is still any interest for my LineageOS 16 builds I will keep on building them at least once a month (after the security patches are build in in LOS) until LOS 17 is officially announced. But I would suggest you take a look at the aforementioned thread and help razorloves make LOS 17 the most stable and feature complete ROM for blueline :)

I've tried out that rom and it is indeed fantastic and without any issues. The self included vendor images is even better. If its not too much i am really interested in your LOS16 builds and would like to use it until LOS17 is released. LOS16 has privacy guard & per app data restrictions which seem to be depricated in LOS17. Thank you and really appreciate your efforts in bringing us LOS16. :good:

jorgen2009

Feb 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
By demand I created another fresh LOS16 ROM and placed it in the download folder. It has the December patches built-in. No need to do anything if you're upgrading from my last build.
In the meantime I've been playing with razorloves' LOS17 builds and while they work perfectly well and are rock solid, they are still in a very early stage. Some LOS16 things are still missing and a few things are not working well with the ROM (Android Auto and WiFi calling for instance), but other than that I already use LOS17 as my daily driver. Razorloves added some great patches on GitHub and it builds well, so well that I'm actually eating my own dogfood now :)

karin722

Sep 7, 2016
Hello. I build los16 myself. However, there is a bug that the font of the clock in the status bar becomes thin when built as it is. It's not in your ROM. How did you solve it? Please tell me…

jorgen2009

Feb 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello. I build los16 myself. However, there is a bug that the font of the clock in the status bar becomes thin when built as it is. It's not in your ROM. How did you solve it? Please tell me…
All my changes from the original Lineage source are in my download folder. Basically all I changed was a tree for blueline and added opengapps, that's it. The rest is pure Lineage source

jorgen2009

Feb 23, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi everyone, I've been trying to compile a new version of Lineage 16 with the January patches in, but I'm having a hard time with it. The problem is not Lineage itself, but OpenGapps. That gives me headaches trying to embed it with the ROM. As I don't want to spend my spare time on a ROM I don't use any longer myself (I'm on Q for a while now) I will stop maintaining this ROM.
Also I think @razorloves has an even better and more future proof build with his version of Lineage 17.1 that will hopefully even be official some day. You can find his thread in the Pixel 3XL forum here
Finally I'd like to thank all of you for your interest in my little pet project, it was fun trying to get it build and get you all one of the best ROMs for our device. Thanks! :)

justDave

Nov 17, 2006
Just wanted to report that I was able to do a dirty flash from this ROM directly to the official 17.1 ROM. I followed the following steps:
  1. !!!Back up everything before you start!!! This worked for me but there's plenty that could have gone wrong.
  2. !!!Remove your screen lock!!!
    TWRP doesn't support screen lock (or really anything on Android Q) so it'll be pretty easy to get stuck if you don't do this first. You can set it up again when you're done upgrading.
  3. Flash the latest factory image from https://developers.google.com/android/images#blueline.
    !!!Be sure to remove the -w option from the flash-all script before you run it if you don't want your phone wiped!!!
    Also note that you need a pretty recent version of platform tools to flash this.
  4. Just follow the instructions in the announcement post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=83252615&postcount=310
    You probably need to include Opengapps Nano (I did) - I don't think you can drop Opengapps without a clean flash and this ROM included it.
So far, the only problem I had was that the phone app kept crashing. I fixed that by clearing data on that app. I didn't lose favorites or call history.

Last edited:
Reactions: brooksilg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    640px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform.

This is an unofficial build of LineageOS for the Pixel 3 (blueline). I always liked Lineage (and its predecessor CyanogenMOD) as well as the Google line of phones. Unfortunately having a Google Pixel phone isn't certainty for a lot of custom ROMS anymore, so that's why I decided to compile my own version. It's been quite challeging, but I think I finally have a build that is good enough to share.

About
    This ROM is built straight from the LineageOS sources found on https://github.com/lineageos. There are only 3 changes in order to get this build:
    • The device tree is just a single folder with references to the crosshatch (Pixel 3XL) tree that is already there in the sources
    • The binaries for this ROM come from The Muppets
    • The ROM is compiled with the nano version from Open Gapps, including the Pixel specific bits for unlimited photo upload for instance
    I am not a developer, I only build this ROM and it reflects the the current status. If there are any things missing or not working I suggest to contact the LineageOS team, they are the real geniuses here and deserve all the credits. I will try to keep this ROM updated on a regular basis.

First Installation
    Installing the ROM can be a little hard, especially the first install. Upgrades will be relatively easy though. This first setup is only needed when coming from a different ROM then this. I can't support you if you did't follow this first installation. Be warned it will wipe your user data in the process, so make sure you make a backup if needed.
    • Place the ROM and optionally the TWRP zip, a kernel and root on the phone and reboot to recovery by using the command line (fastboot boot twrp.img) or hold the VOL DOWN key while rebooting the phone.
    • In order to make the right startbase for the ROM you have to install the latest stock Pixel 3 image from Google found here to BOTH slots. You can use the script in the download folder. Instructions how to use it can be found in the script itself.
    • Wipe 'data' and 'Dalvik / Art Cache' from TWRP - Wipe - Advanced Wipe or use the slider in TWRP for a factory reset. Optionally you should also delete the Android folder on your internal storage through the TWRP File Manager
    • Flash the ROM and optionally the TWRP zip, kernel and root and reboot the phone

Upgrades to new version
    After the hard initial work to get the ROM installed it's going to be easy for upgrades to new versions.
    • Download the new ROM on the phone and reboot or fastboot flash to the TWRP recovery
    • Flash the new ROM and optionally TWRP. If you want to flash another kernel or a root solution you will have to reboot you phone, so it switches slots and let it boot normally. Then go back to recovery and flash in this order: TWRP - kernel - Magisk and reboot
    After a monthly update from Google and only when LineageOS also adapted to the latest monthly sources (I will tell you this) you will have to do an extra step:
    • Download the latest Lineage OS ROM and place it on the internal storage
    • Download the latest image from the Google Factory Images site, extract the bootloader, radio and vendor images and flash them in the bootloader to BOTH slots. Alternatively (and actually my prefered method) you can use the script provided in the download folder. Instructions are inside the script
    • From here go to TWRP recovery and flash the previously downloaded new ROM, optionally followed by TWRP.
    • Optionally, after a reboot you can flash Magisk and/or another kernel.

Not working
    • Active Edge
    • Now playing (on the lockscreen, it works while the screen is on, just no history))
    • Call recording (not enabled in sources for our device)
    • Accent colours Default, Forest and Cocoa display a blue colour icon theme instead of its own
    • Call Screen (couldn't test it myself)
    • The "markup" tool to edit screenshots doesn't work

Downloads
    Now finally for the good part, the downloads. In this folder you will always find the latest ROM:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lx8dlS4ZRVVQYeQS0I7Y_6yJ5SFMg7uR

Happy flashing :)
    Just uploaded a new build compiled from today's sources. This will be the last build that will be built from the latest Android AOSP sources for a while, because this week the new Android 10 will be released. The Lineage team will certainly need several months before Android 10 builds are officially released.
    With this in mind, I can still make some Lineage builds in the future based on Android Pie (Lineage 16.0). It wouldn't be fully up to date at the AOSP level, but will be up to date at the Lineage level until Lineage on Android 10 is released. The builds I can make will all be based on the August 2019 Patch level/vendor image. You shouldn't be updating to Android 10 then.

Let me know if there is any interest left after this weeks Android 10 release. One thing: I will be updating to Android 10, so I can't test my own builds any longer
    By demand I created another fresh LOS16 ROM and placed it in the download folder. It has the December patches built-in. No need to do anything if you're upgrading from my last build.
    In the meantime I've been playing with razorloves' LOS17 builds and while they work perfectly well and are rock solid, they are still in a very early stage. Some LOS16 things are still missing and a few things are not working well with the ROM (Android Auto and WiFi calling for instance), but other than that I already use LOS17 as my daily driver. Razorloves added some great patches on GitHub and it builds well, so well that I'm actually eating my own dogfood now :)
    I just compiled a new build, it has all the July patches builtin, so make sure you are on the latest vendor. See the OP for the downloadlink.
    Happy flashing :)
    Another week, another update of the rom. As always you can find it in the OP. Happy flashing