• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Pixel 3 XL][11.0.0_r39] PixelDust Android 11 for crosshatch [13 July 2021]

Search This thread
Thanks for keeping these phones going. I just picked up a new one from Woot since the USB port on my original is giving me fits. Been trying to cram here at work so I can go home and get up and running. In the post above (79) are the asterisks necessary for flashing the patched bootloader? Things have gotten more complicated since I flashed my current daily driver.
No they are not needed. Just the text.

alexross

Nov 13, 2012
Yes. Put the boot.img from this rom one your phone. Use Magisk to patch said image. Then put the patches image file you created on your computer in your Android SDK folder. Open commands prompt and the type *fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img --slot all* and hit enter. Then type fastboot reboot and hit enter.
Profit!
Happy flashing!
thank you very much, I've have done all the steps, unluckly at the reboot the touchscreen stopped working and I had to revert back. Have I done something wrong?

thank you very much, I've have done all the steps, unluckly at the reboot the touchscreen stopped working and I had to revert back. Have I done something wrong?
Just force restart the phone and the touch screen will work. I ran into the same problem. Make sure you're using the latest canary magisk and you should be fine.

a_bug

Mar 9, 2007
Fairfield
HTC Rezound
HTC One (M8)
So something funny started happening with my phone.

The lock screen (previously all black) now has the android mascot showing up.

I thought maybe the default wallpaper for the lock screen got corrupted or removed, so I set another wallpaper for the lock screen (not black).

That didn't work. Not that it's a bad image, it's just not what I want to see on my lock screen.

Android Lock Screen.png

Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on either what happened and/or how to fix it?

Thanks.

A (lock screen-less) Bug :cool:

chrisexv6

Nov 14, 2010
Just installed the ROM tonight...so far so good! Liking everything except one thing - not all of the screens go "pitch black". I get a lot of different screens that are the muted gray color (for example, Messaging app...I did try toggling the Dark/System setting for Theme and it didnt change anything).

App drawer is pitch black, though.

Is that normal? Did I miss a setting or something?

Thanks.

Tom Vaughn

Nov 13, 2010
Hey guys.
I wonder if anyone could shed s light on this?
I just got this phone a few days ago and installed this rom right away.
Alls been perfect except one deal-breaking issue.
Whenever I had a few, not even a lot of apps running in the background and had spotify or youtube vanced also running because I'd be listening to a podcast the camera app,once opened and I'd take a photo of something, would auto-close spotify or youtube vanced.
Extremely annoying issue. I guess its ram management related as it seems this rom's kernel is very very agressive in killing background apps but when it closes the podcast I'm listening to whilst taking a random photo, thats kinda unaccaptable. Just wondered if anyone had a solution to this otherwise I'll have to stay on the factory rom.
cheers in advance

Mar 25, 2017
I was hoping someone here could help me root. I've tried multiple things and none of them work. I start by using googles online flash tool to downgrade from stock android 11 to android 10. Then i boot into twrp and from there flash pixeldust. I have taken the boot img available from this page, patched it with majisk and tried flashing it when i still had twrp, so before rebooting. However it just renders my phone useless, and can't do anything but look at the fastboot screen. So what do i do to root? I have done that process again, without flashing the boot img, but don't know what to do.

I was hoping someone here could help me root. I've tried multiple things and none of them work. I start by using googles online flash tool to downgrade from stock android 11 to android 10. Then i boot into twrp and from there flash pixeldust. I have taken the boot img available from this page, patched it with majisk and tried flashing it when i still had twrp, so before rebooting. However it just renders my phone useless, and can't do anything but look at the fastboot screen. So what do i do to root? I have done that process again, without flashing the boot img, but don't know what to do.
Don't know why you are downgrading to Android 10. This is an Android 11 rom.

First time installing PixelDust ROM, or coming from another ROM:

YOU MUST HAVE RECENT FACTORY IMAGE FLASHED TO BOTH SLOTS BEFORE YOUR FIRST TIME INSTALLING ROM.

1. Flashing stock ROM:
  1. Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#crosshatch

2. Flashing PixelDust ROM:
  1. Download the ROM and boot image
  2. Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip since we dont have TWRP)
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  3. Wipe userdata (required for first PixelDust/Android 11 install)
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
  4. Reboot into fastbootd
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  5. Use volume keys and power button to select "Enter Recovery"
  6. Select "Apply Update from ADB"
  7. Sideload the ROM zip
    Code:
    adb sideload PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-crosshatch-user-xxx.zip
  8. Reboot

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2017
Don't know why you are downgrading to Android 10. This is an Android 11 rom.

YOU MUST HAVE RECENT FACTORY IMAGE FLASHED TO BOTH SLOTS BEFORE YOUR FIRST TIME INSTALLING ROM.

1. Flashing stock ROM:
  1. Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#crosshatch

2. Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip since we dont have TWRP)
    Code:
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
  4. Reboot into fastbootd
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
  7. Sideload the ROM zip
    Code:
  8. Reboot

I tried to flash pd before via adb but it didn't work, but didn't try flashing the boot img. Can you tell im new at this lol. Anyway i will do it as you instructed, but after i do all that, how do i root?

I tried to flash pd before via adb but it didn't work, but didn't try flashing the boot img. Can you tell im new at this lol. Anyway i will do it as you instructed, but after i do all that, how do i root?
After you are up and running, install the lastest magisk.
Transfer the supplied boot image to your phone. Use magisk to patch the image. Transfer the patched image to your PC. Then use fastboot to flash the patched image.
fastboot flash boot magiskpatched*******.img

leaveNOW

Jan 24, 2021
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 5

Not Working ( just report bugs this ROM)

Google Camera Just Last Updated on Play Store Jun 5,2021
+ for this ROM + Rom Evolution X + lineage-18.1 => Crosshtach
if update google camera from play store, and if choose Night Sight, that All ROM is Crash (Close App)
for now solution is just uninstall update and pure using camera this ROM..

May be if you have time can fix that?

Thanks and stay safe and healthy sir...

Last edited:

Mar 18, 2012
haguenau

if update google camera from play store, and if choose Night Sight, that All ROM is Crash (Close App)

Hi,

Maybe if you'd check GitHub, you'd see it should be fixed in the next release 😉

Cheers,

Sébastien.

Reactions: leaveNOW

robertodave971

Jul 7, 2021
Hi everyone, is there a delay when you turn on/off the notification sound? The rest of the rum works very well and there is nowhere to go. I like all the customization features!

KingAnbu

Apr 5, 2021
so im getting an error code: kPostinstallRunnerError . i flashed the boot.img erase user data reboot fastboot and side load the rom and get all the way to step three and get the error.

edit: After almost a week of working on this (i work alot) i finally got it to work! had to flash boot image to both slots :)

Last edited:

LeignHan

Sep 30, 2013
Beijing
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Thanks to this amazing rom!

I flash factory image and clean flash pixel dust rom several times, but the following thing are still there, please pay attention to it.

1. After installation, Launcher desktop>long press Setting>App drawer, the launcher quit unexpectedly to desktop, the second time i tap or after rebooting, it's ok.

2. Double tap to wake or wake on charge, lockscreen will flash two times then keep itself on, this is random but a little frequent especially when wake the phone from deep sleep.

you can try dt2w and dt2s several times (keep tapping the screen to let the it on and off), the flash will show up.

Another way it trying Setting>Display>Lock Screen>ambient wake gestures ON (no lock screen patton or password required), when you lift the phone, ambient display light up, swipe up , the screen will show ambient display screen again(flash) then go to system.

3. when setting clock display on at the up right corner, if there are too many items, no little dot shows up.

you can turn on show seconds in setting, show percentage when charging, half of the left item in up right corner will be covered by @[email protected] (the notch ) .

if you set the clock display on at the up left (by default), the dot in the up right corner shows up normally.

4.Setting>PixelDust Setting>Lock Screen>Lockscreen shortcuts, left shortcut seems doesn't work fine.

i set left shortcut to camera ,but after i swipe, dialer/Phone app shows up. After reboot, Phone icon show on down left lockscreen corner, tap power button (screen on/off ) some times, camera icon shows up, but after i swipe, dialer shows up again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

Maybe if you'd check GitHub, you'd see it should be fixed in the next release 😉

Cheers,

Sébastien.
    banner11spjzm.png

PixelDust ROM is an Android 11 ROM especially built for the current Google Pixel devices and aimed for stability at its core with themes and customizations.

Our philosophy is to offer all the features known from the Google Pixel Factory Images paired with a useful selection of the coolest custom ROM features.

Our project is based off directly from AOSP. We attach great importance to aesthetics, themeability and personalization. For this we have integrated a great selection of space wallpapers and a special theme app (many thanks to Dirty Unicorns for their code base) in the settings of the Android OS.

The PixelDust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.

Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and spezi77. Cheers!

Disclaimer:
    If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

listingoffeaturesnuj5z.png

* Periodic AOSP security updates
    * Vendor image and Pixel GApps included (Please do not flash any third party GApps)
    * Pixel wallpapers
    * PixelDust wallpapers
    * PixelDust Launcher

Theming
    * Additional dark/black themes, Accent colors, Fonts, Icon shapes, Navbar and QS tile styles

Additional QS tiles
    * Always On Display
    * Caffeine
    * Language
    * NFC
    * PixelDust Settings
    * Screenshot (Partial/Full)
    * and many more

Lock screen display
    * Ambient wake gestures
    * Pixel style Ambient music ticker
    * Now Playing support (only Pixel 2 and higher)

Security
    * Lock screen PIN quick unlock
    * Face Unlock

System Gestures
    * Active Edge
    * Swipe fingerprint for notifications
    * Swipe fingerprint left or right to dismiss notifications
    * Volume rocker skips music tracks
    * Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
    * Advanced Gestural navigation settings

Status bar
    * Status bar items
    * Network activity
    * Clock & date settings
    * Battery settings

Quick settings
    * Secure tiles require unlocking
    * Battery percentage
    * Battery estimate
    * Quick QS pulldown
    * QS columns/rows customizations
    * and many more

Buttons
    * Screen off power button torch
    * Volume Settings: Playback control, Volume wake, Volume key cursor, Live volume steps

Navigation bar
    * Navbar visibility toggle
    * 3-button navigation options:
    * Layout (normal, compact, left-leaning, right-leaning)
    * Invert layout of Navbar buttons
    * Pixel animation

Gestures
    * Status bar dt2s
    * Lock screen dt2s

Lock screen
    * Battery info
    * Charging animation
    * Lockscreen shortcuts
    * Show/hide quick settings
    * Show/hide status bar
    * Media cover art
    * Media artwork blur level
    * Lock screen charging animation

Power menu
    * Additional Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart

Notifications
    * Less boring heads up
    * Notification sound if active

Misc
    * Pulse for NavBar, LockScreen and Ambient Screen
    * Wake up on charge
    * Rounded corners

Not working:

* ---

links4rjc1.png

Terms & conditions:
    By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of PixelDust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The PixelDust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.

Downloads:
    * Pixel Dust ROM Android 11 incl. gapps and vendor
    * Boot image (must be flashed before each installation process)

socialmedia5ljkh.png

Telegram Discussion Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustcommunity
    Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustproject
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ANtVnW8

installationguidemmkme.png

Pre-requisites:
    * You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
    * You are familiar with using fastboot
    * Before you are ready to flash this custom ROM, you have to install the latest factory image
    * Bootloader unlocked
    * You have created a backup of your ROM & data

1. Flashing stock ROM:

Code:
      Code:
      fastboot erase userdata
    4. Reboot into fastbootd
      Code:
      fastboot reboot fastboot
    7. Sideload the ROM zip
      Code:
    8. Reboot

Dirty flashing PixelDust ROM:
    Skip these steps:
    - Flash the boot image
    - "Wipe userdata"

creditsi9kfj.png

Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, AOSP Extended, BenzoROM, Bootleggers, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, Havoc OS, HentaiOS, LOS, MSM-Xtended Project, OmniROM, Potatoes Project, PureNexus, ProtonAOSP and YAAP, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.

kernelsourceemjy3.png

Source code: https://github.com/pixeldust-devices/android_kernel_google_bluecross

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Pixel 3 XL][11.0] PixelDust Android 11 for crosshatch, ROM for the Google Pixel 3 XL

Contributors
    spezi77
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelDust-Eleven

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-02-02
    Last Updated 2021-02-02
    changelogk4jka.png

2021-02-02
    * Initial XDA release
    * Security patch level: 2021-02-05 Android-11.0.0_r31 (RQ1A.210205.004)

2021-02-10
    * Patch release to eliminate UI lags (kernel updated)
    * Added VoLTE icon from OOS 10
    * Added Quick QS brightness slider
    * Misc improvements

2021-03-06
    * Security patch level: 2021-03-05 Android 11.0.0 Release 32 (RQ2A.210305.006)
    * Update PDLauncher for r32
    * Make QS quickbar slimmer. Especially with the brightness slider in the quickbar it was way too high!
    * QuickStatusBarHeader: Long-press header date to access calendar
    * QuickStatusBarHeader: Long-press header clock to access settings
    * SystemUI: Make the kill app qs tile icon prettier
    * SystemUI: Add side paddings for brightness slider
    * Fix background colouring for settings themed icons
    * SystemUI: Fix issues with VoWiFi icon
    * SystemUI: Add flipendo to Battery Saver QSTile
    * SystemUI: Introduce dynamic VoLTE & VoWiFi icons
    * SystemUI: Face Unlock animation
    * Add support for FeliCaClient

2021-04-06
    * Security patch level: 2021-04-05 Android 11.0.0 Release 34 (RQ2A.210405.005)
    * wifi: Increase 5 GHz network signal tolerance
    * Update PDLauncher: App drawer opacity, AppInfo Bottom Sheet from Shade Launcher, Disabled the feature for protected apps in favor of AppLocker, Icon pack support on an app basis, Added uninstall to task shortcuts, Added dark primary support, Fixed notification dots
    * fixup! Navbar animation for custom 3-button navbar
    * Face Unlock animation
    * Allow scheduling always on display
    * Navbar: Arrow keys while typing resurrection
    * Expose location icon to Tuner
    * fix padding between privacy icons and network traffic
    * Add Gvisual Mod (Statusbar height, UI corner shape)
    * AODSchedule: Add support for mixed time & sun modes
    * Add GVisual Mod navbar colors
    * Introduce Applock
    * AppInfo: Add time spent in app from Wellbeing
    * Allow 0.8 font scale without crashing
    * Add Switch Styles
    * Add Brightness slider styles
    * Show icon of package associated with Toast
    * Materialize Toast notifications
    * Dark theme changes from Android 12 DP2
    * Ambient Display battery toggle
    * keyguard battery bar in aod on charging
    * Also show the battery bar if the battery is not charging
    * Color the battery bar red when the level drops to 15%
    * Animate brightness slider
    * Add ClearSpring and DarkAubergine system themes
    * Color the qs drag handle with the accent color
    * TypeClock: bring back O’minute
    * Make Quick Unlock compatible with long PIN/Password

2021-05-05
    * Security patch level: 2021-05-05 Android 11.0.0 Release 37 (RQ2A.210505.003)
    * Kernel: Merge tag 'android-11.0.0_r0.77' + Linux 4.9.268
    * Update vendor blobs to May (RQ2A.210505.002)
    * Fix FeliCaClient signature.
    * Update gapps from RQ2A.210505.003
    * Add tweaks and performance improvements from ProtonAOSP (reduced app launch times, ThinLTO, AOSP Clang 12.0.4, and more)
    * Add long screenshot chip (StitchImage)
    * StitchImage: use accent for buttons
    * ToastUI: Show app icon on system text toasts as well
    * Update carrier label margin right after setting the padding
    * Allow user to block individual apps from resuming
    * Allow media art with enabled facelock lockscreen bypass
    * Update PDLauncher: SystemShortcuts: fix fc with InfoBottomSheet, Make bottom sheet to use the dark primary color, Limit depth blur to overview and quick switch states
    * Notifications background opacity
    * Settings: Expose radio info (*#*#4636#*#*)
    * Developer options toast insulter
    * fixup! Gesture back swipe deadzone
    * Use Asus Stitchimage as default screenshot service
    * fixup! Linked ring and media notification volumes
    * Show disabled signal icon when SIM is disabled
    * Align volte and vowifi icon sizes with signal icon
    * Misc themes improvements
    * Keyguard: clock enhancements: Add IDEClock, Add ClockertinoClock, Fix multiple issues with typographic clock, and more
    * Add screenshot quality setting
    * Redesign screenshot menu buttons
    * Fix brightness slider paddings when autobrightness icon is hidden
    * AppLock: Add option to instantly lock app on closing
    * Add toggle for QS bottom brightness slider
    * Add Potato's volume panel styles
    * Replace Oroño clock with Oroño reshaped clock
    * Bring back Gaming mode

2021-06-05
    * Security patch level: 2021-06-05 Android 11.0.0 Release 38 (RQ3A.210605.005)
    * Kernel: Merge tag 'android-11.0.0_r0.82' + Linux 4.9.270
    * Update vendor blobs to June (RQ3A.210605.005)
    * Update gapps from RQ3A.210605.005
    * Fix Safety net (CTS)
    * Add exfat support
    * Accent/navbar colors: Fix blue color
    * ActiveEdge improvements
    * Improved translations
    * Power menu background opacity
    * Fix wrong VoLTE/VoWiFi slot detection
    * Fix screenshot sharing with longshot and launcher
    * Quick settings panel: Set transparency
    * Add kill button to notification conversation guts
    * Set notification opacity for smart replies

2021-07-05
    * Security patch level: 2021-07-05 Android 11.0.0 Release 39 (RQ3A.210705.001)
    * Kernel: Merge Linux 4.9.274
    * Update vendor blobs to July (RQ3A.210705.001)
    * Fix google camera to crash when using night sight and possibly other features
    * Correctly handle fastbootd visibility in advanced reboot
    * Add soft reboot option
    * User toggle for recovery option in the advanced reboot menu
    * Introduce OOS Vol Panel
    * Introduce Material (P404 Style) Volume panel
    * Add ShapeShift Volume Panel Style
    * Switch from deldog to katbin for uploading crash logs
    The new build (1.6GB) is here now.
    Hey folks,
    We're back on XDA!

Please wait approx. 30 minutes until the download becomes available...

Have a nice day
    ;)
    576 or 652 Mhz good choice for starters, do not consume more battery option, laid down in the latest edition of the 652 MHz base clock of. But I don't understand why it doesn't allow you to control eg EXkernel manager.
    I have uploaded a patch release to eliminate UI lags (kernel updated). In it I have changed the min cpu frequency of the little cluster to 652 MHz.