[ROM][Pixel 4 XL][10_r41] PixelDust Android 10 for coral [05 August 2020]

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Darn it, I just checked and can confirm this is the case on my Pixel 4 XL running the latest Android 11 build of PixelDust (which had previously been passing by forcing BASIC attestation).
Yeah, Google is pulling their shenanigan's again. I'm basic without even forcing it (on stock rom and kernel) and still failing ctsProfile as of this morning.

Spunkybob

Oct 1, 2010
Kariong
ok so the way i got around it was to root the phone then use magiskhide props config (did I even need to root for this?) and now i pass google store checks and can install the apps.

The only I cannot do is use gpay even though its hidden. :(

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
ok so the way i got around it was to root the phone then use magiskhide props config (did I even need to root for this?) and now i pass google store checks and can install the apps.

The only I cannot do is use gpay even though its hidden. :(
Are you passing safetynet after using MHPC though?

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Feb 16, 2015
NYC / NJ
www.wintelengineer.com
Yeah I can see it now too, it's failing on my 4XL running AOSiP but I'm sure it's just a minor hiccup for now. I have the Netflix and Disney+ latest apks saved from TiB I can share if anyone needs them in the meantime. I don't really care about safetynet except for those two apps so I can wait it out. It's funny, when I made the recommendation, it worked, now this morning it doesn't. It changes quickly

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Feb 16, 2015
NYC / NJ
www.wintelengineer.com
MHPC and forcing basic may not work to pass safetynet anymore, at least for the time being. Google did a server side change overnight where even if you are basic ctsProfile is failing. Not sure if anyone has changed their props successfully to overcome this yet. However, Play Store device certification seems to remain intact at the moment.
Not yet, I've tried all the 4 and 5 fingerprints with and without basic, no change. That being said, the DUO mobile app security checks out OK though and says it passes safetynet when magisk say it fails so I'm wondering what's really going on now. DUO also checks for root and with magisk hide, it's not detected so this is definitely interesting (unless DUO doesn't really check safetynet but that wouldn't make sense since it's a security framework app).

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Not yet, I've tried all the 4 and 5 fingerprints with and without basic, no change. That being said, the DUO mobile app security checks out OK though and says it passes safetynet when magisk say it fails so I'm wondering what's really going on now. DUO also checks for root and with magisk hide, it's not detected so this is definitely interesting (unless DUO doesn't really check safetynet but that wouldn't make sense since it's a security framework app).
kdrag0n figured out what they did... https://github.com/ProtonAOSP/andro...mmit/15633a3d29bf727b83083f2c49d906c16527d389

You can find the Magisk Mod that fixes it over in the Magisk thread. There is one for Android 11 and one floating around that works on both Android 10 & 11, I believe. You shouldn't have to use MHPC after flashing it. Just make sure Magisk Hide is still enabled.

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Feb 16, 2015
NYC / NJ
www.wintelengineer.com
kdrag0n figured out what they did... https://github.com/ProtonAOSP/andro...mmit/15633a3d29bf727b83083f2c49d906c16527d389

You can find the Magisk Mod that fixes it over in the Magisk thread. There is one for Android 11 and one floating around that works on both Android 10 & 11, I believe. You shouldn't have to use MHPC after flashing it. Just make sure Magisk Hide is still enabled.
Yup already resolved, thanks for the heads up though. First thing I did was backup my SD (just in case), then I FULLY removed magisk (uninstalled), rebooted, installed the latest magisk app, redid my boot.img and enabled root. Rebooted then enabled magisk hide, and installed "safetynet-fix-v1.1.0.zip" along with props (only the two modules in my second pic).

I used the new safetynet fix with magiskhide and props config (using pixel 4XL with 11 fingerprint) with basic forced on my 10 ROM and it's back to normal. Screenshot shows the date and time (right now) with safetynet passed in the background.

You may not need to FULLY remove magisk but I did so because I was testing many modules so I didn't want to confuse things or worse, use a module that wasn't needed and isn't confirmed safe (I tried a lot at first and all found on random internet searches) so I felt it safest to wipe magisk data, delete all downloaded modules, remove magisk FULLY and start over safe and freshly.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Yup already resolved, thanks for the heads up though. First thing I did was backup my SD (just in case), then I FULLY removed magisk (uninstalled), rebooted, installed the latest magisk app, redid my boot.img and enabled root. Rebooted then enabled magisk hide, and installed "safetynet-fix-v1.1.0.zip" along with props (only the two modules in my second pic).

I used the new safetynet fix with magiskhide and props config (using pixel 4XL with 11 fingerprint) with basic forced on my 10 ROM and it's back to normal. Screenshot shows the date and time (right now) with safetynet passed in the background.

You may not need to FULLY remove magisk but I did so because I was testing many modules so I didn't want to confuse things or worse, use a module that wasn't needed and isn't confirmed safe (I tried a lot at first and all found on random internet searches) so I felt it safest to wipe magisk data, delete all downloaded modules, remove magisk FULLY and start over safe and freshly.
Glad you got it resolved (y) . Yeah, you can just flash the module without having to do all that other stuff. Shouldn't even need to use props config unless you got other modules, etc. that make it necessary.

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Feb 16, 2015
NYC / NJ
www.wintelengineer.com
Glad you got it resolved (y) . Yeah, you can just flash the module without having to do all that other stuff. Shouldn't even need to use props config unless you got other modules, etc. that make it necessary.
I had to use props, CTS failed until I did. I first started with just the new safetynet-fix, reboot, nope, enabled props, then set to basic using pixel 4 XL fingerprints for 11 (I'm on this ROM so 10 OS), then rebooted and it passes but not until props was enabled and configured. Other than a custom ROM and magisk, I have nothing else installed (no exposed, no custom kernel, nada) nor any other modules except those 2 (props and safetynet-fix) for modules, nothing else, and just root and magisk are installed, but nothing else.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
I had to use props, CTS failed until I did. I first started with just the new safetynet-fix, reboot, nope, enabled props, then set to basic using pixel 4 XL fingerprints for 11 (I'm on this ROM so 10 OS), then rebooted and it passes but not until props was enabled and configured. Other than a custom ROM and magisk, I have nothing else installed (no exposed, no custom kernel, nada) nor any other modules except those 2 (props and safetynet-fix) for modules, nothing else, and just root and magisk are installed, but nothing else.
Ah, so it's the rom that's causing you to use props. Anyway, my main point was about the other stuff, i.e. uninstalling Magisk, etc.. You can just flash the mod without doing all of that.

EDIT: I see someone else already pointed that out in another thread.

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Feb 16, 2015
NYC / NJ
www.wintelengineer.com
Ah, so it's the rom that's causing you to use props. Anyway, my main point was about the other stuff, i.e. uninstalling Magisk, etc.. You can just flash the mod without doing all of that.
No I know, that was more for my sanity/security and noted it probably wasn't needed (full removal of magisk). I did a lot of testing, code revisions, and modules installed so I wanted to get back to basics so I could help others. Before I could do that, I had to first remove everything so it was fresh, but without anything 3rd party, then I started off with 1 change at a time until it worked so I could give the last amount of changes to XDA'ers as possible so it was as easy as can be.

I probably should remove that note because you're not the only one mentioning it (other forums), but the point I was making (which was probably lost because I gave to much info) was to show only what's needed (magisk hide, props, and safetynet-fix). This was needed for my setup because I'm using a custom ROM but others have reported only needing safetynet-fix with magisk hide enabled. I also required props, but not everyone will.

Last edited:

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Feb 16, 2015
NYC / NJ
www.wintelengineer.com
IDK about anyone else, but I'm loving this ROM (but the 10 version). It has just the right amount of extra goodies that I need in a ROM, plus the stability I need, along with the performance and balanced battery life! This ROM is amazing and I've tested all 10 and the few 11 versions available for the 4XL (plus stock+rooted 10 and 11). PD just seems to just work but without any hiccups I've found in over a week of using solely as my DD! I for one and sticking with the 10 as long as possible. Mainly because of the stability and battery life along with TWRP fully working with 10. I'll jump to 11 when TWRP works for 11 and 11 ROMs are more mature. I've tried the 11 version but I'll wait a bit before moving over.

PD is as stable as stock, as stable as DU and all other 10 ROMs. I'm glad I tried PD as I almost didn't. I didn't like the PD version for my 2XL so I figured the 4XL may be the same, but I couldn't have been more wrong! This ROM is excellent!

Reactions: fKm

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

Feb 16, 2015
NYC / NJ
www.wintelengineer.com
FWIW, the 1/22 build of PD 11 has been rock-solid for me! (Granted, I've only been running it for a day and a half, but still...)
Oh cool, thanks for the feedback, I'm planning to try it soon. I made a nandroid of my running 10 yesterday in prep for the test. I love this pixidust 10 ROM, so I'm not in a rush. It runs really really good.

It's amazing how well the same os can run on a pixel 4 XL but didn't run as great on my 2 XL. I almost missed PD because of it and older attempts to use it on my 2xl not going so great but I'm glad I did try it. It's been my DD for some time now and I love it!