[ROM][Pixel 4 XL][11.0] [Clang 13] PixelDust Android 11 for coral

Search This thread

ranasrule

Feb 25, 2007
Lahore
Google Pixel 4 XL
is there any way to go have face unlock activated as soon as as I pick up my phone? Right now when I pick up my phone The screen turns on to show the AOD and I have to tap the screen to fully wake up the device to activate face unlock.

peter768

Hey so I just updated to the latest build and I had the quick pin unlock thing enabled where it attempts to unlock on the 4th digit, but it's not working. Can't unlock the phone now :p What can I do?

Edit: Worked around it by connecting a usb keyboard and pressing enter. I'll try re-enabling it.

Edit 2: Re-enabling it did the trick.

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• Thank you very much for all of your help. I was able to get the ROM flashed.

Firstly, redownloaded fastboot and drivers to successfully downgrade to A11. From there for whatever reason could not get the ROM to flash. I then used the minimal ad/fastboot tool to flash the ROM. But everything is working now without issue.
    Awesome, I'm very glad to hear it finally worked out!!

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• is there any way to go have face unlock activated as soon as as I pick up my phone? Right now when I pick up my phone The screen turns on to show the AOD and I have to tap the screen to fully wake up the device to activate face unlock.
    Mine does just that, I pick it up and face unlocks BUT I disable ALL AOD so that's probably where you get hung up. Without AOD on, it works how you're asking for it to work. I disable AOD for battery reasons but I also don't like it waking my device.

Reactions: ranasrule

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• As far as I know now custom ROM based on A11 supports Motion Sense now. It worked on A10. Feel free to port it to A11. I am not skilled enough for that.
    As far I know, even with LOS Motion Sense doesn't work yet. I haven't tried anything other than PD11 and LOS11 (18.1) for Android 11, but I don't think it works yet anywhere. I could be VERY wrong with this, but I am pretty sure motion sense is not available on custom 11 ROMs yet as its proprietary and hasn't been reversed engineered yet. I for one, could care less, that's one of Google's cool features I don't like or need. Its a battery hog so I disable it no matter what (stock firmware).

ranasrule

Feb 25, 2007
    Lahore
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    Is anyone having issues with Google Assistant launching extremely slowly(almost 4 to 5 seconds) or not opening at all, either via saying "OK Google" or long pressing the home button?

Edit: I even booted into safe mode and tried but the issue still presists.

Last edited:

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• Is anyone having issues with Google Assistant launching extremely slowly(almost 4 to 5 seconds) or not opening at all, either via saying "OK Google" or long pressing the home button?

IDK what to say as I don't often (or really EVER) use Google Assistant (so take this with a grain of salt), that being said, I just "OK Google'd" and it popped right up within no second passed. Meaning it was so instant that not even a single second past (I am trying to use your benchmark to show it works differently for me). I do not have anything funky going on, nor any MAGISK modules, or anything like that, plus I use the default kernel as well, so IDK the differences between us, but it most surely works (at least for me).

One thing to note (and I am not 100% sure this matters or not) as I dont often use GA, BUT I also have the separate "Assistant" installed from the play store (so I dont know if thats why or not):

ranasrule

Feb 25, 2007
    Lahore
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    IDK what to say as I don't often (or really EVER) use Google Assistant (so take this with a grain of salt), that being said, I just "OK Google'd" and it popped right up within no second passed. Meaning it was so instant that not even a single second past (I am trying to use your benchmark to show it works differently for me). I do not have anything funky going on, nor any MAGISK modules, or anything like that, plus I use the default kernel as well, so IDK the differences between us, but it most surely works (at least for me).

One thing to note (and I am not 100% sure this matters or not) as I dont often use GA, BUT I also have the separate "Assistant" installed from the play store (so I dont know if thats why or not):

thanks (as usual) for your reply....would it help if I posted my logcat ?

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• thanks (as usual) for your reply....would it help if I posted my logcat ?
    Honestly, I am not sure because I do not use GA, nor know what to look for. My recommendation would be to wait and see if other users report the same thing, OR if its a fluke for you (or me). It very well could be a global issue for everyone but because it works for me, I would assume it works for everyone. I wouldn't necessarily know about other user's having issues with it (so I would assume it works for everyone) and give false advise not knowingly.

My point is that I do not like giving advice or offer ideas when I cannot reproduce the issue myself. If I did give advice, it could be wrong and cause more damage than good so I tend to try and only help when I can reproduce it, OR if I know the code inside and out and how the app should function. GA isn't one of those apps I know inside and out so I am treading carefully to not give you wrong advice (that wouldn't help you if I did).

Last edited:

ranasrule

Feb 25, 2007
    Lahore
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    Honestly, I am not sure because I do not use GA, nor know what to look for. My recommendation would be to wait and see if other users report the same thing, OR if its a fluke for you (or me). It very well could be a global issue for everyone but because it works for me, I would assume it works for everyone. I wouldn't necessarily know about other user's having issues with it (so I would assume it works for everyone) and give false advise not knowingly.

My point is that I do not like giving advice or offer ideas when I cannot reproduce the issue myself. If I did give advice, it could be wrong and cause more damage than good so I tend to try and only help when I can reproduce it, OR if I know the code inside and out and how the app should function. GA isn't one of those apps I know inside and out so I am treading carefully to not give you wrong advice (that wouldn't help you if I did).
    I understand :)

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• I understand :)
    Its the weirdest thing, literally within an hour of writing my reply that I couldn't reproduce it, I stopped over to visit my daughter in college (real close by to my apartment). As I was waiting for her to come out, I was testing "OK Google" and "Hey google", to see which one worked now (I forget which is used nowadays), and sure enough, it did take a few seconds.

Here is the catch though, I don't know if it was a hearing thing or if its an actual GA issue or not. What I mean by this is, I don't think Google heard me over the noise the first time, and picked up the second test I did a few seconds later, OR if it was the FIRST request popping up 4 or 5 seconds later (if so what happened to the second request) or did it not hear both of them. I am going to test this some more as I cannot get it to reproduce on every attempt, but I can see what you mean (I think).

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• What is Google doing? Now I'm right back to the old version of the play store (and I didn't do anything), this happened all on it's own and safetynet is failing with API error now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-132501_Google_Play_Store.png
      Screenshot_20210415-132501_Google_Play_Store.png
      528.2 KB · Views: 25
    • Screenshot_20210415-132954_Magisk.png
      Screenshot_20210415-132954_Magisk.png
      97.4 KB · Views: 23

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• The SafetyNet Attestation key that John was using was blocked. He got a new API key working and will push an update soon.
    I saw that too right after I posted and hit Twitter for MAGISK, thankfully he fixed it and will push out the update shortly! One issue solved, thanks for the additional confirmation! Thankfully the key issue didn't actually break ROOT or safetynet, just the magisk safetynet checker, but not actual safetynet.

It doesn't explain the play store roll back so I am curious what's up with that.

----EDIT: 5 minutes later, the new play store is back, what the heck Google?!

Attachments

• 4-15-2021 1-58-50 PM.jpg
      4-15-2021 1-58-50 PM.jpg
      99.1 KB · Views: 29
    • Screenshot_20210415-140310_SafetyNet_Checker.png
      Screenshot_20210415-140310_SafetyNet_Checker.png
      245.5 KB · Views: 28
    Last edited:

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
    Delaware
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    is there any way to go have face unlock activated as soon as as I pick up my phone? Right now when I pick up my phone The screen turns on to show the AOD and I have to tap the screen to fully wake up the device to activate face unlock.
    Within Gestures, turn " Lift to check phone" on. That'll wake your device when it detects movement along with the brightness change. It could just be the brightness change that triggers it as well, not 100% sure. I keep this option off.
    Is anyone having issues with Google Assistant launching extremely slowly(almost 4 to 5 seconds) or not opening at all, either via saying "OK Google" or long pressing the home button?

Are you using the old Google UI or trying to use the stock Pixel UI?Screenshot_20210415-191717_Google.png

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• I saw that too right after I posted and hit Twitter for MAGISK, thankfully he fixed it and will push out the update shortly! One issue solved, thanks for the additional confirmation! Thankfully the key issue didn't actually break ROOT or safetynet, just the magisk safetynet checker, but not actual safetynet.

It doesn't explain the play store roll back so I am curious what's up with that.

----EDIT: 5 minutes later, the new play store is back, what the heck Google?!
    John Wu updated the canary build to include the new safetynet key and it's passing again. You'd need to update the app to canary or just wait it out until it reaches production. I never lost ROOT or safetynet, this only affected the MAGISK safetynet API key so it wasn't causing issues as far as I could tell. For that reason, I'd wait it out unless you have a specific need or issue that requires it;

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-081138_Magisk.png
      Screenshot_20210416-081138_Magisk.png
      90.4 KB · Views: 19

Curiousn00b

Dec 3, 2011
    Delaware
    LG G7 ThinQ
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    Newb question.....

When dirty flashing from one month to the next, do I still have to flash the stock factory image for the new month before flashing the latest PixelDust zip?

Thank you
    Nope.

Just boot into bootloader, flash the given boot.img, and then adb sideload in recovery. You will have to restore your custom kernel if you're using one though.

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• Newb question.....

When dirty flashing from one month to the next, do I still have to flash the stock factory image for the new month before flashing the latest PixelDust zip?

Thank you
    Without a working custom recovery (TWRP), you need the boot.img to allow signature bypass in recovery. The only way to flash (without TWRP) is with the recovery provided by the boot.img (so you can sideload without signature mismatch).

Last edited:
    Reactions: Curiousn00b

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      New build with latest security patches was pushed. Changelog is also updated. Have fun!
      Same on my phone. Anyone ever have pulse stop processing? Seem like I remember a solution being Android compatibility patch magisk module but there's quite a few options now when selecting that module. I guess I need to read up.. I use YouTube Vanced (rooted) for music and that's what I'm referring to when I say pulse stopped working.
      (Edit)
      Unfortunately using a mod'd app (youtube vanced) or MAGISK module to overcome an incompatibility moves you into an unsupported territory. That would be 3rd party to the ROM (vanced YouTube) so its not really a ROM issue. I am only mentioning as you might not find the right support here in the ROM forum (is what I mean). You may find better support in the vanced/YouTube forum.

I cannot reproduce it myself as I do not use it, so maybe others do and can help, but I would also reply in that forum's support.
      When update Jun 2021 @fKm ???
      When it is ready. Feel free to do it yourself, sources are there for you to compile...
      banner11spjzm.png

PixelDust ROM is an Android 11 ROM especially built for the current Google Pixel devices and aimed for stability at its core with themes and customizations.

Our philosophy is to offer all the features known from the Google Pixel Factory Images paired with a useful selection of the coolest custom ROM features.

Our project is based off directly from AOSP. We attach great importance to aesthetics, themeability and personalization. For this we have integrated a great selection of space wallpapers and a special theme app (many thanks to Dirty Unicorns for their code base) in the settings of the Android OS.

The PixelDust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.

Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and spezi77. Cheers!

Disclaimer:
      If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

listingoffeaturesnuj5z.png

* Periodic AOSP security updates
      * Vendor image and Pixel GApps included (Please do not flash any third party GApps)
      * Pixel wallpapers
      * PixelDust wallpapers
      * PixelDust Launcher

Theming
      * Additional dark/black themes, Accent colors, Fonts, Icon shapes, Navbar and QS tile styles

Additional QS tiles
      * Always On Display
      * Caffeine
      * Language
      * NFC
      * PixelDust Settings
      * Screenshot (Partial/Full)
      * and many more

Lock screen display
      * Ambient wake gestures
      * Pixel style Ambient music ticker
      * Now Playing support (only Pixel 2 and higher)

Security
      * Lock screen PIN quick unlock
      * Face Unlock

System Gestures
      * Active Edge
      * Swipe fingerprint for notifications
      * Swipe fingerprint left or right to dismiss notifications
      * Volume rocker skips music tracks
      * Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
      * Advanced Gestural navigation settings

Status bar
      * Status bar items
      * Network activity
      * Clock & date settings
      * Battery settings

Quick settings
      * Secure tiles require unlocking
      * Battery percentage
      * Battery estimate
      * Quick QS pulldown
      * QS columns/rows customizations
      * and many more

Buttons
      * Screen off power button torch
      * Volume Settings: Playback control, Volume wake, Volume key cursor

Navigation bar
      * Navbar visibility toggle
      * 3-button navigation options:
      * Layout (normal, compact, left-leaning, right-leaning)
      * Invert layout of Navbar buttons
      * Pixel animation

Gestures
      * Status bar dt2s
      * Lock screen dt2s

Lock screen
      * Battery info
      * Charging animation
      * Lockscreen shortcuts
      * Show/hide quick settings
      * Show/hide status bar
      * Media cover art
      * Media artwork blur level
      * Lock screen charging animation

Power menu
      * Additional Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart

Notifications
      * Less boring heads up
      * Notification sound if active

Misc
      * Pulse for NavBar, LockScreen and Ambient Screen
      * Wake up on charge
      * Rounded corners

Not working:

* Motion Sense

links4rjc1.png

Terms & conditions:
      By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of PixelDust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The PixelDust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.

Downloads:
      * Pixel Dust ROM Android 11 incl. GApps
      * Boot image (must be flashed before each installation process)

socialmedia5ljkh.png

Telegram Discussion Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustcommunity
      Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustproject
      Telegram Build Support Channel: https://t.me/compile_pixeldust
      Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ANtVnW8

installationguidemmkme.png

Pre-requisites:
      * You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
      * You are familiar with using fastboot
      * Bootloader unlocked
      * You have created a backup of your ROM & data

First time installing PixelDust ROM, or coming from another ROM:

YOU MUST HAVE JUNE FACTORY IMAGE!
      1. Flashing stock ROM: Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#coral
      2. Flashing PixelDust ROM:
        • Download the ROM and boot image
        • Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip since we dont have TWRP):
          Code:
          fastboot flash boot boot.img
        • Wipe userdata (required for first PixelDust/Android 11 install):
          Code:
          fastboot erase userdata
        • Reboot into fastbootd:
          Code:
          fastboot reboot fastboot
        • Use volume keys and power button to select "Enter Recovery"
        • Use Power button + volume up to enter Recovery
        • Select "Apply Update from ADB"
        • Sideload the ROM zip:
          Code:
          adb sideload PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-coral-***.zip
        • Reboot
      Dirty flashing PixelDust ROM:

Just skip the step "Wipe userdata"

creditsi9kfj.png

Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, AOSP Extended, BenzoROM, Bootleggers, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, Havoc OS, HentaiOS, LOS, MSM-Xtended Project, OmniROM, Potatoes Project, PureNexus, ProtonAOSP and YAAP, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.

kernelsourceemjy3.png

Source code:
      * Unicornblood kernel (by Dirty Unicorns)
      I recompiled with the latest blobs and stuff and flashed it on my coral. Zero issues.
      I pushed a new build.

If you have any problems atleast try a clean flash after flashing stock before. That worked flawless for me.
      New build with latest security patches was pushed. Changelog is also updated. Have fun!
      New build with march security update was pushed. No FCs or other problems after a short testing by me. Have fun.
      New build with april security update was pushed. Have fun!