[ROM][Pixel 4 XL][11.0] [Clang 13] PixelDust Android 11 for coral

Search This thread

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• Widevine is L3 on my pixel 4 XL running this rom any way to get it back to L1 without factory resetting and going back to stock?
    I havent tried this myself on PD11 so tread carefully. I do not have any streaming issues at the moment (and I use NF/HBOMax/Hulu/Showtime/ETC) but I have in the past. I used this a while ago and on a different Android version and ROM so IDK if it will help, but please review and report back to us the outcome (as always backup everything first just in case). This is for a different device but it worked for my PX2 (I believe it was) or my HTC, I cant remember so be careful:

You also didn't mention what service is being affected. I know there are Netflix APKs floating around that supposedly force L1 and works but I haven't tested or have a clue, just guessing here. I also am not sure if factory resetting will revert it to L1 because it may be in the firmware/ROM as a security update. You may need to wait it out until its fixed upstream by Google.

Last edited:

NewDev4IOS

Sep 1, 2012
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    I havent tried this myself on PD11 so tread carefully. I do not have any streaming issues at the moment (and I use NF/HBOMax/Hulu/Showtime/ETC) but I have in the past. I used this a while ago and on a different Android version and ROM so IDK if it will help, but please review and report back to us the outcome (as always backup everything first just in case). This is for a different device but it worked for my PX2 (I believe it was) or my HTC, I cant remember so be careful:

You also didn't mention what service is being affected. I know there are Netflix APKs floating around that supposedly force L1 and works but I haven't tested or have a clue, just guessing here. I also am not sure if factory resetting will revert it to L1 because it may be in the firmware/ROM as a security update. You may need to wait it out until its fixed upstream by Google.
    It's all services, just tried installing the app fix but app did not install. :(

I might try rooting next, for some reason on stock android I could not install Netflix or Disney+ and some other random apps for some unknown reason, usually if it happens it clears up after a bit and it allows me but it never did so I installed this rom and was able to download the apps but widevine is L3 not L1 which makes everything play in SD which is quite frustrating but I've been dealing with it so far.

If rooting doesn't fix I might factory reset and if it still doesn't work then full reset back to stock.

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• It's all services, just tried installing the app fix but app did not install. :(

I might try rooting next, for some reason on stock android I could not install Netflix or Disney+ and some other random apps for some unknown reason, usually if it happens it clears up after a bit and it allows me but it never did so I installed this rom and was able to download the apps but widevine is L3 not L1 which makes everything play in SD which is quite frustrating but I've been dealing with it so far.

If rooting doesn't fix I might factory reset and if it still doesn't work then full reset back to stock.
    Do you mean they won't show up in the play store so you can't find them? If so that's most likely bootloader unlocked tripping safetynet and play isn't certified. To fix, ROOT with magisk, enabled magiskhide then clear play store data and it will be certified once you pass safetynet then they will show up in the store.

NewDev4IOS

Sep 1, 2012
    Google Pixel 4 XL
    Do you mean they won't show up in the play store so you can't find them? If so that's most likely bootloader unlocked tripping safetynet and play isn't certified. To fix, ROOT with magisk, enabled magiskhide then clear play store data and it will be certified once you pass safetynet then they will show up in the store.
    Thank you, so that's why they would never show up lol

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• Thank you, so that's why they would never show up lol
    NP, it's part of Google's attempt to use safetynet to block apps when insecure (bootloader unlocked / ROOT) but it's only because safetynet trips. Once you pass and are certified (play store), you are seen as secure and official so it removes the block and all apps show up. I deal with it every time I switch ROMs. I forgot to add that you might need to use magisk canary right now because the API key was banned. The new key was added to the canary build.

Last edited:

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• The motion sense works now?
    Why would it now, verses before when it says in the OP it doesn't work (and noted throughout the thread)? I am not trying to be a jerk, but I am more curious why you would think it would work now.

I am not on this ROM right now, but motion sense is proprietary code so its not an easy fix.

Reactions: flash713

blueyes

It's all services, just tried installing the app fix but app did not install. :(

I'm running stock rooted with bootloader unlocked. I flashed the boot image from this ROM (considered flashing the full ROM as I've used it on P1xl and 2xl). While stock rooted with the boot image I was unable to download Netflix and a couple others as they're hidden in playstore. Had this happen before so I self installed them from APK mirror. Wanting to update to the May security update I had to reflash the stock boot (adb sideload fails otherwise as the build.prop in the boot is a mismatch). Anyway after rebooting and rerooting, flashing ElementalX kernel, bootloader still unlocked I'm now able to see those missing apps in the playstore. So a possible fix could simply be flashing the stock boot then a custom kernel if you so choose as this won't change the boots build.prop.

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• I'm running stock rooted with bootloader unlocked. I flashed the boot image from this ROM (considered flashing the full ROM as I've used it on P1xl and 2xl). While stock rooted with the boot image I was unable to download Netflix and a couple others as they're hidden in playstore. Had this happen before so I self installed them from APK mirror. Wanting to update to the May security update I had to reflash the stock boot (adb sideload fails otherwise as the build.prop in the boot is a mismatch). Anyway after rebooting and rerooting, flashing ElementalX kernel, bootloader still unlocked I'm now able to see those missing apps in the playstore. So a possible fix could simply be flashing the stock boot then a custom kernel if you so choose as this won't change the boots build.prop.
    I am not really sure what you did or meant with the stock rooted and using this ROM boot.img. That won't work right unless you're using this ROM. The build.prop is failing because you're using a boot from another ROM and trying to sideload an update so it's detecting an incompatible ROM. To be honest, it makes no sense to use a stock ROM, and change the boot to using a different custom ROMs boot.img.

The NF missing is only because the bootloader is being detected as unlocked and failing safteynet / playstore uncertified. You need to pass safteynet, the easiest way is to magisk hide. All you did was fix the safteynet failure with custom kernel and magisk. An unlocked bootloader will always trip safetynet nowadays. That is the ONLY root cause to NF not showing up.

I wrote the fix a few messages back, fix safetynet with magisk and hide enabled, clear playstore data and you're good to go, NF won't be hidden anymore.

What you're suggesting as a possible solution won't work UNLESS you ALSO relock the bootloader then it won't be detected but not with how you presented it. Your fix was when you re-rooted and now passed safetynet. Relocking the BL is a bad idea so be careful with what you presented as others may read it and soft brick the device (bootloop).

Last edited:

blueyes

I am not really sure what you did or meant with the stock rooted and using this ROM boot.img. That won't work right unless you're using this ROM. The build.prop is failing because you're using a boot from another ROM and trying to sideload an update so it's detecting an incompatible ROM. To be honest, it makes no sense to use a stock ROM, and change the boot to using a different custom ROMs boot.img.

The NF missing is only because the bootloader is being detected as unlocked and failing safteynet / playstore uncertified. You need to pass safteynet, the easiest way is to magisk hide. All you did was fix the safteynet failure with custom kernel and magisk. An unlocked bootloader will always trip safetynet nowadays. That is the ONLY root cause to NF not showing up.

I wrote the fix a few messages back, fix safetynet with magisk and hide enabled, clear playstore data and you're good to go, NF won't be hidden anymore.

What you're suggesting as a possible solution won't work UNLESS you ALSO relock the bootloader then it won't be detected but not with how you presented it. Your fix was when you re-rooted and now passed safetynet. Relocking the BL is a bad idea so be careful with what you presented as others may read it and soft brick the device (bootloop).
    I thought I made it clear the reason behind my flashing this ROMs boot image. Thought about flashing this ROM as I've used it one a couple other devices. Flashed it's boot because it would be necessary to flash this ROM using stock recovery. Just never got around to it. I ran stock WITH THIS BOOT for a month with no issues other than the hidden apps. The boots made for this device so it is compatible. A month of running it proves that. Only when I decided to manually update to the May security update did I flash it back to stock kernel. And kept the stock base kernel. Once I updated I was able to see those apps, bootloader still unlocked. Still able to see them after rooting again. I also never hid magisk in the magisk apps settings, then or now. Nor did I clear the playstore app data. Nor did I ever relock the bootloader (why would I?). I've been at this a while and would never suggest something that hadn't first tried myself. After seeing your post I flashed a stock 2xl boot to my 2xl running Pixel dust. No issues either. You're acting as if I suggested to flash a boot from a totally different device to this one. That would probably cause a problem. Lol

GROOVYJOSHCLARK

• I thought I made it clear the reason behind my flashing this ROMs boot image. Thought about flashing this ROM as I've used it one a couple other devices. Flashed it's boot because it would be necessary to flash this ROM using stock recovery. Just never got around to it. I ran stock WITH THIS BOOT for a month with no issues other than the hidden apps. The boots made for this device so it is compatible. A month of running it proves that. Only when I decided to manually update to the May security update did I flash it back to stock kernel. And kept the stock base kernel. Once I updated I was able to see those apps, bootloader still unlocked. Still able to see them after rooting again. I also never hid magisk in the magisk apps settings, then or now. Nor did I clear the playstore app data. Nor did I ever relock the bootloader (why would I?). I've been at this a while and would never suggest something that hadn't first tried myself. After seeing your post I flashed a stock 2xl boot to my 2xl running Pixel dust. No issues either. You're acting as if I suggested to flash a boot from a totally different device to this one. That would probably cause a problem. Lol
    Well that's what I'm confused about, maybe it was the wording you used but you did say that you're running STOCK. Stock ROM (Google firmware) is how I took that comment, but not PixelDust. Did you mean stock as in PixelDust not rooted (untouched boot.img for PixelDust), OR what you actually said and firmware that came with the device (stock)? I just try to clear up the confusing details for newbs so they don't get the wrong info. Stock usually refers to what Google provided (official firmware).

If you meant stock as in PixelDust boot image, and you're using PixelDust ROM, then yeah that works fine and how it's intended to be used. Your wording is very confusing because you say stock, stock is Google untouched firmware so that's the clarification I'm making.

Regardless, you're solution won't work because of unlocked bootloader. Just root, magisk hide, and clear playstore, but it won't magically work with the BL unlocked and flashing the ROM boot.img.

Also you're using CUSTOM kernel so that removes the stock boot.img with anykernel and would be the ONLY reason a STOCK boot is working with a CUSTOM ROM.

And don't take anything I say as an attack on you. I'm only trying to keep the right info in the forums for other users who need the help but not attacking or being argumentative.

Last edited:

blueyes

Well that's what I'm confused about, maybe it was the wording you used but you did say that you're running STOCK. Stock ROM (Google firmware) is how I took that comment, but not PixelDust. Did you mean stock as in PixelDust not rooted (untouched boot.img for PixelDust), OR what you actually said and firmware that came with the device (stock)? I just try to clear up the confusing details for newbs so they don't get the wrong info. Stock usually refers to what Google provided (official firmware).

If you meant stock as in PixelDust boot image, and you're using PixelDust ROM, then yeah that works fine and how it's intended to be used. Your wording is very confusing because you say stock, stock is Google untouched firmware so that's the clarification I'm making.

Regardless, you're solution won't work because of unlocked bootloader. Just root, magisk hide, and clear playstore, but it won't magically work with the BL unlocked and flashing the ROM boot.img.

Also you're using CUSTOM kernel so that removes the stock boot.img with anykernel and would be the ONLY reason a STOCK boot is working with a CUSTOM ROM.

And don't take anything I say as an attack on you. I'm only trying to keep the right info in the forums for other users who need the help but not attacking or being argumentative.
    Again I thought I was pretty clear the first time when I stated I ran stock android with this pdust boot linked in the thread. I can give you a step by step process if that helps.
    I was running STOCK Android 11 April factory build straight from Google. I thought about flashing this ROM so I downloaded the boot from the op and patched it with magisk. After unlocking the bootloader I then immediately flashed the PD boot image. Rebooted my phone and went through the setup process again as the unlocking wiped it. At this point I'm still running fully stock android 11 April factory build WITH the PD boot image. Never got around to flashing the PD ROM so up until the May factory google update was released I ran the factory ROM with the PD boot without any issues other than missing apps as I previously stated.
    Before updating to the May build I had to flash the stock boot image. After it updated I patched the stock boot and reflshed it gaining root. Immediately after booting back up those missing apps were now present and available in the playstore. No magisk hide, no relocking the bootloader no safety net patches. Having used ElementalX for years I did then use the app to flash Ex. Still no issues with missing apps. (I'm fully aware of how any kernel zips work and they don't effect the symbolically linked default.prop located inside the boot images ramdisk.)
    To summarize , for 1 month ran completely stock aside from the PD boot ran fine but had those missing apps, back to stock boot upon may update. Apps present and available. Never had PixelDust on this phone. Only the boot image.
    This has gone much farther than intended and if you've posted a fix that works for you, I missed it. Wasn't aiming to step on any toes.
    I also don't mean to be argumentative or sound condescending. I don't think we were on the same page and things were getting more complicated than necessary. I do respect you looking out for "newbs" , but having built plenty of ROMs for several devices I would never bring up something that I hadn't tried or tested myself. That would be irresponsible.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      New build with latest security patches was pushed. Changelog is also updated. Have fun!
      When update Jun 2021 @fKm ???
      When it is ready. Feel free to do it yourself, sources are there for you to compile...
      How can I make it a nice download?
      Download again with a stable connection?!
      banner11spjzm.png

PixelDust ROM is an Android 11 ROM especially built for the current Google Pixel devices and aimed for stability at its core with themes and customizations.

Our philosophy is to offer all the features known from the Google Pixel Factory Images paired with a useful selection of the coolest custom ROM features.

Our project is based off directly from AOSP. We attach great importance to aesthetics, themeability and personalization. For this we have integrated a great selection of space wallpapers and a special theme app (many thanks to Dirty Unicorns for their code base) in the settings of the Android OS.

The PixelDust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.

Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and spezi77. Cheers!

Disclaimer:
      If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

listingoffeaturesnuj5z.png

* Periodic AOSP security updates
      * Vendor image and Pixel GApps included (Please do not flash any third party GApps)
      * Pixel wallpapers
      * PixelDust wallpapers
      * PixelDust Launcher

Theming
      * Additional dark/black themes, Accent colors, Fonts, Icon shapes, Navbar and QS tile styles

Additional QS tiles
      * Always On Display
      * Caffeine
      * Language
      * NFC
      * PixelDust Settings
      * Screenshot (Partial/Full)
      * and many more

Lock screen display
      * Ambient wake gestures
      * Pixel style Ambient music ticker
      * Now Playing support (only Pixel 2 and higher)

Security
      * Lock screen PIN quick unlock
      * Face Unlock

System Gestures
      * Active Edge
      * Swipe fingerprint for notifications
      * Swipe fingerprint left or right to dismiss notifications
      * Volume rocker skips music tracks
      * Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
      * Advanced Gestural navigation settings

Status bar
      * Status bar items
      * Network activity
      * Clock & date settings
      * Battery settings

Quick settings
      * Secure tiles require unlocking
      * Battery percentage
      * Battery estimate
      * Quick QS pulldown
      * QS columns/rows customizations
      * and many more

Buttons
      * Screen off power button torch
      * Volume Settings: Playback control, Volume wake, Volume key cursor

Navigation bar
      * Navbar visibility toggle
      * 3-button navigation options:
      * Layout (normal, compact, left-leaning, right-leaning)
      * Invert layout of Navbar buttons
      * Pixel animation

Gestures
      * Status bar dt2s
      * Lock screen dt2s

Lock screen
      * Battery info
      * Charging animation
      * Lockscreen shortcuts
      * Show/hide quick settings
      * Show/hide status bar
      * Media cover art
      * Media artwork blur level
      * Lock screen charging animation

Power menu
      * Additional Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart

Notifications
      * Less boring heads up
      * Notification sound if active

Misc
      * Pulse for NavBar, LockScreen and Ambient Screen
      * Wake up on charge
      * Rounded corners

Not working:

* Motion Sense

links4rjc1.png

Terms & conditions:
      By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of PixelDust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The PixelDust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.

Downloads:
      * Pixel Dust ROM Android 11 incl. GApps
      * Boot image (must be flashed before each installation process)

socialmedia5ljkh.png

Telegram Discussion Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustcommunity
      Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustproject
      Telegram Build Support Channel: https://t.me/compile_pixeldust
      Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ANtVnW8

installationguidemmkme.png

Pre-requisites:
      * You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
      * You are familiar with using fastboot
      * Bootloader unlocked
      * You have created a backup of your ROM & data

First time installing PixelDust ROM, or coming from another ROM:

YOU MUST HAVE JUNE FACTORY IMAGE!
      1. Flashing stock ROM: Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#coral
      2. Flashing PixelDust ROM:
        • Download the ROM and boot image
        • Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip since we dont have TWRP):
          Code:
          fastboot flash boot boot.img
        • Wipe userdata (required for first PixelDust/Android 11 install):
          Code:
          fastboot erase userdata
        • Reboot into fastbootd:
          Code:
          fastboot reboot fastboot
        • Use volume keys and power button to select "Enter Recovery"
        • Use Power button + volume up to enter Recovery
        • Select "Apply Update from ADB"
        • Sideload the ROM zip:
          Code:
          adb sideload PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-coral-***.zip
        • Reboot
      Dirty flashing PixelDust ROM:

Just skip the step "Wipe userdata"

creditsi9kfj.png

Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, AOSP Extended, BenzoROM, Bootleggers, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, Havoc OS, HentaiOS, LOS, MSM-Xtended Project, OmniROM, Potatoes Project, PureNexus, ProtonAOSP and YAAP, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.

kernelsourceemjy3.png

Source code:
      * Unicornblood kernel (by Dirty Unicorns)
      I recompiled with the latest blobs and stuff and flashed it on my coral. Zero issues.
      I pushed a new build.

If you have any problems atleast try a clean flash after flashing stock before. That worked flawless for me.
      New build with latest security patches was pushed. Changelog is also updated. Have fun!
      New build with march security update was pushed. No FCs or other problems after a short testing by me. Have fun.
      New build with april security update was pushed. Have fun!