[ROM][Pixel 4 XL][11.0] [Clang 13] PixelDust Android 11 for coral

Search This thread
Looks like a newer build since yesterday . Same date with a 2059 number. Appreciate all you guys! I got to test with a few others when A10 rolled for Taimen and now with my coral. So far so good too!

Same here, I used PD on my Pixel 2XL, and now again on my 4XL, PD just works and works well!

Reactions: Darian71

chopt51

Jun 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6a
Google Pixel 7
Looks like a newer build since yesterday . Same date with a 2059 number. Appreciate all you guys! I got to test with a few others when A10 rolled for Taimen and now with my coral. So far so good too!

Do you know if the google assistant 2.0 overlay is working? I'm on the last build and then you long press for assistant there is nothing on the screen, but I think it's still kind of working in the background.

Reactions: Darian71

Curiousn00b

Do you know if the google assistant 2.0 overlay is working? I'm on the last build and then you long press for assistant there is nothing on the screen, but I think it's still kind of working in the background.
If you add a secondary language to Google Assistant that the newer one isn't supported, it'll use the older look correctly so you can see it.

xChowderrrx

May 10, 2011
If you add a secondary language to Google Assistant that the newer one isn't supported, it'll use the older look correctly so you can see it.

Aha! That saved the day! Thank you so much.

I've been using this ROM for about a week now, and I love it! It is so smooth and enjoyable to use. Though I did start noticing today that sometimes after a phone call, a process will stop responding. I didn't initially recognize which process it was and didn't have time to look into to it because I was at work. Next time I see it I will attempt to get more information and report back. Other than that and the assistant issue, this ROM has been a pleasure to use. Thank you all so much for your work on this!!

fKm

Jan 7, 2011
Schuettorf
Aha! That saved the day! Thank you so much.

I've been using this ROM for about a week now, and I love it! It is so smooth and enjoyable to use. Though I did start noticing today that sometimes after a phone call, a process will stop responding. I didn't initially recognize which process it was and didn't have time to look into to it because I was at work. Next time I see it I will attempt to get more information and report back. Other than that and the assistant issue, this ROM has been a pleasure to use. Thank you all so much for your work on this!!
This will probably be fixed in the next build. March update is ready but I don't have the newest blobs right now. Maybe I will push it at the weekend.

I finally moved to PD 11 as my daily driver (from PD 10), and I'm very pleased with it! I have been running it for about a week now and it's amazing! I was worried the battery life wouldn't holdup, but it does (once I disabled all start-up apps and services I don't care about). I'm getting really good battery life (1 day +17 hours give or take an hour or so) but that's REALLY good for an 11 ROM! I tested PD 11 many times but it wasn't until last week that I actually moved from PD 10 to PD 11 and I'm really glad I did!

Well done FKM!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-163653_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210308-163653_Settings.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 66

WhiteReign

Apr 15, 2011
When installing I get " Failed to read command: No error " did a clean install and everything.

When installing I get " Failed to read command: No error " did a clean install and everything.

Well without pics, or errors, or logs, its damn near impossible to troubleshoot. That being said, I went through a clean / fresh install just yesterday morning (post above yours) and it worked perfectly fine and without a single hiccup. I followed the steps to a T and it worked exactly as it should.

Have you tried a different USB C cable? Can you share your process, or logs, or errors, or a picture? Anything to help us help you more? Did you boot the boot.img, enter recovery, enable sideload, push the ROM exactly as outlined?

Last edited:

WhiteReign

Apr 15, 2011
Well without pics, or errors, or logs, its damn near impossible to troubleshoot. That being said, I went through a clean / fresh install just yesterday morning (post above yours) and it worked perfectly fine and without a single hiccup. I followed the steps to a T and it worked exactly as it should.

Have you tried a different USB C cable? Can you share your process, or logs, or errors, or a picture? Anything to help us help you more? Did you boot the boot.img, enter recovery, enable sideload, push the ROM exactly as outlined?

I followed the steps to a T just as I did last time. I used 11.0.0 (RQ2A.210305.006, Mar 2021) and 11.0.0 (RQ1A.210205.004, Feb 2021) I am not sure why it stops at 47% every time with that error. I even downloaded the rom 3 times just incase it was from that

I followed the steps to a T just as I did last time. I used 11.0.0 (RQ2A.210305.006, Mar 2021) and 11.0.0 (RQ1A.210205.004, Feb 2021) I am not sure why it stops at 47% every time with that error. I even downloaded the rom 3 times just incase it was from that

If you are using the latest found on SourceForge (PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-coral-user-20210226-2059.zip), then you need RQ1A.210205.004 firmware. I am unsure of what you meant with the March firmware, dont use March at all, its to high of a firmware for the current ROM release. Only the RQ1A.210205.004 firmware (unless the dev says otherwise). I always use and follow what is in the METADATA file (picture shows what I mean) if unsure (or if the right firmware wasn't specified, but it is in the OP). Again, you didn't give any info of the install process used or pic(s) of the error that would help me isolate what is failing for you and where/why, so I am guessing. This is what I do (after backing up EVERYTHING on the SD and MMS/TXT):

First I set the active slot to A
Run through the firmware with -w left intact (RQ1A.210205.004)
When it wipes userdata, I get ready and as soon as it reboots, I hold the power + up volume to interrupt and enter BL
Then I set active slot to B
Run through the firmware with the -w left intact (RQ1A.210205.004)
Once the B side is completed, I let it boot, go through a quick setup and bypass everything (Google account, pin,ETC). Then I reboot to BL, set slot B active, and flash the correct boot.img (dev recommended version and found on SF), enter recovery and ADB sideload the ROM.

I do both slots so I reset all partition table layouts on both slots, and by doing both, I know if theres an issue, I can use the other slot because its fresh. You dont have to do both slots (A/B) but I do and it works for me so I offer what works and has been tested thoroughly.

It sounds like to me, your failure is in the transfer which could be ADB, ADB drivers, USB cable, or failing USB port, any one of those could cause hiccups so I would reset the device (go through stock firmware with -W), then use a different USB cable, and make sure my ADB is updated and try again.

I am not trying to be argumentative with my questions or comments (lack of info), but trying to help you so let me know how it goes and dont take me wrong please. The full path to the METADATA file is this:

ROM.zip\META-INF\com\android\metadata

*****EDIT*****
FKM just released the March update, so what I said above is void now, use the March firmware. Apologies, it was updated as I was writing my reply so follow the OP.
*****EDIT*****

Attachments

• 3-9-2021 1-26-28 PM.jpg
    3-9-2021 1-26-28 PM.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Okay, still the DeviceHealth FC. Gonna check if I can iron that out.

I haven't gotten this FC on the 20210226 build (actually I get NO FCs). I will let you know if it happens under the March build.

Dirty flash worked perfect!

*****EDIT***** I did get a FC now on Device Health (but never have before) so it looks like in the March ROM it was introduced, at least to me and my setup.

I froze 'device health services adapter' with TiB and it's stopped without any issues so far.

Attachments

• 3-9-2021 3-38-16 PM.jpg
    3-9-2021 3-38-16 PM.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20210309-160443_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210309-160443_Settings.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: fKm and KingMike67

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
I went into all apps and cleared storage on Device Health and Pixel Tips yesterday and had no FC warnings since. Checked data/system/dropbox this morning and no entries since yesterday on those apps either.

I went into all apps and cleared storage on Device Health and Pixel Tips yesterday and had no FC warnings since. Checked data/system/dropbox this morning and no entries since yesterday on those apps either.

Try rebooting, I had it stable for a while as well (my original report was no FCs but I hadn't rebooted or given enough time). It was fine until I rebooted then it returned (until I froze the health driver). Since freezing the driver, no further FCs and I've rebooted a few times.

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
Try rebooting, I had it stable for a while as well (my original report was no FCs but I hadn't rebooted or given enough time). It was fine until I rebooted then it returned (until I froze the health driver). Since freezing the driver, no further FCs and I've rebooted a few times.
Yup. Started showing up again a few hours ago. I disabled it this time lol. Found a few short txt logs in dropbox if they'll help @fKm

Attachments

• Health ServicesPixel Tips etc.logs.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: fKm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner11spjzm.png

PixelDust ROM is an Android 11 ROM especially built for the current Google Pixel devices and aimed for stability at its core with themes and customizations.

Our philosophy is to offer all the features known from the Google Pixel Factory Images paired with a useful selection of the coolest custom ROM features.

Our project is based off directly from AOSP. We attach great importance to aesthetics, themeability and personalization. For this we have integrated a great selection of space wallpapers and a special theme app (many thanks to Dirty Unicorns for their code base) in the settings of the Android OS.

The PixelDust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.

Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and spezi77. Cheers!

Disclaimer:
    If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

listingoffeaturesnuj5z.png

* Periodic AOSP security updates
    * Vendor image and Pixel GApps included (Please do not flash any third party GApps)
    * Pixel wallpapers
    * PixelDust wallpapers
    * PixelDust Launcher

Theming
    * Additional dark/black themes, Accent colors, Fonts, Icon shapes, Navbar and QS tile styles

Additional QS tiles
    * Always On Display
    * Caffeine
    * Language
    * NFC
    * PixelDust Settings
    * Screenshot (Partial/Full)
    * and many more

Lock screen display
    * Ambient wake gestures
    * Pixel style Ambient music ticker
    * Now Playing support (only Pixel 2 and higher)

Security
    * Lock screen PIN quick unlock
    * Face Unlock

System Gestures
    * Active Edge
    * Swipe fingerprint for notifications
    * Swipe fingerprint left or right to dismiss notifications
    * Volume rocker skips music tracks
    * Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
    * Advanced Gestural navigation settings

Status bar
    * Status bar items
    * Network activity
    * Clock & date settings
    * Battery settings

Quick settings
    * Secure tiles require unlocking
    * Battery percentage
    * Battery estimate
    * Quick QS pulldown
    * QS columns/rows customizations
    * and many more

Buttons
    * Screen off power button torch
    * Volume Settings: Playback control, Volume wake, Volume key cursor

Navigation bar
    * Navbar visibility toggle
    * 3-button navigation options:
    * Layout (normal, compact, left-leaning, right-leaning)
    * Invert layout of Navbar buttons
    * Pixel animation

Gestures
    * Status bar dt2s
    * Lock screen dt2s

Lock screen
    * Battery info
    * Charging animation
    * Lockscreen shortcuts
    * Show/hide quick settings
    * Show/hide status bar
    * Media cover art
    * Media artwork blur level
    * Lock screen charging animation

Power menu
    * Additional Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart

Notifications
    * Less boring heads up
    * Notification sound if active

Misc
    * Pulse for NavBar, LockScreen and Ambient Screen
    * Wake up on charge
    * Rounded corners

Not working:

* Motion Sense

links4rjc1.png

Terms & conditions:
    By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of PixelDust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The PixelDust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.

Downloads:
    * Pixel Dust ROM Android 11 incl. GApps
    * Boot image (must be flashed before each installation process)

socialmedia5ljkh.png

Telegram Discussion Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustcommunity
    Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustproject
    Telegram Build Support Channel: https://t.me/compile_pixeldust
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ANtVnW8

installationguidemmkme.png

Pre-requisites:
    * You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
    * You are familiar with using fastboot
    * Bootloader unlocked
    * You have created a backup of your ROM & data

First time installing PixelDust ROM, or coming from another ROM:

YOU MUST HAVE AUGUST FACTORY IMAGE!
    1. Flashing stock ROM: Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#coral
    2. Flashing PixelDust ROM:
      • Download the ROM and boot image
      • Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip since we dont have TWRP):
        Code:
        fastboot flash boot boot.img
      • Wipe userdata (required for first PixelDust/Android 11 install):
        Code:
        fastboot erase userdata
      • Reboot into fastbootd:
        Code:
        fastboot reboot fastboot
      • Use volume keys and power button to select "Enter Recovery"
      • Use Power button + volume up to enter Recovery
      • Select "Apply Update from ADB"
      • Sideload the ROM zip:
        Code:
        adb sideload PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-coral-***.zip
      • Reboot
    Dirty flashing PixelDust ROM:

Just skip the step "Wipe userdata"

creditsi9kfj.png

Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, AOSP Extended, BenzoROM, Bootleggers, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, Havoc OS, HentaiOS, LOS, MSM-Xtended Project, OmniROM, Potatoes Project, PureNexus, ProtonAOSP and YAAP, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.

kernelsourceemjy3.png

Source code:
    * Unicornblood kernel (by Dirty Unicorns)
    I recompiled with the latest blobs and stuff and flashed it on my coral. Zero issues.
    I pushed a new build.

If you have any problems atleast try a clean flash after flashing stock before. That worked flawless for me.
    New build with latest security patches was pushed. Changelog is also updated. Have fun!
    New build with march security update was pushed. No FCs or other problems after a short testing by me. Have fun.
    New build with april security update was pushed. Have fun!