[ROM][Pixel 4 XL][11.0] [Clang 13] PixelDust Android 11 for coral

Search This thread

zangxx66

Feb 22, 2014
I also never saw this. I recommend a clean flash.
uh...I checked the logs.
Falied to read /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone62/tmp: Invalid argument
Falied to read /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone63/tmp: Invalid argument
Falied to read /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone64/tmp: Invalid argument
Falied to read /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone65/tmp: Invalid argument
Falied to read /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone66/tmp: Invalid argument
Falied to read /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone67/tmp: Invalid argument
Falied to read /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone68/tmp: Invalid argument

Ejay Soe

Mar 6, 2014
Yangon
How to root pixel dust. I flashed magisk patched image . My phone not booted and the devices is corrupt.
What should I do?
Please

Curiousn00b

How to root pixel dust. I flashed magisk patched image . My phone not booted and the devices is corrupt.
What should I do?
Please
Using Magisk Canary, patch the latest boot.img in the OP, then flash the patched image, boot up and open Magisk. Should work fine then.

You may have to clean flash. If you're trying to recover your data before clean flashing, you could dirty flash stock by removing -w in the script to avoid wiping the device to see if it still boots fine.

zangxx66

Feb 22, 2014
I have to clean flash.I noticed one thing.Even if I erase the data but adb sideload command run 94% still has a error info called failed to read command: no error

I have to clean flash.I noticed one thing.Even if I erase the data but adb sideload command run 94% still has a error info called failed to read command: no error
I get that almost every ROM I deploy on my PX4 XL, its normal and noted numerous places to ignore it (check out LOS install guide), they show it as well. If it boots and didnt error out (meaning it says no error), you can safely ignore it so try booting, if it boots normally, you are solid:

Attachments

• 6-18-2021 9-50-41 AM.jpg
    6-18-2021 9-50-41 AM.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 39

zangxx66

Feb 22, 2014

Ejay Soe

Mar 6, 2014
Yangon
Using Magisk Canary, patch the latest boot.img in the OP, then flash the patched image, boot up and open Magisk. Should work fine then.

You may have to clean flash. If you're trying to recover your data before clean flashing, you could dirty flash stock by removing -w in the script to avoid wiping the device to see if it still boots fine.
Edit:
It's works now with canary app.
Thanks

I did same. But I use magisk 23. I didn't try magisk canary version.

Last edited:
Ok.I will try to reroot
Well now I am confused, because you said it was a 47% error on the sideload process, this is only done on the initial install OR an update, but nothing to do with ROOT. Can you clarify the re-ROOT comment, what did you mean? If the sideload process says "adb: failed to read command" then boot it and its good to go and works, its done and successful. You shouldn't need to re-ROOT anything to fix this, you only need to ROOT if/when you wish to have a ROOT'd device, but re-ROOT'ing is not part of the install (ADB sideload).

zangxx66

Feb 22, 2014
Well now I am confused, because you said it was a 47% error on the sideload process, this is only done on the initial install OR an update, but nothing to do with ROOT. Can you clarify the re-ROOT comment, what did you mean? If the sideload process says "adb: failed to read command" then boot it and its good to go and works, its done and successful. You shouldn't need to re-ROOT anything to fix this, you only need to ROOT if/when you wish to have a ROOT'd device, but re-ROOT'ing is not part of the install (ADB sideload).
Root can't start properly after install the update, and flash the unmodified boot doesn't solve the problem, so I try to restart sideload

Root can't start properly after install the update, and flash the unmodified boot doesn't solve the problem, so I try to restart sideload
OIC what you meant, yes, that is by design. When you dirty the update, it also replaced the boot.img with stock (update). This is why you lost ROOT, your patched boot.img was restored with the update. This happens to me with every dirty, and anyone who dirties an update. Sorry, I didn't get what you meant with the wording, but this is to be expected. You will always have to re-root an update when the boot.img is part of the update (which almost all ROMs are, if not all ROMs) so expect to patch the boot.img with an update if you wish to retain ROOT. Make sure you are using the newer boot.img to patch, the one from the updated ROM but not the original ROM's boot.img (before you updated it). Patch it in MAGISK, then fastboot the ROOT'd boot.img, and reboot, you will have root then.

Last edited:

Prey521

Aug 28, 2007
New Caney, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Anyone else experiencing an issue with the Google Phone app refusing to close after a call is hung up? I've been having this problem for about a month, so I decided to factory reset and start from scratch with PD and the June update.

After a call, no matter how many times I press the Hang Up button, that screen will not disappear even though the person on the other end has already hung up. I can swipe the screen away and use other apps, but the Google Phone app will remain in the notifications and if I press on it, it opens as if the call was still active. The only way to make it go away is if I restart the phone.

Any ideas? This happens almost every time I end a call and it's pretty frustrating since the phone itself thinks that there's an active call and I can't use Bluetooth audio in my car or record a video with sound.

Thank you

Ejay Soe

Mar 6, 2014
Yangon
Anyone else experiencing an issue with the Google Phone app refusing to close after a call is hung up? I've been having this problem for about a month, so I decided to factory reset and start from scratch with PD and the June update.

After a call, no matter how many times I press the Hang Up button, that screen will not disappear even though the person on the other end has already hung up. I can swipe the screen away and use other apps, but the Google Phone app will remain in the notifications and if I press on it, it opens as if the call was still active. The only way to make it go away is if I restart the phone.

Any ideas? This happens almost every time I end a call and it's pretty frustrating since the phone itself thinks that there's an active call and I can't use Bluetooth audio in my car or record a video with sound.

Thank you
I don't have any issue.

Curiousn00b

Thank you
I've been experiencing this issue. It's quite a weird one because it's not an every single call thing, but seems like every 2-3 calls it'll pop up.

Yesterday, I hung out while making food and noticed the call kept going about 8 minutes later thinking my father forgot to hang up, but really, the call was ended and it was just stuck on the process of it. 🤔

I think it's the reason I've been getting weird audio issues as well. Been noticing my volume buttons only controlling the phone call volume or strictly coming out the earpiece as well.

Thank you
YES! It happens to me on Bliss as well, its not ROM related, but something weird with Google phone I believe. I am on Verizon, so IDK if its just the phone app, or also the provider and phone app.

Prey521

Aug 28, 2007
New Caney, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've been experiencing this issue. It's quite a weird one because it's not an every single call thing, but seems like every 2-3 calls it'll pop up.

Yesterday, I hung out while making food and noticed the call kept going about 8 minutes later thinking my father forgot to hang up, but really, the call was ended and it was just stuck on the process of it. 🤔

I think it's the reason I've been getting weird audio issues as well. Been noticing my volume buttons only controlling the phone call volume or strictly coming out the earpiece as well.

Yep, when the Phone app gets hung up like that, it takes over your audio controls and messes everything up. Only way to fix is a reboot.

YES! It happens to me on Bliss as well, its not ROM related, but something weird with Google phone I believe. I am on Verizon, so IDK if its just the phone app, or also the provider and phone app.

I'm on TMobile. I thought that maybe it was an issue with Google Voice. I uninstalled the Voice app but it still did the same thing. It's super frustrating!

Reactions: AlkaliV2
Yep, when the Phone app gets hung up like that, it takes over your audio controls and messes everything up. Only way to fix is a reboot.

I'm on TMobile. I thought that maybe it was an issue with Google Voice. I uninstalled the Voice app but it still did the same thing. It's super frustrating!
yeah its pissing me off too, and I thought it was something I setup wrong (I test everything, all options, all ROM features, ETC), so I thought maybe it was setting I changed and forgot to undo, or enabling WiFi calling but with firewalling the verizon app and all services causing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner11spjzm.png

PixelDust ROM is an Android 11 ROM especially built for the current Google Pixel devices and aimed for stability at its core with themes and customizations.

Our philosophy is to offer all the features known from the Google Pixel Factory Images paired with a useful selection of the coolest custom ROM features.

Our project is based off directly from AOSP. We attach great importance to aesthetics, themeability and personalization. For this we have integrated a great selection of space wallpapers and a special theme app (many thanks to Dirty Unicorns for their code base) in the settings of the Android OS.

The PixelDust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.

Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and spezi77. Cheers!

Disclaimer:
    If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

listingoffeaturesnuj5z.png

* Periodic AOSP security updates
    * Vendor image and Pixel GApps included (Please do not flash any third party GApps)
    * Pixel wallpapers
    * PixelDust wallpapers
    * PixelDust Launcher

Theming
    * Additional dark/black themes, Accent colors, Fonts, Icon shapes, Navbar and QS tile styles

Additional QS tiles
    * Always On Display
    * Caffeine
    * Language
    * NFC
    * PixelDust Settings
    * Screenshot (Partial/Full)
    * and many more

Lock screen display
    * Ambient wake gestures
    * Pixel style Ambient music ticker
    * Now Playing support (only Pixel 2 and higher)

Security
    * Lock screen PIN quick unlock
    * Face Unlock

System Gestures
    * Active Edge
    * Swipe fingerprint for notifications
    * Swipe fingerprint left or right to dismiss notifications
    * Volume rocker skips music tracks
    * Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
    * Advanced Gestural navigation settings

Status bar
    * Status bar items
    * Network activity
    * Clock & date settings
    * Battery settings

Quick settings
    * Secure tiles require unlocking
    * Battery percentage
    * Battery estimate
    * Quick QS pulldown
    * QS columns/rows customizations
    * and many more

Buttons
    * Screen off power button torch
    * Volume Settings: Playback control, Volume wake, Volume key cursor

Navigation bar
    * Navbar visibility toggle
    * 3-button navigation options:
    * Layout (normal, compact, left-leaning, right-leaning)
    * Invert layout of Navbar buttons
    * Pixel animation

Gestures
    * Status bar dt2s
    * Lock screen dt2s

Lock screen
    * Battery info
    * Charging animation
    * Lockscreen shortcuts
    * Show/hide quick settings
    * Show/hide status bar
    * Media cover art
    * Media artwork blur level
    * Lock screen charging animation

Power menu
    * Additional Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart

Notifications
    * Less boring heads up
    * Notification sound if active

Misc
    * Pulse for NavBar, LockScreen and Ambient Screen
    * Wake up on charge
    * Rounded corners

Not working:

* Motion Sense

links4rjc1.png

Terms & conditions:
    By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of PixelDust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The PixelDust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.

Downloads:
    * Pixel Dust ROM Android 11 incl. GApps
    * Boot image (must be flashed before each installation process)

socialmedia5ljkh.png

Telegram Discussion Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustcommunity
    Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustproject
    Telegram Build Support Channel: https://t.me/compile_pixeldust
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ANtVnW8

installationguidemmkme.png

Pre-requisites:
    * You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
    * You are familiar with using fastboot
    * Bootloader unlocked
    * You have created a backup of your ROM & data

First time installing PixelDust ROM, or coming from another ROM:

YOU MUST HAVE AUGUST FACTORY IMAGE!
    1. Flashing stock ROM: Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#coral
    2. Flashing PixelDust ROM:
      • Download the ROM and boot image
      • Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip since we dont have TWRP):
        Code:
        fastboot flash boot boot.img
      • Wipe userdata (required for first PixelDust/Android 11 install):
        Code:
        fastboot erase userdata
      • Reboot into fastbootd:
        Code:
        fastboot reboot fastboot
      • Use volume keys and power button to select "Enter Recovery"
      • Use Power button + volume up to enter Recovery
      • Select "Apply Update from ADB"
      • Sideload the ROM zip:
        Code:
        adb sideload PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-coral-***.zip
      • Reboot
    Dirty flashing PixelDust ROM:

Just skip the step "Wipe userdata"

creditsi9kfj.png

Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, AOSP Extended, BenzoROM, Bootleggers, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, Havoc OS, HentaiOS, LOS, MSM-Xtended Project, OmniROM, Potatoes Project, PureNexus, ProtonAOSP and YAAP, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.

kernelsourceemjy3.png

Source code:
    * Unicornblood kernel (by Dirty Unicorns)
    I recompiled with the latest blobs and stuff and flashed it on my coral. Zero issues.
    I pushed a new build.

If you have any problems atleast try a clean flash after flashing stock before. That worked flawless for me.
    New build with latest security patches was pushed. Changelog is also updated. Have fun!
    New build with march security update was pushed. No FCs or other problems after a short testing by me. Have fun.
    New build with april security update was pushed. Have fun!