[ROM][Pixel 4 XL][11.0] [Clang 13] PixelDust Android 11 for coral

Search This thread
And i tried this and still not working, getting same error on ADB SIDELOAD
All, please do not troubleshoot or address the 47% issue, this is well known and explained everywhere. This is not a ROM, KERNEL, or even an Android issue, but an ADB failing to read through the transfer speed and the overall process status so it cant return valid information (thus failed to read error with no error). I believe it comes down to Google's firmware (author of ADB) using a faster 2X (or 2.1X) transfer speed to install than ROMs use (single 1X transfer). This causes the process to fail to read the overall status, thus errors on 47% with "NO ERROR" since it cant determine the correct status. Again, this is not an error, this is well known as a usual install bug.

The only time you need to concern is if it didn't boot. If it didn't boot, then you have another issue, but there is no need, no purpose, nor worth wasting time/effort to explain this or troubleshoot this as its not an issue unless you cant boot. Otherwise it installed normally and this is well known everywhere for the PX4/4XL and ABD.

Here is the LOS verbiage showing this as well, so you can ignore it, unless you cant boot. I am only showing LOS because its so well known, most users just trust their word, so this is the only reason I note it. Remember, its only an issue if you cant boot, then you know something else is wrong, but having the ADB SIDELOAD stop at 47% with "no error" is normal. Any troubleshooting is a waste of time on everyone's part so this is why I am suggesting we all ignore this type of question in the future (both users, devs, and helpers):

All of that being said, if you cannot boot, then its an issue, and tell us what the status is (or error), or logcat, or something to help us help you, otherwise there is nothing further to do.

Attachments

• 7-26-2021 7-42-45 AM.jpg
    7-26-2021 7-42-45 AM.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: flash713 and fKm

orbirixx

May 29, 2015
Guadalajara
All, please do not troubleshoot or address the 47% issue, this is well known and explained everywhere. This is not a ROM, KERNEL, or even an Android issue, but an ADB failing to read through the transfer speed and the overall process status so it cant return valid information (thus failed to read error with no error). I believe it comes down to Google's firmware (author of ADB) using a faster 2X (or 2.1X) transfer speed to install than ROMs use (single 1X transfer). This causes the process to fail to read the overall status, thus errors on 47% with "NO ERROR" since it cant determine the correct status. Again, this is not an error, this is well known as a usual install bug.

The only time you need to concern is if it didn't boot. If it didn't boot, then you have another issue, but there is no need, no purpose, nor worth wasting time/effort to explain this or troubleshoot this as its not an issue unless you cant boot. Otherwise it installed normally and this is well known everywhere for the PX4/4XL and ABD.

Here is the LOS verbiage showing this as well, so you can ignore it, unless you cant boot. I am only showing LOS because its so well known, most users just trust their word, so this is the only reason I note it. Remember, its only an issue if you cant boot, then you know something else is wrong, but having the ADB SIDELOAD stop at 47% with "no error" is normal. Any troubleshooting is a waste of time on everyone's part so this is why I am suggesting we all ignore this type of question in the future (both users, devs, and helpers):

All of that being said, if you cannot boot, then its an issue, and tell us what the status is (or error), or logcat, or something to help us help you, otherwise there is nothing further to do.

That's not true, because booted June factory image, not Pixel Dust ROM. So the ROM isn't installed.

That's not true, because booted June factory image, not Pixel Dust ROM. So the ROM isn't installed.
OK, but I think you overlooked or misunderstood everything I wrote. Without a single log / catlog, or an error in the boot process (explaining what is happening / or not happening), or by not sharing the ADB install process results or failing results, we cant help. Stating the ROM doesn't boot because of so and so, without any type of log, catlog, screenshot or output, means there's no way to help. This could be anything from a wrong boot SLOT selected (change boot slot and test), to a true ADB install issue, to a USB cable issue, to a driver, to nothing at all being wrong and the process was incorrect (or nothing wrong at all). I noted more than once, its ONLY an issue if its DOESN'T boot, otherwise this is 100% normal (and the entirety to my post). Then I noted that if it didn't boot, to explain it, so your reply doesn't help me to help you.

I am not being difficult or a jerk, but merely pointing out the 47% no error ADB issue is normal and noted everywhere, UNLESS it doesn't boot. This is what I am TRYING TO GET ACROSS to everyone, so we don't waste time going back and forth troubleshooting an issue that doesn't exist.

SO, onto your issue, I need more than your statement to help, otherwise I/we cant help. What is going on, what happened during the install, how did you install, what is it doing now, and so on because I used PD last week NP, I go back and forth between ROMs all the time, without an issue, so I need more to help you. I have tested the latest release of PD, but I am not on PD at time of writing this, I am using the latest Bliss but I will flip to PD if needed to assist you.

I did see your earlier post about the package issue, but I have not ever had this issue, nor do I see it with other users. It does seem to be isolated to you or your process, so again, you need to list out everything you have done, as something isn't right and failed somewhere. I would simply go back to a stock firmware on both slots and start entirely over, and if you have issues doing this, to list them out so we can solve it for you. Without knowing what failed, and where, we are really shooting for the stars as its all guesses because only you know what you did, and didn't do. We have no idea what broke and where in your process, so start over, and list out EVERY step result (its not many). Reset factory firmware using ADB, not web, take screenshots of each steps (firmware rollback, then the ROM install). From those, we will get you sorted, otherwise I cant help.

Last edited:

orbirixx

May 29, 2015
Guadalajara
OK, but I think you overlooked or misunderstood everything I wrote. Without a single log or catlog, or an error in the booting process explained whats happening (or not happening), or without an ADB install process results/failing, we cant help. Stating the ROM doesn't boot because of so and so, without any type of log, catlog, screenshot or output, means there's no way to help. This could be anything from a wrong boot SLOT selected (change boot slot and test), to a true ADB install issue, to a USB cable issue, to nothing at all being wrong. I noted more than once, its ONLY an issue if its DOESN'T boot, otherwise this is 100% normal (and the entirety to my post). Then I noted that if it didn't boot, to explain it, so your reply doesn't help me to help you.

I am not being difficult or a jerk, but merely pointing out the 47% no error ADB issue is normal and noted everywhere, UNLESS it doesn't boot. This is what I am TRYING TO GET ACROSS to everyone, so we don't waste time going back and forth troubleshooting an issue that doesn't exist.

SO, onto your issue, I need more than your statement to help, otherwise I/we cant help. What is going on, what happened during the install, how did you install, what is it doing now, and so on because I used PD last week NP, I go back and forth between ROMs all the time, without an issue, so I need more to help you.
Oh, yeah i posted the exact error, maybe it can help

orbirixx

May 29, 2015
Guadalajara
OK, but I think you overlooked or misunderstood everything I wrote. Without a single log / catlog, or an error in the boot process (explaining what is happening / or not happening), or by not sharing the ADB install process results or failing results, we cant help. Stating the ROM doesn't boot because of so and so, without any type of log, catlog, screenshot or output, means there's no way to help. This could be anything from a wrong boot SLOT selected (change boot slot and test), to a true ADB install issue, to a USB cable issue, to a driver, to nothing at all being wrong and the process was incorrect (or nothing wrong at all). I noted more than once, its ONLY an issue if its DOESN'T boot, otherwise this is 100% normal (and the entirety to my post). Then I noted that if it didn't boot, to explain it, so your reply doesn't help me to help you.

SO, onto your issue, I need more than your statement to help, otherwise I/we cant help. What is going on, what happened during the install, how did you install, what is it doing now, and so on because I used PD last week NP, I go back and forth between ROMs all the time, without an issue, so I need more to help you. I have tested the latest release of PD, but I am not on PD at time of writing this, I am using the latest Bliss but I will flip to PD if needed to assist you.

I did see your earlier post about the package issue, but I have not ever had this issue, nor do I see it with other users. It does seem to be isolated to you or your process, so again, you need to list out everything you have done, as something isn't right and failed somewhere. I would simply go back to a stock firmware on both slots and start entirely over, and if you have issues doing this, to list them out so we can solve it for you. Without knowing what failed, and where, we are really shooting for the stars as its all guesses because only you know what you did, and didn't do. We have no idea what broke and where in your process, so start over, and list out EVERY step result (its not many). Reset factory firmware using ADB, not web, take screenshots of each steps (firmware rollback, then the ROM install). From those, we will get you sorted, otherwise I cant help.
This is the error I get on my Pixel ADB UI
serving: 'PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-coral-user-20210616-0759.zip' (~47%) adb: failed to read command: No error

In my Pixel im getting this error:
E: Update package is older than the current build, expected a build newer than timestap 1627025144 but package hastimestap 1623822927 and downgrade not allowed.

Install from ADB completed with status 1.

Installation aborted

This is the error I get on my Pixel ADB UI
serving: 'PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-coral-user-20210616-0759.zip' (~47%) adb: failed to read command: No error

In my Pixel im getting this error:
E: Update package is older than the current build, expected a build newer than timestap 1627025144 but package hastimestap 1623822927 and downgrade not allowed.

Install from ADB completed with status 1.

Installation aborted
Yup I saw that and noted the next steps. You need to redo the device with wipe left intact through a full factory firmware (on both slots) with taking screenshots throughout the factory firmware process end to end plus the ROM install as well so I can see what's going on. Once I see what's going on, I can help resolve it but it won't work if you take shortcuts or are not willing to go through the steps and take pictures along the way.

Let me know if you are going to do the work with me and I'll assist, otherwise if not, them I'll move on so let me know.

orbirixx

May 29, 2015
Guadalajara
Yup I saw that and noted the next steps. You need to redo the device with wipe left intact through a full factory firmware (on both slots) with taking screenshots throughout the factory firmware process end to end plus the ROM install as well so I can see what's going on. Once I see what's going on, I can help resolve it but it won't work if you take shortcuts or are not willing to go through the steps and take pictures along the way.

Let me know if you are going to do the work with me and I'll assist, otherwise if not, them I'll move on so let me know.
Ok, I will do the work with you.
Later I will install again factory image and will take screenshots.

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK
Ok, I will do the work with you.
Later I will install again factory image and will take screenshots.
Awesome, make sure to do both slots as I suspect that's the issue and you have a damaged slot or boot slot selection somehow. I'll get you through it if it's software based and not a physical issue (like hardware failing).

orbirixx

May 29, 2015
Guadalajara
Awesome, make sure to do both slots as I suspect that's the issue and you have a damaged slot or boot slot selection somehow. I'll get you through it if it's software based and not a physical issue (like hardware failing).
There is the file with screenshots from flash and everything.
Hopefully, it helps to you

Attachments

• Installation Process.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 43

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
I think I figured out what you ran into (I just ran into the same issue you described):

after digging around their Sourceforge, fKm seems to have uploaded updated rom zip and boot, but didn't update the post (he's linking to boot.img that was also updated, so the june zip won't work), try this zip: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pi...en-aosp-coral-user-20210723-0929.zip/download

You'll want to flash the July stock images first, just to be safe.

This was excellent, to me, it looks like your issue is in the boot.img step, you are not using the ROM's boot.img thus not the ROM's recovery thus you cant pass the signature and install the ROM (pic). The firmware was perfect, well done, now onto the ROM fix. I have seen others with 12 p having this, but I didnt when I tested 12 and rolled back so I can only assume its because I redid both slots with the right firmware (same as you just did).

Redo the ROM and usererase but make sure to flash the boot.img from the ROM. Pull the boot.img from the ROM.zip by using python and the "payload.bin" script and pull it from the ROM zip to be used for recovery. This will ensure you are using the ROM boot.img/recovery and not stock recovery. This will help you bypass that error and install the ROM without signature or updated issues, but you need to make sure the right boot.img is used, not the stock boot.img and make sure it flashes to the active slot (I usually do both slots with slot-all) so I don't ever have issues (and I dont).

Normally you can use the dev's boot.img if its available and you know its the right one, but I usually don't. Instead I take the install process a step further and I always python out the boot.img from the ROM it so there's no deviation.

The other point to make is to ensure you are on the right base firmware by opening the ROM.ZIP\META-INF\com\android\metadata (second pic). Open the metadata file and open it with a text viewer to see the needed base firmware, here it notes "RQ3A.210705.001" which is July's firmware so this is what the ROM expects.

To dump the ROM boot.img, extract payload.bin to the python root, run the following command (make sure python 3.8 is installed with the payload_dumper.py script downloaded in the directory with python) and payload.bin to dump the right boot.img. This will export the ROM's boot.img to the /output folder.

payload_dumper.py payload.bin

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome as I feel you are almost there and this should solve it.

Another thought that popped in was TWRP, we could boot TWRP and try to flash it if the boot.img isnt helping (but I think it will).

Attachments

• 7-27-2021 5-24-25 AM.jpg
    7-27-2021 5-24-25 AM.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 7-27-2021 5-31-57 AM.jpg
    7-27-2021 5-31-57 AM.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I think I figured out what you ran into (I just ran into the same issue you described):

after digging around their Sourceforge, fKm seems to have uploaded updated rom zip and boot, but didn't update the post (he's linking to boot.img that was also updated, so the june zip won't work), try this zip: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pi...en-aosp-coral-user-20210723-0929.zip/download

You'll want to flash the July stock images first, just to be safe.
agreed, use the ROM.zip to see the required firmware, then flash that base firmware to both slots. Use python to export the boot.img from the payload.bin and you are set (ROM\payload.bin). No need to test/use anything you are unsure of and found online with this process, plus it will work 100% of the time:

ROM.ZIP\META-INF\com\android\metadata

Will it adapt to Android12 in the future?
If you want to build it for 12, the git repos are freely available to everyone so take a stab at baking the ROM and let us know how it goes (share when done). Otherwise wait for official word from fKm or the awesome devs of the ROM you are using.

Remember devs like fKm and others (including myself) only do this out of the goodness of our hearts. We devs do not get paid, nor do we have any obligations to push out ROMs or updates, but when we do, we do so to help other users. Asking for ETA's (even if its a simple question about future OS support) is a big no no as it pi$$es us off. I am not bashing you or blasting you, but simply pointing out NO ETA's EVER please and reminding others not to do so as well. We have to be careful not to annoy or pi$$ off the devs or they stop, then we are left without any updates or ROMs. Losing dev support has happened many times in my Android world (started in ICS so many many many moons ago and tons of ROMs later), and when that happens, development stops so either I or another dev has to pick it up or it goes relic and dies. I do not have time anymore to bake and support ROMs so it wont be me, so we need to be careful not to urk the devs.

Ramonapeace

Jan 17, 2017
Why reset gplay settings like as autoupdate and autoplay in charging? This have not on stock os, multiple versions here :/

Seventek

Nov 19, 2009
Santa Rosa, CA
www.mindtunnel.net
YES! I never noticed this before because I normally make and receive calls through the Google voice app. I accidentally picked up a call from the native phone app and after I hung up, the call wouldn't close and kept showing up as ongoing call. I had to reboot to clear it because foreclosing it didn't close it.

I have this problem all the time, I'm gonna have to go back to stock if I can't fix it, which would be a shame. Otherwise everything works fine. I am also on Verizon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner11spjzm.png

PixelDust ROM is an Android 11 ROM especially built for the current Google Pixel devices and aimed for stability at its core with themes and customizations.

Our philosophy is to offer all the features known from the Google Pixel Factory Images paired with a useful selection of the coolest custom ROM features.

Our project is based off directly from AOSP. We attach great importance to aesthetics, themeability and personalization. For this we have integrated a great selection of space wallpapers and a special theme app (many thanks to Dirty Unicorns for their code base) in the settings of the Android OS.

The PixelDust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.

Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and spezi77. Cheers!

Disclaimer:
    If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.

listingoffeaturesnuj5z.png

* Periodic AOSP security updates
    * Vendor image and Pixel GApps included (Please do not flash any third party GApps)
    * Pixel wallpapers
    * PixelDust wallpapers
    * PixelDust Launcher

Theming
    * Additional dark/black themes, Accent colors, Fonts, Icon shapes, Navbar and QS tile styles

Additional QS tiles
    * Always On Display
    * Caffeine
    * Language
    * NFC
    * PixelDust Settings
    * Screenshot (Partial/Full)
    * and many more

Lock screen display
    * Ambient wake gestures
    * Pixel style Ambient music ticker
    * Now Playing support (only Pixel 2 and higher)

Security
    * Lock screen PIN quick unlock
    * Face Unlock

System Gestures
    * Active Edge
    * Swipe fingerprint for notifications
    * Swipe fingerprint left or right to dismiss notifications
    * Volume rocker skips music tracks
    * Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
    * Advanced Gestural navigation settings

Status bar
    * Status bar items
    * Network activity
    * Clock & date settings
    * Battery settings

Quick settings
    * Secure tiles require unlocking
    * Battery percentage
    * Battery estimate
    * Quick QS pulldown
    * QS columns/rows customizations
    * and many more

Buttons
    * Screen off power button torch
    * Volume Settings: Playback control, Volume wake, Volume key cursor

Navigation bar
    * Navbar visibility toggle
    * 3-button navigation options:
    * Layout (normal, compact, left-leaning, right-leaning)
    * Invert layout of Navbar buttons
    * Pixel animation

Gestures
    * Status bar dt2s
    * Lock screen dt2s

Lock screen
    * Battery info
    * Charging animation
    * Lockscreen shortcuts
    * Show/hide quick settings
    * Show/hide status bar
    * Media cover art
    * Media artwork blur level
    * Lock screen charging animation

Power menu
    * Additional Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart

Notifications
    * Less boring heads up
    * Notification sound if active

Misc
    * Pulse for NavBar, LockScreen and Ambient Screen
    * Wake up on charge
    * Rounded corners

Not working:

* Motion Sense

links4rjc1.png

Terms & conditions:
    By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of PixelDust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The PixelDust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.

Downloads:
    * Pixel Dust ROM Android 11 incl. GApps
    * Boot image (must be flashed before each installation process)

socialmedia5ljkh.png

Telegram Discussion Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustcommunity
    Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/pixeldustproject
    Telegram Build Support Channel: https://t.me/compile_pixeldust
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ANtVnW8

installationguidemmkme.png

Pre-requisites:
    * You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
    * You are familiar with using fastboot
    * Bootloader unlocked
    * You have created a backup of your ROM & data

First time installing PixelDust ROM, or coming from another ROM:

YOU MUST HAVE AUGUST FACTORY IMAGE!
    1. Flashing stock ROM: Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#coral
    2. Flashing PixelDust ROM:
      • Download the ROM and boot image
      • Flash the boot image (this allows stock recovery to flash unsigned rom zip since we dont have TWRP):
        Code:
        fastboot flash boot boot.img
      • Wipe userdata (required for first PixelDust/Android 11 install):
        Code:
        fastboot erase userdata
      • Reboot into fastbootd:
        Code:
        fastboot reboot fastboot
      • Use volume keys and power button to select "Enter Recovery"
      • Use Power button + volume up to enter Recovery
      • Select "Apply Update from ADB"
      • Sideload the ROM zip:
        Code:
        adb sideload PixelDust-Eleven-aosp-coral-***.zip
      • Reboot
    Dirty flashing PixelDust ROM:

Just skip the step "Wipe userdata"

creditsi9kfj.png

Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, AOSP Extended, BenzoROM, Bootleggers, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, Havoc OS, HentaiOS, LOS, MSM-Xtended Project, OmniROM, Potatoes Project, PureNexus, ProtonAOSP and YAAP, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.

kernelsourceemjy3.png

Source code:
    * Unicornblood kernel (by Dirty Unicorns)
    I recompiled with the latest blobs and stuff and flashed it on my coral. Zero issues.
    I pushed a new build.

If you have any problems atleast try a clean flash after flashing stock before. That worked flawless for me.
    New build with latest security patches was pushed. Changelog is also updated. Have fun!
    New build with march security update was pushed. No FCs or other problems after a short testing by me. Have fun.
    New build with april security update was pushed. Have fun!