• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM ❯ PIXEL 4A 5G ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11

Search This thread

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Does anyone know if it’s possible to install Dolby Atmos on this rom? On stock it doesn’t seem possible for Pixels. I have found one mod which installs, but it seems to be «only» Dolby Digital, and the switch for Dolby Atmos is not there on the Apple Music beta. On my wife’s Samsung S21, which do have Dolby Atmos, it is working and the sound change is incredible. I find it hard to believe that this is not possible to achieve on a rooted Pixel..?

Last edited:
in this rom is it possible to restrict access to applications individually, natively?
Screenshot_20210628-144813_Settings.png

that is how the same page on my phone. so i assume no then

crubbish

Mar 15, 2006
Moscow

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
I have this https://github.com/reiryuki/Dolby-Atmos-Razer-Phone-2-Magisk-Module installed via Magisk and it works well. I also have Audio Modification Library module installed, can't remember if Dolby module has required it or I've installed it irrespective of it. I'm on Lineage 18.1 but in my understanding this setup should work on any rooted Pixel.

Thanks for replying! I tried this, and I also have Audio Modification Library installed. It won’t install. See screenshot. I am on stock rom, Android 11, rooted with Magisk. Perhaps I need to try it on ProtonAosp or Lineage. You are on Pixel 4a 5G as well?

Attachments

• 1FEC20F2-75EC-40B5-8311-25691ED0CD7D.png
    1FEC20F2-75EC-40B5-8311-25691ED0CD7D.png
    385.4 KB · Views: 53

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
T
So I tried to install this version the same way I have installed all the previous ones and I now get a restart at the loading icon 3 times and then it goes to fastboot mode and says "no valid slot to boot." I tried it twice through the web installer and once manually and same thing. I did the upgrade method and not wipe method.

EDIT: Managed to get back in my phone with my data intact by manually reflashing 11.5.0. Not sure why it glitched up though.
That's a Pixel bootloader bug. Since you've gotten it working again, you should be able to work around it by simply flashing the new version again.
@kdrah0n, could you include that in the next version?, Please
There are no plans to add App Lock at this time.

GrandMstrBud

Jan 30, 2007
Installing it went fine, I have an app that I use all the time called VPN hotspot. When running this my carrier doesn't detect tether usage in repeater mode. Devices connect but they don't get internet. Anyone run into this?

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
ProtonAOSP 11.5.2 has been released. Sorry for the delay this month; I've been busy with other projects, but here's the full release.

Changes:
• July security patch
• Added search to website
Added red, green, and blue color balance settings
Added alarm, ringtone, and notification sounds from Plasma Mobile
• Added HarmonyOS Sans font style
Extended font styles to affect third-party apps (reboot to apply changes)
Improved Night Light quality using chromatic adaptation (reduced color distortion)
• Improved Ambient EQ quality (with modern color science: CAT16)
• More gradual transition when turning Night Light on/off
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G, 4/XL: Added setting for increased touch sensitivity
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G, 4/XL: Added "Saturated" color profile
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G: Fixed Night Sight crashes in Google Camera
• Pixel 4/XL, 2/XL: Fixed Active Edge instability with multiple profiles
• Pixel 4/XL: Added support for HDR10+ (Diab)
• Pixel 4/XL: Added support for modem diagnostics

Website
Install from browser (recommended)
Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.

Jkay1

Feb 24, 2021
Thank you for the Rom, love it since I got my Pixel!
Is Bluetooth MIDI working properly on this phone/rom? I can't connect my Kawai digital piano via the Piano Remote app. Works fine with my stock s5 neo.

Last edited:

normaaldax

May 18, 2017
Have been using this ROM for a few days now, battery life even better then stock. Only thing that I noticed is a stuttering when opening the notification slider

Zypseth

Apr 13, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm currently testing the beta build of Android 12 through the beta testing program of Google.
I'd like to know if it's possible to flash proton ROM? Do I need to downgrade at Android 11 before flashing?
Have a good day :)

Minnesinger

Aug 9, 2008
No Screen Rotation - Gyroscope Not Functioning

Hello - It's been a few years since I was last on XDA. I'm not a rookie, but maybe my skills aren't fresh. Anyway, to my problem...

I have a new 4a 5G that was updated to the latest OTA before I unlocked the bootloader and installed Proton. I went through the entire process of installing Proton, rooting with Magisk, and flashing the Proton kernel. Everything went [surprisingly] smooth and there were no issue during install. After all of the updates and setting up the phone, all of the phone functions worked great except screen rotation. I made sure all of the appropriate settings were toggled in Display/Quick Settings, but still no luck. I tried a variety of apps - G Photos, YouTube, Spotify - and screen rotation didn't work with any of them. I installed Sensor Test app and when attempting to test the gyroscope I received this message:

Your device doesn't have this sensor or you have error with sensor service in device firmware.

Not finding any solutions with Proton installed, I flashed back to the current factory image and screen rotation was restored. Once again, I flashed Proton, this time not rooting or installing the Proton kernel. And, once again, screen rotation has been lost.

I've searched this thread, as well as XDA, and can't find a solution. Any assistance or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Update: With only Proton installed all sensor functions have been lost: gyro, accelerometer, proximity, etc. And after reflashing back to stock a 2nd time, all sensor functions are working as intended. Obviously if other users were having this problem there would be some chatter. Don't have a clue as to what's wrong on my end...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone have a flashable zip of 11.5.2 they can share?
    I hope this helps:
    ProtonAOSP
    Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Usage with my Proton Kernel is recommended to get the most out of your phone. The ROM does not include Proton Kernel, so you will need to flash it yourself. The ROM will still work with other kernels, but you will not get the benefits of Proton Kernel.

Screenshots
    Screenshots of the latest version

Installation
    This ROM is currently distributed as factory images, similar to stock. Flash it the same way you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

You can also use the quick & easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser and completes in as little as 4 minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.

More detailed installation instructions and guides

Features
    List of current features, with accompanying screenshots and explanations

Downloads
    Downloads and changelogs for all versions

Builds with and without minimal Google services (gapps) included are provided for convenience.

Using the quick and easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.

Support
    If you have questions or concerns, please read the Frequently Asked Questions before asking. It saves time for everyone involved, especially you, and allows us to provide higher-quality answers for all users.

Website with comprehensive documentation
    Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Please consider donating to support development if you found this helpful: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
    ROM source code
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.2 is now available with security updates and an easy-to-use web installer.

Changes:
    • Updated to February security patch
    • Added new space wallpapers by Infinitum
    • Updated visual voicemail configs
    • Pixel 5 & 4a 5G: Added support for standalone 5G on T-Mobile
    New easy-to-use web installer

This version introduces a new easy-to-use web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider installing with the web installer instead of doing it manually.

Install from browser
    Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.1 is now available with security updates, fixes, and minor tweaks.

Changes:
    • Merged January security patch
    • Fixed SafetyNet attestation failing since January 12
    • Fixed screen-off voice match in Google Assistant
    • Restored global search button in Settings
    • Added round search bar in app drawer
    • Added support for gesture typing in AOSP Keyboard
    • Pixel 2: Added support for Bluetooth hearing aids
    • Pixel 2: Removed duplicate wallpaper pickers
    • Pixel 5: Removed excess padding below keyboard

Download

ProtonAOSP 11.4.0 is now available with significant performance improvements.

Changes:
    • April security patch
    • Machine learning back gesture from Android 12 (better accuracy and adaptive sensitivity)
    • Improved overall system performance
    • Up to 18% faster app, menu, and screen opening
    • 16% faster screenshot capturing
    • Up to 4x faster low-level memory management
    • Empirical optimizations throughout many different layers of the system
    • Faster image loading and saving (PNG and JPEG)
    • Compiled with the latest Clang 12 toolchain from Android 12
    • Updated UI fonts
    • Updated WebView to Chromium 89 (LineageOS)
    • Preparation for Pixel 4 and 4 XL support
    • Pixel 2: Fixed updating without wiping data

Proton Kernel has also been updated this month to fix the “battery limited temporarily” compatibility issues with the March feature drop.

Install from browser for a quick and easy installation process (recommended)
    Download

A new ROM with the January security update and SafetyNet passing out-of-the-box will be released within a few days. The SafetyNet failures are caused by updates released by Google yesterday. My new Universal SafetyNet Fix Magisk module solves the problem for now: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/