ProtonAOSP • Pixel 5
Android 11 ROM
Android 11 ROM
ProtonAOSP is a minimal custom Android 11 ROM focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.
Usage with my Proton Kernel is recommended to get the most out of your phone. The ROM does not include Proton Kernel, so you will need to flash it yourself. The ROM will still work with other kernels, but you will not get the benefits of Proton Kernel. More tightly coupled features may be added in the future.
v11.2.0: Imgur album or public Telegram channel
v11.3.0: Imgur album or public Telegram channel
This ROM is currently distributed as factory images similar to stock due to the lack of TWRP. Flash it as you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.
Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.
You can also use the easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.
• Better performance and battery life than stock
• Refined UI: typography, colors, tweaks, frosted glass blur, custom dark theme, builtin wallpapers, accent color options
• Modern default settings: navigation, sounds, safe volume off, etc.
• Better screenshots: instant key combination, preview dismisses when taking new screenshot
• Privacy: microG support, quick settings security, internet & sensor permissions, camera & microphone indicators, permission usage dashboard, minor hardening from GrapheneOS
• Usable default apps: clock, calculator, contacts, messaging, phone apps from LineageOS with custom UI tweaks
• Power user convenience: memory usage in Settings, advanced settings expanded by default, command-line tools for developers, SSH client and server
• Performance: Vulkan UI rendering, reduced APEX overhead, optimized memory pinning, responsive animations
• Pixel-exclusive features: Live Caption, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, screen attention, adaptive 5G connectivity
• Convenience features: expanding volume panel from LineageOS, button to clear battery stats, call recording (check local laws before using)
• Under-the-hood tweaks: tweaked memory management to hold more background apps, better 5 GHz Wi-Fi signal retention, reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance, high-resolution screenshots in recents overview
• SafetyNet passing out-of-the-box without root
• Reduced system notification clutter and annoying prompts
• Easy-to-use guided web installer
Downloads and changelogs can be found on GitHub. The topmost release is the latest. Builds with and without gapps included are provided for convenience. Make sure you download a ROM ZIP, not source code; source code cannot be flashed.
Using the easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.
Join the Telegram group for support and extras
Donate to support development: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee
Kernel source code
ROM source code