ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11.3.2

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
ProtonAOSP • Pixel 5
Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal custom Android 11 ROM focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Usage with my Proton Kernel is recommended to get the most out of your phone. The ROM does not include Proton Kernel, so you will need to flash it yourself. The ROM will still work with other kernels, but you will not get the benefits of Proton Kernel. More tightly coupled features may be added in the future.

Screenshots
v11.2.0: Imgur album or public Telegram channel
v11.3.0: Imgur album or public Telegram channel

Installation
This ROM is currently distributed as factory images similar to stock due to the lack of TWRP. Flash it as you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

You can also use the easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.

Features
• Better performance and battery life than stock
• Refined UI: typography, colors, tweaks, frosted glass blur, custom dark theme, builtin wallpapers, accent color options
• Modern default settings: navigation, sounds, safe volume off, etc.
• Better screenshots: instant key combination, preview dismisses when taking new screenshot
• Privacy: microG support, quick settings security, internet & sensor permissions, camera & microphone indicators, permission usage dashboard, minor hardening from GrapheneOS
• Usable default apps: clock, calculator, contacts, messaging, phone apps from LineageOS with custom UI tweaks
• Power user convenience: memory usage in Settings, advanced settings expanded by default, command-line tools for developers, SSH client and server
• Performance: Vulkan UI rendering, reduced APEX overhead, optimized memory pinning, responsive animations
• Pixel-exclusive features: Live Caption, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, screen attention, adaptive 5G connectivity
• Convenience features: expanding volume panel from LineageOS, button to clear battery stats, call recording (check local laws before using)
• Under-the-hood tweaks: tweaked memory management to hold more background apps, better 5 GHz Wi-Fi signal retention, reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance, high-resolution screenshots in recents overview
• SafetyNet passing out-of-the-box without root
• Reduced system notification clutter and annoying prompts
• Easy-to-use guided web installer

Downloads
Downloads and changelogs can be found on GitHub. The topmost release is the latest. Builds with and without gapps included are provided for convenience. Make sure you download a ROM ZIP, not source code; source code cannot be flashed.

Using the easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.

Known issues
None

Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Donate to support development: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
ROM source code

Last edited:

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Hey kdragon,

First time Pixel owner having been with OnePlus for the last 3.5 years and HTC prior to that. Only a short learning curve to install a rom through fastboot but up and running and just getting setup. Thanks for your work!

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Is gpay working?
Thanks for the first custom rom on p5 👍
I was able to set up my main card on gpay with root and magisk hide (though not using magisk hide props). I've not been out today so haven't tested if it works but given that the card registered okay I would say yes.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
A hotfix update has just been released to fix issues with a botched SafetyNet fix that caused most apps using HTTP outside of a browser to break, including Google Translate, SMS/MMS, and many others. I've figured out a new way to fix SafetyNet that doesn't come with those pitfalls, so SafetyNet is still passing out-of-the-box and apps will no longer break.

Re-download v11.2.0 from GitHub for the fixes. I've decided to re-upload it rather than bumping the version because the previous SafetyNet fix was very broken.

anon9815

Nov 10, 2020
Flash

Hello, I've recently got back into android after being a long time iPhone user, How exactly am I able to flash this rom? Sorry in advance, haven't been in the rom scene in a long time

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Hello, I've recently got back into android after being a long time iPhone user, How exactly am I able to flash this rom? Sorry in advance, haven't been in the rom scene in a long time

As per the OP:
Installation
This ROM is currently distributed as factory images similar to stock due to the lack of TWRP. Flash it as you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

You'll need to unlock your bootloader first and then follow any guide online to flash Pixel factory images. This ROM currently works exactly the same way with regards to flashing: unzip and run flash-all.sh or flash-all.bat depending on OS.

anon9815

Nov 10, 2020
As per the OP:

You'll need to unlock your bootloader first and then follow any guide online to flash Pixel factory images. This ROM currently works exactly the same way with regards to flashing: unzip and run flash-all.sh or flash-all.bat depending on OS.
Thank you I finally got it up and running, Just wondering how exactly do install magisk manager to gain root?

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Does tethering hardware acceleration and VoLTE work?

Tethering works, and I can see log messages about successful hardware acceleration setup.

VoLTE should work with all carriers supported on stock — it's Wi-Fi calling that's finnicky, and I converted the carrier configs from stock for use in AOSP — but your mileage may vary. It works for me on a T-Mobile US MVNO, as does Wi-Fi calling.

Reactions: Hellshell

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Thank you I finally got it up and running, Just wondering how exactly do install magisk manager to gain root?

In short:

1. Install Magisk Manager Canary from GitHub
  2. Extract the boot.img file from the image-...zip file inside the ROM's factory images ZIP
  3. Push it to the phone
  4. Patch it with Magisk Manager
  5. Pull the file to your computer
  6. Reboot to bootloader
  7. fastrboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

Check https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-5/how-to/guide-root-pixel-5-xl-android-11-r-t4187609 for details.

Raz0Rfail

Oct 24, 2013
ProtonAOSP • Pixel 5
Android 11 ROM​
Thank you very much for the first rom for the p5.

I have 2 questions about this.
At first, exists their some screenshots which shows the ui or the difference to the stock p5 ui ?

The second question is more important for me.
Can I dirty flash the rom on my p5, so I can use the data which is currently installed. Or must I wipe the phone and start from scratch?

Best regards,

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Thank you very much for the first rom for the p5.

I have 2 questions about this.
At first, exists their some screenshots which shows the ui or the difference to the stock p5 ui ?

The second question is more important for me.
Can I dirty flash the rom on my p5, so I can use the data which is currently installed. Or must I wipe the phone and start from scratch?

Best regards,
You must wipe if you are coming from another ROM. Future updates to this ROM will not require subsequent wipes.
Screenshots are available on the Telegram channel, here is a public link that doesn't require login: https://t.me/proton_p5_builds/6

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Just to clarify if anyone is confused: this is an Android 11 ROM, not Android 10. XDA DevDB has no option for 11 so I had to put 10. I've just edited the DevDB info out of the post now and added 11 to the header so there should be no more confusion.

Reactions: spiral777