ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11.3.2

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Im stuck again. Please see screenshots. I unzipped ROM and unzipped sub folder -> Copied unzipped files and pasted in platform-tools folder -> double clicked flash-all.bat. -> then fastboot -w

Phone will only boot to fastboot mode now.

Idk where Im going wrong. Please advise. Thank you for all your hard work.

View attachment 5167125View attachment 5167127
I believe your platform tools isn't up to date because it needs to restart your phone into 'fastbootd' mode at one point instead of 'fastboot'.

anamous90

Apr 12, 2015
Double-click flash-all.bat. It works exactly the same way as stock factory images.

Update:

I retried using version r30.0.5 of platform tools. -> Extracted 'proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0-gapps' to desktop -> copied extracted files and pasted in 'platform tools' folder -> double clicked 'flash-all.bat -> phone gets to 'fastbootd' screen

please help, see screen shots. Looking thru cmd window I circled in red what i think might be wrong, but idk how to trouble shoot.

Should i be using 'proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0.zip' instead of proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0-gapps.zip ?

archive does not contain:
'boot.sig'
'dtbo.sig'
'dt.img'
'recovery.img'
'vbmeta.sig'
'vbmeta_system.sig'
'vendor_boot.sig'
'boot_other.img'
'odm.img'
'odm_dlkm.img'
'product.sig'

Please help. Thank you. And Happy Holidays!
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG

UPDATE:

I used proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0.zip' instead of proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0-gapps.zip and install was successful.

Last edited:

elong7681

May 23, 2015
Aiken
Update:
I retried using version r30.0.5 of platform tools. -> Extracted 'proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0-gapps' to desktop -> copied extracted files and pasted in 'platform tools' folder -> double clicked 'flash-all.bat -> phone gets to 'fastbootd' screen

please help, see screen shots. Looking thru cmd window I circled in red what i think might be wrong, but idk how to trouble shoot.

Should i be using 'proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0.zip' instead of proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0-gapps.zip ?

archive does not contain:
'boot.sig'
'dtbo.sig'
'dt.img'
'recovery.img'
'vbmeta.sig'
'vbmeta_system.sig'
'vendor_boot.sig'
'boot_other.img'
'odm.img'
'odm_dlkm.img'
'product.sig'

Please help. Thank you. And Happy Holidays!View attachment 5167833View attachment 5167835View attachment 5167837

UPDATE:

I used proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0.zip' instead of proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.0-gapps.zip and install was successful.
@anamous90 I just ran into the same problem as you. To fix my problem I let android flash tool install factory firmware. I have a question when you edited the flash-all.bat script where exactly did you put the fastboot -w ?

Last edited:

anamous90

Apr 12, 2015
@anamous90 I just ran into the same problem as you. To fix my problem I let android flash tool install factory firmware. I have a question when you edited the flash-all.bat script where exactly did you put the fastboot -w ?
Once installation was complete. I opened cmd window in platform tools then typed fastboot -w.

I was not able to link an account and I couldn't get google play services or play store installed. I ended up installing scorpion. It comes with it's own recovery and has almost all stock features.

elong7681

May 23, 2015
Aiken
Once installation was complete. I opened cmd window in platform tools then typed fastboot -w.

I was not able to link an account and I couldn't get google play services or play store installed. I ended up installing scorpion. It comes with it's own recovery and has almost all stock features.
@anamous90 I figured it out, you just have to right click on the flash-all.bat file and select edit and it will bring you to the notepad but I use notepad ++ instead but they both work. So at the bottom where it says fastboot update image you just put in the -w in between fastboot and update like this fastboot -w update and it will erase all user data and then reboot you to android and then you will set it up like a new phone.

anamous90

Apr 12, 2015
@anamous90 I figured it out, you just have to right click on the flash-all.bat file and select edit and it will bring you to the notepad but I use notepad ++ instead but they both work. So at the bottom where it says fastboot update image you just put in the -w in between fastboot and update like this fastboot -w update and it will erase all user data and then reboot you to android and then you will set it up like a new phone.
Can you post a screen shot please? thank you!

droidkill3r

Oct 9, 2013
i get to wipe data then click on the flash-all.sh bc im on a mac , and i just get a text file on my mac screen.. also tried the .bat.....tried to sideload the whole zip.. nothing

Vio281

May 14, 2020
i get to wipe data then click on the flash-all.sh bc im on a mac , and i just get a text file on my mac screen.. also tried the .bat.....tried to sideload the whole zip.. nothing

you wouldnt be using .bat files, thats for windows. did you put everything in the platform tools folder?

jmac052002

Feb 16, 2014
South Fulton
So I'm thinking about flashing this on my P5 do I have to do a factory wipe like do I absolutely have to in order to flash the rom or do you know of anyone who hasn't and flashed it successfully?

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
Everything running smooth on v11.3 and Kernel 1.1. Thank You for sharing. Would it possible to add an option to flip the 3 button navigation buttons?

Last edited:

droidkill3r

Oct 9, 2013
you wouldnt be using .bat files, thats for windows. did you put everything in the platform tools folder?
When I set up my adb and fastboot I put them two into a Android folder I made, like in the video and put the filters in there and yes also put it in the platform folder... I just need to get a windows computer

marcjc

Jun 23, 2008
When I set up my adb and fastboot I put them two into a Android folder I made, like in the video and put the filters in there and yes also put it in the platform folder... I just need to get a windows computer
You don't "need" a windows machine. I have a mac too, you can manually execute the commands in the bat from terminal. Just put all the files you need in the platform-tools folder and go there in terminal to run commands. Hopefully this helps :)

hodula1

Jun 5, 2005
You don't "need" a windows machine. I have a mac too, you can manually execute the commands in the bat from terminal. Just put all the files you need in the platform-tools folder and go there in terminal to run commands. Hopefully this helps :)
This is exactly what I did also and it worked just fine.

The script is not recognizing you have the latest platform tools so it doesn't get to the commands. But you can run all the fastboot commands individually and it should update successfully.

And don't forget to add -w (fastboot -w...) to the last fostboot command.

droidkill3r

Oct 9, 2013
This is exactly what I did also and it worked just fine.

The script is not recognizing you have the latest platform tools so it doesn't get to the commands. But you can run all the fastboot commands individually and it should update successfully.

And don't forget to add -w (fastboot -w...) to the last fostboot command.
Run the commands that show in the script?

elong7681

May 23, 2015
Aiken
So I'm thinking about flashing this on my P5 do I have to do a factory wipe like do I absolutely have to in order to flash the rom or do you know of anyone who hasn't and flashed it successfully?
You need to edit the flash-all.bat file with -w where it says fastboot update
Can you post a screen shot please? thank you!

Attachments