ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11.3.2

Jarrod666

Nov 19, 2008
Sorry for my question but i want to flash this rom on my Pixel 5 and it is with stock rom RDA1A.201105.003.B1 version. I would like install this rom without wipe data and application. I see script file etc but i don't understand every step so can you write it please with goods commands to write ?
I have a computer and the Plateform Tools r30.0.5
Thank you very much.

It's ok i find the good method

Last edited:

Neuken6969

Sep 25, 2018
** IGNORE ** FIXED the issue by switching over to linux ... now im stuck on the google screen after obtaining root and flashing the kernel img in ex kernel manager. trying to reboot

can someone link the kernel please, when i click the link in the OP it doesnt show me a download link.

Attachments

Last edited:

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Thanks for putting this ROM together for us! I purchased my Pixel 5 and immediately threw the AOSP no goog version on it. Running your kernel as well.

One issue I noticed when setting up work email today.

When on wifi, I can confirm O365 show's me logging in, but no matter what app I login with (nine mail, outlook for android) , it fails to complete the connection to O365. Same process works just fine when using Tmo network.

I switched wifi to use the device MAC for additional testing. When connected to wifi, I cannot send emails from my outlook to my other email accounts.

I am sure I am missing something configuration wise, any thoughts?

jmac052002

Feb 16, 2014
South Fulton
hes talking about dirty flashing from stock...
You are exactly right that's what I was wanting to know, I was thinking I have seen where people have done it and been fine the only reason I ask is because I've actually done it when I flash stock. I go ahead and use either Android flash tool or do it myself and when I do that I don't have to wipe it. I just dirty flash it and everything usually works out just fine

Neuken6969

Sep 25, 2018
Even re reading my lastbpost confused me. The kernel IMG file, ambi flashing that with fastboot, or can I with ex kernel manager?

I am rooted and I had to reset mynphone and start over since I flashed the kernel via exkm and was stuck on the Google boot window for a Long time.

Vio281

May 14, 2020
Even re reading my lastbpost confused me. The kernel IMG file, ambi flashing that with fastboot, or can I with ex kernel manager?

I am rooted and I had to reset mynphone and start over since I flashed the kernel via exkm and was stuck on the Google boot window for a Long time.

fastboot boot [img name]

Reactions: Neuken6969

jmac052002

Feb 16, 2014
South Fulton
So I have read where people where having trouble flashing the zip with gapps included has anyone successfully flashed the latest version with gapps included? because I prefer to flash the latest zip with gapps included.

Vio281

May 14, 2020
So I have read where people where having trouble flashing the zip with gapps included has anyone successfully flashed the latest version with gapps included? because I prefer to flash the latest zip with gapps included.

i did a clean flash no problem... I think people that had problem did a dirty flash, the script does not come with a Wipe all function, you have to add it.

Incredible_Culp

May 13, 2010
Loud City
Hey guys.... Hopefully this is a quick one

Installed Google Cam from the playstore, however i dont have access to the different modes for video.

When i click the little hand to bring up the various options; active, normal, cinematic pan, etc. Nothing 'pops' up.. Meaning, the options dont show.

The modal that houses the different modes doesnt show up. I click the hand, and nothing happens. It acts like i selected it [the hand], but thats it.

Tried installing different versions of the gcam on apk mirror and tried a couple modded ones here on xda to see, all to no avail...

Is this a known issue? or is it an issue at all? I'm thinking it has something with running a custom rom since stock worked fine... but not too sure

any suggestions?

Edit: Disabled a couple magisk modules, reverted some adb commands, and reinstalled the app.. I have all video features now.. Going to enable them one by one and see what caused it, will report back

Edit 2: last night turns out the culprit was magiskhide props config module... This morning i did more digging and stumbled upon this https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/irs1eb/_/gck5n9e
Looks like i wasnt the only one..

But its all good, i used this instead as my workaround https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-remove-nav-bar-in-android-11.4190469/ and everything works now for those who may encounter the same problem.

Last edited:

Vio281

May 14, 2020

Installed Google Cam from the playstore, however i dont have access to the different modes for video.

When i click the little hand to bring up the various options; active, normal, cinematic pan, etc. Nothing 'pops' up.. Meaning, the options dont show.

The modal that houses the different modes doesnt show up. I click the hand, and nothing happens. It acts like i selected it [the hand], but thats it.

Tried installing different versions of the gcam on apk mirror and tried a couple modded ones here on xda to see, all to no avail...

Is this a known issue? or is it an issue at all? I'm thinking it has something with running a custom rom since stock worked fine... but not too sure

any suggestions?

I dont have that issue, I clean flash, did not dirty flash.

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
Something else worth noting: SafetyNet is currently passing (without Magisk) using some tricks built into the ROM, unlike stock with an unlocked bootloader.

Hello kdrag0n, Are there any instructions on flashing the Kernel or kernels. I may get the PX5 and may flash your Rom for the PX5. Thank You

Vio281

May 14, 2020

any suggestions?

Edit: Disabled a couple magisk modules, reverted some adb commands, and reinstalled the app.. I have all video features now.. Going to enable them one by one and see what caused it, will report back

Edit 2: last night turns out the culprit was magiskhide props config module... This morning i did more digging and stumbled upon this https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/irs1eb/_/gck5n9e
Looks like i wasnt the only one..

But its all good, i used this instead as my workaround https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-remove-nav-bar-in-android-11.4190469/ and everything works now for those who may encounter the same problem.

its a module issue then, nothing to the ROM or Kernel.

toneneuewin

Jul 4, 2017
Hi Kdragon,

Do you do a news version about your Rom with the upgrade january patch ??
Thank you
This is one of the first ROMs I've installed after many years of just using phones with stock. Can someone chime in... I thought it was some sort of unspoken rule to not ask/bug devs for ETAs on their ROMs? Unless this varies or changed?

Reactions: devilsadidas

leveleyed

Jan 25, 2014

@kdrag0n First off, thanks for the hard work on this ROM and being a true modern day pioneer!

Second, before I wipe my data and install this, can you please tell me if you managed to add a third row of quick settings tiles (the way it used to be on my pixel 2/OS8)? And if not, please, please, please tell me you'll do so in a future update?

I can't emphasize enough how lame it is that I can access six quick settings tiles/icons across the top of the screen, yet when I pull down to expand the quick settings area, I still have access to only the same six tiles, except now they have text labels, and a bunch of wasted space around them.

What happened to that third row, Google? There's clearly still enough space on the screen that I could pull down the menu a bit further to have another row in there. Why did you have to make this feature worse by giving users quick access to fewer settings at a time?
IMG_20210108_110821_2.png

TripleFacepalm.jpg

Also, sorry if this is the wrong place for a rant like this. If so, please direct me to the nearest "XDA forum for people with ASD who get extremely triggered/frustrated when things change - especially when they change for the worse, and for no apparent reason" and I'll happily roll my cart of 'ass burgers' on over there. 😖

Seriously hoping that someone in a thread/forum on here might know some way to hack/fix this, even if it means rooting, wiping data and flashing a thing, or whatever. I really just NEED to get back my 3x3 quick settings tiles! 3x2 is just so imbalanced and so much less efficient it hurts my brain! With 54 quick settings tiles, I'd only need to swipe left 5 times to get to the last set. But now it would take 9 left swipes to get to the last of them! At that point, it's not even "quick" anymore - it'd probably be faster to just open the settings app and find the setting to change that way!

Thanks in advance for any who can help! And sorry for my brain chemistry set spilling out and making a real mess in here!

EDIT: [SOLVED] I found and installed Material Notification Shade and I'm happy as a clam! 😁
Screenshot_20210111-162656~3.png

Last edited: