ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11.3.2

alphazo

Sep 22, 2010
I own a European version of the Pixel 5 that runs today on RQ1A.210105.003, Jan 2021.
Is it safe to flash ProtonAOSP considering that it seems to be based upon the US Verizon version (image-redfin-rq1d.201205.012.a1.zip)?
Thanks

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
I own a European version of the Pixel 5 that runs today on RQ1A.210105.003, Jan 2021.
Is it safe to flash ProtonAOSP considering that it seems to be based upon the US Verizon version (image-redfin-rq1d.201205.012.a1.zip)?
Thanks
Yes, Pixel ROMs are carrier-independent. On the factory images page, the carriers in parentheses indicate which carrier(s) the updates were issued for, not what they're tied to.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
ProtonAOSP 11.3.1 is now available with security updates, fixes, and minor tweaks.

Changes:
• Merged January security patch
• Fixed SafetyNet attestation failing since January 12
• Fixed screen-off voice match in Google Assistant
• Restored global search button in Settings
• Added round search bar in app drawer
• Added support for gesture typing in AOSP Keyboard
• Pixel 2: Added support for Bluetooth hearing aids
• Pixel 2: Removed duplicate wallpaper pickers
• Pixel 5: Removed excess padding below keyboard
Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.

sruel3216

Nov 9, 2010
ProtonAOSP 11.3.1 is now available with security updates, fixes, and minor tweaks.

Changes:

Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
DONATED!

ive been out of the ROM game for a couple years. randomly decided to try this rom as im trying to get more away from google (although im still using gapps versions so doenst do much for my privacy lol). All i can say is wow. Everything works flawless. Most roms of my rom experiences in the past there were always one or two things that were broken so i went stock for a while. Makes the pixel 5 even more amazing than it already is. Can see performance and battery gains! The slight touches to make dark theme more uniform are what i have always wanted. great job

Jimmy Stat

Mar 10, 2019
NYC & Louisville
ProtonAOSP • Pixel 5
Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal custom Android 11 ROM focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Usage with my Proton Kernel is recommended to get the most out of your phone. The ROM does not include Proton Kernel, so you will need to flash it yourself. The ROM will still work with other kernels, but you will not get the benefits of Proton Kernel. More tightly coupled features may be added in the future.

Screenshots
v11.2.0: Imgur album or public Telegram channel
v11.3.0: Imgur album or public Telegram channel

Installation
This ROM is currently distributed as factory images similar to stock due to the lack of TWRP. Flash it as you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

Features

Downloads

Downloads and changelogs can be found on GitHub. The topmost release is the latest. Builds with and without gapps included are provided for convenience.

Make sure you download a ROM ZIP, not source code! Source code cannot be flashed.

Known issues
None

Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Donate to support development: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
ROM source code
I am about to flash your ROM and Kernel. i have just a few questions if you wouldn't helping me out with them? Please forgive my ignorance im still learning alot about flashing roms and rooting Androids other than my old Samsung S5. 1) Ok, so when im about to flash the ROM do i have to do the -w command? will it cause issues if i do not? Because i do not want to loose anything i just updated my phone with like the apps from "F-Droid," and things like that, that i really like. Or do i just backup and ill be ok? 2) Any module that i downloaded through Magisk should i remove prior to flashing the ROM & Kernel? Will i have any issues if i do not? 3) Also, will any module i downloaded from Magisk have any issues with your ROM & Kernel, that you may or may not be aware of, at this time? Or will i be fine to just go ahead and Flash your Rom & Kernel with what i enabled in Magisk? and finally, this probably should have been in the beginning but 4) Does it make a difference if i Flash the Kernel before your ROM or do I need to flash the Rom and then after reboot and all that go back and flash the Kernel.

Again, please forgive my ignorances i am very interested in your ROM & Kernel and i just want to make sure i dont screw anything up and please forgive me if any of these questions have already been answered and i didnt see becaseu i didnt read every page. Thank you for your time in creating this as well as helping people like me out!!!

Vio281

May 14, 2020
I am about to flash your ROM and Kernel. i have just a few questions if you wouldn't helping me out with them? Please forgive my ignorance im still learning alot about flashing roms and rooting Androids other than my old Samsung S5. 1) Ok, so when im about to flash the ROM do i have to do the -w command? will it cause issues if i do not? Because i do not want to loose anything i just updated my phone with like the apps from "F-Droid," and things like that, that i really like. Or do i just backup and ill be ok? 2) Any module that i downloaded through Magisk should i remove prior to flashing the ROM & Kernel? Will i have any issues if i do not? 3) Also, will any module i downloaded from Magisk have any issues with your ROM & Kernel, that you may or may not be aware of, at this time? Or will i be fine to just go ahead and Flash your Rom & Kernel with what i enabled in Magisk? and finally, this probably should have been in the beginning but 4) Does it make a difference if i Flash the Kernel before your ROM or do I need to flash the Rom and then after reboot and all that go back and flash the Kernel.

Again, please forgive my ignorances i am very interested in your ROM & Kernel and i just want to make sure i dont screw anything up and please forgive me if any of these questions have already been answered and i didnt see becaseu i didnt read every page. Thank you for your time in creating this as well as helping people like me out!!!

Yes

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
I am about to flash your ROM and Kernel. i have just a few questions if you wouldn't helping me out with them? Please forgive my ignorance im still learning alot about flashing roms and rooting Androids other than my old Samsung S5. 1) Ok, so when im about to flash the ROM do i have to do the -w command? will it cause issues if i do not?
Backup. You need to wipe or you'll have issues.
2) Any module that i downloaded through Magisk should i remove prior to flashing the ROM & Kernel?
You need to wipe when changing ROMs. I think you're in the clear for upgrades of that ROM without wiping.

4) Does it make a difference if i Flash the Kernel before your ROM or do I need to flash the Rom and then after reboot and all that go back and flash the Kernel.
You need to install the ROM first in my experience. Wipe, install kernel. Profit!

bggold

Sep 13, 2013
Reverse wireless charging is a proprietary system feature, but I've already gotten it working without proprietary code. I just need to get around to adding a UI for it in the ROM.
Have you or anyone else been able to get the pixel stand proprietary feature working yet?

Thanks

Jimmy Stat

Mar 10, 2019
NYC & Louisville
Backup. You need to wipe or you'll have issues.

You need to wipe when changing ROMs. I think you're in the clear for upgrades of that ROM without wiping.

You need to install the ROM first in my experience. Wipe, install kernel. Profit!
Thank you I just wanted to make sure I was on the right page and about to do this correctly. So thank you for your advice bub!

itsita

Sep 29, 2012
Hey @kdrag0n

I have an issue with an app : USB Audio Player Pro - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en&gl=US

I'm on the latest version of ProtonAOSP and ProtonKernel, and also rooted with latest Magisk Stable. Magisk Hide Enabled for the app.

The app shows "Validation error" for "Using software to crack other apps".
I have contacted the developer, and his replay was:

"You have either installed Freedom or a jasi patcher or you have an app installed that behaves like the play store, like 'Proxy for in-app
purchases'. It can't be anything else."

Obviously I have none of these apps.

At this point may I ask you to look into it?

Thanks!

EDIT: SOLVED. The flagged app was "Titanium Backup Crash Fixer" by Jasi...

Last edited:

dallas87

Jan 20, 2021
How can I disable microg support?

Also I'm getting frequently this error: "SIM Manager keeps stopping"
I used ./fastboot -w before running flash-all.sh script (image used is W/O gapps, that why I want to disable microg support as well)
Also ... I flashed the ProtonAOSP boot as well

Last edited:

Jimmy Stat

Mar 10, 2019
NYC & Louisville
Yes I am using latest. I followed tutorial here step by step.

I don't know the exact command and file to use in the cmd window.

Is it?

Fastboot flash (drag and drop zip file)
Fastboot boot (drag and drop zip file)

Please help. Thank you

Hey so im having a similar issue. when i download am i supposed to extract to platform-tools like i would a stock image and do flash-all? Is that possible? Also, Ihave my patched boot from magisk in my platform-tools directory
Bc what I've been doing is downloading the file to my PC (obviously) and when its done and in my downloads, i copy it over to my platform tools directory and then i try
"fastboot flash the drag and drop the zip file as well as Fastboot boot etc.,

BC This is what ive been getting:
C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>fastboot flash C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip
unknown partition 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip'
fastboot: error: cannot determine image filename for 'C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1.zip'

and now this fof Fastboot boot ZipFile
C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>fastboot boot C:\Users\james\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools\proton-aosp_redfin_11.3.1-gapps.zip
creating boot image...
terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc: std::bad_alloc

all my drivers are up to date platform tool etc, i just patched the magisk canary boot img to root last night and im getting my serial number in fastboot devices. so i just dont know what im doing wrong here. should i flash it as a fully sipped file or unzip and flash? also, how do i do it so i can still keep my GP5 rooted....Thanks