ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11.3.2

ViperPyro

Feb 9, 2010
Just switched from stock to Proton. No issues installing or crashes in the past few days. It's working well (had Proton on my Pixel 2), however the touch sensitivity is terrible.

Literally zero touch possible with gloves (thin, touchscreen enabled gloves that work perfectly fine on my iPhone SE2, Pixel 2, Galaxy S6), and I often have to double hit/swipe for it to register my touches.
It feels worse than stock before the Dec Android update, but maybe it is just missing that change. I went looking for the Settings > Display > "Increase Touch Sensitivity" toggle but it is not there.

@kdrag0n can we please boost touch sensitivity by default or enable the toggle?
See here if not clear what I mean: https://9to5google.com/2020/12/08/d...op-hands-on-with-all-the-new-additions-video/

ViperPyro

Feb 9, 2010
You can't set the default gallery app so Photos can't delete anything without asking a bunch of times. Scoped storage is to blame.
Is there a fix to this? If it works on stock Android on Pixels, shouldn't it be possible to work on a custom ROM with full control?
It is quite annoying to approve every trash, watch Photos freeze/blur for a few seconds, wait....,and then keep using the Photos. Seriously wrecks the app.

dallas87

Jan 20, 2021
Had anybody else that issue with "SIM Manager keeps stopping" ?
I can't send sms and receiving them are delayed with @ 20m

Also, after flashing proton kernel my camera app dissapeard.
Is it there a way to flash stock camera?

pixelguy14

Jan 25, 2021
Hi guys,

Need some help pls

I updated the kernel on stock rom then i follow the advices to update the phone to proton rom
I didn't forget to wipe with -w but then the phone isn't working as even the procedure ran without any erro the phone wasn't able to complete the first boot

Now i'm stuck with a phone in fastboot but not recognized by my computer (i tried on two)
I can only go to rescue and recovery modes

the platform tool is in the right version

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

pixelguy14

Jan 25, 2021
Hi guys,

Need some help pls

I updated the kernel on stock rom then i follow the advices to update the phone to proton rom
I didn't forget to wipe with -w but then the phone isn't working as even the procedure ran without any erro the phone wasn't able to complete the first boot

Now i'm stuck with a phone in fastboot but not recognized by my computer (i tried on two)
'list of devices is empty' although windows make its sound when a device is plugged

adb sideload didn't work with a stock zip (stuck at 47%)

I can only go to rescue and recovery modes

the platform tool is in the right version

Thanks a lot
Finally OK with fastboot devices command instead of adb devices one

Last edited:

farbeyondoverkill

Dec 13, 2017
@kirschdog1 did you get it working
There are 2 ways to get V4A working on Android 11:
  1. Flash the attached zip in Magisk Manager and reboot. It's a slightly older version of V4A (v2.7.1.6) which is designed to work specifically with Android 11. Everything works perfectly without messing with any settings. The only thing to keep in mind is that the installer script disables SELinux to get it working. I grabbed this from the V4A thread.
  2. Follow these steps to get the latest version of V4A (v2.7.2.1) working:
    1. If you have any other installation of V4A or Audio Modification Library installed, uninstall those modules in Magisk Manager and reboot
    2. Install the Audio Modification Library module from Magisk Manager and press the reboot button when it's finished installing
    3. Install the latest V4A module from Magisk Manager and press the reboot button when it's finished installing
    4. Go into the V4A app, grant it root permission, let it install the driver and it will automatically reboot
    5. Once again go back into the V4A app, then go into Settings and enable Legacy Mode
    6. This method will likely preserve SELinux, but YMMV.
If you really don't care about SELinux and just want it to work without much effort, go with method #1. If you want to try to preserve SELinux and don't mind going through some more steps, go with method #2. Hope this helps!

Attachments

Reactions: kirschdog1

elong7681

May 23, 2015
Aiken
  1. Flash the attached zip in Magisk Manager and reboot. It's a slightly older version of V4A (v2.7.1.6) which is designed to work specifically with Android 11. Everything works perfectly without messing with any settings. The only thing to keep in mind is that the installer script disables SELinux to get it working. I grabbed this from the V4A thread.
    1. If you have any other installation of V4A or Audio Modification Library installed, uninstall those modules in Magisk Manager and reboot
    2. Install the Audio Modification Library module from Magisk Manager and press the reboot button when it's finished installing
    3. Install the latest V4A module from Magisk Manager and press the reboot button when it's finished installing
    4. Go into the V4A app, grant it root permission, let it install the driver and it will automatically reboot
    5. Once again go back into the V4A app, then go into Settings and enable Legacy Mode
If you really don't care about SELinux and just want it to work without much effort, go with method #1. If you want to try to preserve SELinux and don't mind going through some more steps, go with method #2. Hope this helps!
Initially it didn't work, but now it does ;)

Tried installing as you said:
1. Viper4Android FX v2.7.2.1 module, no reboot;
2.Audio Modification Library v4.0, no reboot;
3. Entered Viper and hit Ok and the phone rebooted.4
4. Processing not happening + Viper crashed when switching to Legacy.

Then I,
1. removed Audio Modification Library v4.0, but left Viper installed with Legacy mode enabled,
2. rebooted,
3. installed Audio Modification Library v4.0 again,
4. rebooted,
5. Baaaam..its working both with speaker and BT (AirPods, carstereo).

:good::good::good:

Haven't had Viper4Android for a while..daamn I forgot how amazing it is..now with it enabled its impossible to switch back to Viper-Off..sound that you thought was decent, is complete garbage ;)
DO THIS IT WORKED FOR ME

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
No usb notification when plugging into PC.
I have to manually go into Settings > Connected devices > USB > File Transfer
Is it just me or others have this issue?

Edit: also unable to open diag port for QPST.

Last edited: