ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11

Search This thread

andrew2432

Hey so this esim...I installed lineage and gapps but I could not connect to mobile data. Tried to download my esim but tossed an error. Looking through xda for answers. Planned on testing all three roms here just wanted stock to work correctly first. Then losing data was awful, went to a friend's for wifi and it had an error downloading the sim. This will likely be the next rom I try, thought I'd anpnoy everyone with a bump

andrew2432

Yes, at least for t-mobile.

I was initially having trouble but it just started working after a few days.. weird...

BUT!

The same thing happened on stock when I first switched to eSIM.

Hey after installing the rom how long did it take to connect to mobile data? You're with tmobile the parent and not sprint?

I tried lineage today and my mobile sim hoad an error downloading, even with gapps installed. Cell network connected but not mobile data. Gonna try all these anyway but wanted to try to understand what isnt happening correctly

Post above was supposed to reply to you but didn't work right lol

andrew2432

I haven't seen anywhere to opt to delete it or the like. I just Unlock BL then follow the instructions in OP using the web installer. Haven't lost my eSim across 5 flashes of it, 4 flashes of LOS, and 2 Return to stocks.

So anecdotally, shouldn't be an issue.

Hey still hanging around? I use that app after installing Los or this rom and it will find my sim? I tried to download my sim using Google and it threw me an error of some kind. I'm looking to try this next but need an esim fix

VivisClone

Jan 26, 2014
Hey still hanging around? I use that app after installing Los or this rom and it will find my sim? I tried to download my sim using Google and it threw me an error of some kind. I'm looking to try this next but need an esim
So 1. Install gapps, you'll need it to use esim as far as I'm aware. 2. I did need to go to my carriers website and scan a QR code to re add it.

That's about all I got for you, sorry

Reactions: andrew2432

V0latyle

Feb 20, 2011
Google Pixel 5
I tried this ROM for a little while yesterday. I have some comments.

First, please provide a flashable ZIP. I was uncomfortable using the web installer because of the security risk; I was less than pleased to discover this writes to not only boot and system, but the bootloader and radio as well.

I then attempted to boot TWRP in order to flash Magisk, which got stuck in a boot loop.

I have always preferred Google Chrome as the browser of choice; the built in browser should be removable.

I ended up having to do a complete factory reflash.

Reactions: andrew2432

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
I tried this ROM for a little while yesterday. I have some comments.

First, please provide a flashable ZIP. I was uncomfortable using the web installer because of the security risk; I was less than pleased to discover this writes to not only boot and system, but the bootloader and radio as well.

I then attempted to boot TWRP in order to flash Magisk, which got stuck in a boot loop.

I have always preferred Google Chrome as the browser of choice; the built in browser should be removable.

I ended up having to do a complete factory reflash.
You really really should have read the first post.

Three hints: download the flashable zip. Flash Magisk the normal way. Chrome is a security risk.

Cosmic Devourer

Oct 10, 2015
Hi
Im having an issue getting a paid VPN to connect using the proton rom and kernel.
Would this have anything to with the rom or kernel?
There seems to be no VPN pop-up dialogue that would normally show up when trying to connect to one?
Ive tried several different VPNs and even the Vpn option in Orbot which force closes the app when trying to connect to VPN.
Any help in solving this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

V0latyle

Feb 20, 2011
Google Pixel 5
You really really should have read the first post.

Three hints: download the flashable zip. Flash Magisk the normal way. Chrome is a security risk.
I did download the flashable zip, this isn't my first rodeo - I've been doing this since the OG Droid. Unable to flash the zip in TWRP. And beyond flashing Magisk in TWRP, what is the "normal" way?

I'm less concerned about Chrome on my phone than I am giving someone access to flash critical partitions over the Internet.

CrashTestDroid

Jul 12, 2013
I did download the flashable zip, this isn't my first rodeo - I've been doing this since the OG Droid. Unable to flash the zip in TWRP. And beyond flashing Magisk in TWRP, what is the "normal" way?

I'm less concerned about Chrome on my phone than I am giving someone access to flash critical partitions over the Internet.
Forget TWRP, use the shell script to flash Proton. Give the boot.img to Magisk app, flash using fastboot.

felek73

Jun 28, 2009
Warsaw
Hello everybody
Just received my pixel 5 and was devastated at the start about the fact how bad stock ROM performs. I went from OP 7 PRo with AOSP ROM (YAAP) and it was balzing fast comparing to stock pixel 5 ROM.
But then flashed this ROM and smiled ;) its super fast and battery is superb. Big KUDOS to devs..
At the start have got some question/proposal:
1. Is there any chance to add double tap to wake (probably at kernel side) ?
2. AOD doesnt present weather info like in my previou AOSP ROM, can it be added or it is closed source app feature ?
3. AOD is definietly to dim especially in dark environment .. it could be much brigter because now is barely visible ..fortunatelly we dont ave to worry about battery :)
4. Is there any working GCam mod for pixel 5 or SD 765 G processor phone ? I downloaded GCam form PlayStore but is performs bad , very bad.. switching beetwen lens and back/front camera lasts about5-7 sec , there is no special video mode like cinematic pan and so on... All it was working on Oxygen OS Gcam mod..

Sorry for my English ...

Reactions: mindyabiznis

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
Hello everybody
Just received my pixel 5 and was devastated at the start about the fact how bad stock ROM performs. I went from OP 7 PRo with AOSP ROM (YAAP) and it was balzing fast comparing to stock pixel 5 ROM.
But then flashed this ROM and smiled ;) its super fast and battery is superb. Big KUDOS to devs..
At the start have got some question/proposal:
1. Is there any chance to add double tap to wake (probably at kernel side) ?
2. AOD doesnt present weather info like in my previou AOSP ROM, can it be added or it is closed source app feature ?
3. AOD is definietly to dim especially in dark environment .. it could be much brigter because now is barely visible ..fortunatelly we dont ave to worry about battery :)
4. Is there any working GCam mod for pixel 5 or SD 765 G processor phone ? I downloaded GCam form PlayStore but is performs bad , very bad.. switching beetwen lens and back/front camera lasts about5-7 sec , there is no special video mode like cinematic pan and so on... All it was working on Oxygen OS Gcam mod..

Sorry for my English ...
The pxcam v1.2 on here (search xda) seems to work fluidly on my LOS p4a, only issue I have is the active video stabilisation causes the camera to force close. Not a huge issue as I don't go mountain biking or jet ski riding whilst trying to video stuff on my phone.

All the other video stabilisation settings work fine and switching from back to front camera is instant.

Last edited:
Reactions: felek73

felek73

Jun 28, 2009
Warsaw
The pxcam v1.2 on here (search xda) seems to work fluidly on my LOS p4a, only issue I have is the active video stabilisation causes the camera to force close. Not a huge issue as I don't go mountain biking or jet ski riding whilst trying to video stuff on my phone.

All the other video stabilisation settings work fine and switching from back to front camera is instant.
Thanks for replay but it behaves exactly like gcam from Play Store , switchnig front/back cam lasts few seconds and this new video modes are not available.. maybe because I'm rooted .. will try another ROM .. thanks ..

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 5
Thanks for replay but it behaves exactly like gcam from Play Store , switchnig front/back cam lasts few seconds and this new video modes are not available.. maybe because I'm rooted .. will try another ROM .. thanks ..i

Thanks for replay but it behaves exactly like gcam from Play Store , switchnig front/back cam lasts few seconds and this new video modes are not available.. maybe because I'm rooted .. will try another ROM .. thanks ..

It works fine for me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-124341_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210512-124341_Settings.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20210512-124120_Camera.png
    Screenshot_20210512-124120_Camera.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 34

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ProtonAOSP 11.5.1 has been released.

Changes:
    • June security patch and feature drop base
    Added status bar icon and clock customization
    Added 8 font styles, including playful, serif, and AOSP fonts
    Added performance and other technical details to website
    • Improved dark UI color scheme
    • Fixed compatibility with some apps (e.g. Brevent)
    • Fixed instability in media-heavy apps (e.g. long video calls)
    • Fixed recents text selection in Pixel Launcher
    • Fixed unknown characters (tofu) in some text
    • Updated Now Playing song database
    • Updated permissions for Google apps
    • Updated website link in Settings
    • Updated system fonts

Website
    Install from browser (recommended)
    Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    Hi guys.
    Can anybody help me find how to deactivate auto-call answering when I'm already in a call?
    It's the 1st time I have a phone doing this and it's very annoying.
    Anytime I'm in a call and another call is coming, I just have the time to hear the couple of "bip" notifying me about the second call and in the next second I'm in call with the new caller. The 1st one, obviously, is put in hold.
    It's very frustrating :/
    Thanks!
    I have no idea how this usually works or how it behaves, but it's probably AOSP Dialer's default behavior. I took a quick look at the settings and found Calls -> Additional settings -> Call waiting. Have you tried changing it?
    Anyone got text selection on recent page working?
    It looks like Pixel Launcher shows the text selection button but the feature doesn't actually work on 11.5.0. However, I've gotten it working now and will consider including it in the next version after reviewing privacy considerations related to the fix.
    I couldn't even get text selection button to show mate.

I'm using the standard Launcher that comes with the ROM, might sound stupid but I'm assuming that is the pixel launcher?
    No, read the FAQ: https://protonaosp.kdrag0n.dev/faq#missing-pixel-feature
    I see this partially covered in the FAQ but I need further explanation. I have Sprint currently and on a legacy plan without hotspot. Roms in the past allow me to use the phone data to hotspot my laptop when I am working in an area without wifi. Will this rom?
    Legacy Sprint customer here - works fine for me...
    @kdrag0n can you tell me if it's possible to change the colour of the accent on lock screen clock?

It's set at blue, tried changing theme colours but doesn't change.

When I had first installed this ROM I can't remember what I was doing but it changed to red briefly.

Also I installed Google dialer and systemized it to try and get call screening but it doesn't show up as an option, it's in priv-app but?
    The color of the typographical clock is derived from the wallpaper and can't be changed.
    ProtonAOSP
    Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Usage with my Proton Kernel is recommended to get the most out of your phone. The ROM does not include Proton Kernel, so you will need to flash it yourself. The ROM will still work with other kernels, but you will not get the benefits of Proton Kernel.

Screenshots
    Screenshots of the latest version

Installation
    This ROM is currently distributed as factory images, similar to stock. Flash it the same way you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

You can also use the quick & easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser and completes in as little as 4 minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.

More detailed installation instructions and guides

Features
    List of current features, with accompanying screenshots and explanations

Downloads
    Downloads and changelogs for all versions

Builds with and without minimal Google services (gapps) included are provided for convenience.

Using the quick and easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.

Support
    If you have questions or concerns, please read the Frequently Asked Questions before asking. It saves time for everyone involved, especially you, and allows us to provide higher-quality answers for all users.

Website with comprehensive documentation
    Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Please consider donating to support development if you found this helpful: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
    ROM source code
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.0 is now available with support for the Pixel 4a 5G, eSIM, enhanced carrier features, some Pixel-exclusive features, and many more changes.

Changes:
    • Updated to December feature drop and security patch
    • Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
    • Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
    • Fixed some apps detecting root
    • Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
    • Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
    • Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
    • Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
    • Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
    • Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
    • Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
    • Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
    • Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
    • Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
    • Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
    • Added SSH client and server with hardened config
    • Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
    • Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
    • Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
    • Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
    • Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
    • Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
    • Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added support for Pixel 4a 5G

Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    A new ROM with the January security update and SafetyNet passing out-of-the-box will be released within a few days. The SafetyNet failures are caused by new updates released by Google yesterday. My new Universal SafetyNet Fix Magisk module solves the problem for now: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.2 is now available with security updates and an easy-to-use web installer.

Changes:
    • Updated to February security patch
    • Added new space wallpapers by Infinitum
    • Updated visual voicemail configs
    • Pixel 5: Added support for standalone 5G on T-Mobile
    New easy-to-use web installer

This version introduces a new easy-to-use web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider installing with the web installer instead of doing it manually.

Install from browser
    Download

Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, Screen Attention, and several other Pixel-exclusive features (not all) will be added in the next version with the December security patch.