Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-135814_Camera_PX.png
    Screenshot_20210512-135814_Camera_PX.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 52

felek73

Jun 28, 2009
Warsaw
Not sure what to say buddy,

I'm using Proton ROM with Proton Kernel and using the Google camera app directly from play store. Nothing special 🤷🏽‍♂️
Got it.. I use FnG and nonavbar substratum theme .. it causing this weird gcam behavior .. had to figure out how to use gcam and get rid of navbar at the same time

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011
@kdrag0n I flashed proton today with the kernel, have to say, I love it, super fast, can't comment on battery yet because only had the phone a few hours but performance is fantastic so, thank you.

Just wondering if there's any chance that AOD will be ported to this anytime soon? I have no tile option in pull down menu and I cannot find it in settings.

Also if it's possible to get "buttons" in the system settings for things like reorientation of the volume keys when in landscape view, and to show the volume panel on the left?

The ability to select and remove status bar icons in settings would also be great.

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
I tried this ROM for a little while yesterday. I have some comments.

First, please provide a flashable ZIP. I was uncomfortable using the web installer because of the security risk; I was less than pleased to discover this writes to not only boot and system, but the bootloader and radio as well.

I then attempted to boot TWRP in order to flash Magisk, which got stuck in a boot loop.

I have always preferred Google Chrome as the browser of choice; the built in browser should be removable.

I ended up having to do a complete factory reflash.
if you're an OG then you should understand by now that this sense of entitlement isn't considered polite or acceptable on XDA. This product literally costs you nothing.

Making feature requests is a far cry from the demands you're making.

You're better off on stock.

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
I installed gcam from the play store, and all runs well, but switching between back and front cam is veeeery slow. Any idea what this could be? I'm also running the Proton kernel.

Also, I just got this Pixel 5 and came from a Oneplus 8 Pro. Especially with this ROM I see almost no performance differences. I don't know how stock is (Went straight to this ROM), but comparing those two SoCs, I'm amazed how the only "performance" difference I see is 120hz vs 90hz. Well done man
the google camera on play store is not the newest one.

do a search for "google camera apk mirror" and you'll find the latest one. no idea why google doesn't update the play store version...

^IC3

Jul 16, 2015
Quick question, can you set a static IP on ethernet connection? It's a massive deal breaker for me, could anyone check/confirm? Thanks!

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
Quick question, can you set a static IP on ethernet connection? It's a massive deal breaker for me, could anyone check/confirm? Thanks!
Best practice would be to set an IP reservation from your router, and not from the device. this will prevent IP conflicts.

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
this is a GREAT ROM and kernel. i've been using both for a few days now, coming from CalyxOS.

performance and battery life are indeed better on Proton than with stock or Calyx. perfectly stable. connection switchover (ex Wifi to LTE) are much faster on Proton, which is one of my biggest peeves with Android, overall. This ROM has fixed that issue.

I'm using microg (from f-droid, the magisk module for microg isn't working with latest magisk right now). Working without issue. Viper4android module from magisk works without issue (no need for legacy or compatability modes).

Thank you, dev, for this awesome work and continued support.

^IC3

Jul 16, 2015
this is a GREAT ROM and kernel. i've been using both for a few days now, coming from CalyxOS.

performance and battery life are indeed better on Proton than with stock or Calyx. perfectly stable. connection switchover (ex Wifi to LTE) are much faster on Proton, which is one of my biggest peeves with Android, overall. This ROM has fixed that issue.

I'm using microg (from f-droid, the magisk module for microg isn't working with latest magisk right now). Working without issue. Viper4android module from magisk works without issue (no need for legacy or compatability modes).

Thank you, dev, for this awesome work and continued support.
Can you set static IP on ethernet tho?

Do bank apps workon on this ROM?

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
Can you set static IP on ethernet tho?

Do bank apps workon on this ROM?
Can't speak to the banking apps question. I would say "probably".

Yes, you can set IP reservations on ethernet. The router doesn't care if it's Wifi or ethernet. Everything needs an IP to move data.

^IC3

Jul 16, 2015
Can't speak to the banking apps question. I would say "probably".

Yes, you can set IP reservations on ethernet. The router doesn't care if it's Wifi or ethernet. Everything needs an IP to move data.
I don't think you understand my question, in asking if the STATIC IP can be set on eth0. NOT WiFi, thanks

WaxysDargle

Jul 17, 2012
I don't think you understand my question, in asking if the STATIC IP can be set on eth0. NOT WiFi, thanks
lol i understand just fine.

setting a STATIC IP is the old way. the new way is to set a RESERVATION. you get the same effect without the drawbacks of a static IP.

you can set it on any adapter you like. you just need the mac address of the adapter. in this case, the adapter is eth0. you need the mac address for the eth0 adapter. you'll use that to set your reservation on the router.

^IC3

Jul 16, 2015
lol i understand just fine.

setting a STATIC IP is the old way. the new way is to set a RESERVATION. you get the same effect without the drawbacks of a static IP.

you can set it on any adapter you like. you just need the mac address of the adapter. in this case, the adapter is eth0. you need the mac address for the eth0 adapter. you'll use that to set your reservation on the router.
I'm not using a router.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys.
    Can anybody help me find how to deactivate auto-call answering when I'm already in a call?
    It's the 1st time I have a phone doing this and it's very annoying.
    Anytime I'm in a call and another call is coming, I just have the time to hear the couple of "bip" notifying me about the second call and in the next second I'm in call with the new caller. The 1st one, obviously, is put in hold.
    It's very frustrating :/
    Thanks!
    I have no idea how this usually works or how it behaves, but it's probably AOSP Dialer's default behavior. I took a quick look at the settings and found Calls -> Additional settings -> Call waiting. Have you tried changing it?
    Anyone got text selection on recent page working?
    It looks like Pixel Launcher shows the text selection button but the feature doesn't actually work on 11.5.0. However, I've gotten it working now and will consider including it in the next version after reviewing privacy considerations related to the fix.
    I couldn't even get text selection button to show mate.

I'm using the standard Launcher that comes with the ROM, might sound stupid but I'm assuming that is the pixel launcher?
    No, read the FAQ: https://protonaosp.kdrag0n.dev/faq#missing-pixel-feature
    @kdrag0n just some clarification on the FAQ, it mentions not adding weather widget to the ambient display.

Am I missing something in that I cannot get ambient display to work on this ROM full stop? It's not been ported over has it?

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier but I feel like I've read through the whole thread and not seen it mentioned not being available on this ROM.

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me how to get battery monitor on the power menu as pictured in the screenshots please?
    What do you mean? All ambient display-related settings and functionality are exactly the same as stock.

The battery monitor is an unreleased prototype app of mine, unrelated to the ROM.
    @kdrag0n can you tell me if it's possible to change the colour of the accent on lock screen clock?

It's set at blue, tried changing theme colours but doesn't change.

When I had first installed this ROM I can't remember what I was doing but it changed to red briefly.

Also I installed Google dialer and systemized it to try and get call screening but it doesn't show up as an option, it's in priv-app but?
    The color of the typographical clock is derived from the wallpaper and can't be changed.
    So I've managed to get AccA working on this ROM 3 nights in a row and seems to be stable.

What I did was set v2020.10.28 in the app settings.

Have the magisk module activated as well.

Switch is dc/input_suspend.

This switch successfully restarts charging when it drops below threshold as well, I know 1 or 2 people mentioned they couldn't get it to do that.

Also I have charging power control set to 4200mv and 1000ma, just for good measure.

The only issue I have is that it always seems to terminate charging 2% above what I set so I have it set at 80, it stops at 82 so if you don't want it above 80 try setting at 78 although YMMV.

Just thought I'd post this to let people know it does work and hopefully this can help others :)
    ProtonAOSP
    Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Usage with my Proton Kernel is recommended to get the most out of your phone. The ROM does not include Proton Kernel, so you will need to flash it yourself. The ROM will still work with other kernels, but you will not get the benefits of Proton Kernel.

Screenshots
    Screenshots of the latest version

Installation
    This ROM is currently distributed as factory images, similar to stock. Flash it the same way you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

You can also use the quick & easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser and completes in as little as 4 minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.

More detailed installation instructions and guides

Features
    List of current features, with accompanying screenshots and explanations

Downloads
    Downloads and changelogs for all versions

Builds with and without minimal Google services (gapps) included are provided for convenience.

Using the quick and easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.

Support
    If you have questions or concerns, please read the Frequently Asked Questions before asking. It saves time for everyone involved, especially you, and allows us to provide higher-quality answers for all users.

Website with comprehensive documentation
    Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Please consider donating to support development if you found this helpful: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
    ROM source code
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.0 is now available with support for the Pixel 4a 5G, eSIM, enhanced carrier features, some Pixel-exclusive features, and many more changes.

Changes:
    • Updated to December feature drop and security patch
    • Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
    • Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
    • Fixed some apps detecting root
    • Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
    • Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
    • Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
    • Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
    • Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
    • Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
    • Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
    • Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
    • Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
    • Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
    • Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
    • Added SSH client and server with hardened config
    • Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
    • Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
    • Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
    • Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
    • Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
    • Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
    • Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added support for Pixel 4a 5G

Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    A new ROM with the January security update and SafetyNet passing out-of-the-box will be released within a few days. The SafetyNet failures are caused by new updates released by Google yesterday. My new Universal SafetyNet Fix Magisk module solves the problem for now: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.2 is now available with security updates and an easy-to-use web installer.

Changes:
    • Updated to February security patch
    • Added new space wallpapers by Infinitum
    • Updated visual voicemail configs
    • Pixel 5: Added support for standalone 5G on T-Mobile
    New easy-to-use web installer

This version introduces a new easy-to-use web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider installing with the web installer instead of doing it manually.

Install from browser
    Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, Screen Attention, and several other Pixel-exclusive features (not all) will be added in the next version with the December security patch.