Got it.. I use FnG and nonavbar substratum theme .. it causing this weird gcam behavior .. had to figure out how to use gcam and get rid of navbar at the same timeNot sure what to say buddy,
I'm using Proton ROM with Proton Kernel and using the Google camera app directly from play store. Nothing special
if you're an OG then you should understand by now that this sense of entitlement isn't considered polite or acceptable on XDA. This product literally costs you nothing.I tried this ROM for a little while yesterday. I have some comments.
First, please provide a flashable ZIP. I was uncomfortable using the web installer because of the security risk; I was less than pleased to discover this writes to not only boot and system, but the bootloader and radio as well.
I then attempted to boot TWRP in order to flash Magisk, which got stuck in a boot loop.
I have always preferred Google Chrome as the browser of choice; the built in browser should be removable.
I ended up having to do a complete factory reflash.
the google camera on play store is not the newest one.I installed gcam from the play store, and all runs well, but switching between back and front cam is veeeery slow. Any idea what this could be? I'm also running the Proton kernel.
Also, I just got this Pixel 5 and came from a Oneplus 8 Pro. Especially with this ROM I see almost no performance differences. I don't know how stock is (Went straight to this ROM), but comparing those two SoCs, I'm amazed how the only "performance" difference I see is 120hz vs 90hz. Well done man
Can you set static IP on ethernet tho?this is a GREAT ROM and kernel. i've been using both for a few days now, coming from CalyxOS.
performance and battery life are indeed better on Proton than with stock or Calyx. perfectly stable. connection switchover (ex Wifi to LTE) are much faster on Proton, which is one of my biggest peeves with Android, overall. This ROM has fixed that issue.
I'm using microg (from f-droid, the magisk module for microg isn't working with latest magisk right now). Working without issue. Viper4android module from magisk works without issue (no need for legacy or compatability modes).
Thank you, dev, for this awesome work and continued support.
Can't speak to the banking apps question. I would say "probably".Can you set static IP on ethernet tho?
Do bank apps workon on this ROM?
I don't think you understand my question, in asking if the STATIC IP can be set on eth0. NOT WiFi, thanksCan't speak to the banking apps question. I would say "probably".
Yes, you can set IP reservations on ethernet. The router doesn't care if it's Wifi or ethernet. Everything needs an IP to move data.
lol i understand just fine.I don't think you understand my question, in asking if the STATIC IP can be set on eth0. NOT WiFi, thanks
I'm not using a router.lol i understand just fine.
setting a STATIC IP is the old way. the new way is to set a RESERVATION. you get the same effect without the drawbacks of a static IP.
you can set it on any adapter you like. you just need the mac address of the adapter. in this case, the adapter is eth0. you need the mac address for the eth0 adapter. you'll use that to set your reservation on the router.
I have no idea how this usually works or how it behaves, but it's probably AOSP Dialer's default behavior. I took a quick look at the settings and found Calls -> Additional settings -> Call waiting. Have you tried changing it?Hi guys.
Can anybody help me find how to deactivate auto-call answering when I'm already in a call?
It's the 1st time I have a phone doing this and it's very annoying.
Anytime I'm in a call and another call is coming, I just have the time to hear the couple of "bip" notifying me about the second call and in the next second I'm in call with the new caller. The 1st one, obviously, is put in hold.
It's very frustrating :/
It looks like Pixel Launcher shows the text selection button but the feature doesn't actually work on 11.5.0. However, I've gotten it working now and will consider including it in the next version after reviewing privacy considerations related to the fix.Anyone got text selection on recent page working?
No, read the FAQ: https://protonaosp.kdrag0n.dev/faq#missing-pixel-featureI couldn't even get text selection button to show mate.
I'm using the standard Launcher that comes with the ROM, might sound stupid but I'm assuming that is the pixel launcher?
What do you mean? All ambient display-related settings and functionality are exactly the same as stock.@kdrag0n just some clarification on the FAQ, it mentions not adding weather widget to the ambient display.
Am I missing something in that I cannot get ambient display to work on this ROM full stop? It's not been ported over has it?
Apologies if this has been discussed earlier but I feel like I've read through the whole thread and not seen it mentioned not being available on this ROM.
EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me how to get battery monitor on the power menu as pictured in the screenshots please?
The color of the typographical clock is derived from the wallpaper and can't be changed.@kdrag0n can you tell me if it's possible to change the colour of the accent on lock screen clock?
It's set at blue, tried changing theme colours but doesn't change.
When I had first installed this ROM I can't remember what I was doing but it changed to red briefly.
Also I installed Google dialer and systemized it to try and get call screening but it doesn't show up as an option, it's in priv-app but?
• Updated to December feature drop and security patch
• Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
• Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
• Fixed some apps detecting root
• Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
• Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
• Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
• Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
• Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
• Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
• Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
• Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
• Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
• Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
• Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
• Added SSH client and server with hardened config
• Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
• Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
• Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
• Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
• Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
• Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
• Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for Pixel 4a 5G
• Updated to February security patch
• Added new space wallpapers by Infinitum
• Updated visual voicemail configs
• Pixel 5: Added support for standalone 5G on T-Mobile
• New easy-to-use web installer