No, read the FAQ: https://protonaosp.kdrag0n.dev/faq#missing-pixel-feature
No, read the FAQ: https://protonaosp.kdrag0n.dev/faq#missing-pixel-feature
Ahh ok that would make sense.
I see this partially covered in the FAQ but I need further explanation. I have Sprint currently and on a legacy plan without hotspot. Roms in the past allow me to use the phone data to hotspot my laptop when I am working in an area without wifi. Will this rom?Tethering works, and I can see log messages about successful hardware acceleration setup.
VoLTE should work with all carriers supported on stock — it's Wi-Fi calling that's finnicky, and I converted the carrier configs from stock for use in AOSP — but your mileage may vary. It works for me on a T-Mobile US MVNO, as does Wi-Fi calling.
Legacy Sprint customer here - works fine for me...
I don't know about Sprint, but this ROM does include a common patch related to tethering APNs. Whether that's the only change you need depends on your carrier.
The color of the typographical clock is derived from the wallpaper and can't be changed.@kdrag0n can you tell me if it's possible to change the colour of the accent on lock screen clock?
It's set at blue, tried changing theme colours but doesn't change.
When I had first installed this ROM I can't remember what I was doing but it changed to red briefly.
Also I installed Google dialer and systemized it to try and get call screening but it doesn't show up as an option, it's in priv-app but?
Audio playback should be identical to stock as nothing has been changed, though whether Adaptive Sound is enabled by default might vary. Thank you for the support!Question of curiosity. How does the audio/music playback stack up against the stock ROM vs ProtonAOSP with the Proton kernel? I ask as I never bothered with stock, as soon as I got the phone I unlocked it and installed both this ROM and kernel, and I have found I absolutely love the quality of audio I am hearing! I haven't even bothered to mess with the equalizer like I usually do.
Also, so far I am loving this system, it is working very well for me! So please keep up the good work!
I also would like to donate more than coffee to you some day when I can afford it! For now I will settle for a few dollars while I am in university.
Well, my friend, that option (Call waiting) is something I want to be enable. I don't want to change it. I want to be notified during a call that a second call is coming. Like the other phones I had until now, did. What I don't want is that 2nd call to take over the 1st one, without any notice.
By "changing it," I meant enabling or disabling it respectively depending on your preference. Check the help text for the setting in the Phone app.Well, my friend, that option (Call waiting) is something I want to be enable. I don't want to change it. I want to be notified during a call that a second call is coming. Like the other phones I had until now, did. What I don't want is that 2nd call to take over the 1st one, without any notice.
And look what else I've noticed regarding this.
If I have the phone off the ear, so if I have a speaker call, then I see somebody else is calling me, but I continue to have my 1st call, like it's normal.
That automaticaly taken over of the 1st call by the 2nd one is hapening only when I have a normal call, with the phone on my ear.
• June security patch and feature drop base
• Added status bar icon and clock customization
• Added 8 font styles, including playful, serif, and AOSP fonts
• Added performance and other technical details to website
• Improved dark UI color scheme
• Fixed compatibility with some apps (e.g. Brevent)
• Fixed instability in media-heavy apps (e.g. long video calls)
• Fixed recents text selection in Pixel Launcher
• Fixed unknown characters (tofu) in some text
• Updated Now Playing song database
• Updated permissions for Google apps
• Updated website link in Settings
• Updated system fonts
There's no Knox so it's easy to reset to stock without leaving a trace if you like. Can't speak for In tune but mine passes Safetynet as expected. You can use MagiskHide for troublesome apps if there's an issue.I hate to ask, but here it goes:
Will downloading/installing Proton and Magisk break SafetyNET and/or Microsoft InTune?
I read SafetyNET should be fine, but InTune is a must for me since I use it for work.
Also, if I unlock my Pixel 5 and install this + root, is it possible to revert to stock without any traces afterwards?
Had a Samsung S10e, and Knox more or less software-bricked the phone for me since Knox got tripped.
• July security patch
• Added search to website
• Added red, green, and blue color balance settings
• Added alarm, ringtone, and notification sounds from Plasma Mobile
• Added HarmonyOS Sans font style
• Extended font styles to affect third-party apps (reboot to apply changes)
• Improved Night Light quality using chromatic adaptation (reduced color distortion)
• Improved Ambient EQ quality (with modern color science: CAT16)
• More gradual transition when turning Night Light on/off
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G, 4/XL: Added setting for increased touch sensitivity
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G, 4/XL: Added "Saturated" color profile
• Pixel 5, 4a 5G: Fixed Night Sight crashes in Google Camera
• Pixel 4/XL, 2/XL: Fixed Active Edge instability with multiple profiles
• Pixel 4/XL: Added support for HDR10+ (Diab)
• Pixel 4/XL: Added support for modem diagnostics
The issue with GCam Night Sight has been fixed for the next ROM version. It was caused by the latest GCam update (8.2.400) making assumptions about the ROM build that only hold true on stock.hi there, it seems that on any google camera past 8.2.204 (at least in terms of APKs i can find, 8.2.400 was the next version i tried), trying to take a night sight picture will crash the camera app.
would you be able to look into this to see if it's an issue with the rom? thanks!
furthermore, is there any way to auto allow Google Photos to modify images/files without asking? it's been given the storage permissions, however any time i delete or edit a photo in any way, a pop up shows up "Allow Photos to [do x] to this photo?"
That feature has been added for the next version.Just wondering if there's any chance of having the "increase touch sensitivity for when using a screen protector" implemented into when you do a new build?
Have a new screen protector and am getting occasional non detected touches when I 100% definitely did make good contact.
I believe so. It's in the advanced settings on as default.
• Updated to December feature drop and security patch
• Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
• Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
• Fixed some apps detecting root
• Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
• Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
• Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
• Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
• Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
• Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
• Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
• Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
• Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
• Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
• Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
• Added SSH client and server with hardened config
• Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
• Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
• Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
• Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
• Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
• Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
• Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for Pixel 4a 5G