• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11

Search This thread

hoqpus

Jan 17, 2011
there's some strange version check in the flash-all.bat of 11.6.0 which needs to be removed otherwise you cannot flash:

"
:: Detect Fastboot version with inline PowerShell
:: Should work with Windows 7 and later

where /q fastboot || ECHO fastboot not found; please download the latest version at https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html and add it to the shell PATH && EXIT /B

@powershell ^
$version=fastboot --version; ^
try { ^
$verNum = $version[0].substring(17, 6); ^
$verNum = $verNum.replace('.', ''); ^
if ((-Not ($verNum -gt 2802)) -Or (-Not ($verNum -match '^[\d.]+$'))) { ^
Exit 1 ^
} ^
} catch { ^
Exit 1 ^
}

"

Reactions: lancebuks

CrimsonFlare

Nov 18, 2010
Parma
I'm having a similar issue. I've followed that guide to a"T" and it still won't boot after I push the magisk patched boot.img.

I was on 11.5.2 and updated to 11.6. I installed the proton kernel just fine. I go to push the patched boot.img and half the time ADB says that It's waiting for a device. I restart the bootloader from the up/down menu and it recognizes it and pushes the patched boot.img. It says "boot.img missing cmdline or OS version" but still says "OK" at the end.

Phone reboots, and it either gets stuck on the "Google" logo and after a while I get this thin, horizontal band of garbled static across my screen or it gets stuck at the boot animation. I've let it sit for 10 minutes like that and that's as far is it goes. I've reinstalled the 11.6 update several times, I've installed it after wiping too. No changes. I've used 3 different cables and 2 different usb ports.

It boots just fine with 11.6 and proton kernel without root just fine, but getting root isn't working. The last update I had some trouble getting it to boot with the magisk patch but I've been at this for hours now and it's making me feel incompetent. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated!

Vortuks

Jul 13, 2014
Hi, does call recording works in any country? I'm particularly interested in Poland, as in our law, recording voice calls is allowed if we're party of the call. I want to know, before unlocking bootloader and flashing image.

stackz07

Dec 26, 2012
I'm having a similar issue. I've followed that guide to a"T" and it still won't boot after I push the magisk patched boot.img.

I was on 11.5.2 and updated to 11.6. I installed the proton kernel just fine. I go to push the patched boot.img and half the time ADB says that It's waiting for a device. I restart the bootloader from the up/down menu and it recognizes it and pushes the patched boot.img. It says "boot.img missing cmdline or OS version" but still says "OK" at the end.

Phone reboots, and it either gets stuck on the "Google" logo and after a while I get this thin, horizontal band of garbled static across my screen or it gets stuck at the boot animation. I've let it sit for 10 minutes like that and that's as far is it goes. I've reinstalled the 11.6 update several times, I've installed it after wiping too. No changes. I've used 3 different cables and 2 different usb ports.

It boots just fine with 11.6 and proton kernel without root just fine, but getting root isn't working. The last update I had some trouble getting it to boot with the magisk patch but I've been at this for hours now and it's making me feel incompetent. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated!

This is happening to me too :\

stackz07

Dec 26, 2012

Ok. If you clean install, then do magisk first, THEN kernel it works. You can't do kernel then magisk or it breaks it.

stackz07

Dec 26, 2012
As much as I'd like to swear that I tried magisk before the kernel, your advice did the trick. Thank you very much!!
Absolutely. It was in the magisk install notes actually.. As I am getting older I am finding myself saving time by reading instructions and actually asking for directions sometimes ;) Am stoked to have some improvements with this ROM though.. Thought pixel roms were dying!

Reactions: andybones

antonio_d25

Aug 31, 2021
I'm having an issue installing Google Camera from the playstore and from apk mirror. I have attached the message I keep getting on playstore. My google camera was working before when I was on version 11.x.x of Proton ROM (can't remember the specific version of the ROM). I had installed the GCAM as a priv-app and then I upgraded to the latest proton rom using web installer. After upgrading to 11.6.0 my gcam icon of the app was gone. even though it was still installed as a system app. I then I reverted it to a user app using termux so I could uninstall the package which i did so i could
238590952_456607092574754_2633836586502419133_n.jpg
install it all over again. I also deleted the leftovers from the priv-app folder. Now I am trying to install it from the google store but I am not able to. What can I do to fix it? I have tried a bunch of different methods but so far I can't install it from the play store and I can't install it from 3rd party apk websites...

beanboy07

Aug 22, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Ok. If you clean install, then do magisk first, THEN kernel it works. You can't do kernel then magisk or it breaks it.
I'm experiencing the exact same issues. This is the only way to gain root now by a clean install if I have flashed a kernel before Magisk?

What I find strange is my problems with regaining root from upgrading to the 11.60 beta from 11.52 was eventually overcome sucessfully. Didn't seem to matter if I flashed kernel or Magisk first but now it does? And I have to clean flash to fix it? I will if needed just have a hard time understanding why when I was able to get it to work prior in beta.

Qheb

Jul 25, 2016
Got an issue this morning,

Woke up and got a notification saying "this phone is not capable of using Google pay anymore click here for details"

So I click and it tells me I am running a rooted rom or custom software and as a result Google pay has been disabled.

Has there been a sneaky Google play services update that we don't know about because Google pay was working fine until this morning.

Also in magisk safetynet test fails now, nothing on my phone has been installed or modified since yesterday.

EDIT: I have not flashed latest version of protonAOSP yet but only because I've been busy and I haven't had the time to flash then root and re-enable my magisk modules.

EDIT EDIT: so used magiskhide props config, reset fingerprint to pixel 5, rebooted, passed magisk safetynet test, Google pay still reporting card as "not setup" and not showing "device certified" in play store settings. So fully cleared data of play store and play services, rebooted, had to re setup my card but it's all working again now.

Would be interested to know what tripped and effectively completely broke gpay though, it's not like I've done anything that would cause safetynet to fail since I last updated proton, and I've been using it daily for gpay.

I got exactly the same issue, with Google Pay telling me I am running a rooted rom or custom software.

I was using ProtonAOSP 11.3.3 with ProtonKernel 1.1 without any modification, no root and no Magisk.
I upgraded to ProtonAOSP 11.6.0 and ProtonKernel 2.1 but SafetyNet test is still failing (basicIntegrity succeeds but ctsProfileMatch fails)

Is there any way to pass SafetyNet other than installling MagiskHide ?

I got exactly the same issue, with Google Pay telling me I am running a rooted rom or custom software.

I was using ProtonAOSP 11.3.3 with ProtonKernel 1.1 without any modification, no root and no Magisk.
I upgraded to ProtonAOSP 11.6.0 and ProtonKernel 2.1 but SafetyNet test is still failing (basicIntegrity succeeds but ctsProfileMatch fails)

you could try methods from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tutorial-unlock-bootloader-get-root-and-valid-safetynet.4178673/

it is working at least on my stock rom now

Reactions: lancebuks

mindyabiznis

Oct 16, 2011

I used the guide here https://droidholic.com/fix-safetynet-failed-cts-profile-false/

Google pay is working 100% now

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
@kdrag0n This rom has given new life to my Pixel 5 since I installed yesterday. I've had stock since I bought it when it came out and I've been going back and forth between it and my S21 due to the lag/janky scrolling of the 5 on stock. There is really a major difference on this rom and I really appreciate your efforts. I love the size and weight of this phone and of course the camera. Now it's back to my daily driver.

Have yet to really test battery, but seems fine. Even if it slips a little bit thats a no problem trade-off for the increased performance. No over heating issues either.

I gave a small donation yesterday, hope you got it.

Reactions: lineman74

DaddySanic

Nov 1, 2016
Does anybody have this issue with the rom, version 11.6 ProtonAOSP, no magisk or kernel with google pay not letting me add my card and play store saying device is not certified? Do i need to have magisk and kernel with all the neccessary safetynet modules to make google pay work? (it says on ProtonAOSP that the stock image indeed has "safetynet passing out of box")

Reactions: peneoark

blabla189

Jun 29, 2010
Bielefeld
I had the same questions and from my current understanding you should be able to pass SafetyNet if you only install the Rom without Kernel. If you installing both you need Magisk and all the necessary modules to pass SafetyNet. Only then you can use Google Pay. Did that and it worked great!

blabla189

Jun 29, 2010
Bielefeld
How is the battery life for you with this rom? Mine is mediocre at best although I installed everything clean (webinstaller for 11.6, Proton kernel, magisk (just safetynet pass)).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is stock OTA disabled? just got asked to upgrade to Android 12
    ProtonAOSP
    Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Usage with my Proton Kernel is recommended to get the most out of your phone. The ROM does not include Proton Kernel, so you will need to flash it yourself. The ROM will still work with other kernels, but you will not get the benefits of Proton Kernel.

Screenshots
    Screenshots of the latest version

Installation
    This ROM is currently distributed as factory images, similar to stock. Flash it the same way you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

You can also use the quick & easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser and completes in as little as 4 minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.

More detailed installation instructions and guides

Features
    List of current features, with accompanying screenshots and explanations

Downloads
    Downloads and changelogs for all versions

Builds with and without minimal Google services (gapps) included are provided for convenience.

Using the quick and easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.

Support
    If you have questions or concerns, please read the Frequently Asked Questions before asking. It saves time for everyone involved, especially you, and allows us to provide higher-quality answers for all users.

Website with comprehensive documentation
    Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Please consider donating to support development if you found this helpful: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
    ROM source code
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.0 is now available with support for the Pixel 4a 5G, eSIM, enhanced carrier features, some Pixel-exclusive features, and many more changes.

Changes:
    • Updated to December feature drop and security patch
    • Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
    • Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
    • Fixed some apps detecting root
    • Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
    • Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
    • Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
    • Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
    • Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
    • Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
    • Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
    • Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
    • Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
    • Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
    • Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
    • Added SSH client and server with hardened config
    • Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
    • Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
    • Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
    • Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
    • Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
    • Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
    • Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added support for Pixel 4a 5G

Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    A new ROM with the January security update and SafetyNet passing out-of-the-box will be released within a few days. The SafetyNet failures are caused by new updates released by Google yesterday. My new Universal SafetyNet Fix Magisk module solves the problem for now: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.2 is now available with security updates and an easy-to-use web installer.

Changes:
    • Updated to February security patch
    • Added new space wallpapers by Infinitum
    • Updated visual voicemail configs
    • Pixel 5: Added support for standalone 5G on T-Mobile
    New easy-to-use web installer

This version introduces a new easy-to-use web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider installing with the web installer instead of doing it manually.

Install from browser
    Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, Screen Attention, and several other Pixel-exclusive features (not all) will be added in the next version with the December security patch.