if your bootloader is lock you wont be able to install this rom...... period the bootloader has to be unlocked. did you pay for your phone full price if not your stuck with a locked bootloader my friend. phone has to be paid off and than you would have to call your phone carrier to unlock the phone
you need to install the dboimg for this version i remember having the same problem but when i flash the dbo.img it booted up the commend is fastboot flash dbo dbo.imgI'm having a similar issue. I've followed that guide to a"T" and it still won't boot after I push the magisk patched boot.img.
I was on 11.5.2 and updated to 11.6. I installed the proton kernel just fine. I go to push the patched boot.img and half the time ADB says that It's waiting for a device. I restart the bootloader from the up/down menu and it recognizes it and pushes the patched boot.img. It says "boot.img missing cmdline or OS version" but still says "OK" at the end.
Phone reboots, and it either gets stuck on the "Google" logo and after a while I get this thin, horizontal band of garbled static across my screen or it gets stuck at the boot animation. I've let it sit for 10 minutes like that and that's as far is it goes. I've reinstalled the 11.6 update several times, I've installed it after wiping too. No changes. I've used 3 different cables and 2 different usb ports.
It boots just fine with 11.6 and proton kernel without root just fine, but getting root isn't working. The last update I had some trouble getting it to boot with the magisk patch but I've been at this for hours now and it's making me feel incompetent. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated!
Just for clarity. You flashed ProtonAOSP and ProtonKernel without Magisk, relocked the bootloader, and SafetyNet passes?Thanks for your answers @creezalird & @mindyabiznis . But since I didn't take the time to install MagiskHide on my device, I couldn't try your solutions.
It turns out my Pixel 5 with ProtonAOSP 11.6.0 and ProtonKernel 2.1 finally fully passed the SafetyNet test by itself a few days ago... without changing anything. The same way it stopped passing it two months before.
I must say I don't really understand what happened, but I can now use Google Pay with ProtonAOSP & ProtonKernel, and without MagiskHide.
So, @DaddySanic , yes I had the same issue as you, and it fixed by itself... I hope it does the same for you.
I actually didn't relock the bootloader, but yes that's it.
• Updated to December feature drop and security patch
• Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
• Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
• Fixed some apps detecting root
• Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
• Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
• Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
• Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
• Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
• Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
• Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
• Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
• Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
• Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
• Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
• Added SSH client and server with hardened config
• Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
• Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
• Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
• Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
• Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
• Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
• Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for Pixel 4a 5G