Go to Settings > Storage, it'll give you a clearer picture of how much space system and apps are using. 50GB does sound like a lot, but I'm only on the stock firmware, so apps+system is about 36GB for me.I have used this method to flash Android 12 stable stock firmware.
When I look disc space available it says 50GB of data is used, unfortunately I cannot access my files and photos anymore.
Downloads folder is empty, as well as Whatsapp data...
So the DCIM folder is empty, but the available space tells me there is a lot of data still on the phone...
Is it possible that two userdata partitions are present now??
Anyone know how to gain access to the other data?? And copy it to 'this install'?
That's how the boot animation looks so let it sit until it fully boots into AndroidI tried flashing the 11.6.0 version manually since I don't like Android 12 so far. I did it by the book even with fastboot -w but when I get to the point where it should boot to the OS first time I get a cryptic logo of a bottle and some fire behind it which could mean anything. What is happening there? I am using the latest platform tools and during the process nothing seems wrong. Phone is Pixel 5/redfin.
Ohh well I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then got worried since I wouldn't interpret an image of fire and a boiling/spilling bottle as a correct boot process indicator, since I also didn't find any info about this image and I couldn't ask in the Telegram group because, well, my phone was still booting/bricked.
I'm not sure you could ask in the TWRP thread for P5Ohh well I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then got worried since I wouldn't interpret an image of fire and a boiling/spilling bottle as a correct boot process indicator, since I also didn't find any info about this image and I couldn't ask in the Telegram group because, well, my phone was still booting/bricked.
Anyway, I went back to latest stock android 11 for redfin for now and got TWRP running. Maybe I can flash Proton without data wipe in the future. Or can maybe I can just restore the data partition with TWRP? Should be compatible if unencrypted, right?
Lineage has some built in features that I like, so I built it myself with Kdrag0ns protonAOSP performance improvements and sandboxed play services.
I don't know but my Geico app has stopped working as well on a custom ROMCan anyone explain why my HSBC banking app has completely stopped working with this rom? I'm not running latest version due to issues with magisk but my HSBC app just won't even open anymore it just force closes everytime.
Definitely a rom issue as I have it installed on another phone and it works fine
• Updated to December feature drop and security patch
• Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
• Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
• Fixed some apps detecting root
• Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
• Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
• Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
• Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
• Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
• Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
• Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
• Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
• Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
• Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
• Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
• Added SSH client and server with hardened config
• Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
• Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
• Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
• Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
• Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
• Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
• Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for Pixel 4a 5G