FYI, what you described is on the website, just not in the installer completion window.Out of my 10 years of rooting experience starting with the Samsung Galaxy S3, this ROM with the web installer has been the easiest rom to install in my entire life. Great work! I have a few small recomendations to make your ROM even better. With the web installer, at the end there is an option to make a donation which is nice but one thing that I would include is a list of features to give an idea of what the user is getting. So for an example it should say something like "Congratulations! Your Google Pixel 5 is now running ProtonAOSP 12.4.0. here is a list of some of the benefits and features of your newly downloaded ProtonAOSP ROM
Are you on Windows 10? 11? Linux?I am having trouble using the web installer. Everything seems to work fine until it boots the screen that is labeled "fastbootd". It begins to unpack what I think is the system .IMG and then my web browser crashes. I have tried Bing and Chrome and it fails at the same place everytime. Any idea what is happening?
I'm going to download it and try a manual install next. Do I have to install the whole Android SDK Platform Tools or is Fastboot_ADB enough? I already have that.
No old school. Windows 7.
I've always used the factory images:Hi all, hoping someone can take pity on me and provide some assistance. Yesterday I was a bit drunk and wanted to factory reset my phone. I wound up on XDA because "hey why not try a new ROM," something I haven't played with in about 6 years and was never proficient with anyways. I used the web installer here which worked flawlessly, dangerously easy for someone inebriated.
This morning I'm trying to go back to factory and after my best attempt I hit a roadblock. What I've done so far: I downloaded the platform tools and set up adb in my PATH environment. Downloaded the Pixel 5 Android 13 OTA file. And have followed all of the steps here without any issue up until actually sideloading the .zip. It gets about 45% complete then fails. My phone says it aborted and I shouldn't try to reboot or turn the phone off until I successfully sideload an image. It says error 21 and signature verification failed. All I did to the .zip was rename it and move it to the platform-tools folder.
Can anyone help me out here? Thank you so much.
Yeah that did the trick. Thanks for the reply.I've always used the factory images:
• Updated to December feature drop and security patch
• Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
• Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
• Fixed some apps detecting root
• Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
• Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
• Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
• Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
• Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
• Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
• Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
• Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
• Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
• Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
• Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
• Added SSH client and server with hardened config
• Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
• Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
• Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
• Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
• Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
• Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
• Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
• Added support for Pixel 4a 5G