ROM ❯ PIXEL 5 ❯ OFFICIAL ❯ ProtonAOSP 11

Search This thread

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Thanks for the info. I might not use microG or il see if I can install after

For DavX I would just download through the Aurora store since that pulls google play store anonymously?

Reactions: Jiggs82

Geordie Boyo

Apr 4, 2008
Just installed this Custom Rom and the Proton Kernel to my Pixel 5.
Stupid question, where is the option to change the font, and how do you enable the power menu?

Thanks!

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Just installed this Custom Rom and the Proton Kernel to my Pixel 5.
Stupid question, where is the option to change the font, and how do you enable the power menu?

Thanks!
Font settings are exactly the same as stock: Settings -> Display -> Wallpaper & style.

I'm not sure what you mean by "enabling the power menu". There's no power menu customization in ProtonAOSP.

Geordie Boyo

Apr 4, 2008
Font settings are exactly the same as stock: Settings -> Display -> Wallpaper & style.
Thanks for posting that. I would never of realised.

Been using the ROM now for a couple of days, and with the Proton Kernel the battery life is insance!

Just one small bug i have realised, when you have dark theme enabled through settings, and you swipe right on the homescreen to bring up the google now it shows white background, so have to go into settings, toggle the dark mode to off and then back to on again.

Bf2multi100

May 26, 2014
Having weird trouble with my pixel 5.

Once i installed the july update, my screen wont turn on at all, but only for a few seconds when i force reboot with holding the power button for 30 seconds.

The phone call ear detector blinks for a couple seconds when i press the power button, and the screen reacts to my touch, like when i unlock with fingerprint and hold the home button for google assistant, but i cant see anything.

Tried having google assistance turn off auto brightness, but it seems like i need a reinstall :(

Any other ideas before i reinstall?

Edit:

I also tried reinstalling this months update, as i use gapps, but same issue as the phone booted up.

Edit 2:

Just now about 730am CST, the phone decided the screen was able to turn on by itself, now its at 100% brightness.

Not sure what happened there, and rebooting has the same effect now, the screen is normal. Odd

Last edited:

Bf2multi100

May 26, 2014
Great job. I hope I can see you on pixel 6😁
Well, i thought the issue was fixed.

This morning i woke up, and had the same issue.

Turns out it was the night light feature from sunset, and when the feature was "turned off" the screen came back on normally.

I have since disabled this feature to avoid further issues for now.

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Well, i thought the issue was fixed.

This morning i woke up, and had the same issue.

Turns out it was the night light feature from sunset, and when the feature was "turned off" the screen came back on normally.

I have since disabled this feature to avoid further issues for now.
There's a known issue with my new implementation of Night Light that conflicts with the Saturated color profile, which has some special properties. To work around the issue, switch to another color profile and then change it back to Saturated. It has already been fixed for the next version.

Reactions: andybones

paul_cherma

Apr 20, 2021
I downloaded the google camera apk and installed it on this ROM but was wondering if the picture quality is the same as with the stock ROM. Im not sure why but it seems to me that picture quality is better in stock ROM, I could be wrong though. Have you guys noticed any differences ?

beanboy07

Aug 22, 2010
Google Pixel 5
This may be a Magisk issue but after updating to build 11.5.2 I'm having issues installing Magisk. I have had it install a couple times but I lose root after installing Proton kernel or any other kernel for that matter. I notice when flashing the patched Magisk .img in fastboot I see line 2 says "boot.img missing cmdline or OS version."

I have uninstalled Magisk and started fresh with it but it's the same cycle. I am using the boot img from the build to patch in Magisk. What am I missing or doing wrong here?

dmbardal

This may be a Magisk issue but after updating to build 11.5.2 I'm having issues installing Magisk. I have had it install a couple times but I lose root after installing Proton kernel or any other kernel for that matter. I notice when flashing the patched Magisk .img in fastboot I see line 2 says "boot.img missing cmdline or OS version."

I have uninstalled Magisk and started fresh with it but it's the same cycle. I am using the boot img from the build to patch in Magisk. What am I missing or doing wrong here?

Just flash the Magisk APK from the recovery / adb as you would with any .img and it will patch it directly.
Tested it a few minutes ago with a few different kernels. No issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: beanboy07

ViperPyro

Feb 9, 2010
LG G Pad 8.3
Google Pixel 2

I follow the below guide, step 7, for every new Proton Release. Not sure if there is a shorter path, but have not had any issues, even on latest. I follow it up by booting (to flash) Proton Kernel. Magisk and Proton Kernel work after this.

Reactions: beanboy07

beanboy07

Aug 22, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I follow the below guide, step 7, for every new Proton Release. Not sure if there is a shorter path, but have not had any issues, even on latest. I follow it up by booting (to flash) Proton Kernel. Magisk and Proton Kernel work after this.
Thank you for this, it's exactly how I have been doing it from this guide. Never an issue until now for some reason....I will keep at it and maybe try a clean flash is nothing else :)

dmbardal

There's no need to go the advanced route though, when you can just flash the Magisk APK.
Just install your ROM -> your kernel -> flash the Magisk APK through ADB (as you would with any kernel).
Good to go!

lancebuks

Mar 29, 2012
Yokosuka
Hi Friends,
It looks like esim is supported, I'm on ProtonAOSP 11.5.2 w/proton kernel 2.0 (but will update) on my Pixel 5. i'm currently using a nano sim but want to try out an esim. Are there anyone using ProtonAOSP w/proton kernel using esim?
Best Regards,

redbullman

Dec 15, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Just installed Proton coming from Calyxos. Installed with web installer (July). Booted up then I went back to bootloader to lock the device as confirmed from here: https://protonaosp.kdrag0n.dev/verified-boot
However this just trashes the system! On telegram this looks like this was reserved for the new august update, but the page is live, so it's trashed the install. I'll have to now re-install. Maybe the pages need to be checked before they're released!

husky69

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
LG G6
There's a known issue with my new implementation of Night Light that conflicts with the Saturated color profile, which has some special properties. To work around the issue, switch to another color profile and then change it back to Saturated. It has already been fixed for the next version.
I'd really love to - but I can't switch to another profile on the dark screen that makes unlocking very hard.
Is there a way to switch Night Light off from the command line?

Already reinstalled the ROM, but the screen goes dark within three seconds after bootup, so Ijust can enter the SIM PIN ...

One more thing:
Working with latest chrome and Chromium browser on Linux I tried to use the web installer. But unpacking fails, complaining about too little space. Switching to a different user profile of the browser didn't help either.
How to increase memory limits the browser enforces?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ProtonAOSP
    Android 11 ROM​

ProtonAOSP is a minimal Android fork (custom ROM) focused on UI/UX and performance, with a touch of privacy.

Usage with my Proton Kernel is recommended to get the most out of your phone. The ROM does not include Proton Kernel, so you will need to flash it yourself. The ROM will still work with other kernels, but you will not get the benefits of Proton Kernel.

Screenshots
    Screenshots of the latest version

Installation
    This ROM is currently distributed as factory images, similar to stock. Flash it the same way you would flash stock factory images. Don't forget to wipe all data using "fastboot -w" before booting the ROM.

Firmware is included, so there is no specific requirement for which version of the stock ROM you are coming from.

You can also use the quick & easy web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser and completes in as little as 4 minutes, depending on the speed of your internet connection. Consider using the web installer instead of installing manually.

More detailed installation instructions and guides

Features
    List of current features, with accompanying screenshots and explanations

Downloads
    Downloads and changelogs for all versions

Builds with and without minimal Google services (gapps) included are provided for convenience.

Using the quick and easy web installer is recommended unless you have a specific reason to download and install the ROM manually.

Support
    If you have questions or concerns, please read the Frequently Asked Questions before asking. It saves time for everyone involved, especially you, and allows us to provide higher-quality answers for all users.

Website with comprehensive documentation
    Join the Telegram group for support and extras

Please consider donating to support development if you found this helpful: recurring donation to keep the project alive in the long term or buy me a coffee

Kernel source code
    ROM source code
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.0 is now available with support for the Pixel 4a 5G, eSIM, enhanced carrier features, some Pixel-exclusive features, and many more changes.

Changes:
    • Updated to December feature drop and security patch
    • Added exclusive wallpapers created by Infinitum
    • Fixed lingering location and microphone indicators
    • Fixed some apps detecting root
    • Fixed blurry/low-resolution screenshots in recents overview
    • Tapping privacy indicators will now show active apps
    • Added permission usage dashboard in Settings
    • Tweaked memory management to hold more apps in the background
    • Fixed unexpected disconnects from weak 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks (stock bug)
    • Streamlined Settings search hierarchy
    • Reduced overnight battery drain caused by idle maintenance
    • Added a variety of Google Material and iOS accent colors
    • Fixed briefly visible lock screen after fingerprint unlock in most cases
    • Added support for microG UnifiedNlp location provider (as system app)
    • Added support for call recording (consult local laws before using)
    • Added SSH client and server with hardened config
    • Added volume panel expansion (LineageOS)
    • Fixed overlapping type clock on ambient display (BootleggersROM)
    • Added button to clear battery stats in Settings (AOSiP)
    • Added command-line tools for developers (some from LineageOS)
    • Fixed all known Active Edge bugs (Pixel 2)
    • Improved Active Edge integration (Pixel 2)
    • Added Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, and screen attention (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added 5G adaptive connectivity (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full support for sub-6 5G networks (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full support for all carrier features supported by stock (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added full eSIM support (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added support for AptX Bluetooth audio codec (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added stock offline charging animation and percentage (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Fixed Protected Confirmation (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Fixed Google Camera on non-gapps build (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Reduced touch latency and motion jitter at the cost of Deep Press (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Merged latest December 14 carrier fixes (Pixel 5, 4a 5G)
    • Added support for Pixel 4a 5G

Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    A new ROM with the January security update and SafetyNet passing out-of-the-box will be released within a few days. The SafetyNet failures are caused by new updates released by Google yesterday. My new Universal SafetyNet Fix Magisk module solves the problem for now: https://xdaforums.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-1-1-0.4217823/
    ProtonAOSP 11.3.2 is now available with security updates and an easy-to-use web installer.

Changes:
    • Updated to February security patch
    • Added new space wallpapers by Infinitum
    • Updated visual voicemail configs
    • Pixel 5: Added support for standalone 5G on T-Mobile
    New easy-to-use web installer

This version introduces a new easy-to-use web installer, which allows you to install and update the ROM from any computer or phone without using the command line. The installer works entirely within your web browser using WebUSB, which is supported by Google Chrome, as well as other browsers based on Chromium such as Brave and Microsoft Edge. Consider installing with the web installer instead of doing it manually.

Install from browser
    Download

As the ProtonAOSP project expands to support more devices, bandwidth and maintenance costs are increasing. You can help support the project and keep it alive with a recurring donation, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.
    Live Captions, Now Playing, Adaptive Sound, Screen Attention, and several other Pixel-exclusive features (not all) will be added in the next version with the December security patch.