• Thread starter Deleted member 5545167
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5545167

IMG REMOVED
Welcome to the Ultimate Pixel Experience for the Samsung Galaxy Note5.
Pixel Experience ROM
  • Post 1 - Introduction
  • Post 2 - Features
  • Post 3 - Previews
  • Post 4 - Bugs & Notes
  • Post 5 - Tutorial & FAQ
  • Post 6 - Download Links
Credits:
Thanks to my friend Cris Matthew for all his help
Thanks to amarullz for AROMA Installer
Thanks to ChainFire for SuperSU
Thanks to @velayo for TMobile call audio fix

This ROM currently supports models N920C, N920T(fix needed, included in links section). If you have tested it on other varients please let me know.

XDA:DevDB Information
Pixel Experience, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
SirHydarnes, CrsMthw
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: Nougat Firmware
Based On: TouchWiz

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2017-07-05

Created 2017-07-06
Last Updated 2017-07-06

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5545167

Reserved

Introduction
This rom is based on Samsung's Touchwiz firmware, with some tweaks and mods. It is optimized for better battery life, heavily debloated, and themed just like the Google Pixel. It features the blue accent theme, Quick Settings just like the Pixel, Rounded Icons for over 1,000 apps thanks to the HydIconPack for Pixel Launcher, and Google Pixel ui sounds and apps.
The only samsung apps included in this rom are Device Maintenance, and Samsung Camera. The apps Gallery, Samsung Account and Store, SHealth, Video Player, Voice Recorder, Gallery , and some other apps can be selected to be installed thanks to AROMA Installer.​

D

Deleted member 5545167

Reserved

FEATURES
  • Heavily Debloated
  • Knox Removed
  • Pixel Themed
  • Pixel Blue Accent
  • Rounded Icons, by the HydIconPack
  • Native Round Icons
  • Pixel Wallpapers, Keyboard, Clock, Calendar and Calculator
  • Android O Wallpaper and Easter Egg logo
  • Pixel UI sounds, ringtones and notification tones
  • Support for Dual-Sim models
  • Rooted with SuperSU by Chainfire
  • AROMA Installer thanks to amarullz

D

Deleted member 5545167

Screenshots
Screenshots are uploaded.​

Attachments

• AppDrawer.jpg
    AppDrawer.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 14,697
  • BlueAccent.png
    BlueAccent.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 14,534
  • CalculatorVolume.png
    CalculatorVolume.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 14,238
  • DeviceMaintenance.jpg
    DeviceMaintenance.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 13,754
  • Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 14,466
  • Icons.jpg
    Icons.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 14,372
  • MultiWindow.jpg
    MultiWindow.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 14,116
  • QS.jpg
    QS.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 13,463
  • RoundIcons.jpg
    RoundIcons.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 13,070
  • Wallpapers.jpg
    Wallpapers.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 12,597
D

Deleted member 5545167

Bugs
  • QuickSettings Edit colors might be inverted
  • SuperSU must be flashed
Note That:
  • This rom is still in alpha stage, so please lower your expectations
  • Please refer to FAQ and Bugs posts before posting about a problem
  • This rom is named Pixel Experience not Samsung Experience
  • If you have any questions, please email me
[/CENTER]

D

Deleted member 5545167

Tutorial
Download the latest version of the rom down below,
if there's a fix for your device varient, download that as well. I will try and merge the fixes on new builds.
In order to install this rom, first of all, if this is your first time, read about it, do some research and understand the consequences. You need an unlocked bootloader, USB debugging enabled and a custom recovery. I recommend TWRP.
Copy the downloaded ROM file and copy it to your device.
Reboot to recovery mode, and use the recovery to get a full backup from your device's current system, data, kernel, etc and make a copy of said backup to your computer. Then, fully wipe Data, Cache, ART cache and system(DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE). Then use a recovery file manager or connect the device to your computer and use mtp to delete the folder Android on your device.
Then install the rom, and if you've downloaded fix patches, install them afterwards and then reboot.
When you install the rom, the aroma installer pops up and gives you a set of options for desired Google Apps,
Samsung apps and services. For the Google Apps I recommend installing the wallpapers and Fit since the wallpapers are not on Play Store and Fit performs best as a system app. The rest can be found on Play store.
The services are Dual Sim support, SuperSU root and NFC support. However, you MUST include SuperSU in your choices for now due to a kernel issue. The dual sim support is obviously for the dual sim models and the NFC is optional since it causes battery performance issues on some devices. CHECK IT IF YOU WANT NFC TO BE INSTALLED. Finally the Samsung Apps.
The Samsung apps are Account, which includes the Samsung Galaxy Apps store and Samsung Account which is required for syncing. SAMSUNG Cloud is not included because I think it is a useless battery eating service, but if you need it let me know so I add it as an option for future builds. There are other Samsung services and apps like SNote, SHealth, One Handed Mode, BlueLight Filter, Private Mode, Gallery, Video Player, Voice recorder, MyFiles, Clipboard Service and SPen features. They all pretty much say what they are, the SPen features include air command, spen apps and Snote, and Clipboard Service is Samsung's handy Clipboard Service which I really like.

F.A.Q.[/CENTER]
My device doesn't boot up after 10 minutes of flashing the rom!
If your device's LED light is no longer on and blue, then the issue is with the Settings app, try flashing with a full wipe, restoring your EFS and if it doesn't work out, contact me. If however the blue led is still on, then try and take a log and sending it to me, with your device information.
Which files should I delete prior to installing the ROM?
The only thing you should delete prior to flashing the ROM once in recovery mode is the Android folder in your internal storage.

velayo

May 23, 2010
Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
Fast, lightweight and excellent battery life. Being using it for a while and has only used like one battery percent. Love the icons and the status bar. Sir you have done an outstanding job!!!

Reactions: Jiv4n

cpunkaz

Mar 19, 2016
kathmandu
OnePlus 9R
Facebook doesnt work,viper doesnt work and most importantly gallery doesnt work.Excelllent rom but full of bugs even device maintenance dosent work with antivirus error!! smn920g

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
Looking forward to final release. Please add Magisk support.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Zenngn

Apr 29, 2016
Reactions: tribleten

shinigami_tsin

Mar 21, 2016
Its so good. Can flash for G928T. So I thnk can flash for G928x and N920x
BUG: BLueLightFilter ? can replace from other cook rom

D

Deleted member 5545167

Facebook doesnt work,viper doesnt work and most importantly gallery doesnt work.Excelllent rom but full of bugs even device maintenance dosent work with antivirus error!! smn920g
Just like you said, the problem is firstly that your device model isn't in the list I said this ROM supports!
Please do some reading prior to flashing and posting. From now on, with all due respect, I will ignore posts like this.

Its so good. Can flash for G928T. So I thnk can flash for G928x and N920x
BUG: BLueLightFilter can replace from other cook rom
BlueLight Filter is kernel related and it's again because you're running the rom on another device. If anyone tries this ROM on other devices or varients and finds fixes for the bugs not mentioned, please share them so I may include them in future builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5545167
    IMG REMOVED
    Welcome to the Ultimate Pixel Experience for the Samsung Galaxy Note5.
    Pixel Experience ROM
    • Post 1 - Introduction
    • Post 2 - Features
    • Post 3 - Previews
    • Post 4 - Bugs & Notes
    • Post 5 - Tutorial & FAQ
    • Post 6 - Download Links
    Credits:
    Thanks to my friend Cris Matthew for all his help
    Thanks to amarullz for AROMA Installer
    Thanks to ChainFire for SuperSU
    Thanks to @velayo for TMobile call audio fix

This ROM currently supports models N920C, N920T(fix needed, included in links section). If you have tested it on other varients please let me know.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pixel Experience, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
    SirHydarnes, CrsMthw
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: Nougat Firmware
    Based On: TouchWiz

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2017-07-05

Created 2017-07-06
    Last Updated 2017-07-06
    D
    Deleted member 5545167
    Reserved

FEATURES
    • Heavily Debloated
    • Knox Removed
    • Pixel Themed
    • Pixel Blue Accent
    • Rounded Icons, by the HydIconPack
    • Native Round Icons
    • Pixel Wallpapers, Keyboard, Clock, Calendar and Calculator
    • Android O Wallpaper and Easter Egg logo
    • Pixel UI sounds, ringtones and notification tones
    • Support for Dual-Sim models
    • Rooted with SuperSU by Chainfire
    • AROMA Installer thanks to amarullz
    D
    Deleted member 5545167
    Reserved

Introduction
    This rom is based on Samsung's Touchwiz firmware, with some tweaks and mods. It is optimized for better battery life, heavily debloated, and themed just like the Google Pixel. It features the blue accent theme, Quick Settings just like the Pixel, Rounded Icons for over 1,000 apps thanks to the HydIconPack for Pixel Launcher, and Google Pixel ui sounds and apps.
    The only samsung apps included in this rom are Device Maintenance, and Samsung Camera. The apps Gallery, Samsung Account and Store, SHealth, Video Player, Voice Recorder, Gallery , and some other apps can be selected to be installed thanks to AROMA Installer.​
    If anyone wants to use it on 920t and doesn't gets in call audio, flash the attached zip.
    D
    Deleted member 5545167
    Tutorial
    Download the latest version of the rom down below,
    if there's a fix for your device varient, download that as well. I will try and merge the fixes on new builds.
    In order to install this rom, first of all, if this is your first time, read about it, do some research and understand the consequences. You need an unlocked bootloader, USB debugging enabled and a custom recovery. I recommend TWRP.
    Copy the downloaded ROM file and copy it to your device.
    Reboot to recovery mode, and use the recovery to get a full backup from your device's current system, data, kernel, etc and make a copy of said backup to your computer. Then, fully wipe Data, Cache, ART cache and system(DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE). Then use a recovery file manager or connect the device to your computer and use mtp to delete the folder Android on your device.
    Then install the rom, and if you've downloaded fix patches, install them afterwards and then reboot.
    When you install the rom, the aroma installer pops up and gives you a set of options for desired Google Apps,
    Samsung apps and services. For the Google Apps I recommend installing the wallpapers and Fit since the wallpapers are not on Play Store and Fit performs best as a system app. The rest can be found on Play store.
    The services are Dual Sim support, SuperSU root and NFC support. However, you MUST include SuperSU in your choices for now due to a kernel issue. The dual sim support is obviously for the dual sim models and the NFC is optional since it causes battery performance issues on some devices. CHECK IT IF YOU WANT NFC TO BE INSTALLED. Finally the Samsung Apps.
    The Samsung apps are Account, which includes the Samsung Galaxy Apps store and Samsung Account which is required for syncing. SAMSUNG Cloud is not included because I think it is a useless battery eating service, but if you need it let me know so I add it as an option for future builds. There are other Samsung services and apps like SNote, SHealth, One Handed Mode, BlueLight Filter, Private Mode, Gallery, Video Player, Voice recorder, MyFiles, Clipboard Service and SPen features. They all pretty much say what they are, the SPen features include air command, spen apps and Snote, and Clipboard Service is Samsung's handy Clipboard Service which I really like.

F.A.Q.[/CENTER]
    My device doesn't boot up after 10 minutes of flashing the rom!
    If your device's LED light is no longer on and blue, then the issue is with the Settings app, try flashing with a full wipe, restoring your EFS and if it doesn't work out, contact me. If however the blue led is still on, then try and take a log and sending it to me, with your device information.
    Which files should I delete prior to installing the ROM?
    The only thing you should delete prior to flashing the ROM once in recovery mode is the Android folder in your internal storage.