So I temporarily moved to a location that had weak connections with either of the 2 main service providers and it created havoc with being on the wrong network at the wrong time. I couldn't dial numbers as before - had to dial 11 digits instead of 7 (New Mexico). But I would get someone it Texas. I found out there are numerous potentially problematic issues that come out in certain situations with fi. A couple of hours interacting with Google fi support was a dead end.
Also, because of my weak connection to those towers or whatever, my phone reception was very finicky and garbled, and I had to stay in one part of the apartment for it to work.
I solved it by getting one of those tower/Service provider switchers from the play store which can use phone maintenance codes to switch carriers on the fly. So all you might need are the dialer codes to enter that allow you to change the service provider. Who knows, maybe the codes could be the same as on my phone? I continued to struggle with signal loss within the apartment, though
You get codes by installing Signal Spy I know for sure, but you can get codes just by searching for them.
I thought that twrp doesn't work on Q? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I currently use a Pixel 3XL as my daily driver. Just trying to update my mother's old pixel xl for her and I am not up to date on everything for that device. Thanks in advance!
PixelDust ROM is an Android 10 ROM especially built for Google Pixel and Nexus devices.
We rebased the project to Code Aurora Sources, more commonly known as CAF. CAF ROMs are therefore generally considered to be more optimized for Qualcomm’s Snapdragon SoCs than AOSP ROMs (in performance, RAM management, battery, etc.). We strive to keep the PixelDust Experience as close as possible to Android as Google intended. We add a decent selection of the coolest custom ROM features that would've been missed if they hadn't been included.
The PixelDust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.
Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on my Pixel!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and spezi77. Cheers!
BTW, please consider to take a logcat, because you know that:
If you submit bug reports without a log, you may be prosecuted...or executed.
If your device fails to comply with your standards of what you consider functioning, I am not liable. This is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty. Although, if you provide a log, I can provide some sort of assurance that I will look into your issue.
* Periodic CAF/AOSP security updates
* Pixel GApps included (no need to flash any third party GApps)
* All official features of the Pixel XL
* Pixel 4 wallpapers
* KingKernel (stable release)
* PixelDust Launcher
* Enhanced theming engine (big thanks to DirtyUnicorns for their commits)
Additional QS tiles
* Always On Display
* PixelDust Settings
* Screenshot (Partial/Full/Longshot)
* and many more
* Pulse for NavBar, LockScreen and Ambient Screen
* Gaming Mode
* Wake up on charge
* Rounded corners
* Disable device identifier restrictions
Terms & conditions:
By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the developer of PixelDust ROM, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The PixelDust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.
* You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations.. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
* You are familiar with using fastboot (check this needful guide on how to unbrick your pixel device)
* Before you are ready to flash this custom ROM, you have to install the latest factory image in order to have the correct bootloader, radio, vendor and so on in place.
* Bootloader unlocked
* You have created a backup of your ROM & data
* TWRP 3.2.3-1 is permanently installed or booted via fastboot (explained here);
First time installing Pixel Dust ROM, or coming from another ROM:
As mentioned above, you are required to flash stock ROM 10.0 before installing this custom ROM.
New users should first flash the stock ROM:
Follow these instructions: https://developers.google.com/android/images#marlin
Clean flash PixelDust ROM:
Reboot to bootloader
Boot into TWRP recovery via fastboot (This is required becaused TWRP is not yet updated for Android 10)
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-1-marlin.img
Advanced Wipe (system, dalvik, data)
Flash twrp-pixel-installer.zip (it is required in order to flash Magisk later)
Reboot System (Ignore the message: No OS installed) Do not flash a vendor.img (Pixel Dust ROM has a custom vendor image included) Do not flash any third party GApps (Pixel Dust ROM has Google Apps included)
At the initial boot you need a little patience before you can enjoy the Pixel Dust Goodness!
Experienced users may dirty flash PixelDust ROM:
Use fastboot to boot into TWRP recovery
Advanced Wipe (system, dalvik)
Reboot System and enjoy the Pixel Dust Goodness!
Needa root? Then flash Magisk:
You cannot flash Magisk during the initial install. You must boot into PixelDust ROM at least once!
Reboot to Recovery
Reboot to System
Apply OTA updates:
OTA update process:
Before downloading the OTA update: Make sure TWRP is permanently installed via zip (to both slots)
Download and install the update from "System > System update" screen in Settings
After a bit, it will get stuck at "Finalizing package installation"
Reboot into TWRP, change active slot to inactive and reboot system
Now the system will boot up and finish installing the update
Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, AOSP Extended, BenzoROM, Bootleggers, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, Havoc OS, LOS, MSM-Xtended Project, OmniROM, Potatoes Project and PureNexus, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.
- Based on AOSP PQ3A.190801.002 (Aug 19)
- Merge tag 'LA.UM.7.8.r3-01900-SDM710.0'
- Extended screenshot function from OOS
- Audio/screen recording app
- Fix high battery drain after using flashlight
- Enable LTE for all devices & add extended LTE modes
- Reset battery stats
- Improved PixelDustWallpapers: reduced to 15 walls, better aspect ratio
- Fix FC in settings search: by upgrading Settings Suggestions app
Please let me know if everything works. I could only make a quick check on my Pixel XL.
August security update: Merge android-10.0.0_r41 (QQ3A.200805.001) / Merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.2.1.r1-05100-sdm660.0
* Extend NavBar Pulse to LockScreen and Ambient Screen (moved Pulse Settings to Misc)
* Ambient music ticker: If "pulse on new tracks" is disabled don't pulse
* fixup "Aosp Ambient music: allow to pulse on new tracks
* Pulse: Add support for RGB accenter
* Pulse: add automatic albumart color mode
* Pulse navbar audio gfx visualizer for Android 10
* fixup! base: Allow to disable Lockscreen Media Art
* Add Space Analog Clock Style (illustration by the master himself @Roger.T)
* Bring back Android Beam
* Changed power menu screenrecord action to new API
* Screen rec: Add support for AudioPlaybackCapture
* Port Screenrecord UI from R
* VolumePanel: Version 1.1
* Add time refresh capabilities for custom lockscreen clocks
* StitchImage: Port long screenshot implementation from Asus (replacement for Longshot)
* Screen Stabilization
* Make transparent QS background user configurable
* QS panel opacity
* Allow hiding Black Gradient behind QSPanel
* Allow to show daily data usage
* Add Reboot/Recovery QS Tile
* Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
* QS: Re-distribute tiles on changing orientation
* Clock: Make auto hide option also work for center and right position
* Add option to auto hide status-bar clock
* Backup/Restore themes: Add RGB accenter
* PixelDustWallpapers: Replace wall #13
Update SPL to 2020-07-05: Merge android-10.0.0_r40 (QQ3A.200705.002) / Merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.2.r2-02100-sdm660.0:QKQ1.200624.002
* QSTileStylePicker: Changes for qs tiles that use inverted icon color
* QS Tile Styles: Fix preview
* Import translations
* Backup/Restore: Add our custom navbar styles
* Backup/Restore: Add three buttons navigation bar style
* Add more qs tile styles
* Introduce QS tile style picker
* ThemePicker: Dedicate the theme preview page to PixelDust. - Use current system accent color - Display the current theme title
* Skip wallpaper step & force the current wallpaper to appear on the 1st page
* ThemeFragment: Integrate DU Themes App as replacment for AOSP styles.
* Override WallpaperPicker
* QS footer brightness slider: Make the page indicator visible
* QS footer: Hide multi user switch if miui slider is enabled
* Bring back QS Drag Handle
* Add user toggle for data activity indicators
* Resurrect the pie-style Ambient Music Ticker
* Allow for changing the music ticker position (off, centered, bottom)
Update SPL to 2020-06-05 / Merge CAF tag 'LA.UM.8.2.1.r1-04900-sdm660.0'
* Update GApps to coral-qq3a.200605.001
* Themes: Add support for simple Dark Mode Tile
* LiveWallpaper added: AwakeWallpaper
* Fix setting lockscreen charging animation on boot
* Add ADB root support
* Per-app cellular data, vpn and wifi restrictions
* Enable dismissal feature on legacy suggestions
* Wired/BT headset: make ringtone audio focus customizable
* Gaming mode
* Allow translucent (white) notifications background on lockscreen
* Lockscreen Charging: Formatting improvements
* QS footer brightness slider (miui-like)
* Bring back QS Drag Handle
* Add user toggle for data activity indicators
* Custom cLocks: Proper preview layout & General layout fixes
* PixelDust Launcher: Only allow hidden apps when no secure keyguard is set
- Based on CAF tag: LA.UM.8.1.r1-14900-sm8150.0 / AOSP SPL May 2020
- Same functionality as in PixelDust AOSP
Coming from PixelDust AOSP based ROM requires a clean flash.