[ROM][PIXEL_EXTENDED][11][KUNTAO][UNOFFICIAL][GAPPS]

Search This thread

eljuggy

Oct 12, 2006
Gonna try another clean flash.
Thanks for the reply❤
FP option is in kuntao resurrected parameter menu. But it took more than 20mn to appear after I installed (maybe even more and some reboots). I did not need to encrypt my phone.

Everything is absolutely great with this rom.
Well done 👍 thanks!

eljuggy

Oct 12, 2006
I've got a bug (not certain it is rom related) or if it was here since fresh install.

Joining file in gmail with the attach icon (or any app) crashes file app (documentsui).

Sharing the file from gallery to gmail works fine.

Does anyone else encounter this issue ?

I copy this log below.

Thanks

time: 1615970767143
msg: java.lang.SecurityException: Remote stack trace:
at com.android.server.content.ContentService.registerContentObserver(ContentService.java:355)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub.onTransact(IContentService.java:482)
at android.os.Binder.execTransactInternal(Binder.java:1154)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:1123)

stacktrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(AsyncTask.java:415)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: opening provider com.android.externalstorage.ExternalStorageProvider from ProcessRecord{98b4844 16674:com.google.android.documentsui/u0a145} (pid=16674, uid=10145) requires that you obtain access using ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT or related APIs
at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull(Parcel.java:2373)
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:2357)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2340)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2282)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub$Proxy.registerContentObserver(IContentService.java:1229)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:2627)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:2615)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache.loadRootsForAuthority(ProvidersCache.java:330)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache.access$1400(ProvidersCache.java:81)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache$UpdateTask.handleDocumentsProvider(ProvidersCache.java:573)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache$UpdateTask.doInBackground(ProvidersCache.java:529)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache$UpdateTask.doInBackground(ProvidersCache.java:488)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(AsyncTask.java:394)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
at com.android.server.content.ContentService.registerContentObserver(ContentService.java:355)

LEIBE

Jan 21, 2011
Istanbul
I've got a bug (not certain it is rom related) or if it was here since fresh install.

Joining file in gmail with the attach icon (or any app) crashes file app (documentsui).

Sharing the file from gallery to gmail works fine.

Does anyone else encounter this issue ?

I copy this log below.

Thanks

time: 1615970767143
msg: java.lang.SecurityException: Remote stack trace:

stacktrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done(AsyncTask.java:415)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:383)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:252)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:271)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: opening provider com.android.externalstorage.ExternalStorageProvider from ProcessRecord{98b4844 16674:com.google.android.documentsui/u0a145} (pid=16674, uid=10145) requires that you obtain access using ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT or related APIs
at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull(Parcel.java:2373)
at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:2357)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2340)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2282)
at android.content.IContentService$Stub$Proxy.registerContentObserver(IContentService.java:1229)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:2627)
at android.content.ContentResolver.registerContentObserver(ContentResolver.java:2615)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache.loadRootsForAuthority(ProvidersCache.java:330)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache.access$1400(ProvidersCache.java:81)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache$UpdateTask.handleDocumentsProvider(ProvidersCache.java:573)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache$UpdateTask.doInBackground(ProvidersCache.java:529)
at com.android.documentsui.roots.ProvidersCache$UpdateTask.doInBackground(ProvidersCache.java:488)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call(AsyncTask.java:394)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
... 3 more
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
Hello, I believe if I undesrstood your ques that I had the same problem I solved it this way went to the file explorer which comes in the ROM disabled it and then I installed another file manager from PLAYSTORE, and now works perfectly.
I hope I could help to your request.
CHEERS

eljuggy

Oct 12, 2006
Hello, I believe if I undesrstood your ques that I had the same problem I solved it this way went to the file explorer which comes in the ROM disabled it and then I installed another file manager from PLAYSTORE, and now works perfectly.
I hope I could help to your request.
CHEERS
Thanks ! That worked !

👍👍

LEIBE

Jan 21, 2011
Istanbul
Dear DEVS
This is not a request but it will be highly appreciated a review on the battery performance it drains toooo fast. The REst is working just amazing
Advanced thanks and grateful of your AWSOME WORK
CHEERS

Simtropolis

Feb 3, 2021
Hey! Thank you very much for the firmware, I would like to see the "Close All" button in the menu of recent applications, as well as the joint operation of buttons and gestures. Thank you for your work!

P2a42-mad

Apr 3, 2021
Hi guys... I have been following this thread for a few months but just joined in...I'm in my 60's but keen on learning something new everyday, so to you smarties, an amateur :)
Many thanks to you developers (and contributors) for the amazing work that you do. In a few days, I intend updating the 6.0.1 Stock ROM on my P2 to this Pixel-Extended 11 ( I like Pixel user experience). From the conversation above it appears this ROM is stable enough and can be flashed easily by just following the usual process: TWRP -> Magisk -> Custom ROM. Are there any hiccups in the process of flashing this ROM that I should be aware of, to avoid breaking my phone.

Last edited:

3volution3

Feb 4, 2019
Hi guys... I have been following this thread for a few months but just joined in...I'm in my 60's but keen on learning something new everyday, so to you smarties, an amateur :)
Many thanks to you developers (and contributors) for the amazing work that you do. In a few days, I intend updating the 6.0.1 Stock ROM on my P2 to this Pixel-Extended 11 ( I like Pixel user experience). From the conversation above it appears this ROM is stable enough and can be flashed easily by just following the usual process: TWRP -> Magisk -> Custom ROM. Are there any hiccups in the process of flashing this ROM that I should be aware of, to avoid breaking my phone.
It's actually TWRP -> Custom ROM -> Magisk (optional), but unless you need root access to the system you don't really need Magisk. Don't forget you need to unlock the bootloader first.

A couple of remarks since this seems to be your first time. You can expect the battery charge to last less time and wifi display cast is not working. Everything else should run smoothly.

Happy flashing!

P2a42-mad

Apr 3, 2021
It's actually TWRP -> Custom ROM -> Magisk (optional), but unless you need root access to the system you don't really need Magisk. Don't forget you need to unlock the bootloader first.

A couple of remarks since this seems to be your first time. You can expect the battery charge to last less time and wifi display cast is not working. Everything else should run smoothly.

Happy flashing!
Thanks for the tip 3volution3... much appreciated!
Thanks also for the point about the battery, as this is an important one. The whole reason for my getting the P2 in the first place is its great battery life. But if this is an issue with the PixelExtended11 for the moment, then perhaps I should look for an alternative. Any recommendations?

3volution3

Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for the tip 3volution3... much appreciated!
Thanks also for the point about the battery, as this is an important one. The whole reason for my getting the P2 in the first place is its great battery life. But if this is an issue with the PixelExtended11 for the moment, then perhaps I should look for an alternative. Any recommendations?
It's not an issue particular to pixel extended 11. All android 10 and 11 ROMs decrease your P2 battery life a little. Still very good, but not as great as you're used to. ROMs up to android 9 have good battery life.

P2a42-mad

Apr 3, 2021
It's not an issue particular to pixel extended 11. All android 10 and 11 ROMs decrease your P2 battery life a little. Still very good, but not as great as you're used to. ROMs up to android 9 have good battery life.
Thanks for this bit of education. Presumably, the developers are hard at work on this.
The other point you mentioned was about Wi-Fi display cast. Could you please elaborate on this in a sentence or so, so I get the drift. Thanks.

3volution3

Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for this bit of education. Presumably, the developers are hard at work on this.
The other point you mentioned was about Wi-Fi display cast. Could you please elaborate on this in a sentence or so, so I get the drift. Thanks.
It's to duplicate your phone's screen on your TV wirelessly. It's not working in android 11 ROMs, but if you don't use this feature don't worry about it.

LEIBE

Jan 21, 2011
Istanbul

Hello I have been reading your post and answers from other users, before you start loading CUSTOM ROMS you got to get your BOOTLOADER unlocked thats something you apply at the LENOVO page by itself IT IS A MUST, after that you got to ROOT the phone via TWRP and MAGISK thats the IDEAL way to do so. There are many POSTS showing you the way step by step it should be done, I would highly recommend you to BACKUP the important DATA and get an IDEA on how to UNLOOP the phone because if it is your first time you might get a loop, and of course to chose a ROM which have been tested as THIS EXCELLENT [ROM][PIXEL_EXTENDED][11][KUNTAO][UNOFFICIAL][GAPPS] Everything works fluently and GOOD. I hope you have a pleasant JOURNEY and welcome to the CLUB.​

CHEEEERS​

Reactions: GPSSlovakia

P2a42-mad

Apr 3, 2021
It's to duplicate your phone's screen on your TV wirelessly. It's not working in android 11 ROMs, but if you don't use this feature don't worry about it.
Many thanks for your clarity on this. I'm not too flustered without this feature. So, perhaps I'll give it a try and report accordingly. Thanks again for your help :)

P2a42-mad

Apr 3, 2021

Hello I have been reading your post and answers from other users, before you start loading CUSTOM ROMS you got to get your BOOTLOADER unlocked thats something you apply at the LENOVO page by itself IT IS A MUST, after that you got to ROOT the phone via TWRP and MAGISK thats the IDEAL way to do so. There are many POSTS showing you the way step by step it should be done, I would highly recommend you to BACKUP the important DATA and get an IDEA on how to UNLOOP the phone because if it is your first time you might get a loop, and of course to chose a ROM which have been tested as THIS EXCELLENT [ROM][PIXEL_EXTENDED][11][KUNTAO][UNOFFICIAL][GAPPS] Everything works fluently and GOOD. I hope you have a pleasant JOURNEY and welcome to the CLUB.​

CHEEEERS​

Hi Leibe,
Thank you for the welcome and for the tips your provided. I'll flash my darling phone in two weeks once the 14 day timer unlocks my bootloader. I'll report accordingly on my experience.
It's great to have people like you (and others) that contribute generously to this channel. Much appreciated :)

LEIBE

Jan 21, 2011
Istanbul
Many thanks for your clarity on this. I'm not too flustered without this feature. So, perhaps I'll give it a try and report accordingly. Thanks again for your help :)
I don't have a SMARTV but I use CHROME CAST AND I also have an APPLE TV box, they both link perfectly with the PHONE I can cast just everything, For a support PROGRAM you can USE TUBIO it links w/ APPLE and Chromecast as well.
CHEEERS

P2a42-mad

Apr 3, 2021
,It's actually TWRP -> Custom ROM -> Magisk (optional), but unless you need root access to the system you don't really need Magisk. Don't forget you need to unlock the bootloader first.

Happy flashing!
Hi 3volution3 (or anyone else who has experienced a similar issue with battery life),
There is an app out there called "Naptime" that claims to improve battery life. One needs to have their phone rooted to use this app. Have you tried this or any other similar app to compensate for the drop in battery charge?

3volution3

Feb 4, 2019
Hi 3volution3 (or anyone else who has experienced a similar issue with battery life),
There is an app out there called "Naptime" that claims to improve battery life. One needs to have their phone rooted to use this app. Have you tried this or any other similar app to compensate for the drop in battery charge?
Generally, I don't recommend using any "battery saver" app. It's been proven time and again that many of them are just gimmicks. The ones that do work, they do so by slowing down your phone or force your phone to sleep causing many apps to have delayed notification or even miss the notifications. Sometimes, apps you have in the background to do some task you want just stop. All of that for tiny battery savings that don't really have any meaningful impact. I took a quick look at Naptime description and it seems to have a more aggressive doze that makes your phone go to sleep faster, which depending on how you use your phone, it can be quite annoying to have wifi and certain functions to reconnect all the time because you just let the phone idle a sec too long by accident. If that's all Naptime does, it will barely give you any savings. Nowadays android is quite well optimized to go to sleep when it needs. I just don't think it's worth the trouble. Of course there will be always someone who swears by those apps... Then again, this is just my understanding of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: mahmutpekkara

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update

Build type: Gapps
    Pixel extended version : 2.6
    Download: Pixel extended 18.04.2021

Device changelog:
    • Merged april sec patch
    • Added new lenovo parts v2
    • Fixed documentsui issue
    • Compiled kernel with clang
    • Switch to snap camera

Source changelog: Click here
    IMG_20201226_102156_819.jpg

Thanks @Astridxx 😀

PIXEL_EXTENDED_KUNTAO

- initial build
    -Gapps included

Kernel_source

Thanks leonardo for Gdrive link .
    New update

Download
    Pixel xtended 22.02.2021

Changelog
    • merged feb security patch
    • resolved more selinux denial
    • add fingerprint support without encryption
    • add fast bss transition for wifi
    • add parameters for hotspot 2.0
    • add bluetooth audio vendor variant
    • switch to aosp fm radio
    Thanks to the devs, very nice rom. I've tested this rom for 2 days, I've tried to share my findings and impressions about this rom below;

- I had also tested the previous version (22.02.2021) and found some problems especially related to the crashes of "documentui". Also, idle power consumption was a bit high. But, this new version seems to be working almost perfectly. There are no crashes related to "documentui". FP gestures and face unlock are working perfectly. F.y.i., my phone recovery is "twrp-3.5.2_9-0-kuntao" (latest one), I've made the installation with this without any problem.

- The idle power consumption (during the night) is considerably lower than the previous version. For your information, I did a test during the night for a period of 6 hours. During the test, all networks (Mobile Data, Wifi) and bluetooth were closed. I've about 150 user apps installed, also Tasker app with more than 100 profiles and tasks, all operational. GSM mode was set to 3G. Power mode was normal (no power saving mode) and the phone was not rooted. Also, I've used "NapTime" app to ensure full "deep sleep" throughout the night. After 6 hours, the battery power drop is 2% which is perfect for me. For the previous version (22.02.2021), I had made the same test under the same conditions and the power drop was %7, which was relatively high. Of course, it is never possible to think for sure that the conditions are exactly the same in the Android operating system, but I definitely guess that the power consumption is lower for this new version rom.

- I haven't done a test for daily use, but as far as I felt, the power consumption was reasonable.

- Not a big deal but, one of the problems in this version of the rom is the lack of "dark mode" during boot animation. I've tried all the possibilities, disabled/enabled dark mode in the screen settings, power downs and reboots several times, but I couldn't get "dark" boot animation, I still have light/white boot animation. The previous version did not have such an issue and after some reboots the boot animation was permanently changed to "dark mode" as expected. This is of course not a critical problem, if necessary, I planned to manually change it after a possible "rooting" of the phone.

- The pre-installed "Gallery" app is very good but impossible to update. It is linked to the "Gallery Pro" app in Play Store, I tried to update it via play store, but the installation failed. Since I have a paid version of this app, I want it updated naturally. Since it is a system app, there was nothing to do without rooting the phone. After this failure, I've rooted the phone and tried first to disable then delete the app via TitaniumBackup, but all failed. The only solution for me was to use "Debloater" module of the "Magisk". After deleting the system app and clearing the data and cache of the Play Store app (just in case), I've managed to install my "Gallery Pro" app successfuly. Actually, this is not a big problem for the users not using this paid app, or maybe there is some other practical solution that I don't know about.

- There is a screen overflow issue in the power button menu. When you set "enable advance restart" option, the size of the four-button menu is too large to fit the phone screen, as shown in the picture below. The previous version had the same problem, it seems not fixed yet. Is there any possibility for a quick fix for this? Maybe with root?

- Lastly, I have a suggestion or request for the next possible new version. Is it possible to add an option to disable the buttons "Google Assistant" and "Camera" at the bottom of the lockscreen, as in HavocOS system (no option but no buttons)? Sometimes it is very challenging not to touch these buttons when unlocking the lockscreen. Perhaps there is already a solution or option that I am not aware of.

Despite some minor bugs, this version is very successful and I decided to continue using it. I am happy with it and have almost no problems in my daily use. My previous rom was HavocOS 4.2 (A11) (not the latest one) which is very similar to this rom. In HavocOS, the options for customizations are a bit richer, but this Pixel Extended rom looks a little more suited to my taste.

Again, thanks for your efforts.
    All the best

View attachment 5289197

- Pixel team removed dark bootanimation in 2.6 version
    - I will report to pixel extended team for your other issue
    Definetly better than Pixel Experience, charging speed is about 20 min 20 % so its good :D battery life is awesome, this ROM is gonna be my daily driver, KCAL works, i dirty flashed it from Pixel Experience 21dec build, flashed magisk and its good, safetynet passes, gpay works, and it has advanced restart feature to turn on in settings ;D