Development [ROM] PixelExperience [UNOFFICIAL] [12.1.0] [raven]

Search This thread
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 6 Pro[raven]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher mod, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
Everything I believe

Known issues
Not sure, none so far

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, IT IS ALREADY INCLUDED
Download

Install instructions
From custom recovery

** If not already installed, please download vendor_boot.img & flash via fastboot ( fastboot flash vendor_boot "location to downloaded file" ), then select boot recovery in fastboot after flash in finish.

vendor_boot.img

1. Factory Reset
2. Apply Update via ADB, sideloading the downloaded file
3. Reboot to bootloader
4. Apply Magisk Boot ( Patched Magisk Boot v25.2 )
5. Start

Donate
Not needed but always welcomed

Keep in touch
Telegram channel
PixelExperience blog
  • Android OS version: 12.1
Kernel Source

Last edited:

Ulyaoth

Can someone who's tested this post a couple of screenshots of any special settings this might have over stock? I mostly want to compare those against DerpFest that was released a couple of days ago and to avoid flashing again since we don't have a way to backup and restore a rom at this point. Unless - could Slot B be used to dual boot two different roms?

Can someone who's tested this post a couple of screenshots of any special settings this might have over stock? I mostly want to compare those against DerpFest that was released a couple of days ago and to avoid flashing again since we don't have a way to backup and restore a rom at this point. Unless - could Slot B be used to dual boot two different roms?
Currently, you cannot dual boot multiple roms. I remember with OP6T, there was a guy/gal that provided us with a recovery that allowed dual boot for two different roms. It was a wip, but functioned pretty well. Can't recall the Dev's name.

Concerning screenshots of custom settings, I'm sure it's similar to other Pixel Experience roms for other devices. I can't provide any, because I'm not using this particular custom rom at the moment.

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
@alvin14, to sideload you'll need to provide both the boot.img and vendor_boot.img, otherwise we can't use adb sideload since stock recovery will reject it and it's looking pretty unlikely we'll get twrp anytime soon. For those of us who are technically minded, grabbing the 2 .img files I mentioned isn't too hard, but I'm guessing there's some who likely can't.

Also, you might want to provide your kernel source as per XDA rules like the mod has likely PMed you about. This thread will likely get removed/locked and your links taken down if you don't.

Reactions: alvin14

dragynbane222

Jul 2, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Sorry, have not done this since the S4. Kernel source added, forked from PE-Raven. Other files added as well. Not much options added to pixel experience, I personally prefer stock android which i did some development on about 8 years ago. Just light modifications added, very stable.
For the vendor_boot.img to even boot recovery, you need the boot.img from your build as well. Stock boot.img won't work in almost all cases of custom roms.

Appreciate the work, and newer devices are kind of a pain to know what to do. So I feel ya there.

Reactions: alvin14
For the vendor_boot.img to even boot recovery, you need the boot.img from your build as well. Stock boot.img won't work in almost all cases of custom roms.

Appreciate the work, and newer devices are kind of a pain to know what to do. So I feel ya there.
Boot not needed. After flashing vendor_boot via fastboot you can select boot bootloader and it goes straight in. Magisk Boot is also provided should anyone still need the boot image.

Isn't most things backed up online lately? Before every custom ROM flash, backup your data to Google & restore after flash. Don't really use much apps however I would believe they all offer online backup via Google. Signing back into everything should be a breeze since your passwords are also backed up wether to Google or whichever backup app used for that with auto sign in activated.

Ulyaoth

Isn't most things backed up online lately? Before every custom ROM flash, backup your data to Google & restore after flash. Don't really use much apps however I would believe they all offer online backup via Google. Signing back into everything should be a breeze since your passwords are also backed up wether to Google or whichever backup app used for that with auto sign in activated.
Yeah but there's still things that are either not backed up or not restored. For example call logs and device settings are backed up but they've never successfully restored on any of my devices. Then there are things like the pixel launcher home screen layout, signing in to apps, setting my ringtone etc., setting up a multilingual keyboard and so on. The ideal scenario for me is to be able to switch roms without wiping data, but I need to have a backup fallback or else it's going to take me hours of tweaking and setting management to be comfy(not to mention any ROM-specific settings that have crazy amounts of time-consuming customizations)

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Yeah but there's still things that are either not backed up or not restored. For example call logs and device settings are backed up but they've never successfully restored on any of my devices. Then there are things like the pixel launcher home screen layout, signing in to apps, setting my ringtone etc., setting up a multilingual keyboard and so on...
I had to comment here because this is both true and not true. The backups seem to work, however, they usually don't restore ALL of said data when you restore from a backup onto a wiped phone. Oddly enough, when I wiped my phone yesterday and updated to the final Android 13 beta build (A13B4.1), I was able to restore my data and it kept all of my settings intact... So, not only did I get all of my apps back (and put onto the home screen in the correct locations), but I also got my home screen wallpaper set again; I got my QS tile's arranged how I had previously customized them and I got my other settings restored to how they were...

I'm not entirely sure why this occured, however, with a few past beta updates I had lost all of the settings that I had mentioned... I would usually only get my apps restored (without them being placed on the home screen at all)...

One thing to note is that I happened to do this update differently than a bunch of my previous updates. I did this update manually over adb instead of using the Android Flash Tool site. Of course, take this with a grain of salt as I'm not entirely sure if this is what made my backup restore yesterday so perfect. But my only thought is that by doing the update manually, you won't be missing out on any of the fastboot commands that may be dismissed via the Android Flash Tool 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: redtrk

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
I had to comment here because this is both true and not true. The backups seem to work, however, they usually don't restore ALL of said data when you restore from a backup onto a wiped phone. Oddly enough, when I wiped my phone yesterday and updated to the final Android 13 beta build (A13B4.1), I was able to restore my data and it kept all of my settings intact... So, not only did I get all of my apps back (and put onto the home screen in the correct locations), but I also got my home screen wallpaper set again; I got my QS tile's arranged how I had previously customized them and I got my other settings restored to how they were...

I'm not entirely sure why this occured, however, with a few past beta updates I had lost all of the settings that I had mentioned... I would usually only get my apps restored (without them being placed on the home screen at all)...

One thing to note is that I happened to do this update differently than a bunch of my previous updates. I did this update manually over adb instead of using the Android Flash Tool site. Of course, take this with a grain of salt as I'm not entirely sure if this is what made my backup restore yesterday so perfect. But my only thought is that by doing the update manually, you won't be missing out on any of the fastboot commands that may be dismissed via the Android Flash Tool 🤷‍♀️
I recommend Swift Backup. I've been using it for quite awhile and it backs up everything!! Call logs, messages, apps and their data. You can backup to the device and transfer to pc for safe keeping or you can even have the option to backup and restore from the cloud. You can also do what I do and get a OTG cable and backup and restore right from that which is much faster.

Reactions: Slim2none4u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 6 Pro[raven]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher mod, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Everything I believe

Known issues
    Not sure, none so far

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, IT IS ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

Install instructions
    From custom recovery

** If not already installed, please download vendor_boot.img & flash via fastboot ( fastboot flash vendor_boot "location to downloaded file" ), then select boot recovery in fastboot after flash in finish.

vendor_boot.img

1. Factory Reset
    2. Apply Update via ADB, sideloading the downloaded file
    3. Reboot to bootloader
    4. Apply Magisk Boot ( Patched Magisk Boot v25.2 )
    5. Start

Donate
    Not needed but always welcomed

Keep in touch
    Telegram channel
    PixelExperience blog
    • Android OS version: 12.1
    Kernel Source
    Always wanted to get a pixel experience on my pixel!
    Pixel-ception right there, experiencing Pixel on a Pixel lol
    Sorry, have not done this since the S4. Kernel source added, forked from PE-Raven. Other files added as well. Not much options added to pixel experience, I personally prefer stock android which i did some development on about 8 years ago. Just light modifications added, very stable.
    Yeah but there's still things that are either not backed up or not restored. For example call logs and device settings are backed up but they've never successfully restored on any of my devices. Then there are things like the pixel launcher home screen layout, signing in to apps, setting my ringtone etc., setting up a multilingual keyboard and so on. The ideal scenario for me is to be able to switch roms without wiping data, but I need to have a backup fallback or else it's going to take me hours of tweaking and setting management to be comfy(not to mention any ROM-specific settings that have crazy amounts of time-consuming customizations)