[ROM][Player5]CM9 for INTL/USA/KOR - Bluetooth Compatible (23.09.12)

Search This thread

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
CM9 for Galaxy Player 5.0 INTL, USA and KOR devices

Hi guys. I've been following the CM9 development in this forum and it seems as if JackpotClavin is trying to port the 3.0 kernel so the ROM development has slowed/stopped. I decided to try and port CM9 to the SGP and I managed to get it working a few days ago.

Supported versions:
  • 23/07/12 Nightly is stable
  • 20/08/12 Nightly is stable
  • 23/09/12 Nightly is stable (Recommended)

Screenshots:
Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-38-49.png
Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-39-12.png

Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-40-05.png
Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-40-38.png

Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-40-44.png
Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-40-52.png

Not Working:
  • Camera
  • Hardware Acceleration

Rom Downloads:

Stable rom: 23/07/12 ROM
Stable rom: 19/08/12 ROM
Stable rom (Recommended): 23/09/12

Extras:

Home fix kernel for INTL and KOR users
Bluetooth Patch
Tablet Mode MOD. You will still be able to use the phone UI. Choose the MOD for CM9 ROMs
ICS Navigation Bar (On screen buttons). Only works on 23/09/12 version
GApps (optional)

How to Install:
I am not responsible for your device. You are flashing this at your own risk! It works on INTL, KOR and USA devices but only Player 5.0
  1. Make sure your device is ROOTED
  2. Make a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery (not essential but recommended)
  3. Push zip file to your SD card
  4. Wipe data/factory reset - Not needed when coming from other versions of ICS
  5. wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache
  6. Install zip from SD card
  7. Reboot system (This can take a long time so don't be too worried)
  8. For INTL and KOR devices, reboot into recovery and flash Noisyfox's homefix kernel so you can use your menu, home and back buttons
  9. Flash Bluetooth Patch
  10. Flash GApps if you want
  11. Enjoy :)

• JackpotClavin
  • The devs that made CM9 possible for our devices
  • gmillz
  • noisyfox
  • CyanogenMod team
  • Others who have contributed to CM9
  • heat361 for the Touchwiz UX Launcher
  • Team remics for their help with the themes

Last edited:

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Changelog

Changelog:

23/09/12 - New ROM based on latest CM9 released. Added a few modifications of my own including the on screen buttons flashable zip
- Dropped support for 26/05/12 version
11/09/12 - Dropped support for CWM flashable themes as they do not work with the newest version. Theme chooser is now fully functional so any CM9 theme will work
20/08/12 - New ROM based on 19/08/12 nightly released
- Main change is some newer CM9 code
11/08/12 - Dropped support for 29/05/12 ROM due to many of its bugs being solved in the 23/07/12 version
24/07/12 - New ROM based on 23/07/12 nightly released
- Theme chooser is now working
- A lot of new CM9 code has been added
- Nature UX Launcher removed. If you do want it I recommend flashing RemICS-UX
- More info here
24/06/12 - Green and Black Theme released
24/06/12 - Red and Black Theme released
29/05/12 - Second release based on CM9 26/05/12 nightly. More stable than initial release and includes Touchwiz Nature UX launcher
29/05/12 - Initial release based on CM9 29/05/12 nightly. Added Touchwiz Nature UX launcher

Last edited:

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Thanks for testing this on a USA device. I'll update the thread title in a bit.

There haven't been a lot of changes recently as most of the features are working for the galaxy S but I'm trying to get Theme Chooser working. I think the only way to do this would be to build it from source so I'm about to try that now

Reactions: poging22

pmdisawesome

Jan 23, 2012
Hey do you happen to know if the Kernel 3.0 development is still in progress?

No sign of life on JackPotClavin's thread recently, and no thread mentioning the Kernel 3.0.

I just want to know if it's still in progress and if better, where it is right now in the progress bar? I'm not rushing anyone to do anything so don't get me wrong, but why don't we make a development thread for the Kernel 3.0 only, I mean everything of ICS is perfect except for this kernel, and there should be a place where all great devs come together to build an excellent kernel.

Thanks in Advance!

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
I think JackpotClavin is still working on the 3.0 kernel. You could PM him to find out. Currently I'm working on getting theme chooser working, but I might try and work on porting the 3.0 kernel so we can finally have a fully functional CM9 rom

Reactions: poging22

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Hey, I noticed that this ROM also has issues with rebooting whenever I try to access the Apps menu, however it only became an issue when I tried to transfer an app from the SD card back into the device in the Apps menu. I'm using version 5/26/12 btw.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk

Thanks for noticing this. I haven't really been doing any dev work for this rom as I have been working on my RemICS-UX rom. I'll try and find a fix for this problem as soon as possible

Oct 15, 2010
Rom is running spectacularly. You might wanna include the capacitive buttons don't light up, but that's not a problem.
I've been having problems getting my SD card to read correctly, Im pretty sure I'm going to have to format my sd card. So it might not even be a rom problem.
So happy to finally get CM9 on my galaxy player.

*EDIT.
Looks like the galaxy player is confusing system storage, sd card, and usb storage.
The system storage is correct, it seems as internal memory is sd card,
and my actual sd card is now called "usb storage" and I'm not exactly sure how this is working out, I'm having problems managing music and such.

Last edited:

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Rom is running spectacularly. You might wanna include the capacitive buttons don't light up, but that's not a problem.
I've been having problems getting my SD card to read correctly, Im pretty sure I'm going to have to format my sd card. So it might not even be a rom problem.

*EDIT.
Looks like the galaxy player is confusing system storage, sd card, and usb storage.
and my actual sd card is now called "usb storage" and I'm not exactly sure how this is working out, I'm having problems managing music and such.

First of all I'm very sorry for my late reply. I have been working on another rom recently. The whole sd-card stuff is fairly common across the CM9 roms for the YP-G70, but I'll try to fix it if I can

I have been very busy with my other rom, but I did say that themed versions would be coming soon, and I'm working on that right now. I probably wont have enough time to add too many features to this rom, but I'll try to get the themes working.

EDIT:

I have managed to get a partial red theme working. Most of the blue areas of the rom are now red in the system apps and the keyboard. However there are a few area which refuse to change colour so I'm not prepared to release the theme just yet.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2010
My fault dude. I used widgetsoid to get a "refresh sdcard" widget on the homescreen, all is well! This is everything I wanted for the galaxy player, thanks so much.

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Red and Black Theme added

My Red and Black theme has now been added to the OP. It can be flashed in CWM over the CM9 rom. It will probably work for any CM9 rom too

I have also added my Green and Black Theme. Same procedure applies.

Not too sure whether I should post these themes in the Themes and Apps section as I am unlikely to maintain them in the future due to other dev work I'm doing

Last edited:

abtekk

Apr 1, 2011
London
In terms of hardware acceleration, is the 3.0 kernel really needed for it? Could we not stick to 2.x?

Gom808

Nov 14, 2009
How do you get back to the original theme without reflashing the rom? I want to be able to switch colors depending on my day

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
How do you get back to the original theme without reflashing the rom? I want to be able to switch colors depending on my day

Currently you need to reflash the rom. I will create a CWM flashable zip which reverts back to the original theme. I am working on more themes now which I will also post as soon as I finish them

Stock ICS theme is available for download here .

Last edited:

Cm9aphla

May 20, 2012
South Holland
www.youtube.com
Thanks for testing this on a USA device. I'll update the thread title in a bit.

There haven't been a lot of changes recently as most of the features are working for the galaxy S but I'm trying to get Theme Chooser working. I think the only way to do this would be to build it from source so I'm about to try that now

Do you have any reccomended on screen button packages for this rom

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM9 for Galaxy Player 5.0 INTL, USA and KOR devices

Hi guys. I've been following the CM9 development in this forum and it seems as if JackpotClavin is trying to port the 3.0 kernel so the ROM development has slowed/stopped. I decided to try and port CM9 to the SGP and I managed to get it working a few days ago.

Supported versions:
    • 23/07/12 Nightly is stable
    • 20/08/12 Nightly is stable
    • 23/09/12 Nightly is stable (Recommended)

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-38-49.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-39-12.png

Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-40-05.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-40-38.png

Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-40-44.png
    Screenshot_2012-05-29-13-40-52.png

Not Working:
    • Camera
    • Hardware Acceleration

Rom Downloads:

Stable rom: 23/07/12 ROM
    Stable rom: 19/08/12 ROM
    Stable rom (Recommended): 23/09/12

Extras:

Home fix kernel for INTL and KOR users
    Bluetooth Patch
    Tablet Mode MOD. You will still be able to use the phone UI. Choose the MOD for CM9 ROMs
    ICS Navigation Bar (On screen buttons). Only works on 23/09/12 version
    GApps (optional)

How to Install:
    I am not responsible for your device. You are flashing this at your own risk! It works on INTL, KOR and USA devices but only Player 5.0
    1. Make sure your device is ROOTED
    2. Make a backup in ClockworkMod Recovery (not essential but recommended)
    3. Push zip file to your SD card
    4. Wipe data/factory reset - Not needed when coming from other versions of ICS
    5. wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache
    6. Install zip from SD card
    7. Reboot system (This can take a long time so don't be too worried)
    8. For INTL and KOR devices, reboot into recovery and flash Noisyfox's homefix kernel so you can use your menu, home and back buttons
    9. Flash Bluetooth Patch
    10. Flash GApps if you want
    11. Enjoy :)

• JackpotClavin
    • The devs that made CM9 possible for our devices
    • gmillz
    • noisyfox
    • CyanogenMod team
    • Others who have contributed to CM9
    • heat361 for the Touchwiz UX Launcher
    • Team remics for their help with the themes
    Changelog

Changelog:

23/09/12 - New ROM based on latest CM9 released. Added a few modifications of my own including the on screen buttons flashable zip
    - Dropped support for 26/05/12 version
    11/09/12 - Dropped support for CWM flashable themes as they do not work with the newest version. Theme chooser is now fully functional so any CM9 theme will work
    20/08/12 - New ROM based on 19/08/12 nightly released
    - Main change is some newer CM9 code
    11/08/12 - Dropped support for 29/05/12 ROM due to many of its bugs being solved in the 23/07/12 version
    24/07/12 - New ROM based on 23/07/12 nightly released
    - Theme chooser is now working
    - A lot of new CM9 code has been added
    - Nature UX Launcher removed. If you do want it I recommend flashing RemICS-UX
    - More info here
    24/06/12 - Green and Black Theme released
    24/06/12 - Red and Black Theme released
    29/05/12 - Second release based on CM9 26/05/12 nightly. More stable than initial release and includes Touchwiz Nature UX launcher
    29/05/12 - Initial release based on CM9 29/05/12 nightly. Added Touchwiz Nature UX launcher
    I installed the rom, and noticed there is no play store. So i downloaded it and installed it but it wont even open. Help please?

You need gapps for ics, goo.im/gapps

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    :(
    Just flashed the ROM. Thank you very much for your time and effort, Supermaster. Keep up the good work, one step at a time.
    I can confirm that Bluetooth IS NOT working, but hope that it is a near-future possibility.

As an aside, if one chooses to flash a ROM, please do so responsibly, so as to be sure of which ROM and build you are flashing. Set-backs and/or confusion such as we witnessed just before only make it more difficult for devs to analyze and debug their ROMs. It also brings false-positive hits from external (i.e. Google) and internal searches for those yet hoping for a more-functional ROM.

+1. Posting things about roms in the wrong thread is not only annoying, but it clutters up the thread which makes it so much harder to find the useful information.

Also regarding the bluetooth fix, I have finally managed to stop SystemUI from crashing :), but Settings still refuses to work. Progress is very slow but I'm getting somewhere (I hope :p)

*EDIT.

First of all I'm very sorry for my late reply. I have been working on another rom recently. The whole sd-card stuff is fairly common across the CM9 roms for the YP-G70, but I'll try to fix it if I can

I have been very busy with my other rom, but I did say that themed versions would be coming soon, and I'm working on that right now. I probably wont have enough time to add too many features to this rom, but I'll try to get the themes working.

EDIT:

I have managed to get a partial red theme working. Most of the blue areas of the rom are now red in the system apps and the keyboard. However there are a few area which refuse to change colour so I'm not prepared to release the theme just yet.