[ROM][PORT][04-feb-2013][4.1.2]RD MIUI v0.2 alpha

Search This thread

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
attachment.php

RD MiUI 2.12.14 is a ROM originally by dekkyy for HTC OneX
PORT by dexter_nlb

Kernel is STOCK, since we got a locked bootloader and currently no way of changing it.

NOT compatible with new v20a phones, so if you installed v20a and CWM, it will NOT work
Original RD MIUI preview for OneX video

about_zps2d4b589e.png

Although this is not as good as the CustoNexus rom, it can be a daily for those that can live without bluetooth.​

knownbugs_zps04627a7c.png
- wifi tether (same hack as custonexus is a no go)
- USB PC connection with mass storage sharing
- Soft button light is defective (Originate in original OneX release)
- Camera still needs lgcamera hack same as CustoNexus release.
- Bluetooth

history_zps5611e22f.png

• 04-FEB-2013 v0.2
  • - fixed clockworkmod bug which caused a kdz only recovery
  • - fixed dialing issue so calls can be made or received now, adding databases required when you enter phone app
  • - multilanguage support, do not know how good it is, but its included :)
  • - support for internal and external storage, you can use both now in this release.
  • 24-JAN-2013 v0.1
  • - initial upload
  • - Patch attached to this post, to enable vibration, but it is buggy, it will vibrate just a little too much and go vibrator on you (require reboot).

howto-camera_zpseb50b911.png

- get lgcamera from Play store.
- start lgcamera (you will get black screen) OK - normal.
- click shot button (you will hear shater sound - but picture wouldn't be taken)
- pres back button on phone
- start camera apk from custonexus - and thats it! worked every time for me.
and works up till next reboot.​

instructions_zpse8386987.png

• it has come to my attention, that mobile data do NOT enable, if you got a pincode on your simcard. so disable this in your stock LG rom, do NOT do it in this rom, it will fail and cause your simcard to enter PUK state and you need the PUK code to get opened again.
  • battery: do note, WIFI is default - always enabled - and inactivity timeout is 15minutes, you can set it to always and 5 minutes, and deep sleep is faster optained.
  • Factory reset / WIPE before you install if you come from STOCK LG rom, as this ROM will only install and clear system partition automatically. you are responsible for factory reset coming from another type of rom.
    Alternatively - use original recovery where you factory reset as well. (VOL- + powerOn, remove usb cable, or you get to wrong menu) ..
  • Install the release using latest ClockWorkMod , using "install zip from external sdcard". this is a regular "update.zip" type of install.
  • if you get error 7 during install, go check in "mount and storage" that /system is not mounted before you install.

download_zps6b72b3a4.png

thanksto_zps1b88fde6.png

nomaj - for the graphics used here and possible future ones :)
ksekhar - great camera mod to give us better photo's, mod is included from next release​

Last edited:

Afro

Nov 5, 2012
Paderborn
AW: [ROM][PORT][25-1-2013][4.1.2]RD MIUI v0.1 alpha

Woooow Dexter! :good:

You're like a machine :D

I really love your ROMs and I will test this one, too!

I'm sure it will work almost perfectly! :)

;)
...sent with my LG Optimus 4X HD...

The_0ne

Nov 18, 2012
Differences?

Just a stupid question, but what are the main differences between this ROM and CustoNexus?

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Just a stupid question, but what are the main differences between this ROM and CustoNexus?
personally im not a MiUI fan :( , but i do think its the user interface and the difference here, which pretty much is the major here.

i am not familiar with MiUI, so thats pretty much what i can say. :) I always enjoyed HTC Sense most, but now im aosp

king123321

Sep 24, 2008
great work, I think maybe if the HTC ONE X has a Cyanogenmod 10.1 maybe you can convert it too that will be great to have android 4.2!

arnookie

Jun 14, 2009
personally im not a MiUI fan :( , but i do think its the user interface and the difference here, which pretty much is the major here.

i am not familiar with MiUI, so thats pretty much what i can say. :) I always enjoyed HTC Sense most, but now im aosp

Although this is not as good as the CustoNexus rom, it can be a daily for those that can live without bluetooth.
Why do you say its not as good? Is it slower more laggy or just not as nice?

Zhus06

Dec 24, 2009
Re: [ROM][PORT][25-1-2013][4.1.2]RD MIUI v0.1 alpha

I would sign an anti MIUI petition in no time xD

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Last edited:

Hansey

Sep 1, 2012
Hangzhou

message wrong:(

lol ,
q:data ok?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

Hansey

Sep 1, 2012
Hangzhou

about language,you can use Morelocale2.apk:):)

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

lol ,:D
yes,I agree with you .

Hansey

Sep 1, 2012
Hangzhou

Language Settings Chinese:(

com.android.phone fc ,fc ,:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

RD MiUI 2.12.14 is a ROM originally by dekkyy for HTC OneX
    PORT by dexter_nlb

Kernel is STOCK, since we got a locked bootloader and currently no way of changing it.

NOT compatible with new v20a phones, so if you installed v20a and CWM, it will NOT work
    Original RD MIUI preview for OneX video

about_zps2d4b589e.png

Although this is not as good as the CustoNexus rom, it can be a daily for those that can live without bluetooth.​

knownbugs_zps04627a7c.png
    - wifi tether (same hack as custonexus is a no go)
    - USB PC connection with mass storage sharing
    - Soft button light is defective (Originate in original OneX release)
    - Camera still needs lgcamera hack same as CustoNexus release.
    - Bluetooth

history_zps5611e22f.png

• 04-FEB-2013 v0.2
    • - fixed clockworkmod bug which caused a kdz only recovery
    • - fixed dialing issue so calls can be made or received now, adding databases required when you enter phone app
    • - multilanguage support, do not know how good it is, but its included :)
    • - support for internal and external storage, you can use both now in this release.
    • 24-JAN-2013 v0.1
    • - initial upload
    • - Patch attached to this post, to enable vibration, but it is buggy, it will vibrate just a little too much and go vibrator on you (require reboot).

howto-camera_zpseb50b911.png

- get lgcamera from Play store.
    - start lgcamera (you will get black screen) OK - normal.
    - click shot button (you will hear shater sound - but picture wouldn't be taken)
    - pres back button on phone
    - start camera apk from custonexus - and thats it! worked every time for me.
    and works up till next reboot.​

instructions_zpse8386987.png

• it has come to my attention, that mobile data do NOT enable, if you got a pincode on your simcard. so disable this in your stock LG rom, do NOT do it in this rom, it will fail and cause your simcard to enter PUK state and you need the PUK code to get opened again.
    • battery: do note, WIFI is default - always enabled - and inactivity timeout is 15minutes, you can set it to always and 5 minutes, and deep sleep is faster optained.
    • Factory reset / WIPE before you install if you come from STOCK LG rom, as this ROM will only install and clear system partition automatically. you are responsible for factory reset coming from another type of rom.
      Alternatively - use original recovery where you factory reset as well. (VOL- + powerOn, remove usb cable, or you get to wrong menu) ..
    • Install the release using latest ClockWorkMod , using "install zip from external sdcard". this is a regular "update.zip" type of install.
    • if you get error 7 during install, go check in "mount and storage" that /system is not mounted before you install.

download_zps6b72b3a4.png

thanksto_zps1b88fde6.png

nomaj - for the graphics used here and possible future ones :)
    ksekhar - great camera mod to give us better photo's, mod is included from next release​
    v0.2 online now
    v0.2 is on its way

i've tested some of the fixes i found in the other release, and those works quite ok here, and phone can be used for calling fine and no crashing at dialup anymore. and yes, Recovery to backup or another rom works fine now, no problems with ClockWorkMod anymore.

ill post update within hours.
    it could be it will work with miui 4.2.1 edition, but lets wait for a new release with corrections.

if anyone want to do a quick test if they get phone working.
    here are the manual 2 fixes.

1. in buld.prop add "tf.enable=y" into the build.prop, this will fix CWM and you can restore without the problem with /system not unmounting, this is very good! quick recovery
    2. from RD_MIUI in OneX section download the release and copy from OneX zip, /system/etc/*.db (yellowpages.db very important) files to this zip release in /system/etc/ and phone dialer no longer crash
    but might still do some strange waiting when calls are made.
    ive yet to try this rom, but im getting a strong urge to try it even though happy with the custonexus rom,thanks dexter_nlb

until i release v0.2 with better restore function and fixes i found, its just more a showoff that was can be done.
    ill look into this when i fix my custonexus challenge which seems to bother me alot these days. i cannot get above p4 updates and something goes bad.