[ROM][PORT][10.0.0] MIUI 12 China Dev & Xiaomi EU [27.04.20]

Search This thread

Thach-sun

May 7, 2022

ichigo_kurosaki

Feb 24, 2013
Butuan City
Hello, can anyone share me persist image for mi pad 4 plus? Flashing back to stock using xiaomitool v2 by francesco ruined things for me i loat persist image.

Not blaming the guy. I think the auto downloaded stock rom had no persist image inside.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 12 China Dev & Xiaomi EU for Mi Pad 4+!
    miui-11-logo-banner-750x354.png

So, it seems like Xiaomi decided to forget about us.. and left us with MIUI 10 and miserable Android 8.1.. But! Thanks to porting we can use Pie vendor from MI 6X/Redmi Note7 and MIUI 11! You can also use this vendor + kernel as base for any GSI ROM.

In the future I might also port MIUI 11 Q and some other Pie/Q ROMs if I'd get enough requests.
    Done!

Note to Developers: Feel free to use this vendor in Your projects! Just don't forget to credit me :highfive:.

Features:
    Debloated
    Performance tweaks!
    Themes, Wallpapers, Ringtones work!
    Full Screen Gestures work!
    Mi AI works!
    Dark Mode!
    GCam Support! (Tested on Pie)
    FP Touch (Home) (Pie only)
    And more!

What works:
    Almost everything, check bugs!

What doesn't work / Bugs:
    Android 10
    FP Scanner
    Might be more due to early build (I mostly tested HW)

MIUI 12
    Same like Android 10 but now You can use Face Unlock instead of FP Scanner!

Pie
    Reading mode is very weak so use 3rd party app
    Face Unlock ( Only China Dev build )
    MiCamera Front cam ( Only Xiaomi.Eu )
    mSD slot isn't detecting anything but TWRP works fine.
    Sensors may either not work at all or have "upside down" values.

How to Install:

Note: Backup Your nudes before flashing the rom! It will wipe Your internal storage.

Make sure You're on China Dev 9.8.29

Download the ROM
    Boot into TWRP
    Flash MIUI 11.zip in TWRP
    Format Data
    Reboot and enjoy!

Open GCam, go to settings, About, enable advanced settings and done. Enjoy latest gcam! :eek:

Check screenshots in attached images!

Download:
    Latest Q Build
    MIUI 12 Q 20.4.27 for MiPad4Plus - Apr27
    Older Pie Builds
    Xiaomi.eu - MIUI 11 - 11.0.2.0 - Mi Pad 4 Plus - Pie
    MIUI 11 - 9.9.26 - Pie for Mi Pad4+ - Nov 13

Useful Links:
    GCam 6.2 - Check note above!

Warning! DO NOT flash MIUI OTA's! They may brick Your tablet! Disable automatic OTA's just in case!

If You have any other problems, just ask here on XDA or for the fastest support PM me or ask someone in my group on Telegram
    Join my group!

If You want to support this or other projects, You can donate below!

https://www.paypal.me/protodevnano

Credits:
    Ingbrzy for permission
    Guzram for general help (THANK YOU!)
    Thargorsson and Xiaomi SDM660 for kernel & LOS stuff
    If I forgot anyone, just PM me on Telegram!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][PORT][9.0.0] MIUI 11 9.9.26 [13.11.19], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

Contributors
    ProtoDeVNan0
    Source Code: https://github.com/xiaomi-sdm660/android_kernel_xiaomi_clover

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI 10 China Dev 9.8.29 Base
    Based On: MIUI

Version Information

Created 2019-11-13
    Last Updated 2019-11-13
    So here it is guys! MIUI 11 based on Android 10. It's kind of a test build still at this point but I'm sure many will be able to use it as a daily driver.

Changelog:
    Security Patch Level: 2020-01
    MIUI Version: MIUI 11 - 20.1.16 - Android 10 - China Dev
    Fixed sensors (incl auto rotation)
    Fixed Reading Mode
    Upgraded to Android 10 MIUI 11
    Open Camera doesn't record green video anymore
    And more.

Bugs:
    FP Scanner
    Maybe more due to being a fairly early build.

Don't forget it's a test build! And next one will take some time as I really can't use this device for development. So hopefully most people will be happy with this one. If You have any bugs, report them in my group so that I can know about them (include logs, or just check #bug note) as I rarely check MiPad XDA because I'm that busy with OP6.

If You have enough skills, You can extract system from latest Redmi Note7 Xiaomi.eu firmware and flash it. It should work fine.

Download:
    MIUI 11 Q 20.1.16 for MiPad4Plus Jan29

Enjoy! :)
    Aaand Xiaomi just released all new MIUI 12 and of course... as always, they forgot that Mi Pad exists.. so here it is!

Keep in mind that it is the first closed beta so some random issues may appear here and there but I'm also using it as a daily driver (finally) and so far it works well!

And one more thing, not sure if MIUI Camera was available in previous build, but now due to size issues (and it's not a Xiaomi.EU build YET!) I had to remove it for now.

And I also noticed that in this build Face Unlock does work so it's at least some kind of alternative secure unlock for Mi Pad 4 Plus users who can't use FP (also working on it whenever I have time with Mi Pad).

I also tested microphone this time and there are no issues so hopefully those who had issues with it, won't have them anymore.

Edit: This build also has floating apps support so check it out in screenshots below!

Changelog
    Security Patch Level: 2020-04
    All new MIUI 12!
    Updated to 20.4.27
    All new things that MIUI 12 brought
    (I'm kinda tired now so I can't think of other changes, sorry! Biggest change was MIUI 12 upgrade.)

And don't forget it's a China Dev build so use Google Installer 2.0 to install GApps.

And set DPI to 800 in Developer Options for more Tablet friendly UI.

Download
    MIUI 12 - 20.4.27 - China Dev for Mi Pad 4 Plus - Apr27

Enjoy!
    First I'd like to say that I'm sorry for leaving this thread for a while. I was taking a break from all Development (OP6, Mi Pad, everything) in December, then I got sick and once I got better, Christmas made me busy again but.. I don't want to leave this project like that and I know how annoying the sensor issue is for most of You guys so!

Today I have wonderful news. Redmi Note 7 just got Android 10 vendor! And it's also SD660. So now we can have MIUI 10 Q and Q vendor. In this one I will test sensors and try my best to fix mSD slot as we all want a good stable vendor.

At this point for this month I'm more or less done with OP6 projects so I have lots of time for Mi Pad. As soon as I'll boot it. I'll post some screens and updates.

Edit: Here we go! Say Hello to MIUI 11 Q :D

Edit2: It's very fast. Feels just slightly slower than my SD845 phone while launching apps in MIUI. Big difference compared to Oreo.

Edit3: Most bugs gone..

Edit4: FP bug is still left in MIUI at least as it works in other Q ROMs so tomorrow I'll continue working on it. (It could be also that my persist got corrupted in the meantime so reflashing stock until tomorrow will fix it).

If everything will go well. Tomorrow I should be able to post a build. If not then I'll let You guys know but we're like super close and FP + sensors are the only issues left and I did mess up my persist so that's why they most likely stopped working.

(Screen calibration, reading mode these work. mSD untested yet cause I don't have access to one but will try to borrow one for tomorrow)

These things guys take time so don't stress and be little patient :)

(Check screens in attachments)
    Thanks to Diorgenes for asking Xiaomi.eu Team for permission to port their Xiaomi EU ROM, and Big Thanks to Ingbrzy for giving permission :victory:.

Xiaomi EU surprised me a lot. It's very very smooth, has more icons and built in GApps aaand even working face unlock!

Changelog:
    New Xiaomi EU Build
    Face Unlock works in this one.

Download:
    Xiaomi.eu - MIUI 11 - 11.0.2.0 - Mi Pad 4 Plus - Pie

Enjoy!