[ROM] [Port] [4.2.1] [Stock] Canvas 4 ROM for Canvas HD A116

Search This thread

j_svas

May 28, 2006
Pune
Thank GOD , the apps you people mentioned are not common here and it works 100% perfect for everyone else.

It will also be wise to complain the app developer, coz some apps dont work on various devices due to hardware differences.

Sent from my A116 using xda app-developers app

Agreed cmahendra, but these are good apps and working on stock. Try once and you will agree these are good ones

As i wrote in my above post, just Ritz need to make few changes that exposes his fix for video player for all apps or at os level.....

Similarly for gotya app because ritz used chd camera here...

Ritz might know details...

All due respect and thanks to Ritz for his detailed efforts to get us C4 ROM.

Just to let him know on these...

Sent from my A116 using xda premium

Last edited:

rbdudani

Dec 26, 2012
Shake is working for every one 1?????

first bug is shake is not working ,,,, (dont tell me blow to unlock is working when you shake, it is working because it get enough air to unlock when you shake... check with any other application which sense shake , n you will get to know shaking is not working)

harleyhemant

Dec 23, 2010
Bangalore
In a few games of scrabble n word building, I need to shake the phone to re-arrange letters n it works flawlessly in all.
Plz suggest any other app that I can use to check if shake is working or not.

Sent from my P2L5

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

In a few games of scrabble n word building, I need to shake the phone to re-arrange letters n it works flawlessly in all.

Sent from my P2L5

first bug is shake is not working ,,,, (dont tell me blow to unlock is working when you shake, it is working because it get enough air to unlock when you shake... check with any other application which sense shake , n you will get to know shaking is not working)

Sent from my P2L5

rbdudani

Dec 26, 2012
RE:

I have Go Launcher EX installed, and in Go laucher you get options to take screen shots when you shake mobile.. (this is not working on my both HD)

apart from this .... GOOD JOB, DONE ,, and really appreciate hard work of developer

Sent from my P2L5

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Sent from my P2L5

rbdudani

Dec 26, 2012
when you asked if phone it rooted or not,,,, I opened super user APP and in allowed APPS list is doesn't showing , "Go laucnher" is this reason ?

if Yes, then and how to tell Go laucher to for ROOT persmission as it is not asking for root permissions..

Strange.

Checked an app called Shake Calc n also checked sensors n they are reading fine.

Anyone else here facing this issue?

Sent from my P2L5

keanu_ritz

Jul 10, 2013
SANGLI
+1 Video caller id not working..

Hi Ritz,

Video caller id is one very nice apk from market....looks like the video fix you gave is not fully complete and not exposed to 3 rd party apps, possibly that is why video caller is force stopping!

Please check once....

Sent from my A116 using xda premium

i'm still having problem with my bsnl broadband , it connects for 2mins then goes off for whole day, that's why i haven't been able to reply,sorry for that.

i'll see if there's any thing that i could do about this.but i don't promise anything.

does the "video caller id" & "GotYa" work on Canvas 4?
if anybody in here has a canvas 4 please test this & reply.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally after so much testing (copy/pasting), I've managed to Port the Canvas 4 ROM(apps) to work on Canvas HD A116!!!
    (by copy/pasting the library files(.so files) not somebody else's work!!!!)

Thanks to rishabh.raj37 who wrote the tutorial
    [GUIDE]How To Port Different ROMS to Your Device (Simplest and Fastest) --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1908008
    i followed this tutorial.

Tools used for porting this ROM:-
    1. Firefox (For reading countless number of tutorials & how to's)
    2. Windows Explorer(for browsing,copying & pasting)
    3. 7zip (for extracting Stock ROM's & creating the flashable .zip file)
    4. ext4unpacker (for extracting files from "system.img" from both the Stock ROM's)
    5. Notepad++ (for editing updater-script file)

I used the Canvas HD android v4.2.1 Stock ROM as my base ROM --> http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?...201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_09_FLASHER_USER.rar
    ( The boot.img file used by me is extracted from this Stock ROM )

and used Canvas 4 android v4.2.1 Stock ROM as the port ROM --> http://www.moulnisky.com/index.php?...11B_MP_F2F3F5F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER.rar

as both these ROM's are Stock ROM's , there was no META-INF folder in these ROM's.
    so i got a bit stuck there, but where there's a will there is a way.
    so i downloaded kumar abhishek's canvas4HD custom ROM & extracted the META-INF folder from it. (Thanks to him for that!!)
    (yes! only that folder, if anybody wants to cross-check , feel free to do it!!)
    Then i edited the "updater-script" to make it suitable for my ROM.

Features of this ROM :-
    No custom features! (yes you read it right)
    Everything is stock!
    Not Rooted!
    No Build.prop Modifications!
    The Camera is the 8 MegaPixel stock camera of Canvas HD A116(i did not replace the library files ".so files" of the base ROM, so the camera works)

apk's removed from this rom are:-
    Books.apk, Fruit_Devil.apk, GoogleEars.apk, Hangouts.apk, Hike.apk, mi_live.apk, Mi_security.apk,
    MicromaxRegist.apk, MiLiveLarge.apk, MiZone.apk, Moffice_multidex.apk, NFSS_EADRM.apk, TheDarkMan.apk, Velvet.apk

I've modded/Recompiled the following apk's to work on Canvas A116
    1. BorqsMusic.apk
    2. BorqsVideoPlayer.apk
    3. PopupBrowser.apk

i used "APK-Multi-Tool" for doing that.( a big thanks to its developer)

Bugs :-
    No Bugs (Fixed the video player bug)
    if anybody still manages to find a bug then please feel free to let me know.!!!!!

What's working :-
    1. Smart gestures & smart pause.
    2. Settings menu which allows to have different ringtones for dual sim i.e different ringtone for both the sims (not available on Canvas HD)
    Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

If anybody wants to try this ROM on their Canvas HD, firstly please take a full backup of your phone by your preferred method. (CWM/TWRP/Titanium backup)

How to flash:-
    1. copy the "RiTz_C4_2_CHD2.zip" file to root of your sdcard.
    2. reboot in CWM recovery mode.
    3. Select "Wipe data/factory reset" --> then select "yes"
    4. Select "Wipe cache partition" --> then select "yes"
    5. Select "advanced" --> Select "wipe dalvik cache" --> then select "yes" --> then go back
    6. Select "mounts and storage" --> "format /system" --> then select "yes" --> then go back
    7. Select install zip from sdcard --> choose zip from sdcard --> then select "RiTz_C4_2_CHD2.zip"
    after it completes flashing/installing, just go back & reboot!!
    it will take some time for booting the first time,so please have patience.

As i said in one of my earlier posts, Canvas HD is my First android device, so i'm new to android & android development and i've still got lot's to learn.
    This is my first try at building/porting a ROM.
    This might not be the right way to Create/Port a ROM. (but i don't care it worked for me!!!:p)

If anybody wants to or Can improve this ROM then feel free to do it!!

Download link:-

Here's the link for bug free ROM --> http://d-h.st/6d6

Patches/Add-ons :- (Flash through CWM)
    1. Canvas HD Stock transparent Launcher --> http://d-h.st/yDN (Added on --> 10-08-2013)
    Screenshot :-

2. Transparent Status Bar (only for this ROM) --> http://d-h.st/BHJ (Added on --> 10-08-2013)
    Screenshot :-

3. Dual Sim Dialer from CHD --> http://d-h.st/UOQ (Added on --> 19-10-2013)

these "Patches/Add-ons" are optional, use only if you want to!!

Update Log :-
    1. 22-07-2013 --> uploaded Bug free ROM!

ScreenShots :-

AnTuTu Benchmark & GPS Test ScreenShots:-

Disclaimer:-
    I will not be in anyway responsible for any damage this might cause to your phone.
    if you'll follow the instructions correctly, then everything will be fine.

Again I'll advice only those people who have Canvas HD android v4.2.1 to try this ROM and please give your feedback/views whether positive or negative, so that it will let me know what i'm doing right/wrong!!!
    First thing i want to remind you guys This is PURE stock rom No Modifications,

-This rom fast and stable better than CHD Stock ROM,
    -Battery life is very Good,
    -Canvas 4 Boot animation looking very Good same as was showing in TV AD,

sent from my Canvas starkHD...!!!

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Colour reproduction is not good as compare to rom shared by Manoj Nair -Dipesh
    Only this issue i found on this rom

sent from my Canvas starkHD...!!!
    What is this px by andeveloper dude??
    Tell to everyone....so that everyone get benefited. Plz provide link.
    One more thing, while running antutu benchmark...it was crashing each time with canva4 ROM of abhishek. Whether this ROM having d same problem( one of d user reported)

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda premium

Bro PX means Project Xtreme by @andeveloper here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2272317

Dwnld the same & feel the buttery smooth touck, performance, best free RAM & much much more... Tnks @andeveloper
    AND note all this ROM is fully bug-less fully not even a single bug can u found.......:highfive::highfive::good:
    Even m using [MOD] Beats Audio + Bravia Engine 2 + xLoud http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2355182
    & also X-Reality Engine(Bravia Engine 3) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2361043+
    USING Collection of XPOSED Modules

ALL ARE WORKING PERFECTLY ---THIS IS THE ONLY ROM I GOT IN WHICH I CAN USE ANYTHING WHAT I WANT :good::good:

As per antutu benchmark, try to uninstall it & dwnld again, as it's also working fine;)
    Best rom for chd

Guys m using this Rom since 4 days n m a very heavy apps user, till now thr is no bugs errors & the battery backup is awesome, m using PX by @andeveloper which gives me buttery smooth touch n very good free RAM also, after installing 171 apps m getting more than 500 MB Free RAM;);):fingers-crossed::good:
    @keanu_ritz expecting same in future as well...appreciate your all hard work & Tnks for your support.....
    How to flash this buddy?

Sent from my A116 using xda app-developers app

Procedure for flashing "logo.bin":
    same procedure that you follow while flashing rom through SP flash tool but with small changes
    1. select scatter loading file of Canvas HD stock 4.2.1
    2.select only the "LOGO" checkbox, untick every other checkbox.
    3.click on "LOGO" , a window will open ,browse to the location where you downloaded the "logo.bin",select the file & click open.
    4.now in sp flash tool cilck on download and then connect your phone as you normally do while flashing ROM's.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone